The Percentage of Catholics, Calvinism, Arminianism, or Other, On The Christianity Boards?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Percentage of Catholics, Calvinism, Arminianism, or Other, On The Christianity Boards?

• Catholic

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Calvinism

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Arminianism

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Mixture Of Calvinism/Arminianism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lutheran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Baptist

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Methodist

• Non Denominational

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Pentecostals

• Total voters

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This affects all of us who follow Jesus Christ! At no time in Earth's History, since Adam and Eve, has there ever been so many Religious Labels as there are today!

2 Timothy 4. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I am at the belief that neither Protestant Organizations or Catholic Organizations have God figured out completely. Neither are perfect. The interesting thing is, there will be people saved from both SIDES...figure that one out!? They both have their faults. So there is one common denominator, of those who will be saved, in all Christian Religions, no matter their identification. Faith and Love of the Atoning Power of our Lord Jesus Christ! and yes by his grace and love! PERIOD!!!!!

#IfHumansAreNotPerfect
#WhatMakesYouThinkYourChristianLabelIs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Butterfly

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...I cannot say I actually called myself an evangelical Christian...
Those who believe in the necessity of the New Birth (among other things) are evangelicals. So you must ask yourself if this is what you believe. If not, then you must be born again (as Jesus said).

But the meanings of these words have changed quite drastically over the last several decades.

Reactions: Nancy
B

Butterfly

Those who believe in the necessity of the New Birth (among other things) are evangelicals. So you must ask yourself if this is what you believe. If not, then you must be born again (as Jesus said).

But the meanings of these words have changed quite drastically over the last several decades.
Yes, I am born again
What I meant was I called myself a christian and didn't place the name of the denomination I went to in front of it.
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Church is One!

I belong to the Church as a whole, and thus , remaining in communion with my brothers and sisters for 2000 years, i am Catholic.

Peace be with you!

Reactions: jshiii

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I am not affiliated to any denomination of man's making. Brought up in an evangelical non-denominational mission, introduced to dispensationalism in my thirties. I now read God's Word and seek to rightly divide it, in order that I may know His will for me, as a member of the Church which is His Body, 'the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.'

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church is One!

I belong to the Church as a whole, and thus , remaining in communion with my brothers and sisters for 2000 years, i am Catholic.

Peace be with you!
More than 30 years ago, my wife and I left a Protestant denomination that also labored under the same misconception of themselves, The Church of Christ.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I left a Protestant denomination that also labored under the same misconception of themselves, The Church of Christ

Hello Willie,
What misconception would that be? That the Church is one? Or that it includes all of those that are His since its founding?

Peace!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Willie,
What misconception would that be? That the Church is one? Or that it includes all of those that are His since its founding?

Peace!
Like you, the CoC actually believes their denomination (and they also swear that they are NOT a denomination) is the only one Jesus established.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like you, the CoC actually believes their denomination (and they also swear that they are NOT a denomination) is the only one Jesus established.
Correct. But there are also others such as the Orthodox, the Mormons and the Restored Church of God claiming that they are the true Church. Perhaps Oneness Pentecostals also.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...introduced to dispensationalism...
If I am not mistaken you have been influenced by the Hyper-Dispensationalists. Please correct me if I am wrong but don't you believe that water baptism and the Lord's Supper are no longer necessary for believers?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I am not familiar with the CoC. Can they trace their community back to the apostles?

Do you agree that Jesus built one Church, through His apostles?

Peace!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in everything John Calvin taught. By the way what do you call yourself?

Hello jshiii,
Maybe we are all mutts, lol. Are you a proponent of the "L" in TULIP? That is a tough one to accept.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I am not mistaken you have been influenced by the Hyper-Dispensationalists. Please correct me if I am wrong but don't you believe that water baptism and the Lord's Supper are no longer necessary for believers?
Hello Enoch111,

You are not mistaken, in regard to either of these points.

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris