The Pope becomes the forerunner of the Antichrist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the Papacy kills even one, does it reflect Christ? How about millions who died under Papal tyranny? And he's couldn't possibly be the Antichrist?

It seems that we are ignoring Ephesians 6:12 by only focusing on what we can see. What/who are the influencers of this present time?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Papacy kills even one, does it reflect Christ? How about millions who died under Papal tyranny? And he's couldn't possibly be the Antichrist?
soooo it is your belief that Arnulf and/or Joachim were enlightened by the Holy Spirit?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I studied the reformers and they were wrong in so many ways.
They were right in breaking away from the Catholic Church.

You believe The Reformers were wrong in so many ways and they were right in breaking away from the CC which means that the CC was also wrong in so many ways.

It sounds like you know more about Scripture then the men of the Reformation AND of the CC. They all claim to know The Truth but you REALLY know The Truth???

Curious Mary

PS.....You got one thing right. The Reformers were wrong in so many ways. They all knew that the CC was wrong but they also knew that the other Reformers were wrong also. How did they know they were right and the other Reformers wrong? Because all of them believed they were being guided by the Holy Spirit. That means either the Holy Spirit was confused since he gave all of the Reformers different interpretations of Scripture or all of the Reformers were confused. Which one do you think it was???

Reactions: Bobby Jo

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe The Reformers were wrong in so many ways and they were right in breaking away from the CC which means that the CC was also wrong in so many ways.

It sounds like you know more about Scripture then the men of the Reformation AND of the CC. They all claim to know The Truth but you REALLY know The Truth???

Curious Mary

PS.....You got one thing right. The Reformers were wrong in so many ways. They all knew that the CC was wrong but they also knew that the other Reformers were wrong also. How did they know they were right and the other Reformers wrong? Because all of them believed they were being guided by the Holy Spirit. That means either the Holy Spirit was confused since he gave all of the Reformers different interpretations of Scripture or all of the Reformers were confused. Which one do you think it was???

It means Catholicism was wrong in many more ways than the reformers were.

Catholicism is a cult but at that time I don't think any of the reformers were.

I stress at that time.

It doesn't take much to know more than Catholicism about Scriptures.

Remember we are talking about centuries ago. Not the knowledge and history we know today.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Church did, in fact, protect the Jewish minority during WW2 and with time I believe my research would show more than just that. Sooooo you can't use the word NEVER.....
You might want to read this article from the Jewish Virtual Library from which we get the following comment:

The Vatican quarreled with both Hitler and Mussolini on race, but hardly out of concern for the welfare of Jews. Throughout this period the Church seldom opposed anti-Jewish persecutions and rarely denounced governments for discriminatory practices; when it did so, it usually admonished governments to act with "justice and charity", disapproving only of violent excesses or the most extravagant forms of oppression.

Understanding the Vatican During the Nazi Period

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might want to read this article from the Jewish Virtual Library from which we get the following comment:

The Vatican quarreled with both Hitler and Mussolini on race, but hardly out of concern for the welfare of Jews. Throughout this period the Church seldom opposed anti-Jewish persecutions and rarely denounced governments for discriminatory practices; when it did so, it usually admonished governments to act with "justice and charity", disapproving only of violent excesses or the most extravagant forms of oppression.

I agree. The only people Catholicism tried to protect were Catholics.

D

Dave L

soooo it is your belief that Arnulf and/or Joachim were enlightened by the Holy Spirit?
History verifies their findings. Scripture give the profile for Antichrist/man of sin that anyone can see fits the Papacy and Islam.

D

Dave L

I studied the reformers and they were wrong in so many ways.

They were right in breaking away from the Catholic Church.
I don't agree with all they said. I think they still were poisoned by the RCC to an extent. But if you study all the positions on sin and grace, only theirs hold up under strenuous debate. This proved to be the catalyst of the Reformation.

D

Dave L

It seems that we are ignoring Ephesians 6:12 by only focusing on what we can see. What/who are the influencers of this present time?
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” (Ephesians 6:12) (KJV 1900)

If we want to I.D. the wicked spiritual forces at work around us in everyday life, scripture gives a profile for many who are under their influence.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I stress at that time.

Remember we are talking about centuries ago. Not the knowledge and history we know today.
Good Morning CI,

The Reformers adhered to some of the teachings/doctrines/dogmas of Catholicism AFTER the Reformation. In your opinion what are the top three teachings/doctrines/dogmas that they held onto that were "wrong"? (ex. Real Presence, Baptism washes away sin, Mary's Perpetual virginity etc.)

Technically all religions could be considered a cult. Why is the Catholic belief a cult and the other beliefs (Lutherans, Baptist, Methodist etc.) not a cult? Calvin and Luther were Catholic Priest and belonged to the Catholic "cult" but you don't think they were cult members? Is that what you are suggesting?

The Catholic Churches teachings/doctrine/dogmas mirror the teachings of the earliest Catholic apologist/theologians/church leaders/unattributed writings (Clement of Rome, Ignatius, Polycarp, The Didache, Barnabas etc.). They were the closest to the Apostles (some walked and talked with the Apostles) but you believe that the Reformers, 1,500 years later, had better "knowledge" on how to interpret Scripture then they did???? FASCINATING?

According to your theory the further in time we got AWAY from the life of the Apostles the more knowledge we gained....

Curious Mary

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I stress at that time.

2nd time asking:

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I read it. Thank you. The article in part said In retrospect, some historians have come to appreciate the tactical caution of the Holy See.

You might want to read this: Rescue of Jews by Catholics during the Holocaust - Wikipedia

Also this article from the website YOU provided: 860,000 Lives Saved - The Truth About Pius XII & the Jews

One key paragraph reads: The vindication of Pius XII has been established principally by Jewish writers and from Israeli archives. It is now established that the Pope supervised a rescue network which saved 860,000 Jewish lives - more than all the international agencies put together.

How about this statement from Golda Meir the Israeli delegate to the United Nations upon the death of Pius XII: “When fearful martyrdom came to our people in the decade of Nazi terror, the voice of the Pope was raised for the victims. The life of our times was enriched by a voice speaking out on the great moral truths above the tumult of daily conflict. We mourn a great servant of peace.

Or this statement from Dr. Raphael Cantoni who was a leader in Italy’s Jewish Assistance Committee: “The Church and the Papacy have saved Jews as much and insofar as they could Christians. Six million of my co-religionists have been murdered by the Nazis… but there would have been many more victims had it not been for the efficacious intervention of Pius XII.” Therefore, for anyone to condemn so easily in hindsight Pope Pius or the Church as a whole for the course of action taken during World War II reveals an ignorance of history.

Would you like to continue??

Historical Mary

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Snyder: 'One World Religion' Looms As Pope & Islam's Top Imam Sign Historic Covenant

Authored by Michael Snyder via The End of The American Dream blog,
It's my experience that VERY FEW authors get ANYTHING right, -- including this "author".

As I mentioned in another Topic, -- when Eve sinned she was placed under a man (her husband) but Adam was still under GOD. So any man that places himself under another man is obviously a woman. And it's ok to hear what other men say, but perhaps you should consider receiving GOD's Truth directly from GOD!

Bobby Jo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
History verifies their findings. Scripture give the profile for Antichrist/man of sin that anyone can see fits the Papacy and Islam.
I presume you have a reason for not answering my question which has been dodged MULTIPLE times.

I suspect you felt they were NOT enlightened by the Holy Spirit otherwise you would have come right out and said they were.

Since you believe that the Papacy and Islam fits the profile of the Antichrist and there ALOT are more Catholics and Muslims in the world than Protestants wouldn't that suggest that the Anti-Christ has won?

Mary

D

Dave L

I presume you have a reason for not answering my question which has been dodged MULTIPLE times.

I suspect you felt they were NOT enlightened by the Holy Spirit otherwise you would have come right out and said they were.

Since you believe that the Papacy and Islam fits the profile of the Antichrist and there ALOT are more Catholics and Muslims in the world than Protestants wouldn't that suggest that the Anti-Christ has won?

Mary
Antichrist kills multitudes of believers in Revelation which the Papacy has accomplished quite well so far.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Would you like to continue??
No. I would like to know why Pope Francis stood by while thousands of Christians, Jews, Kurds and Yazidis were slaughtered by Radical Islamists? And even after that he wants to call Muslims his brothers and promote Muslim migrant invasion into the West?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Antichrist kills multitudes of believers in Revelation which the Papacy has accomplished quite well so far.
Hi Dave,

You need a history lesson.

The Protestant reformers did the same quite well also: <strong>Reformation Leaders Tortured and Killed Dissidents!</strong>

The Reformers also fit your definition of the antichrist. Using YOUR criteria and YOUR logic maybe they were the Anti-Christ(s)?

hey dodgeball, 2nd time asking: Since you believe that the Papacy and Islam fits the profile of the Antichrist and there ALOT are more Catholics and Muslims in the world than Protestants wouldn't that suggest that the Anti-Christ has won?

Historical Mary