The Power and The Cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of THE CROSS is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the POWER OF GOD.Paul is addressing the "church of God" and "them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints." Therefore, I believe the subject is not only the "preaching of the cross" on which our Savior was crucified. We as Christians know His sacrifice gave us life. But, do we as Christians, those Paul was teaching, understand that we too must "take up our cross?" That, I believe, is the message Paul delivered...to those of us "which are saved." Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto His disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." We receive power, knowledge of His Word, when the Holy Spirit "is come upon us." He is the Holy Spirit that abides in us, revealing the spirit of His written Word. John 14:26 But the Comforter, Which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (28-29) Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come (again) unto you. If ye loved Me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for My Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. He would "go away and come unto you." He will come and abide in us and He told us beforehand so that "when it is come to pass," when we receive His Spirit, we would "believe" it is indeed Him in us. Joel 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for He hath given you the former rain moderately, and He will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first (month). Former rain, the milk of the Word, brought us to Him but it is the latter rain, the strong meat, that strengthens us to grow into the "man child," the "very elect," the "children of Zion." It makes us strong enough to "carry our cross." He is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. Is He making a distinction in the Scriptures and the Power or are they one and the same? He is the Word and He is the power. He abides in us and walks in us....He is the power of God in us and that power is the revealing of the Word, "the wisdom of God." Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. As He is the power of God what does this mean..... Luke 22:69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
Romans 8:16 ESV The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,Romans 8:17 ESV and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.Ephesians 4:4 ESV There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call--Ephesians 4:5 ESV one Lord, one faith, one baptism,Ephesians 4:6 ESV one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.