Christian Debate Etiquette: Lovingly Disagreeing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what about you, @Mr E ?

3500 and change.

Change is good. I actually believe strongly in the idea of a place where folks can lovingly disagree and where everyone can speak their mind and hearts. I think that the kind of censorship that you propose is antithetical to everything a forum should be. I feel so strongly about it that at one point I went and made my own.

But like the landowner who planted a vineyard and put it in the hands of others- the results were predictable.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
3500 and change.

Change is good. I actually believe strongly in the idea of a place where folks can lovingly disagree

Christianity is not about "agreeing to disagree" so that unbelevers, and fake believers, and fallen believers and deceived believers can attack and dispute with... Real Believers.

A Christian forum is not : FACE BOOK with a CROSS on the TOP.

Many think it is.. and some of them are Mods, and Owners.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold

Sorry for offering virtual cookies. I was trying to diffuse some of the tension but that likely didn't help.

There are many people here with whom I Lovingly Disagree. And many I simply side step, not knowing what to do. But the Lord is not aloof. He is good to all.

Im still learning. How do you express a desire to make peace without coming off fake? Can you pray in a conversation without it sounding patronizing unless its private? Im not sure.

Maybe you wish I wouldn't post about certain topics any more. Im still going to post about them but I wish you well. I hope God blesses each area of your life, even if your views never change.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
because people who have no understanding of God's Grace
Only you have ,Behold,eh?

Thank God you aren’t admin, as I know for a fact, you’d boot me off, hehehehe.

Your way or the “ highway” eh Brother...xx

Just teasing, or am I...Love you Brother,xx

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold

Maybe you wish I wouldn't post about certain topics any more. Im still going to post about them but I wish you well.

What you "sidestepped" is the fact that if "certain topics" were "off limits" then the hate and bitterness and insults and innuendo, would be eliminated by 95%.

And of course you proved my point, as for you, that means nothing, as long as you get to post your "topic".

Ok, post it, but when you post it, you dont get to hide.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Only you have ,Behold,eh?

Thank God you aren’t admin, as I know for a fact, you’d boot me off, hehehehe.

Your way or the “ highway” eh Brother...xx

Just teasing, or am I...Love you Brother,xx

You are a person who was given a title here and since that day, you have proven to me, what are really all about.

I recall that when i first met you....... when you were trying to get away from the worst "Calvinism" site on the entire internet.
I thought you had seen the light.

am i kidding, or ...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are a person who was given a title here and since that day, you have proven to me, what are really all about.

I recall that when i first met you....... when you were trying to get away from the worst "Calvinism" site on the entire internet.
I thought you had seen the light.

am i kidding, or ...
Thanks for voicing your opinion.xx

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I like that I have come up with,” Thank you for voicing your opinion “. @St. SteVen helped me on that one.

It certainly beats arguing!!..xx

Know your triggers...xx

Reactions: St. SteVen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What are the 2 most important things a "christian" forum can do ?

1.) Protect a new believer, who comes to it, from being faith destroyed by Calvinism, Catholicism, or any of the "isms" that the devil has created to ruin your Faith.

2.) Provide people an "online church" experience, whereby they can meet with other believers and praise the Lord and share their hearts and learn some bible.

So, if that isn't happening..

Whose fault is it?

Reactions: marks

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What are the 2 most important things a "christian" forum can do ?

1.) Protect a new believer, who comes to it, from being faith destroyed by Calvinism, Catholicism, or any of the "isms" that the devil has created to ruin your Faith.

2.) Provide people an "online church" experience, whereby they can meet with other believers and praise the Lord and share their hearts and learn some bible.

So, if that isn't happening..

Whose fault is it?
Imo..no one on the planet can destroy ones faith ...if it was God given..

No one has ever destroyed mine..in fact it just keeps getting stronger and stronger...

If God gifts you faith when he makes us Born Again..that’s it, that Faith will mature and grow,100% my belief.

How can the devil ruin anyone’s faith...whoever the Father gives to the Son, he won’t lose one...we will have trials and tribulations, Without the Spirit ..knowing he resides in my heart...I could never have faith in God....no matter what I go through..I know God is right there with me,as his witness indwells my spirit..xx

Thank you for posting your opinion Brother as I too have just posted mine,xx

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Imo..no one on the planet can destroy ones faith ...if it was God given..

Paul teaches the opposite, and its also not his opinion.

He says that a born again, can "fall from Grace" and become "in the Flesh"... "bewitched" and a PERSON did this to you.

Who on the form has broken faith?

Everyone who believes they can lose their Salvation., as that is Faith in Christ, gone.
Its missing.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you "sidestepped" is the fact that if "certain topics" were "off limits" then the hate and bitterness and insults and innuendo, would be eliminated by 95%.
Some truth to this.
And of course you proved my point, as for you, that means nothing, as long as you get to post your "topic".

I guess that is pretty stubborn of me.

Ok, post it, but when you post it, you dont get to hide.

I wouldn't dream of it. That's the good part about forums where there are allowances for different views. When I post, you can post too.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Paul teaches the opposite, and its also not his opinion.

He says that a born again, can "fall from Grace" and become "in the Flesh"... "bewitched" and a PERSON did this to you.

Who on the form has broken faith?

Everyone who believes they can lose their Salvation., as that is Faith in Christ, gone.
Its missing.
You can’t become in the flesh , if one has been regenerated/ Born of the Spirit....were in the Kingdom Of God, His Spiritual realm...
Please post scripture that says we can go back to being in the flesh, when we have received the Living spiritual rebirth?
You’ve even taught that yourself, we’re not in the flesh were in the Spirit..so please explain?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I wouldn't dream of it.

In glad to hear that, as we need to have more discussions.
And what a lot of people... here, do... is that they post about me, or they do respond, but they dont post it to me, so that i may not see it.

I want you to post to ME.. when you are talking to me or about me, so that we can have more discussion. @Wynona.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Behold ..did what to me?

Are you voicing your opinion again?xx

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You can’t become in the flesh , i

Ok.
will do.

Let me show you the verses. and these are written to born again Galatians, and this is a local assembly that Paul started...

1.) """""Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.""""

2.) """" I marvel that ye are so soon removed from GOD who called you into the grace of Christ, unto another gospel"....

3.) O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the FLESH?

Ok, ready?

That simply means ...

The BELIEVER born again, has been deceived by that one who "bewitched " them with some THEOLOGY, that led them away from God's Grace, and simple trust in Christ to be saved and stay saved.

They no longer believe that Truth.. that Christ is THE Savior, and they are THE Saved.. forever and ever and ever.

They have fallen away from that TRUTH and now they are trying to keep themselves saved, by law, commandments, works, and performance, or water baptism..

So, they "no longer obey the Truth".......they are in the "FLESH"..

That is the "CARNAL Mind" that can't hear, see, or believe, Gospel Truth or NT Truth.

These people always try to prove you can "lose your salvation" and you have to do something to stay saved, that is a work - self effort.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In glad to hear that, as we need to have more discussions.
And what a lot of people... here, do... is that they post about me, or they do respond, but they dont post it to me, so that i may not see it.

I want you to post to ME.. when you are talking to me or about me, so that we can have more discussion. @Wynona.

@Behold
I haven't done that. I always try to tag someone if I talk about them. Now people think I talk about them specifically when Im being general but that's different.

I do want to say that I think it displays a lack of confidence in the truth of your viewpoints if you simply want those who disagree to stop posting. If something is true, it can stand up to scrutiny and opposing viewpoints. And no, insults aren't needed.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok.
will do.

Let me show you the verses. and these are written to born again Galatians, and this is a local assembly that Paul started...

1.) """""Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.""""

2.) """" I marvel that ye are so soon removed from GOD who called you into the grace of Christ, unto another gospel"....

3.) O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the FLESH?
He was talking to the Galatians..his Born Again children are in the Spirit..the Living Spirit...when Spirit gives birth to spirit..were in this day and age now, not back in them days,xx
Ok, ready?

That simple means ...

The BELIEVER born again, has been deceived by that one who "bewitched " them with some THEOLOGY, that led them away from God's Grace, and simple trust in Christ to be saved and stay saved.
How can their theology have any affect on a Born Again ,it can’t imo,..no one can lead me away from God’s Grace, because I was given to Jesus by the Father.....i am Born Again of imperishable seed, that liveth and abideth forever....I know my Spiritual Father and I know his voice..

They no longer believe that Truth.. that Christ is THE Savior, and they are THE Saved.

They have fallen away from that TRUTH and now they are trying to keep themselves saved, by law, commandments, works, and performance".

So, they "no longer obey the Truth".......they are in the "FLESH"..

That is the "CARNAL Mind" that can't hear, see, or believe, Gospel Truth.

These people always try to prove you can "lose your salvation" and you have to do something to stay saved, that is a work - self effort.
Then imo...they were NEVER Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed in the first place.

My opinion and POV,xx

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona