The Power of Fellowship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honestly believe the Holy Spirit is drawing us into that place where you do find the uplifting and encouraging kind of fellowship He intends.
Perhaps start a group Bible study at home? At a park, coffee shop...main point is the bond that is formed is so strong and you know you have someone who is always there for you.
Jm2c

Nah, more like 100 c :D
Still praying for fellowship near me as, and yes, fellowshipping in person, we can be there for one another to cry together, pray together and help one another in more tangible ways. At this point all I can do well is cook! (well, not right now with only a left hand to use, I'm a righty) Folks need to eat! Can go grocery shop, bring an elderly person to office visits and so on! Cannot help in this way without Christian friends living close. Also, it gets you out of the house!
Think I'll look up some Christian coffee shops near me again. The ones I did look up several years back were more secular and un biblical. But, will take another look...maybe there will be better ones now.
xo
[/QUOTE]
Me too!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got to attend the local Parish and I see a lot of spiritual things around me and when I looked up I saw Jesus' spirit in power and glory. I see him there when I attend. And it does make me feel better to attend in person. I don't always do it for health reasons, but when I do I'm blessed always. More holy spirit than when I don't attend.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I honestly believe the Holy Spirit is drawing us into that place where you do find the uplifting and encouraging kind of fellowship He intends.
Perhaps start a group Bible study at home? At a park, coffee shop...main point is the bond that is formed is so strong and you know you have someone who is always there for you.
Jm2c

Nah, more like 100 c :D
Still praying for fellowship near me as, and yes, fellowshipping in person, we can be there for one another to cry together, pray together and help one another in more tangible ways. At this point all I can do well is cook! (well, not right now with only a left hand to use, I'm a righty) Folks need to eat! Can go grocery shop, bring an elderly person to office visits and so on! Cannot help in this way without Christian friends living close. Also, it gets you out of the house!
Think I'll look up some Christian coffee shops near me again. The ones I did look up several years back were more secular and un biblical. But, will take another look...maybe there will be better ones now.
xo
[/QUOTE]
@Nancy I like how fellowship in Acts 2.42 is linked with various other activities in which the early believers in Acts engaged...

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I kind of ‘ meet up ‘ in small groups online now …..as in when a group of us chat in PM’s
And now of course I have fellowship with my son ……..
I would love to gather in a coffee shop with many of you ……..

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I could have a real physical in person fellowship with you guys....I feel as if we have come through a lot together as a body....we weathered the storm, held onto the hope of the Holy Spirit to unify the body again, cried together, laughed together, prayed together....we have mourned the loss of our dearest brethren together...
And for whatever reason those who still continue to stay are the ones God intended to stay....and those who left God was calling elsewhere...and there are a few who will be returning....
God Bless

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wednesday night I decided to attend my daughter's church as I was in desperate need of some encouraging fellowship.
Sometimes the world around you can be very cruel and hard to cope with. We face opposition, pessimism, criticism, condemnation and judgment on a nearly daily basis and even to the point of becoming drained of all your joy and peace. And without any positive encouragement it can cause such overwhelming feelings of despair and sadness and get you trapped in negative thinking yourself.
I was getting to this point and all I could think of was to get into fellowship with other believers.
I went to the Wednesday night Adult Bible Study Class and almost immediately I began to feel like I was coming back to life...the hugs, the laughter, the conversations and the study of the Word as a group just filled my heart and soul with such joy and peace.
I think I have come to conclude that God had a reason to put in His Word to not forsake gathering together for fellowship and that is for encouragement and lifting one another up in a positive environment.

I left there feeling so energized and inwardly and outwardly joyful since then.
I will have to go back and get some more Sunday! Love it too much!

Hebrews 10 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁴ And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
²⁵ Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

You are correct on all counts. Hallelujah!
So happy that you had a good fellowship.
How many ways is it beneficial. To stand with other Christians and give praise to the Lord. To sing praises to Lord.
How many times have I went to church and the sermon seemed to be just for me.
Fellowship and socialize with fellowship with other believers. Share ideas and beliefs. Adult Sunday schools can be awesome.
LOL Birds of a feather flock together. LOL
You probably have not seen the movie The Last Boy Scout....but I danced the Jig for you.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct on all counts. Hallelujah!
So happy that you had a good fellowship.
How many ways is it beneficial. To stand with other Christians and give praise to the Lord. To sing praises to Lord.
How many times have I went to church and the sermon seemed to be just for me.
Fellowship and socialize with fellowship with other believers. Share ideas and beliefs. Adult Sunday schools can be awesome.
LOL Birds of a feather flock together. LOL
You probably have not seen the movie The Last Boy Scout....but I danced the Jig for you.
Lol, the Jig...huh...gotta check that out...
You were so correct about being involved in the fellowship of the brethren....so very, very, very right.

Reactions: Grailhunter

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I kind of ‘ meet up ‘ in small groups online now …..as in when a group of us chat in PM’s
And now of course I have fellowship with my son ……..
I would love to gather in a coffee shop with many of you ……..
@Rita It was wonderful news about your son... :)

Keep praying... :)

Reactions: Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I wish I could have a real physical in person fellowship with you guys....I feel as if we have come through a lot together as a body....we weathered the storm, held onto the hope of the Holy Spirit to unify the body again, cried together, laughed together, prayed together....we have mourned the loss of our dearest brethren together...
And for whatever reason those who still continue to stay are the ones God intended to stay....and those who left God was calling elsewhere...and there are a few who will be returning....
God Bless
@Heart2Soul

I like the verse:

"Blessed be the tie that binds
Out hearts in Christian love,
The fellowship of kindred minds
Is like to that above."

:)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Participating in this forum is my fellowship. It makes the difference between night and day for me. :)
Me too Truman. All we're missing is the fancy coffee shops - where nobody meets and greets!!! - and most likely a very watered down gospel...at least in the larger churches. We, the church as a whole, have failed Him in many ways :oops: but He still remains faithful, wow. Now that's love! :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Me too Truman. All we're missing is the fancy coffee shops - where nobody meets and greets!!! - and most likely a very watered down gospel...at least in the larger churches. We, the church as a whole, have failed Him in many ways :oops: but He still remains faithful, wow. Now that's love! :)
Gotta love His love!