The Power of Fellowship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wednesday night I decided to attend my daughter's church as I was in desperate need of some encouraging fellowship.
Sometimes the world around you can be very cruel and hard to cope with. We face opposition, pessimism, criticism, condemnation and judgment on a nearly daily basis and even to the point of becoming drained of all your joy and peace. And without any positive encouragement it can cause such overwhelming feelings of despair and sadness and get you trapped in negative thinking yourself.
I was getting to this point and all I could think of was to get into fellowship with other believers.
I went to the Wednesday night Adult Bible Study Class and almost immediately I began to feel like I was coming back to life...the hugs, the laughter, the conversations and the study of the Word as a group just filled my heart and soul with such joy and peace.
I think I have come to conclude that God had a reason to put in His Word to not forsake gathering together for fellowship and that is for encouragement and lifting one another up in a positive environment.

I left there feeling so energized and inwardly and outwardly joyful since then.
I will have to go back and get some more Sunday! Love it too much!

Hebrews 10 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁴ And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
²⁵ Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I do miss the getting together and studying the word, small group gatherings ……but church never filled me in the same way……so pleased you gained from going H2S xxx
Rita

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lord had me out of fellowship for many years. Some will argue this and I understand why. It took Him years to get me to accept it. I lived for fellowship. I loved talking with friends. I loved the teaching. And I so enjoyed leading worship. I lived for it.
Then it ended. There were a few times over the next 20 years that I was in fellowship, the longest being 6 months. But I couldn't stay.
My trip to my cross on July 30, 2020, ended a bondage I'd had for decades. I believe it completed the circumcision of my heart.
The next day He led me here. Thank You, Lord.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many people are searching for..
- 'Spiritual & genuine' Christian fellowship.
---
I found it..many years ago.
- At the 'coffee shop/cafe'.
Sharing/discussing spiritual issues, etc..
- Having a cup of coffee!
I so wish they had a coffee shop like that here. I used to be part of something like it. A gateway between the church and the world.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, H2S, I would grab hold on that, fellowship is so needed! It's a tough thing to find. Like Rita, church never filled that need for myself either. I hope you will like the teachings!
xo

Amen! Dave and I have been out of Church for over a decade now.
We actually found people these day quite unfriendly …even in the smaller Churches.
When we had our Church back in England , we had meeting Sunday, Monday ,and Thursdays.
But our house was often full of members who ‘dropped by’ …it was hard on our young teenage girls , they told us later they resented our house being as open to everyone 7 days a week. So, we started keeping Friday nights just for them.

@Heart2Soul

So glad that you were led there , and blessed. I believe the whole key is being led to a place. And the confidence that you are where God wants you.
23 yrs ago when we first moved here , we tried many many Churches , hoping that we’d find a place to put down roots .
Nothing seemed to work and God didn’t lead.

Then we visited places once in a while …but when the pressure was put on to “become a member “ …and the requirements which went along with that commitment…we left.

Too old now! Dave used to go to a place once in a while, pre-Covid but not now.
We pray together and fellowship together .
I believe you’ll find a verse which says -“ The life is in the cluster “ very true.

Don’t have your expectations too high , because someone may pop your bubble . ( I find) enjoy it a visit at a time .
And guard your heart my friend. X

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wednesday night I decided to attend my daughter's church as I was in desperate need of some encouraging fellowship.
Sometimes the world around you can be very cruel and hard to cope with. We face opposition, pessimism, criticism, condemnation and judgment on a nearly daily basis and even to the point of becoming drained of all your joy and peace. And without any positive encouragement it can cause such overwhelming feelings of despair and sadness and get you trapped in negative thinking yourself.
I was getting to this point and all I could think of was to get into fellowship with other believers.
I went to the Wednesday night Adult Bible Study Class and almost immediately I began to feel like I was coming back to life...the hugs, the laughter, the conversations and the study of the Word as a group just filled my heart and soul with such joy and peace.
I think I have come to conclude that God had a reason to put in His Word to not forsake gathering together for fellowship and that is for encouragement and lifting one another up in a positive environment.

I left there feeling so energized and inwardly and outwardly joyful since then.
I will have to go back and get some more Sunday! Love it too much!

Hebrews 10 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁴ And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
²⁵ Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Amen Heart2Soul, As we can see you are not alone with fellowship especially with the words of The Lord forever towards looking to Him and having fellowship with the household of faith always abounding in His words of life for encouragement.

1 Corinthians Fifteen:58

“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.”

Love always, Walter

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same here Helen...not very friendly at all. I'd rather fellowship on this site than go to a building, look at the backs of peoples heads...people who seem to wish to remain strangers rather than family. The pastor dismisses and everyone is out that door pronto :(
Cliques, the church's now a days are, they are also worldly, more like coffee houses where they get it to go! Gee, let's not try to fellowship with that coffee! Plenty of seats and sofas last church I was at but, they were always empty before and after services.
It's all good...we have one another on here :)
xx

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, H2S, I would grab hold on that, fellowship is so needed! It's a tough thing to find. Like Rita, church never filled that need for myself either. I hope you will like the teachings!
xo
I honestly believe the Holy Spirit is drawing us into that place where you do find the uplifting and encouraging kind of fellowship He intends.
Perhaps start a group Bible study at home? At a park, coffee shop...main point is the bond that is formed is so strong and you know you have someone who is always there for you.
Jm2c

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same here Helen...not very friendly at all. I'd rather fellowship on this site than go to a building, look at the backs of peoples heads...people who seem to wish to remain strangers rather than family. The pastor dismisses and everyone is out that door pronto :(
Cliques, the church's now a days are, they are also worldly, more like coffee houses where they get it to go! Gee, let's not try to fellowship with that coffee! Plenty of seats and sofas last church I was at but, they were always empty before and after services.
It's all good...we have one another on here :)
xx

We fellowshipped the other night and we are some states apart! I was drawn to you by your honesty in that thread and I wanted to encourage you and be encouraged by you also, and that’s exactly what happened. So God puts zoom to good use!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I honestly believe the Holy Spirit is drawing us into that place where you do find the uplifting and encouraging kind of fellowship He intends.
Perhaps start a group Bible study at home? At a park, coffee shop...main point is the bond that is formed is so strong and you know you have someone who is always there for you.
Jm2c
If the Lord started a small group here in my home, I'd be so-o-o grateful.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen Heart2Soul, As we can see you are not alone with fellowship especially with the words of The Lord forever towards looking to Him and having fellowship with the household of faith always abounding in His words of life for encouragement.

1 Corinthians Fifteen:58

“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.”

Love always, Walter
Love the song...and I think the key word is Godly fellowship. The wrong fellowship, as some have encountered here, can be damaging.
God Bless

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Dave and I have been out of Church for over a decade now.
We actually found people these day quite unfriendly …even in the smaller Churches.
When we had our Church back in England , we had meeting Sunday, Monday ,and Thursdays.
But our house was often full of members who ‘dropped by’ …it was hard on our young teenage girls , they told us later they resented our house being as open to everyone 7 days a week. So, we started keeping Friday nights just for them.

@Heart2Soul

So glad that you were led there , and blessed. I believe the whole key is being led to a place. And the confidence that you are where God wants you.
23 yrs ago when we first moved here , we tried many many Churches , hoping that we’d find a place to put down roots .
Nothing seemed to work and God didn’t lead.

Then we visited places once in a while …but when the pressure was put on to “become a member “ …and the requirements which went along with that commitment…we left.

Too old now! Dave used to go to a place once in a while, pre-Covid but not now.
We pray together and fellowship together .
I believe you’ll find a verse which says -“ The life is in the cluster “ very true.

Don’t have your expectations too high , because someone may pop your bubble . ( I find) enjoy it a visit at a time .
And guard your heart my friend. X

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jm2c
It looks like we're going to start a home fellowship next month, we'll see. I'm excited to see what God will do!

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We fellowshipped the other night and we are some states apart! I was drawn to you by your honesty in that thread and I wanted to encourage you and be encouraged by you also, and that’s exactly what happened. So God puts zoom to good use!

Yes He sure did, I've gotten more fellowship on here than all the churches I've been to put together! I hope we can Zoom again soon sissy. You brought out many things that needed to be said and...received. BTW, once the shoulder heals, I'd love to drive to Maryland and meet in person. God willing!
love you my sister.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jm2c

Jm2c[/QUOTE]

Nah, more like 100 c :D
Still praying for fellowship near me as, and yes, fellowshipping in person, we can be there for one another to cry together, pray together and help one another in more tangible ways. At this point all I can do well is cook! (well, not right now with only a left hand to use, I'm a righty) Folks need to eat! Can go grocery shop, bring an elderly person to office visits and so on! Cannot help in this way without Christian friends living close. Also, it gets you out of the house!
Think I'll look up some Christian coffee shops near me again. The ones I did look up several years back were more secular and un biblical. But, will take another look...maybe there will be better ones now.
xo