The Presence of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

R

Rachne83T

If I have the Holy Ghost dwelling within me.
Why would I need to enter into God's presence?
His presence would always be in me.

So if you have the Holy Ghost within you then
why would you need to enter into God's presence?
His presence would always be in you.

If you have the
indwelling of the Holy Ghost
would you not always be
in the presence of God?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said! The Holy Ghost is the spirit of truth and Jesus (the Word) is truth. When you worship the Father correctly you are worshipping in [the spirit] and in truth [Jesus].

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you have the indwelling of the Holy Ghost would you not always be in the presence of God?

If you had asked if sin can separate you from God. I would have said yes and then given you these verses...Isaiah 59:2, James 4:4, Luke 16:13, Romans 6:16, Galatians 6:7, Ephesians 4:30.

Be Blessed!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why would I need to enter into God's presence?
Because you can and if you truly loved god why would you not. He is awesome.

What did Jesus say. i will be with you even to the end of teh age.

Why do men doubt God so.

R

Rachne83T

Angelina said:
If you had asked if sin can separate you from God. I would have said yes and then given you these verses...Isaiah 59:2, James 4:4, Luke 16:13, Romans 6:16, Galatians 6:7, Ephesians 4:30.

Be Blessed!
Do you have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?

R

Rachne83T

Angelina said:
Yes, I do...do you?
Whenever you commit a sin
how is the Holy Ghost that is dwelling within you
is separated from you?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Rachne83T said:
is separated from you?
He isn't, he perseveres with you till the end, and will be with you until then. But how can you end up at the right destination if you continue to rebel against his leading?

R

Rachne83T

lforrest said:
He isn't, he perseveres with you till the end, and will be with you until then. But how can you end up at the right destination if you continue to rebel against his leading?
Do you believe that sin separates you from God?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rachne83T said:
Jesus came to save the sinful. His blood shed on the cross pays for all the sins of mankind, past, present and future.

If a person thinks that God will turn His back on His children, who are still living in a sinful body that will still sin, then that person doesn't have faith, trust, confidence and belief in His work on the cross.

The gospel of grace that Jesus gave to Paul is wonderful and complete in that He justifies the un-Godly based on their faith in His word.

Many do not like the statement above but they had better start believing it since they still sin in the flesh just as everyone else does.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No it is unbelief. So many christians have there backs turned to Jesus, because they refuse to accpet the great gift He has given us. Somehow christians dont believe Jesus when he said, IT is finished", or that teh free gift is actually free. How can one be free from sin when one is troubled by sin, how can one be "free indeed", if one is troubled by sin. Jeus never came to stop us sinning He came so we would be free from teh "condmenation", yet still so many walk condemned by sin. When we are perfect as He is perfect than our flesh will no longer play a part, till than, get over it, you cannot beat your flesh into submission, many have tried and all have failed.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, I believe that sin separates you from God. I don't lack faith in any way. I believe that you need to genuinely repent of sin to be back in right relationship with him. It only takes repentance from the heart however, some believe that they can continue to walk their old sinful life and still be covered by Gods grace because they originally repented at one time at salvation. You cannot grieve the Holy Spirit by walking rightly...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just for you,

I know it will annoy some, not my problem.

I can just hear the conversation..
Hi Jesus,
Yes, “ insert name here”.
Lord forgive me of my sins..
Which ones?
I only commited 3 today Jesus they are.
Oh is that all, I counted 321.
321 how can that be. I only remember3.
Well there was the moment you looked at this person and you lusted after them,
Oh that one.
Than there was the car that passed you and you said” I wish I had one of those”, coveting anothers goods.
Oh, would never have thought of that one.
What about the friend who hurt you and you wont forgive them.
Oh, you heard.
Than there was that moment when you pricked you finger.
Oh you heard that one too.
So would you like me to go on, or would you like me to tell you of the 234 you will commit tomorrow.
Sorry Lord no, that’s enough.
Did I or did I not die for your Sinssssssssssssssssssssssssss, yes or no.
Yes Lord.
So are they forgiven or not.
Yes Lord, I guess I just don’t understand.
No many don’t, I died for the sins of “all mankind” though many seem to think I only died for the righteous.
So than Lord, what do I need to do.
Did I not say I would give you life, so live, I condemned all sin to the flesh, I came not to save your flesh but your spirit so that you can live with me in eternal life.
Is that not enough for you ??
Yes Lord . Thank you.

In all His Love

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Great speech but it doesn't fit the relationship we have with Christ under the new covenant, through the Holy Spirit. What you are discussing is following the ways of the Law. The Holy Spirit is our helper and when we have sinned in such a way that it grieves the Holy Spirit, you will become acutely conscious of it...this awareness should bring you into a place of true repentance and forgiveness, whatever it may be...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
YOu know why I gave my life to Him,

becuase I reaslised what I was, and what I am. i stood back and looked at myself and found that I have no confidence in me, and so I declared my self to be His to do with as He pleases, because of my self I can do nothing. Him being christ is perfect, and in His Grace I shall walk, in His Love i shall Live, and in His righteousness I will be found as will many, because we have all denied ourselves as He did so we could die with Him, so that He could put on us His garment of righteousness,and in that not becuase of what I am or what I could do, I can stand before God guiltless, and I have. My confidence is in Christ and His works, and God and His promises because God is not slack in these things.

When one is troubled by sin than one has not accepetd teh payment He has made, He came to set us free, if we feel guilty than we are condmened , if we are condmened than we are paying teh price and not Him. Either He has done it or we are doing it.

There is this cross where we are supposed to lay down our lives, if we dont we will never get past it. Jesus did, the path to righteousness is on the other side.

Read this it is where you should be as should many

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When one is troubled by sin than one has not accepetd teh payment He has made, He came to set us free, if we feel guilty than we are condmened , if we are condmened than we are paying teh price and not Him.

Agreed and this is the point where we need to bring our sinful ways before God and repent...

Either He has done it or we are doing it. There is this cross where we are supposed to lay down our lives, if we dont we will never get past it. Jesus did, the path to righteousness is on the other side.
...and this is where you believe that the original commitment made at salvation covers even future sin and you're wrong...

When we were forgiven at salvation, it does not mean that every other sin we commit after that is covered by our original commitment. As a matter of fact, it's a breach of that commitment. Our new covenant is a two sided agreement not one sided. Sin is sin and needs to be repented of to bring us back into a right relationship with God. Hebrews 10 says;

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:16 “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” 17 Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

If it were true that we are not accountable for any further sin due to the original salvation message, the writer of John would not have mentioned the passage below...

1 John 2:1
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Shalom!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please show me one person on the face of this earth without sin. Please just one, thats all i ask, a simple task.

The reason why people are so troubled by sin is because they cant accept what christ has done, how one like Him could do what he did for us. How mnay time do christians need Christ to get up on that cross for them before the cry out "thank you Jesus, i will take Grace".

As i have said many times. the only way you will ever stop sinning is when you die. or as the bible says, in the twinkling of an eye we will all be changed" but chritians dont have "life" as Jesus put it because they dont believe it is as He said "finished". The work he came to do is done but we will not leave it at that and so many remain in bondage to sin, because they wont give their burdens to Him. If you are in Christ you are free from the guilt and condemnation of teh law and sin,, if you are not...

That is why it says. there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ and who walk after the spirit.

Christians who are in Christ should not be troubled by sin, it is that simple.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Please show me one person on the face of this earth without sin. Please just one, thats all i ask, a simple task.
The reason why people are so troubled by sin is because they cant accept what christ has done, how one like Him could do what he did for us. How mnay time do christians need Christ to get up on that cross for them before the cry out "thank you Jesus, i will take Grace
Only Jesus was without sin...Every believer has the potential to sin because we are still in the body of this tent and are only partly redeemed. That is why the Spirit and the flesh are in constant conflict. Galatians 5:16-17. God has sent us his Spirit as a deposit and also to help us become more like him. This is where we begin to walk in the newness of the Spirit. Salvation leads to the process of sanctification. That is a walk...

R

Rachne83T

Angelina said:
Yes, I believe that sin separates you from God. I don't lack faith in any way. I believe that you need to genuinely repent of sin to be back in right relationship with him. It only takes repentance from the heart however, some believe that they can continue to walk their old sinful life and still be covered by Gods grace because they originally repented at one time at salvation. You cannot grieve the Holy Spirit by walking rightly...
is separated from you?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Rachne83T said:
is separated from you?
That depends on your definition of separation and whether you think it's a physical or spiritual one? A simple human hair can separate one person from another and I'm sure there is a spiritual counterpart to that. The Bible uses a lot of examples of separation. When is as far as the East is from the West. How far is that I wonder?