The problem with the Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the same for every faithful Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Anglican, non-denominational, Jew, Arab, et al.

The universal church is all of those in the world who have said yes to God's grace offer and thereafter follow Jesus.
They Universal Church is a united, monolithic congregation - a city on a hill that cannot be hidden (Matt. 5:14).

Whereas Protestant Christians do not belong to it because they are self-separated - they ARE related to that ONE Church of Christ.
It's time to come home . . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're both wrong: God was angry with Solomon: 1 Kings 11: "1 King Solomon, however, loved many foreign women along with the daughter of Pharaoh—women of Moab, Ammon, Edom, and Sidon, as well as Hittite women. 2 These women were from the nations about which the LORD had told the Israelites, “You must not intermarry with them, for surely they will turn your hearts after their gods.” Yet Solomon clung to these women in love. 3 He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines—and his wives turned his heart away. 4 For when Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and he was not wholeheartedly devoted to the LORD his God, as his father David had been. 5 Solomon followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians and Milcoma the abomination of the Ammonites. 6 So Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD; unlike his father David, he did not follow the LORD completely. 7 At that time on a hill east of Jerusalem, Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the abomination of Moab and for Molech the abomination of the Ammonites. 8 He did the same for all his foreign wives, who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods. 9 Now the LORD grew angry with Solomon, because his heart had turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10 Although He had warned Solomon explicitly not to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the LORD’s command.
11 Then the LORD said to Solomon, “Because you have done this and have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will tear the kingdom away from you and give it to your servant. 12 Nevertheless, for the sake of your father David, I will not do it during your lifetime; I will tear it out of the hand of your son. 13 Yet I will not tear the whole kingdom away from him. I will give one tribe to your son for the sake of My servant David and for the sake of Jerusalem, which I have chosen.”
14 Then the LORD raised up against Solomon an adversary, Hadad the Edomite, from the royal line of Edom."
I wasnt wrong my friend . IT was not because of the building of the temple that GOD was angry at solomon
but as you said , IT was because of the other gods stuff . NOW GO and behold this pope . LOOK AT IT .
Its may have horns like a lamb , but it and others speak as a dragon . AND I take that to the bank . Follow this pope ..................NEVER .
May i be long dead and stinking in the soil before i follow any one or anything false . FOLLOW JESUS . LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this speaks VOLUMES about YOUR lack of faith.

Jesus guaranteed that His Church would NOT succumb to darkness (Matt. 16:18).
Although He DID warn that some bad people would emerge FROM it (Matt. 7:15-20) but not overtake it.

The fact that YOU believe it did succumb speaks VOLUMES about your lack of faith.
The true church has never succumbed, not to Rome and not to any denominations that are cultists. The true church are the faithful born again followers of Jesus Christ all over the world.

The pope is not the vicar of Christ, nor is the pope the sancta papa, nor is the pope the supreme pontiff, nor is the pope the successor of Peter.

The true believers have one mediator in Jesus Christ. The true believers have the indwelling Holy Spirit. True believers have one Holy Father in heaven who is with the Son, Jesus.

The church in which you belong is apostate.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your posts get more and more stupid as you go along - and this one is NO different.

Ummmmm, it wasn't Pope Francis who kissed the Quran, Einstein - it was Pope John Paul II. He was showing appreciation for a gift given to him by a Muslim leader who he was trying to have a peaceful dialogue with. He wasn't agreeing with what was on the pages of that book.

But that's okay - I expect an even more stupid response from you the next time . . .
Try reading vatican two . It might help you to see what on earth is truly going on .
ITS a mess . These popes are pumping deadly doctrine unto the folks . ALWAYS hinting that somehow we must be serving the same GOD .
YET this last pope , Pope Francis , THAT MAN aint hinting , HIMS IS SAYING it .
You just dont want to believe it . EVEN THEE FAITH has a few words about VATICAN TWO and this pope . THEY DEADLY and they dangerous .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They Universal Church is a united, monolithic congregation - a city on a hill that cannot be hidden (Matt. 5:14).

Whereas Protestant Christians do not belong to it because they are self-separated - they ARE related to that ONE Church of Christ.
The catholic church, which is full of pedophile and homosexual teachers and preachers, is not Christ's representative and leadership for the body of true believers: the Catholic Church is apostate.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catholic church, which is full of pedophile and homosexual teachers and preachers, is not Christ's representative and leadership further body of true believers: the Catholic Church is apostate.
Apostacy runs rampant in that church , but it runs rampant in the protestant realm as well my friend .
WE must simply stick to the LORD JESUS and to our bible . Cause many are and many more will soon be taken
into this all out delusional web of we are one and not only will all the faiths unite as one , but they will unite with ALL religions
and with the world in this new world order of the beast . Its coming and we must endure faithful even unto death my friend .

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostacy runs rampant in that church , but it runs rampant in the protestant realm as well my friend .
WE must simply stick to the LORD JESUS and to our bible . Cause many are and many more will soon be taken
into this all out delusional web of we are one and not only will all the faiths unite as one , but they will unite with ALL religions
and with the world in this new world order of the beast . Its coming and we must endure faithful even unto death my friend .
Yes, I believe it, particularly when looking at pope francis and his push for ecumenical relations with Muslims and Buddhists, etc. The catholic church is becoming unitarianist universalist humanists

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And soon this so called univeral church and all religoins even will merge to be as one under the fake social gospel that must pump out .
And THEN when they cannot convince true lambs to join in , they TURN on them . THIS SOCIETY
under the beast , the whore and her children are gonna actually think they do gods will , when they round up ,
cast out of society , the lambs who would not conform to this SOCIETY . Think it cant happen .
Look around . Look at what is already happening with the vaccine . They got a system , FIVE G led that is gonna end up
with total power and control . AND any who wont conform , THEY GONNA CAST OUT , Round up as dangerous fundamentals
And put to death many . TELL ME , in that day will you be cheering with them as they kill some of us . Yall are on the wrong side
my friend . FRANCIS DOES the SOCIAL AGENDA and helps to merge all to be as one . BUT UNDER WHAT .
UNDER A GREEN , ALL INCLUSIVE , SOCIAL ORDER , ONE WORLD GOVT . AND you all cant see this .
I could care less if they kill me , my concern is for their souls and salvation . BUT i say this in hopes YOU will seriously THINK .

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yet that "church" you call "catholic" has hid behind the viel of power and authority for centuries: killing those that dissent against it, murdering hundreds of thousands for rejecting it, promoting absolution through the sale of indulgences, buiding a fortune off the backs of sinners' purchase of indulgences, taking a neutral position against nazism as Hitler and his henchmen murdered millions, including Italian Jews right outside Pope Pius XII's balcony window. Interesting that while Rome was occupied by nazis, and Italian Jews were physically rounded up and beaten right under the pope's nose, vatican city was left untouched and alone by the nazis. How peaceful it must have been. I can hear the pope saying: "Lord thank you for not making me like that Jew down there." While the Jew was crying out loud "Have mercy on me, oh Lord."

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Church is not an institution of man, but a body of believers. There are believers in Christ here who are saying BOTH the Protestant and Catholic churches are falling away into Apostacy as was foretold in Scripture by the Apostle Paul. What Matters is not what institution you belong to or uphold, But That the truth of the Word of God is in You. The Time is now for the Church of the saints to arise, Those who have the fulness of Christ Jesus IN THEM, Not just the markings of religion on them. The true Body of Christ is not a building a sect or a denomination But the people who love the Lord and What he has done for them. All this endless bickering of which fleshly sect you belong to is counter to the Word of God and shows the immaturity in those who call themselves Christians as Paul Lamented in 1 Corinthians 3.... It is our carnal fleshly nature at work, And not of the will of God.

Go to the cross, change your focus onto Christ alone and not the things of this world. Jesus is coming, and we should be looking up and not at the things of this world.

Reactions: LTJMP14

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty confidant Jesus' puts the Word of God in a Converted man....not the jibber jabber, dogmas, catechism, traditions of men.

:)

Not very confident. Absolutely confident. god was in control when the writings that were to become scripture were being penned. Man may not know what they are doing all the time or in control, but God is.

Reactions: Taken and LTJMP14

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was NO Bible when the Church was born, my ignorant friend.

There was only the OT -the Law and the Prophets. The NT came FROM the Church
The letters of the New Testament were penned and distributed among the congregations of believers long before the corrupt Catholic priesthood.

"16After this letter has been read among you, make sure that it is also read in the church of the Laodiceans, and that you in turn read the letter from Laodicea." Colossians 4:16
Onesimus became the pastor at Ephesus and he collected Paul's writings together. Notice, too, how Peter alludes to Paul's writings as scripture:

"Some parts of his (Paul's) letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction." 2 Peter 3:16

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh - it must have been the fact that YOU failed to tell me how God "disapproved" of the treasures in Solomon's Temple.

Was God "angry" with Solomon for giving him the very BEST - or was He pleased?
Yeah - that's what I thought.

Oh, ummm - "LOL" . . .
For a priest you don't seem very Bible literate, lol....

"But the king must not acquire many horses for himself or send the people back to Egypt to acquire more horses, for the LORD has said, ‘You are never to go back that way again.’ He must not take many wives for himself, lest his heart go astray. He must not accumulate for himself large amounts of silver and gold." Deuteronomy 17:16-17

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think bread of life misunderstood this . He thinks you meant GOD was angry at solomon for building the temple .
BUT Your are right my friend . GOD was angry at solomon , for agreeing with other gods as well .
THAT was why The kingdom was divided during HIS SONS REIGN . GOD dont want us mixing HIM with other gods .
NOW GO TELL THIS to the popes and pope francis , CAUSE ITS EXACTLY WHAT THEY DO . Saying all paths , all religoins
serving the same GOD nonsense . The man even declared that one who prolesytizes the gospel aint even christain . What a man of belial
that pope truly is . This whole world and most all churches even , are in a total mess these days .
Let the lambs CLING TO JESUS and learn our bibles well .

i get the best laughter on these threads with RCC people - ( i was born and raised one - so i know)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a priest you don't seem very Bible literate, lol....

"But the king must not acquire many horses for himself or send the people back to Egypt to acquire more horses, for the LORD has said, ‘You are never to go back that way again.’ He must not take many wives for himself, lest his heart go astray. He must not accumulate for himself large amounts of silver and gold." Deuteronomy 17:16-17
Most priests these days are illiterate of even the simpliest of truth found in the bible , but very full of humanism and intellectual reasoning
of humanism . So no marvel .

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i get the best laughter on these threads with RCC people - ( i was born and raised one - so i know)
I often feel nothing but sorrow for many folks . If only the peoples had simply followed Christ . Had learned His doctrine well
and all sound doctrine well . OH then had they stood for the truth and their end would have been so good .
But WOE unto this generation , for it stands only on a sensual humanstic reasoning and thus cannot discern
the truth . At most they only use parts of the bible , but it is only to justify their perversion , their lie and their path .
If only the peoples had KNOWN the GOOD that GOD had planned for all who simply believed in Christ and had followed HIM
faithful unto the end . THEN many would be standing and contending for the actual bibical truth and not
rather embracing the delusion .

Status
Not open for further replies.