The problem with the Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ecumenical means religious Rome(Roman church/RCC), not political Rome.

Political Rome evolved into religious Rome.

nuts

Have you ever heard of the conversion of Constantine or the council of nicea?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except the RCC hates Acts 2:38 specifically.

does it have to be the name of Jesus?
Father son and HS are commanded by Christ

do we have to pray in the name of Jesus?

why not say thru Christ our lord amen

Jesus is Christ
Jesus is lord
He’s is the son

so any of these are good and fine

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read much? God was angry with Solomon's disobedience, which is why God divided the kingdom. You're not a dunce, just an arrogant prideful punk. Are you also homosexual?
And yet God was NOT angry with Solomon for building the ornate Temple - and THAT was your point, Einstein.

And, no - I'm not a homosexual - but thanks for that blatant display of desperation in the face of defeat.
Are YOU an idiot?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm confident that the bulk of the Catholic proceeds are maintained within the organization itself, not spent on charity. You'll never convince us that the leadership of the Catholic church is honest and upright and godly. They have the exact opposite reputation among us true believers who can see. Especially now that it is becoming more and more well known, even in the eyes of the unsaved world, that the Catholic priesthood is a hotbed of gay pedophiles, most of whom are protected by the church itself. There's just no denying this.
You're "convinced" - and that should be proof enough?
Now THAT'S funny . . .

And HOW MANY times must I remind you that YOUR Protestant sects have as much - if not MORE child molestation going on within them. Clean up your OWN mess - THEN you can point fingers.
Just more hypocritical idiocy on display . . .

Evangelicals ‘worse’ than Catholics on sexual abuse

Evangelical Sex Abuse Record ‘Worse’ Than Catholic, Says Billy Graham’s Grandson

Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’

Child Sex Abuse More Prevalent Among Protestants Than Among Catholics

There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic

Denial About Sexual Abuse In Evangelical Churches

Confronting Evangelical Enabling of Sexual Abuse

Child abuse a Calvinist problem, podcast says

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet God was NOT angry with Solomon for building the ornate Temple - and THAT was your point, Einstein.

And, no - I'm not a homosexual - but thanks for that blatant display of desperation in the face of defeat.
Are YOU an idiot?
Ah, so you're still in the closet. Do you confess to a man in a booth still?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'God, who at sundry times and in divers manners
spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son,
Whom He hath appointed heir of all things,
by whom also He made the worlds;'

(Heb 1:1-2a)

Hello @theefaith,

That which was Divinely revealed to the Apostles and Prophets is what we have contained in the Word of God. It is the sum total of all Truth.

'How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation;
which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord,
and was confirmed unto us by them that heard Him;
God also bearing them witness,
both with signs and wonders,
and with divers miracles,
and gifts of the Holy Ghost,
according to His Own will?'

(Heb 2:3)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

how do we receive this salvation?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that's how they did it in the early part of Acts (well, I mean minus the "Father", and "Holy Spirit" part, lol). But God is sovereign. His Spirit moves when and where He wants. Some people are baptized into the body of Christ via the Spirit before their water baptism (i.e., Cornelius). Some after. I know you view a specific water baptism as a carnal, legalistic means to be saved but it is not portrayed as such in the scriptures. Spiritless men made it that.
It’s a covenant with requirements not a bible study

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are YOU an idiot?
Defeated? Nah, not me, not now, and not by you. I've passed from death to life in Christ Jesus. I'm saved by the precious blood of Jesus Christ. And you? Well, you're just so full of yourself: so blinded by dogmatic twisted and perverted teaching of the Roman church.

Tell me, which of these catholic bishops are or were truly representing Jesus Christ while they were also injecting young men and little boys and girls with their version of communion?

ACCUSED BISHOPS LISTED BY COUNTRY
Argentina | Australia | Austria | Belgium | Brazil | Canada | Chile | Dominican Republic | England | France | French Guiana Germany | Guam | Honduras | Iceland | India | Ireland | Italy | Jamaica | Kenya | Liberia | Netherlands | New Zealand | Nigeria | Norway | Paraguay | Peru | Philippines | Poland | Portugal | Puerto Rico | Scotland | South Africa | Switzerland | United States | Uruguay | Wales

BISHOPS ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ABUSE OF MINORS
Apuron | Arzube | Bactol | Bevilacqua | Bluyssen | Bransfield | Brown | Brungardt | Burke | Camacho | Carraro | Casey | Contreras Molina | Corrêa | Cowley | Cox Huneeus | Davis | di Falco Léandri | Denning | DiMarzio | Duarte García de Cortázar | Dimmerling | Dozier | Dudley | Dupre | Fernández Torres | Ferrario | Fisher | Flores | Gelineau | Gerety | Gijsen | Groër | Grosz | Gulbinowicz | Guglielmone | Harrington | Hart | Hubbard | Janssen | Jenik | Lahey | LaRocque | Libasci | Livieres Banks | Lyons | Magee | McCarrick | McGann | McQuaid | Medeiros | Miranda Melgarejo | Mixa | Müller | Mulloy | Murphy-O’Connor | Niënhaus | Nienstedt | O’Brien, Thomas | O’Connell | O’Connor,Hubert | Órdenes Fernández | Orsmond | Pagotto | Pell | Piñera Carvallo | Rausch | Rueger | Ryan | Salazar | Schilder | Skylstad | Soens | Storni | Sullivan, James | Sullivan, Joseph | Symons | Szkodoń | ter Schure | Vangheluwe | Vaughan | Ward | Weldon | Wesołowski | Williams | Ziemann

BISHOPS ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ABUSE OF OR MISCONDUCT WITH ADULTS ONLY
Antonazzo | Barbosa Da Silveira | Abanto Guzmán | Bacani | Bär | Brom | Bennett | Comiskey | Conry | Drennan | Eisenbach | Ferreira da Silva | Karnley | Knight | Lafont | Lugo Méndez | Lynch | Maccarone | Marino | McCarthy | Moreira Azevedo | Mulakkal | O’Brien, Keith | Paetz | Pellegrín Barrera | Pineda Fasquelle | Tejeda Rosario | Sanchez | Sarto | Saunders | Spellman | Toohey | Uriona | Ventura | Vogel | Weakland | Welsh | William | Wright | Yalung | Zanchetta | Zeigler

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is the life in the new covenant right?

point being, It does not say faith cometh by being a part of the Catholic church, Nor does it say hearing cometh by listening to the Pope. These are added things that Hinder salvation. The word of God alone will lead one to salvation, By faith alone through grace alone.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
point being, It does not say faith cometh by being a part of the Catholic church, Nor does it say hearing cometh by listening to the Pope. These are added things that Hinder salvation. The word of God alone will lead one to salvation, By faith alone through grace alone.

One step at a time

can we receive this new life new creation directly or from the apostles?

we did not receive the 1st life directly from God but it was imparted to Adan and he yo his posterity gen 2:7
So the new covenant life of grace was imparted to our fathers (the apostles)

Jn 20:21-23 and we receive it from them as Christ commanded in matt 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a covenant with requirements...
Yes, but not requirements that earn justification/salvation.

Faith has an expected and obligatory outcome. But the outcome does not make anyone righteous as just payment for the outcome achieved. That's the very works gospel that is condemned in scripture. Righteousness is credited to a person "apart from works"-Romans 4:6. The Catholics can't see that truth, even though it's staring them right in the face in the pages of the Bible. That's what the Reformation was all about. A Catholic woke up one day and could see with spiritual eyes what the Bible was saying. To this day, the Catholics can not see it.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One step at a time

can we receive this new life new creation directly or from the apostles?

we did not receive the 1st life directly from God but it was imparted to Adan and he yo his posterity gen 2:7

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Salvation comes from God, Man is the vehicle that carries the Gospel. Any man of God knows they are nothing without the anointing of the Holy Ghost, and God does not need them to carry his message should they aggrandize themselves as the Papacy has done and the Catholic church.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation comes from God, Man is the vehicle that carries the Gospel. Any man of God knows they are nothing without the anointing of the Holy Ghost, and God does not need them to carry his message should they aggrandize themselves as the Papacy has done and the Catholic church.

we can deal with you’re side issues later
Please answer my concerns and stick to scripture please

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but not requirements that earn justification/salvation.

Faith has an expected and obligatory outcome. But the outcome does not make anyone righteous as just payment for the outcome achieved. That's the very works gospel that is condemned in scripture. Righteousness is credited to a person "apart from works"-Romans 4:6. The Catholics can't see that truth, even though it's staring them right in the face in the pages of the Bible. That's what the Reformation was all about. A Catholic woke up one day and could see with spiritual eyes what the Bible was saying. To this day, the Catholics can not see it.

right you cannot earn justification cos it is the new life new birth born again thru baptismal regeneration

we cannot receive this new life or new creation directly but from the apostles?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we can deal with you’re side issues later
Please answer my concerns and stick to scripture please

That was a a direct response to the scripture you posted.... you just do not see it. The Apostles were sent of God, But had they self aggrandized their ministry as does the Papacy and the Catholic church, the Gospel would have been presented by others. Instead the Apostles suffered martyrdom and persecution for the Word of God. The Popes and priests and even the protestant pastors are not suffering for the word of God, they are enriching themselves and building a worldly kingdom for themselves on the backs of the laity exalting themselves as a mediator between God and man. This is not the church built by the will of God, But rather the false church built by the will of man, AKA Nicolaitanism.

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. (Matthew 20:25-28)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was a a direct response to the scripture you posted.... you just do not see it. The Apostles were sent of God, But had they self aggrandized their ministry as does the Papacy and the Catholic church, the Gospel would have been presented by others. Instead the Apostles suffered martyrdom and persecution for the Word of God. The Popes and priests and even the protestant pastors are not suffering for the word of God, they are enriching themselves and building a worldly kingdom for themselves on the backs of the laity exalting themselves as a mediator between God and man. This is not the church built by the will of God, But rather the false church built by the will of man, AKA Nicolaitanism.

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. (Matthew 20:25-28)

aggrandize themselves as the Papacy is a side issue we can deal with later

Now how do we receive the new birth or new life in union with Christ in the new covenant ???

Status
Not open for further replies.