The problem with the Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Clearly, it is the RCC position that they are our only mediator to Christ. They have in effect, made themselves our only mediator to the divine co-equality with Christ.

It's all power driven; they seek power over others.
They've made their church their god. They have the attitude that God does only what their church says He does. The Bible says that we are to have no other gods before Him, not even a church that claims to represent God. Any god apart from the God of the Bible is a no-god; in other words, a non entity. Therefore, in God's view his church-god is nothing, a non entity.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how do you know it’s a different Philip?

not from the Bible alone!

only Jesus forgive sins?

not what the Bible says?
Bible ain’t enough for you?
Jn 20:21-23

I fully understand why you think it was the Apostle Phillip, but we believe it was this Phillip:
(Acts 6:2-6) . . .the Twelve called the multitude of the disciples together and said: “It is not right for us to leave the word of God to distribute food to tables. 3 So, brothers, select for yourselves seven reputable men from among you, full of spirit and wisdom, that we may appoint them over this necessary matter; 4 but we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” 5 What they said was pleasing to the whole multitude, and they selected Stephen, a man full of faith and holy spirit, as well as Philip, Prochʹo·rus, Ni·caʹnor, Tiʹmon, Parʹme·nas, and Nic·o·laʹus, a proselyte of Antioch. 6 They brought them to the apostles, and after praying, they laid their hands on them.

Of course we are subject to error in our understanding. You are absolutely correct about the Apostles being granted the privilege of forgiving sins, but of course there are no Apostles today.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and no one comes to the Father except by Him.

Yes that’s right but also the Bible says the church is the pillar and ground how can that be, the church has the same description as Christ?

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They've made their church their god. They have the attitude that God does only what their church says He does. The Bible says that we are to have no other gods before Him, not even a church that claims to represent God. Any god apart from the God of the Bible is a no-god; in other words, a non entity. Therefore, in God's view his church-god is nothing, a non entity.
YEP

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that’s right but also the Bible says the church is the pillar and ground how can that be, the church has the same description as Christ?

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
Jesus Christ is the corner stone and HE is the HEAD of the body - the church. Acts 22:7 "'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?’" Jesus is referring to HIS church.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not address this in the other thread @theefaith and I doubt you will here ...
Sola Scriptura, like all principles of how to live life, do not have to be proven because it is not evidence based. The principle of Sola Scriptura is a pure rejection of that heretical denomination known as the RCC. In short, Sola Scriptura is the principle that followers of Christ do not need "the church" that claims dominion over men under various pretexts.

1st where do you get authority to determine what is and what is not a heretical denomination?

2nd don’t need Christ really?
Don’t need the new covenant really?
Don’t need the body of Christ really?

no it is just an attack on Christ and his church and a declaration in union with Satan “i will not serve or obey or submit”!
I protest!
I am my own Pope!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am my own Pope!

Those who are submitted to Christ need no Pope, nor do they claim themselves to be Pope for they know there is only ONE mediator between God and man, The MAN Christ Jesus.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you say "church", to which denomination are you referring?

there are no denominations only the one true universal or Catholic Church founded by Christ on peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully understand why you think it was the Apostle Phillip, but we believe it was this Phillip:
(Acts 6:2-6) . . .the Twelve called the multitude of the disciples together and said: “It is not right for us to leave the word of God to distribute food to tables. 3 So, brothers, select for yourselves seven reputable men from among you, full of spirit and wisdom, that we may appoint them over this necessary matter; 4 but we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” 5 What they said was pleasing to the whole multitude, and they selected Stephen, a man full of faith and holy spirit, as well as Philip, Prochʹo·rus, Ni·caʹnor, Tiʹmon, Parʹme·nas, and Nic·o·laʹus, a proselyte of Antioch. 6 They brought them to the apostles, and after praying, they laid their hands on them.

Of course we are subject to error in our understanding. You are absolutely correct about the Apostles being granted the privilege of forgiving sins, but of course there are no Apostles today.

wrong wrong wrong

the apostles did the teaching the seven to distribute the goods

the apostles have authority as laying on of hands indicates

Bd we still have apostles
The successors of Peter and the apostles

Matt 29:19 behold I am with you (the apostles) until the end! Do the apostles must remain to the end
The nations still need to be taught the disciples baptized
No apostles no salvation
The great commission to the apostles is to the entire world and all ages so the apostles continue!

really it this

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 mph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is the corner stone and HE is the HEAD of the body - the church. Acts 22:7 "'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?’" Jesus is referring to HIS church.
That’s right it’s his church he founded but he ascended to heaven and no king administers his own kingdom but has a prime minister and lower ministers
Now who could this be???

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s right it’s his church he founded but he ascended to heaven and no king administers his own kingdom but has a prime minister and lower ministers
Now who could this be???
The Holy Spirit is and has been building the ekklesia. Some are teachers, some preachers, elders, bishops, deacons, etc, but all of the ekklesia are led by the same Holy Spirit.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are submitted to Christ need no Pope, nor do they claim themselves to be Pope for they know there is only ONE mediator between God and man, The MAN Christ Jesus.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

is that what Christ said?
Isa 22:1-22
matt 16:18
Lk 10:16
Jn 13:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Apostolic succession is a man-made device. One way to know the successors don’t have the authority as the 12 who walked with Christ is the absence of resurrecting the dead and healing the sick.

Apostolic succession

Acts 1

24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is and has been building the ekklesia. Some are teachers, some preachers, elders, bishops, deacons, etc, but all of the ekklesia are led by the same Holy Spirit.

no only Christ builds the church Matt 16:18 I (Jesus Christ) shall build my church!

not built by the HS but peter and the apostles are governed or lead by the spirit Jn 16:13 Jn 15:5

Status
Not open for further replies.