The Problem With The Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Not only that; but the exact wording of scripture in John 10:33 is...

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy: and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

So in their minds, He is not only claiming to be sent from God and one with God; He is claiming to be God.
thMCCHNMMW.jpg

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
a Lex will show you this, and scribes are the ones who made that into "God" as Gadar says, as many others have also pointed out
LOL
You think an "Italian Lex" is better or someone who speaks Italian??

I just don't know if he has the books in the original language.
He does read the O.T. in Hebrew and the N.T. in Greek.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You think an "Italian Lex" is better or someone who speaks Italian?
certainly, bc the Italian speaker can easily be mistaken in their definition (translation) of a term, even an Italian term, whereas a Lexicon is designed to clarify these differences in definitions. Iow i'm sure you can find "Holy Bible" on/in Italian Bibles too right, until you go into the Italian Lex and see that it is not in there in the Original. The Lex has no bias, the Italian speaker does

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No!
We were discussing the Early Church Fathers.
There's a collection of different volumes regarding their sayings.
Someone had said that they used the word GOD for Jesus but it was really Elohim, or theos and translated to GOD. (by mistake according to the poster).
ah ok sorry, the same thing is done in Scripture so i thot you guys were discussing the v

Reactions: GodsGrace

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not only that; but the exact wording of scripture in John 10:33 is...

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy: and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

So in their minds, He is not only claiming to be sent from God and one with God; He is claiming to be God.
The key words you said were, "So in their minds, ...". In their minds, they misunderstood Yeshua which is why Yeshua had to correct them. In his mind he was NOT claiming to be God, but the "Son of God" (John 10:36). The Jews were constantly trying to find fault with Yeshua even though there was no fault to be found.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the sake of others I respond:

In claiming to be the Son of God He was claiming to be the mighty God, Jehovah (Psalms 50:1) and the everlasting Father (Matthew 28:19)...see Isaiah 9:6.

Reactions: Helen

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
For the sake of others I respond:

In claiming to be the Son of God He was claiming to be the mighty God, Jehovah (Psalms 50:1) and the everlasting Father (Matthew 28:19)...see Isaiah 9:6.
Even a child can understand that when a person is someone's son, then they cannot be that someone. I am my father's son which means I cannot be my father. YHWH (who you erroneously call "Jehovah" as you follow the KJV error) is Yeshua's Father. What part of Psalms 2:7 do you not understand? You quote Matthew 28:19 and claim it teaches the Son is the everlasting Father even though the trinity doctrine clearly states the Son is NOT the Father.

Trinity shield.png

You love to read your own beliefs into many different texts. The sad thing is, there are those that actually "like" your posts even though they are filled with error.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even a child can understand that when a person is someone's son, then they cannot be that someone. I am my father's son which means I cannot be my father. YHWH (who you erroneously call "Jehovah" as you follow the KJV error) is Yeshua's Father. What part of Psalms 2:7 do you not understand? You quote Matthew 28:19 and claim it teaches the Son is the everlasting Father even though the trinity doctrine clearly states the Son is NOT the Father.

View attachment 4044

You love to read your own beliefs into many different texts. The sad thing is, there are those that actually "like" your posts even though they are filled with error.
"Even a child can understand that when a person is someone's son, then they cannot be that someone."
God is no mere "person". It is also a bit silly to see the word "cannot" when in used in reference to the Creator Of The Universe.
Just sayin.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"Even a child can understand that when a person is someone's son, then they cannot be that someone."
God is no mere "person". It is also a bit silly to see the word "cannot" when in used in reference to the Creator Of The Universe.
Just sayin.
If the Son can be his own Father, then we have been deceived by the very Scriptures that were meant to enlighten us. YHWH chose words like Son and Father so there would be absolutely no mistaking that they are two separate beings just like any other father and son.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Son can be his own Father, then we have been deceived by the very Scriptures that were meant to enlighten us. YHWH chose words like Son and Father so there would be absolutely no mistaking that they are two separate beings just like any other father and son.
"just like any other father and son." HE is not JUST LIKE any other father and son. And, nothing is impossible with Him.
I will admit that you have made me think on this a bit further than in the past. The only sure way to know, for me anyhow is, the peace that comes after prayer for clarity.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"just like any other father and son." HE is not JUST LIKE any other father and son. And, nothing is impossible with Him.
I will admit that you have made me think on this a bit further than in the past. The only sure way to know, for me anyhow is, the peace that comes after prayer for clarity.
I agree they are not like any other father and son, but when it comes to the meaning of those words in clarifying their relationship, they are. Think about it Nancy; why would the Father inspire those words to be used if the normal definition of those words does not apply to Him and His Son? Is Miriam really Yeshua's mother? Yes, but not if we change the definition of mother to mean "aunt".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What name shall the child that is born, the son that is given, be called in Isaiah 9:6?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree they are not like any other father and son, but when it comes to the meaning of those words in clarifying their relationship, they are. Think about it Nancy; why would the Father inspire those words to be used if the normal definition of those words does not apply to Him and His Son? Is Miriam really Yeshua's mother? Yes, but not if we change the definition of mother to mean "aunt".
Well, as I said...it is something to keep in prayer, my beliefs have changed over the years and I will not be ridged and un teachable. This one is a biggie though, and will not be moved if and unless I feel led to through prayer.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well, as I said...it is something to keep in prayer, my beliefs have changed over the years and I will not be ridged and un teachable. This one is a biggie though, and will not be moved if and unless I feel led to through prayer.
What if your prayers are being answered by showing you a different way to view Scripture?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, since this "different way" is being told to her before she prayed, it is very likely the devil seeking to show her "a different way" other than the truth.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if your prayers are being answered by showing you a different way to view Scripture?
I already see differing views...my prayer will be to have the truth revealed to me, and to have the courage and humility to settle on the decision I find peace in, regardless of which way it goes. There are also other doctrinal issues I have been looking at as well, such as hell, osas and others. My bottom line is to always want nothing BUT the truth and, He will lead as He will.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will pray for you Nancy. Keep Luke 16:10 in mind (concerning doctrine); and continue to pray that your understanding develops over time. What matters most is how we perceive things concerning doctrine at the end of our lives (but of course if we teach false doctrine in the interim, we will be held accountable, James 3:1, Galatians 1:6-9, and Jude 1:3-4).

Reactions: Nancy