The Problem With The Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And you're saying that the unadulterated message of God's word was lost in the translation?

That only Hebrew and Greek scholars can get the unadulterated message of God's word?
All translations are adulterated to a degree. Otherwise they would all agree with each other. The unadulterated message is found in the Hebrew and Greek texts. Therefore, Hebrew and Greek scholars are used to bring forth that message into other languages. Some get it right and some don't.

This means that the educated scribes and Pharisees (Greek and Hebrew scholars) have always had an advantage over the common people.

Nevertheless, it is the common people who received Jesus gladly; and the educated scribes and Pharisees rejected Him.
I am an educated common person who has received Yeshua gladly. He sent the Holy Spirit to live in me and teach me. I gladly follow its leading even though it leads me away from the popular misunderstandings and lies found in Christian teachings.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am an educated common person who has received Yeshua gladly.
If you have not received Jesus' testimony that He is God; and if you have not received Him as the Lord God: then you have not received Him at all.

But I know that you are set in your beliefs and very likely will not repent of the unbelief that will result in your dying in your sins.

I can only pray that the Lord opens your eyes to the truth; because I don't think any amount of argumentation is ever going to convince you of the truth. Your mind is made up.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All translations are adulterated to a degree.
I do believe strongly that the kjv is the unadulterated word of the Lord. I know that you will disagree; as you have already stated your disagreement with this truth.

Nevertheless I declare to you that my faith is in the fact that the kjv is inspired and inerrant.

And Hebrews 11:1 tells us that this faith is the evidence of something that you don't yet see.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I do believe strongly that the kjv is the unadulterated word of the Lord. I know that you will disagree; as you have already stated your disagreement with this truth.

Nevertheless I declare to you that my faith is in the fact that the kjv is inspired and inerrant.

And Hebrews 11:1 tells us that this faith is the evidence of something that you don't yet see.
The Almighty inspired His name to be written almost 7,000 times in the Hebrew text. The KJV translators failed to transliterate it every time except in four places. Instead, they substituted a man made title in its place (the LORD). The four times they made the attempt to transliterate it, they wrote "JEHOVAH" instead of "YHWH" or "Yahweh". Not only is there no letter "J" in Hebrew or a "J" sound, but by attempting to transliterate it four times shows the KJV is NOT inerrant. Had it been inerrant from their point of view, they would have used "JEHOVAH" almost 7,000 times instead of "the LORD". Either that or they would have used "the LORD" every time and never "JEHOVAH".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah God, if you think of Him as the Father, is biblically the Lord of heaven and earth (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21).

And therefore it is not a departure from the truth of holy scripture to transliterate the term YHWH as "the LORD".

Consider also that there is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6); and that no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 12:3).

In the days of the translation of the holy scriptures, there was also a certain paranoia when it came to pronouncing the tetragrammaton. So, in order to protect people, the translators of the kjv covered over the name by translating it as "the LORD".

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jehovah God, if you think of Him as the Father, is biblically the Lord of heaven and earth (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21).

And therefore it is not a departure from the truth of holy scripture to transliterate the term YHWH as "the LORD".

Consider also that there is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6); and that no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 12:3).

In the days of the translation of the holy scriptures, there was also a certain paranoia when it came to pronouncing the tetragrammaton. So, in order to protect people, the translators of the kjv covered over the name by translating it as "the LORD".

was it because jews were scared of saying the name God because they were scared of blaspheming?

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Willful ignorance

Willful disobedience.

Deu 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of YHWH your Elohim which I command you.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How could one regard it since it is not in Scripture. The trinity is not just three persons/one God, but all three are co-equal and co-eternal. Neither is in Scripture.
If you read the Bible it sticks out when you read it that this is the case, it's the Holy Spirit that confirming this as true and it's all throughout the Bible, I will read through a passage and then go back and their it is that's the Trinity staring you in the face, and such just blows you away. yes their it is confirmed with great joy that you found it.

If one is carnal nothing much will come about by reading your Bible and the Bible confirms this fact, so all the so called Christians who are on a mans works doctrine are lost as to the Holy Spirit as they are only much just like the Pharisees, lost as to God

Only people who are carnal can not work out the Trinity, I did not understand it once my self and I know that every Atheist rejects such a thing and it's no wonder that they can't get a handle on it, because they have not received the Holy Spirit as they are not born again.

Carnal religious men are into a mans works doctrine as they claim to bringing in the kingdom that their carnal works will bring about the ends that they claim will save the world and that's why we have a new age ratbag mob who rattle on about the 2ed coming as their main mantra and idolise so called Jews like the Talmud Whore as that's who dominates over such people. it's the we are bringing in the Kingdom lie, fact is that no one comes to he Father but through his only begotten Son. so for a fact it can't come from outside of Christ Jesus himself because any other is idolising and under the influence of the Anti-Christ.
What is an Anti-Christ well anyone who rejects Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour or puts anything in front of him higher in their lives.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If you read the Bible it sticks out when you read it that this is the case, it's the Holy Spirit that confirming this as true and it's all throughout the Bible, I will read through a passage and then go back and their it is that's the Trinity staring you in the face, and such just blows you away. yes their it is confirmed with great joy that you found it.

If one is carnal nothing much will come about by reading your Bible and the Bible confirms this fact, so all the so called Christians who are on a mans works doctrine are lost as to the Holy Spirit as they are only much just like the Pharisees, lost as to God

Only people who are carnal can not work out the Trinity, I did not understand it once my self and I know that every Atheist rejects such a thing and it's no wonder that they can't get a handle on it, because they have not received the Holy Spirit as they are not born again.

Carnal religious men are into a mans works doctrine as they claim to bringing in the kingdom that their carnal works will bring about the ends that they claim will save the world and that's why we have a new age ratbag mob who rattle on about the 2ed coming as their main mantra and idolise so called Jews like the Talmud Whore as that's who dominates over such people. it's the we are bringing in the Kingdom lie, fact is that no one comes to he Father but through his only begotten Son. so for a fact it can't come from outside of Christ Jesus himself because any other is idolising and under the influence of the Anti-Christ.
What is an Anti-Christ well anyone who rejects Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour or puts anything in front of him higher in their lives.
Typical trinitarian response to anyone who disagrees with the trinity doctrine. We are accused of not having the Holy Spirit and of being carnal. Actually, I can take your post and substitute the words "strict monotheism" in place of "the Trinity" and post it back to you, accusing you of being carnal and without the Spirit, but I would not do such a childish thing.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical trinitarian response to anyone who disagrees with the trinity doctrine. We are accused of not having the Holy Spirit and of being carnal. Actually, I can take your post and substitute the words "strict monotheism" in place of "the Trinity" and post it back to you, accusing you of being carnal and without the Spirit, but I would not do such a childish thing.
I am a strict monotheist who also believes in God's Triune nature.

As a matter of fact, I have been lambasted by Tritheists for my emphasis on the Oneness of the Lord.

Because to me, the Trinity is simple once you know what it is. It may take years of studying your Bible with the concept on the backburner of your thinking before you might really be able to see it for what it is; but once you do, the concept is really quite easy to understand.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good point but the fact is that it's the Holy Spirit that confirms the fact and not the carnal man or atheist can surly can not see it and that's for sure.
I am not trying to argue with anyone but this fact remains and I am sure some to have some spiritual understandings for sure, I am not rejecting that.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I am a strict monotheist who also believes in God's Triune nature.

As a matter of fact, I have been lambasted by Tritheists for my emphasis on the Oneness of the Lord.

Because to me, the Trinity is simple once you know what it is. It may take years of studying your Bible with the concept on the backburner of your thinking before you might really be able to see it for what it is; but once you do, the concept is really quite easy to understand.
It sounds to me like you are promoting the oneness doctrine out of one side of your mouth and the trinity doctrine out of the other side. Are you a trinitarian or oneness proponent?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds to me like you are promoting the oneness doctrine out of one side of your mouth and the trinity doctrine out of the other side. Are you a trinitarian or oneness proponent?
I am a Trinitarian who teaches the Trinity with an emphasis on the Oneness of the Lord.

I have been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; but I know my Bible too well than to reject the distinction between the members of the Trinity as a doctrine.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I am a Trinitarian who teaches the Trinity with an emphasis on the Oneness of the Lord.

I have been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; but I know my Bible too well than to reject the distinction between the members of the Trinity as a doctrine.
Here is an excerpt from a another website. Is this describing your belief?

Modalism or Sabellianism is the position that God is one person who has taken on three different forms or personas in order to relate to us in different ways at different times. Some very prominent preachers such as T.D. Jakes hold this view, as do people who are Oneness Pentecostal or Oneness Baptist. (T.D. Jakes is part of the Oneness Pentecostal movement, coming from a United Pentecostal background.)​

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I needed to go no further than reading the following on your OP at that link;

The Father did not vacate eternity when He descended to become the Son
Anyone who holds such a doctrine is not only sadly deceived, but makes a mockery out of Scripture and calls the Father a liar. My Heavenly Father did not lie to me when He says He sent His Son rather than Himself. Nor did my immortal Father die or pray to Himself, or worship Himself as His God.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Anyone who holds such a doctrine is not only sadly deceived, but makes a mockery out of Scripture and calls the Father a liar. My Heavenly Father did not lie to me when He says He sent His Son rather than Himself. Nor did my immortal Father die or pray to Himself, or worship Himself as His God.
Spoken like Pharisee.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Son shall have the name of the everlasting Father, Isaiah 9:6. This is because He is the everlasting Father.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you would have read further, you would have seen the intricacies of how Jesus is not praying to Himself when he prays to the Father, although He is the everlasting Father.