The Problems of Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But if you keep reading the context this shows that Peter is not solely concerned with their conversation only, but their conduct in general.

Its the same with JAMES, when He is talking to believers who are existing in dead faith.

He says..>"i will show YOU my FAITH, by my Works".

He does not say "i will show GOD my faith", as God sees the HEART.

But for the sake of people who are watching you, .... James teaches that for THEIR SAKE, we present works.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Bible warns you to…. Be not deceived:

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived:

Look in the mirror.

As only a deceived person tries to teach that "the unrighteous", are people who are sinning.

GOD says, that the unrighteous, is everyone...... as "all have sinned".

"ALL" means you, me, ALL of us.
Understand yet?

So the correct teaching on Righteousness, that GOD ACCEPTS.....is to teach that GOD's RIGHTEOUSNESS is given as a gift, to all who BELIEVE in JESUS.
They receive the "gift of Righteousness", or they have NONE and that means you.

So, when you try to teach that your silly self effort is "righteousness', you are literally denying God's Righteousness by replacing it with your useless works and self effort theology.

"be not deceived".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No. You do not fully understand God’s righteousness.

God's Righteousness is Christ on the Cross.
God's Righteousness is GOD's.... that is why its called : GOD's Righteousness
And to have that, is to be born again, having become "the righteousness of GOD, in Christ".
God gives it to the believer as "the GIFT of Righteousness".

your works of obedience need not apply.
water baptism need not apply
SELF EFFORT need not apply.

Reactions: Helen

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your entire theology regarding going to heaven is just the same typical legalism of "self effort",

Nope. It’s not self effort to obey God’s instructions in His Word (after being saved by God’s grace). We are also told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling which is in context to obedience (See: Philippians 2:12).

In fact, here is a list of…

Works For Salvation Verses (After We are Saved By God’s Grace):

1. “Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.” (James 2:24).

2. “Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.” (James 2:17).

3. 10 “For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.” (Titus 1:10, and Titus 1:16).

4. “And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.” (Luke 10:25-28).

5. “And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.” (John 5:29).

6. “For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.” (Romans 11:21-22).

7. “Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee ? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee ? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.” (Matthew 25:34-46).

8. “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:10).

9. “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” (Matthew 7:24-27).

10. “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.” (John 15:5-6).

11. “And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.” (1 Peter 4:18-19).

12. “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” (Hebrews 12:14).

13. “And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” (Matthew 3:10).

14. “He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4).

15. “If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing,…” (1 Timothy 6:3-4).

You said:
that is always taught by people who do not understand the Blood Atonement or the Grace of God.

Nope. God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12). Your version of grace does not teach that but it teaches you can sin and still be saved (Which is a violation of Jude 1:4 in that you teach God’s grace is a license for immorality). Oh, and in reality, you are the one who really ignores the full truth on the blood atonement in 1 John 1:7 (cf. 1 John 2:9-11).

Reactions: Wynona

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look in the mirror.

As only a deceived person tries to teach that "the unrighteous", are people who are sinning.

GOD says, that the unrighteous, is everyone...... as "all have sinned".

"ALL" means you, me, ALL of us.
Understand yet?

So the correct teaching on Righteousness, that GOD ACCEPTS.....is to teach that GOD's RIGHTEOUSNESS is given as a gift, to all who BELIEVE in JESUS.
They receive the "gift of Righteousness", or they have NONE and that means you.

So, when you try to teach that your silly self effort is "righteousness', you are literally denying God's Righteousness by replacing it with your useless works and self effort theology.

"be not deceived".

Nope. 1 Peter 4:1-2 says, “Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.”

Galatians 5:24 says,
“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.”

2 Corinthians 7:1 says,
“Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.”

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
N

Works For Salvation Verses (After We are Saved By God’s Grace):

"works for Salvation" is to deny the Cross of Christ.

You dont work for Salvation. "Lest any man should boast", and God knows you are the one doing it here, with endless..>"here is how i work to be saved".

You are a Legalist to the core of of your theology.
The only way you will give Christ Credit for the Salvation that He has accomplished, is if i point out that you never do it.
Then, you will.
Of course.
But till then, its rant after legalism rant post after post,.... twisting verses to try to prove self righteousness is your Salvation.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Righteousness is Christ on the Cross.
God's Righteousness is GOD's.... that is why its called : GOD's Righteousness
And to have that, is to be born again, having become "the righteousness of GOD, in Christ".
God gives it to the believer as "the GIFT of Righteousness".

your works of obedience need not apply.
water baptism need not apply
SELF EFFORT need not apply.

And so you continue to quote your own words here to build your belief and not the Bible.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nope. 1 Peter 4:1-2 says, “Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind:”

Arming your "Mind" has nothing to do with God saving you through the Blood and Death of Jesus.
Surely you will figure this out before the day ends ?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And so you continue to quote your own words here to build your belief and not the Bible.

I quote Paul.

"The righteousness of God in Christ"..... "made Righteous". "faith is counted as righteousness" "justified by faith".. ."heir of God". "joint heir of Christ"... "as Jesus Is so are the born again in this world"... "seated in heavenly places"... "not by works of righteousness but according to God's mercy He saved us".. ."the one time eternal sacrifice for ALL sin".

Thats Paul.
Only Paul except for one verse i posted by John

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"works for Salvation" is to deny the Cross of Christ.

You dont work for Salvation. "Lest any man should boast", and God knows you are the one doing it here, with endless..>"here is how i work to be saved".

You are a Legalist to the core of of your theology.
The only way you will give Christ Credit for the Salvation that He has accomplished, is if i point out that you never do it.
Then, you will.
Of course.
But till then, its rant after legalism rant post after post,.... twisting verses to try to prove self righteousness is your Salvation.

And your a Sin and Still Be Saved Salvationist. I would rather be labeled as a Works Salvationist than a Sin and Still Be Saved Salvationist. But I am not technically a Works Salvationist because I don’t believe we are saved solely by Works ALONE Salvationism. I believe Christians are first saved by God’s grace and they are saved foundationally by His grace. For if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins (1 John 1:9). To receive forgiveness of sins is dealing with salvation. But we as Christians have to live holy, because without holiness, no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Galatians 5:24 says,
“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.”

"The old man is crucified with Christ". "reckon your old man (yourself) dead".

Most believers are instead watching Cable and wondering what they want to buy next from the internet.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arming your "Mind" has nothing to do with God saving you through the Blood and Death of Jesus.
Surely you will figure this out before the day ends ?

No. I quoted this passage because you don’t seem to agree that believers can overcome sin in this life (According to the Bible).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And your a Sin and Still Be Saved Salvationist. .

Thats a (another) very incoherent phrase you created.
Its gibberish.

I think what you are trying to say is that the Born again are kept saved by God who saved them through the Cross of Christ.

Here is the verse you need to use.. Philippians 1:6

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The old man is crucified with Christ". "reckon your old man (yourself) dead".

Most believers are instead watching Cable and wondering what they want to buy next from the internet.

You quote Romans 6:6, but you don’t understand it.

Romans 6:22 says,
“But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.”

Also, Romans 6:6 does not undo what Galatians 5:24 says. Galatians 5:24 talks about how they that are Christ’s have crucified the affections and lusts. You don’t believe that.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
you don’t seem to agree that believers can overcome sin in this life (

What is the end result of your Salvation supposed to exist as....= what is it supposed to look like, to become.....while you are on the earth?

Saint, God saved you, out of Mercy. Out of His great love for you, God became one of us to offer "the Gift of Salvation" to all of us.
If you are born again, its because of God's great mercy that He has extended to you, as the Blood of Jesus and Death of Christ..
We didnt deserve it, and we didn't earn it, and you can't keep it of yourself as Salvation is all of God, through Christ's redemptive Blood that is = charged to you, imputed to you, given to you as a GIFT. = "The GIFT of Salvation".
Philippians 1:6
God did not give you His Grace, so that you can now get on some self righteous mental Track and run around it like a worried pony, hoping you can stay in the race and barely make it into heaven.
So, if that is how you believe, the i have good news for you.
You are ALREADY in Heaven, "in Christ" and you are simply waiting for the day you arrive when you get your new body.
That's the reality for all the born again, as all the born again are "seated in heavenly places, in Christ".

Now...Here are 2 things you must BELIEVE about God's Gift of Mercy, "the Gift of Salvation"

1. You can't lose it.
2. It has nothing to do with you earning it or keeping it.

So what does this mean?
It means that despite you, God saved you anyway, and despite your behavior after you are saved, God's Mercy for you still endures forever. And that is because God's Blood is always greater than your Sin. And why? Because Jesus became your sin, 2000 ago. "It is Finished".

"Where sin abounds, GRACE more abounds".
Saint, i have an update for you....... Its this..... The day God saved you He already knew about every carnal deed, every wrong thought, every SIN you would commit after He saved you, and GOD saved you anyway...
So the next time you are investing yourself into some carnal deed, just remember that God, on the day you were saved......knew you would do it....and He saved you anyway.
Its important that you realize this.....

Paraphrase : No matter how awful you were before God saved you, God saved you anyway. And no matter how often you fall after you are saved, you are still born and and will go to heaven.
Take comfort in that Truth. As that is the Mercy of God, that saves you and keeps you saved.
Saint, God did not save you because you are good enough....He saved you because Jesus's shed BLOOD made it eternally possible for you to be accepted by God, and kept by God.
Thats the bottom line..

Welcome to Salvation.

--------------------------------------------------------

Now having said all that......lets us now dig deeper..
You are become a disciple of Christ if you are born again, and you should understand that the goal of working out your salvation, does have a completed place.
Not many born again even get close to it, but, you are suppose to end up somewhere, spiritually speaking....on this earth.
You are supposed to ARRIVE somewhere....while you are alive....after you are born again that is THE place of full spiritual development.

Paul calls this..>"as many as Be perfect".

Now, what is going to stunt your spiritual growth?
What is going to hinder it, drag it down, and stop it if possible.?
That would be the Devil and His gospel and you believing it.
Saint....Satan's Gospel, is mainly designed and delivered = to get your self righteousness developed instead of your Christ-likeness.
So, what he wants you to do is BELIEVE you have to continue to work for your salvation, and strive to be at peace with God, by sinning and confessing and keeping commandments and doing doing doing doing works.
If that is what you are doing, then you have been blinded and are now a slave to a Satanic Gospel of Works.

Listen....I could literally take 100,000 believers, world wide, from any denomination, and ask them if they are sinning and confessing, and then ask them why.
And their answer will be...>"well, i was told that i would sin, and then i would need to confess, so, ive been doing what i was told all my Christian LIFE", as this is what im supposed to be doing.....ISNT IT ?????

And who told you that?
The Devil's minister.
See...."The Devil comes as an angel of Light and his MINISTERS = as ministers of RIGHTEOUSNESS".
In other words they are FAKES. Counterfeits. CON Jobs.
And so, sinning and confessing Saints per 100,000 worldwide are found doing what the Devil told them to do that he said......"all christians do it".
Most Christians believe they are supposed to be sinning and confessing.
However, that is not what Paul Teaches, and certainly the Blood of Jesus has all power to keep YOU from living the same sinning LIFESTYLE as an unbeliever, with the only difference being the unbeliever does not feel guilty and confess....as the only difference between the 2 groups.

So, Saint, can you see that something is wrong with the Sinning and Confessing deceit gospel?
Listen, if you are living that lie, that lifestyle, then how can you ever make it to the end result stage of Real Christianity?
A.) You can't and you never will.

Now, lets solve this blindness, lets get you out of a mental stronghold and onto the main course toward you becoming what you are born again to become on this EARTH.

Q.) What is the end result of your earthly Christianity supposed to be?

1.A) You are to BECOME "The Fullness of the Stature of Christ".... on Earth. "As many as be PERFECTED".

And how does Paul explain this ?
He says...."as many as be PERFECT"...
Notice...he says....as BE.....Perfect......not becoming, or striving to be, or on the way, or, nearly there.
He is showing you that you can, on this earth, become PERFECT, regarding your Christianity, which manifests as perfected discipleship.

So, here is the thing... Spiritual Perfection, is not about dealing with Temptation or trying to imitate Christ.
See, Jesus was tempted just like you, but without sin.
In His case, there was no redeemer and there was no eternal payment for His Sin, had he ever committed one, which He did not.
But in our case, we have eternal purging of ALL sin, through Christ's CROSS... and we have an eternal advocate in Heaven who is our redeemer who Himself on the Cross became our sin.
Christ has resolved the judgment due us, by receiving the full "CUP" of God's wrath poured out on HIM, so that we will never be judged in eternity for them,= because Christ has ALREADY been judged on EARTH for them ALL.
ALL.
ALL.
ALL.
So, for each of us who is born again,= the "sin" issue was resolved on the Cross 2000 yrs ago....> as evidenced by the Risen Christ who is now INSIDE YOU.
Make sure you see this, clearly.
And make certain you understand that God is literally found where no sin is found, and that is in 2 places.
1. Heaven
2. Inside your Born Again Spirit

So, what is the Perfected place that is the end result of what is expected of us down here?

A.) Right Understanding of Who you have become as a New Creation in Christ.

We are all to have the SAME MIND, all operating together in the Mind of Christ, in total unity, = PERFECTED in our FAITH.
We are all to reach this position, and when we are found sinning and confessing as our belief system, then real discipleship has not even started yet.

Saint, sinning and confessing does not do anything for you, except that it helps with your guilt trip.
Confessing your sin, does not cause Jesus to go back to the Cross and bleed all over again......now does it?
Confessing your sin does not cause to to be re-born again, now does it.?
No.
God as Christ on the Cross died ONCE, and His Blood & Death is the only redemption that was given to humanity long before you showed up and believed in Jesus, and had this Blood Atonement applied to all your sin by God.

Now finally....
What is the Mind of a person who is walking in the Light, in the mind of Christ, which is to have your salvation worked out, = which finds your spiritual life governed by the knowledge of the Truth.?
See, its in this place, that you will operate Spiritually, as the "fullness of the Stature of Christ".

Here is what Paul says. "when we WALK IN THE SPIRIT (the right mind) (the mind of Christ) then we will not fulfill works of the flesh".
Saint, to fulfill the works of the Flesh, is to be owned and operated by your carnal desires, having no ability to stop, which leads you to confessing and repenting as a totally ruined discipleship.
Is that you?

See, its not by striving to stop sinning that you stop.....This only activates your sin consciousness,...= sin becomes more alive, more lustful.. and completely impossible to resist.
So, to stop, .....to have control over your own carnality,.... is not to resist it, but its to put it away, as DEAD.....and to do that, you have to live in the place of peace with God, where you have stopped trying to PERFORM to be accepted, and have fully and completely rested in the "finished work of Jesus" within your UNDERSTANDING = as WHY God took you and WHY God Keeps you, forever.
When you FULLY ARRIVE THERE, in your BELIEF SYSTEM, then your FAITH is now developed, and you are come into the place where perfected discipleship exits.
You are here : Hebrews 13:9

When you get there, you are now living in the Light of the Knowledge of the Truth, and you have discovered the most important KEY towards becoming perfected,within your Discipleship.
Saint...
Christian Discipleship, perfected, starts and stands with exiting in the renewed mind that is the understanding of who you have become, as a new creation, as you literally exist Spiritually AS "the righteousness of God in Christ"..

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats a (another) very incoherent phrase you created.
Its gibberish.

I think what you are trying to say is that the Born again are kept saved by God who saved them through the Cross of Christ.

Here is the verse you need to use.. Philippians 1:6

Philippians 1:6 is not possible for the believer who thinks they can sin and still be saved. No good work can be begun if one justifies darkness and sin to begin with. John 3:20 says, “For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.”

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Philippians 1:6 is not possible for the believer who thinks”

Having Salvation is not based on how you think today.
Its based on Giving God your FAITH, that He accepts to then justify you, and give you the new birth.

Salvation is Completed by Christ, 2000 yrs ago, and applied to you, once you believe in Jesus.

"Faith is counted as righteousness... Justified BY faith". not by works.

How you think today, has no relevance on being born again, as this is God's application of a spiritual birth.

Reactions: Helen

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now...Here are 2 things you must BELIEVE about God's Gift of Mercy, "the Gift of Salvation"

1. You can't lose it.

Here is a General List of Verses on How Believers Can Fall Away:

Now, do not misunderstand me, believers cannot lose their salvation (like they would a pair of car keys), but they can forfeit their salvation (i.e. they can willingly throw it away by rebelling against God). In fact,

Here is a list of believers who have forfeited their salvation:

Saul (1 Samuel 16:14) (1 Samuel 31:4)
Demas (2 Timothy 4:10)
The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32)
Judas Iscariot (Psalm 41:9) (Luke 6:16) (Acts 1:25)
Hymenaeus and Philetus (2 Timothy 2:17-18)
Unnamed Christians destroyed by false teaching (2 Timothy 2:17-18)
Many Unnamed Disciples (John 6:66)
Some Younger Christian Widows (1 Timothy 5:14-15)
Some Christians Eager For Money (1 Timothy 6:8-10)
Ananias and Sapphira (Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11)

And here is a list of potential fallen believers:

The Servant Who is Not Looking For Him (Luke 12:45-46)
Recent Convert Who is a Potential Spiritual Leader (1 Timothy 3:6)
The Unforgiving in Heart (Matthew 6:14-15)
Luke Warm Unrepentant Believer (Revelation 3:14-22)
Fruitless Christians (John 15:1-10) (Matthew 25:14-30)
Widows That Live in Pleasure (1 Timothy 5:5-6)
Believers Whose Seed Fell Upon the Rocks (Luke 8:13)
Believers Whose Seed Was Choked by Thorns (Matthew 13:22)
Gentile Believer Who Did Not Have on a Wedding Garment (Matthew 22:1-14) (Revelation 19:7-8)
The Potential Fellow Believer Who Erred From the Truth & Was Converted Back (James 5:19-20)

In fact, Paul is against Eternal Security or a sin and still be saved type belief. For Paul says,

1. We can fall from grace (Galatians 5:4).

2. We can be moved away from the hope (Colossians 1:23).

3. We can be a castaway (1 Corinthians 9:27).

4. We can be cut off just like the Jews if we do not continue in God’s goodness (Romans 11:20-22).

5. We can sow to the flesh and reap corruption instead of sowing to the Spirit which reaps everlasting life. (Galatians 6:8).

6. We can deny God by a lack of good works (Titus 1:16).

7. We can shipwreck our faith (1 Timothy 1:19).

8. We can deny the faith and be worse than an infidel if we do not provide for our own household (1 Timothy 5:8).

9. We can err from the faith and pierce ourselves thru with many sorrows if we love and covet after money (1 Timothy 6:10).

10. Hymnenaeus and Philetus have overthrown the faith of some (2 Timothy 2:18).

These things would not exist in Scripture if things are as you say.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having Salvation is not based on how you think today.
Its based on Giving God your FAITH, that He accepts to then justify you, and give you the new birth.

Salvation is Completed by Christ, 2000 yrs ago, and applied to you, once you believe in Jesus.

"Faith is counted as righteousness... Justified BY faith". not by works.

How you think today, has no relevance on being born again, as this is God's application of a spiritual birth.

Again, you speak primarily your own thoughts here and not Scripture. Ephesians 2:8-9 is in context to first being saved by God’s grace when they first accepted Jesus as their Savior. The context shows this. For believers have been quickened (Ephesians 2:1) which happens when they first receive the Lord into their life. We are saved by grace like a gift (Ephesians 2:8). Gifts are generally received only one time and they are not given over and over again each year. So this is talking about how when a believer is first saved.