The Problems of Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is why James says,

“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12).

James talking about a Crown of Life is not related to Salvation.
How do you know? Because Salvation is not EARNED by "trial".
Its given by God, as "the GIFT of Salvation".
You dont "earn" a Gift....You receive it.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Light" is not love.
"walking in the Light" is not loving your fellow brethren.

"Light" is Christ who is the Light of the World

"Light" is revelation... and to walk in Christ by revelation, is to walk in the Light.
To exist in the knowledge of what it means to be "in Christ", .... having become "the righteousness of God in Christ"....is to walk IN THE Light.

Behold (Look), 1 John 2:9-11 says:

9 “He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.”

In verse 10: It says that “He” (the person) who loves his brother abides in the light.
This is contrasted with verse 11 that says that “he” who hates his brother is in darkness and WALKS in darkness.
So logic dictates that if one hates his brother and WALKS in darkness vs. the person who loves his brother abides in the light that this person who abides in the light is WALKING in the light (Seeing it is contrasted with hating your brother = Walking in darkness).

This is why 1 John 4:7 says, “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.”
To know God and or Jesus Christ is eternal life. For John 17:3 says:

“And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” (John 17:3).

This is why 1 John 3:10 says: “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.”

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Behold (Look),
10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

Look at your verse.

Abideth in THE Light.

"the Light" is not the behavior, its the place of revelation that produces the fruit of Love.

You are trying to teach that the fruit that is being produced by the LIGHT, is the Light.
Its not.

JESUS is the LIGHT.
Being IN CHRIST is to be IN THE LIGHT who IS CHRIST.
To walk there.....is different then existing there... as all the born again exist there, but to WALK THERE, is by revelation knowledge...Its by the understanding of what it means to become a new creation, and exist as "the righteousness of God in Christ".
This is not a product of self effort. This is an end result of revelation knowledge, gained.

Walking in the Spirit is not done with your FEET, fella.
Its done with revelation that is perfected FAITH.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James talking about a Crown of Life is not related to Salvation.
How do you know? Because Salvation is not EARNED by "trial".
Its given by God, as "the GIFT of Salvation".
You dont "earn" a Gift....You receive it.

One truth in Scripture does not undo another truth in Scripture. They both are true. God’s grace through faith without works is how we first get saved (Which is compared to like that of the receiving of a gift because you receive gifts one time). But that does not undo the words of James in James 1:12. The crown of life is obviously referring to spiritual life or life everlasting. This is the case because if you keep reading James he says in James 1:21-22, “Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” In other words, James is saying that if you do not lay apart (set aside) filthiness (like sin), and receive the engrafted Word (New Testament Scripture in obeying the Lord Jesus), which is able to save our souls. The saving our souls relates to eternal life (salvation). This is why we are to be doers of the Word and not listeners only deceiving our own selves.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at your verse.

Abideth in THE Light.

"the Light" is not the behavior, its the place of revelation that produces the fruit of Love.

You are trying to teach that the fruit that is being produced by the LIGHT, is the Light.
Its not.

JESUS is the LIGHT.
Being IN CHRIST is to be IN THE LIGHT who IS CHRIST.
To walk there.....is different then existing there... as all the born again exist there, but to WALK THERE, is by revelation knowledge...Its by the understanding of what it means to become a new creation, and exist as "the righteousness of God in Christ".
This is not a product of self effort. This is an end result of revelation knowledge, gained.

No. It is talking about behavior because abiding in the light is contrasted with hating your brother (Which is to walk in darkness) in 1 John 2:9-11. This truth again is confirmed in 1 John 3:10, and 1 John 4:7 (as I already showed you but you ignored these verses). In addition, if you hate your brother you are like a murderer and no murderer has eternal life abiding in them (1 John 3:15). According to some flavors of OSAS, a murderer (present tense) can have eternal life. This is why you fight against verses like 1 John 1:7 and 1 John 2:9-11. For you: To love your neighbor is not a part of eternal life. But Jesus even agrees with the lawyer that to love God and to love your neighbor is to inherit eternal life in Luke 10:25-28. Obviously if one loves their neighbor, they are loving their brother. So again. The Bible refutes you at every turn, friend. You just don’t like what the Bible says. Therefore, you seek to change it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No. It is talking about behavior

James is not talking about going to heaven, and that is your confusion.
As going to heaven, is not based on anything you do other then giving God your Faith in Christ.
God does not accept your BEHAVIOR to receive you as a son, because you have already SINNED,
Understand?
So, God has provided a sinless CHRIST as the atonement that HE Accepts to accept you.
This is why Jesus told YOU that He is THE WAY to the Father. John 14:6
There is no other..

Listen..

God saved you, out of Mercy. Out of His great love for you, God became one of us to offer "the Gift of Salvation" to all of us.
If you are born again, its because of God's great mercy that He has extended to you, as the Blood of Jesus and Death of Christ..
We didnt deserve it, and we didn't earn it, and you can't keep it of yourself as Salvation is all of God, through Christ's redemptive Blood that is = charged to you, imputed to you, given to you as a GIFT. = "The GIFT of Salvation".
Philippians 1:6
God did not give you His Grace, so that you can now get on some self righteous mental Track and run around it like a worried pony, hoping you can stay in the race and barely make it into heaven.
So, as that is obviously how you believe, based on your posts... the i have good news for you.
The born again are ALREADY in Heaven, "in Christ" and we are simply waiting for the day we arrive when we get THE new body.
That's the reality for all the born again, as all the born again are "seated in heavenly places, in Christ", right now.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont use those Translations.

I do realize Modern Translations are corrupted and are influenced from the Vatican/Protestant union. But I am Core KJB, and not KJB Only. This means that while I believe the King James Bible is the perfect Word of God, and it is my core foundation (as my guide for all matters of faith and doing the work of faith), I am not trapped to using the KJB only or alone. I look at Modern Translations as a way to help understand what the KJB is saying at times and nothing more. If the Modern Translation diverts from the KJB, I side with the KJB. In fact, while Modern Translations are corrupt and many Christians do not believe God preserved His words, it is just as equally problematic to read the KJB with our Modern English understanding when it was written at times with many archaic words. For example:

1 Peter 1:15-16 says:

15 “But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:15-16) (KJB).

The word conversation means behavior, conduct, manner of life.

full

Source:
Defined King James Bible
(By Publisher: BibleforToday.org)
(Note: The creator (D.A. Waite) of this Defined KJB Bible is Baptist or Protestant and he believes Modern Bibles are corrupt).
(Note: While I agree with D.A. Waite that Modern bibles are corrupt, I do not agree that we cannot use them as long as we make the KJB our final Word of authority).

full

Source:
King James Bible Dictionary - Reference List - Conversation

I believe God preserved His words in the KJB. I believe the archaic words in the KJB are there on purpose by God. They are offensive to many. People think clarity of information is the same thing as correctness of information. However, Jesus spoke in parables many times. Anyways, it is not wrong to quote from Modern Bibles as long as they align with the KJB (IMHO). I am not endorsing that Modern Bibles are perfect. I merely quote them when it aligns with the KJB. For like I said, a Modern Bible has a more clear reading on 1 Peter 1:15 than the KJB. So I quote them for clarity on a verse (Seeing the KJB does use archaic words that many people do not understand or get).

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Light" is not love.
"walking in the Light" is not loving your fellow brethren.

"Light" is Christ who is the Light of the World

"Light" is revelation... and to walk in Christ by revelation, is to walk in the Light.
To exist in the knowledge of what it means to be "in Christ", .... having become "the righteousness of God in Christ"....is to walk IN THE Light.
Believers are not in darkness, but are in the light.

Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Ephesians 5:8 - for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James is not talking about going to heaven, and that is your confusion.
As going to heaven, is not based on anything you do other then giving God your Faith in Christ.
God does not accept your BEHAVIOR to receive you as a son, because you have already SINNED,
Understand?
So, God has provided a sinless CHRIST as the atonement that HE Accepts to accept you.
This is why Jesus told YOU that He is THE WAY to the Father. John 14:6
There is no other..

Listen..

God saved you, out of Mercy. Out of His great love for you, God became one of us to offer "the Gift of Salvation" to all of us.
If you are born again, its because of God's great mercy that He has extended to you, as the Blood of Jesus and Death of Christ..
We didnt deserve it, and we didn't earn it, and you can't keep it of yourself as Salvation is all of God, through Christ's redemptive Blood that is = charged to you, imputed to you, given to you as a GIFT. = "The GIFT of Salvation".
Philippians 1:6
God did not give you His Grace, so that you can now get on some self righteous mental Track and run around it like a worried pony, hoping you can stay in the race and barely make it into heaven.
So, as that is obviously how you believe, based on your posts... the i have good news for you.
The born again are ALREADY in Heaven, "in Christ" and we are simply waiting for the day we arrive when we get THE new body.
That's the reality for all the born again, as all the born again are "seated in heavenly places, in Christ", right now.

No. What you say is not true. 1 John 2:29 says If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
1 John 4:7 says, “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.”

So you have to do righteousness which = being born of God.
And you have to love one another which = being born of God.
Granted, we are born again when we first are saved by God’s grace.
But the fruit or result of being born of God is doing righteousness and loving one another.

In fact, sons are a part of the family, right?
Jesus said His family (mother, brother, etcetera).

For Jesus says: “For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.” (Matthew 12:50).
The will of the Father (GOD) is explained to us in 1 Thessalonians 4:3 in that God’s will (the Father) is our sanctification (and this is in relation to abstaining from fornication, i.e. our holy conduct).

Gifts are free and they are received. But like most gifts in life, they come with responsibilities in keeping them.

Let me give you an example:

If Rick received a car as a free gift from his dad, does that mean he can run red lights, drive drunk, and hit pedestrians? No. If he were to do that, he would not have his gift for very long. Now, was his car any less a free gift because he had to do works of responsibility in possessing his free gift? No. Did Rick have to work at a job and get a loan to buy this car? No. It was a free gift from his dad.

Here is another example:

If Billy-Bob prayed for a wife for many years and he eventually receive a wife from the Lord and consider her as a gift, then that does not mean Billy-Bob can cheat on her and or not love her and expect for her to stay with him. It is the same with God. Disloyalty to GOD means we do not really love GOD and we just love ourselves more than Him. GOD calls us to obedience to His Word. This was the problem that goes all the way back to the Garden of Eden. But men today want to say that we can break God's commands and they will not die. This was the same lie that the enemy was trying to sell Eve on. The serpent told her that she would not die if she ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Which was a violation of God's command).

Anyways, in conclusion: We know that working like at a job (trading dollars for hours) is not the same as doing "Works of responsibility in owning a free gift." Paul is not talking about responsibility in possessing Jesus Christ (Who is our gift). Paul is talking about trying to earn your salvation by a system of "Works Salvationism Alone" that did not include God's grace at all. But men today confuse the issue to justify sin under God’s grace (Which is what Jude 1:4 warns against).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Ephesians 5:8 - for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light.

Believers believe ALL of the words of Jesus by obeying Him and they don’t justify sin under God’s grace even a little (Which is what Free Gracers do). They are not really believing in Jesus because they disregard many of His own words (Thus not really believing Him). In fact, many disciples stopped following Jesus because they did not accept one of His sayings. Today, many just follow another Jesus in exchange for the truth of how Jesus is really revealed in Scripture.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I merely quote them when it aligns with the KJB. For like I said, a Modern Bible has a more clear reading on 1 Peter 1:15 than the KJB.

That is your opinion.

But if we look at the KJV verse... """“But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation"""

You will recall that its not what goes in a person but what comes out of their mouth is the Defilement........as the KJV verse states.

Also, "you will be judged by every idle word".......as that verse in 1 Peter confirms... So, the KJV is 100% once again.

And one more for you, comparing scripture with scripture..... KJV ...= "Matthew 12:34, 'Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.":

So the KJV verse is the correct translation of "conversation" as its related to the holiness of the HEART in a person that is shown by their MOUTH......their "conversation".

Paraphrase? If your heart is dirty, then your conversation will not be holy. so says the KJV version, in 1 Peter 1:15.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No. What you says is not true. 1 John 2:29 says If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

You do not understand God's Righteousness.
If you did, then you would never be found on a public forum even suggesting that a person can perform "righteousness", as a work, that is equal to the Righteousness that God requires of you, that He has to provide for you, as "the gift of Righteousness"

You have no righteousness of Yourself, and you wont be performing any today, or forever., and all Legalists think they have this capacity.

Let me show you a fact.
If you had any righteousness, then God would not have had to die as Christ on the Cross to provide you with HIS, so that He could accept you, a dirty rotten sinner.
Believe it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Most believers are "fallen from Grace" and that is indeed spiritual darkness.
They are saved, they are going to heaven, but they have lost real faith in Christ.
Paul says they are "bewitched" "in the flesh"..

How do you spot them?

Find out if they believe they can lose their salvation.
There is the proof of their spiritual darkness.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
they don’t justify sin under God’s grace

Sin is not an issue for the born again, as Jesus "became sin" for them 2000 yrs ago on the Cross, and the born again became "the righteousness of GOD, in CHRIST".
Sin is only an issue for an unbeliever, or a self saving deceived Legalist who is trying to work their way into heaven as they rant about obedience and commandment keeping.
As you know.

A sinning problem in the life of a born again believer, is not a Salvation issue, .. Its a FAITH problem, manifesting continually.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your opinion.

But if we look at the KJV verse... """“But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation"""

You will recall that its not what goes in a person but what comes out of their mouth is the Defilement........as the KJV verse states.

Also, "you will be judged by every idle word".......as that verse in 1 Peter confirms... So, the KJV is 100% once again.

And one more for you, comparing scripture with scripture..... KJV ...= "Matthew 12:34, 'Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.":

So the KJV verse is the correct translation of "conversation" as its related to the holiness of the HEART in a person that is shown by their MOUTH......their "conversation".

Paraphrase? If your heart is dirty, then your conversation will not be holy. so says the KJV version, in 1 Peter 1:15.

But if you keep reading the context this shows that Peter is not solely concerned with their conversation only, but their conduct in general.

1 Peter 2:1-2
“Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:”

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every time you have confessed a sin, you are confessing a disloyalty to God, which is why you did the deed.
That was you that did it., every time.

You are deceived. Proverbs 28:13 says he that confesses and forsakes sin shall have mercy. 1 John 1:9 says if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:7 (Which you reject) says if we walk in the light (love our brother)… the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every time you have confessed a sin, you are confessing a disloyalty to God, which is why you did the deed.
That was you that did it., every time.

The Bible warns you to…. Be not deceived:

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators,nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers,nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due seasonwe shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:7-9).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not understand God's Righteousness.
If you did, then you would never be found on a public forum even suggesting that a person can perform "righteousness", as a work, that is equal to the Righteousness that God requires of you, that He has to provide for you, as "the gift of Righteousness"

You have no righteousness of Yourself, and you wont be performing any today, or forever., and all Legalists think they have this capacity.

Let me show you a fact.
If you had any righteousness, then God would not have had to die as Christ on the Cross to provide you with HIS, so that He could accept you, a dirty rotten sinner.
Believe it.

No. You do not fully understand God’s righteousness. 1 John 3:7 says he that does righteousness is righteous even as He is righteous.
Who is the he that is righteous? It’s Jesus. So we follow Jesus and His righteous acts or ways.