The Problems of Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever, you did say that..

As or your 2 points. One cancels out the other. You can’t have it both ways.

Not at all. A baby can only have milk (and or formula) when they first come into this world and they cannot have solid foods like meat. Then they can grow and mature to be able to eat meat. It’s the same with the Bible. There is the milk of the Word and the meat of the Word. The milk of the Word is being saved by God’s grace and it is appreciating the grace and love Jesus has shown towards us over our past life of sin. This can motivate us to love like it did for the woman who could not stop kissing Jesus’ feet. For he that has been forgiven little loves little. The Jews were forgiven little because they only sought forgiveness of certain sins with God and not all of their sins. Hence, why they loved little. Hebrews 5:13 says, “For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.”

The meat of the Word is to be able to discern between good and evil (Which many in the Christian camps today simply are unable to recognize). Sure, they may see murder, rape, theft, etcetera as not being characterized of a true believer, but they don’t see other sins as condemning the believer (even though the Bible says that these sins will condemn them; Like being self seeking). Hebrews 5:14 says, “But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.”

In other words, you over simplify salvation to a neat clever package that has to fit into all points in time. Being drafted on to God’s team does not mean one’s later status is the same with God at a later point in time if they don’t obey their Master (Whereby they can be cut from the team). For example: Most sports team draft a person on to a team to based on their performance. But this is not so with how God drafts his team. God picks murderers, drunkards, prostitutes, etcetera. But when they come to God’s grace, they reform and change. So if their version of God’s grace is not the one found in Titus 2:11-12 that says God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and to live righteously and godly in this present world, then they have the wrong grace. They have an unbiblical and unholy grace that is found only in the imaginations of men so as to justify their sin. Jude 1:4 says God’s grace is not a license for immorality. A coach for a sports could draft somebody not based on their performance but if that team member does not eventually perform, he will be cut from the team. So it is with God. God is not looking for devils to do his will. God is looking for servants who will offer their bodies as a living sacrifice that is their reasonable service (Romans 12:1).

You have to ignore the context of what Paul was talking about. Paul clearly each time refers to our Initial Salvation when talking about being saved by God’s grace without works (i.e. the works of the 613 Laws of Moses or by first being saved by circumcision). You ignore the words of context that talk about Initial Salvation (like Ephesians 2:1 in being quickened, and Ephesians 2:8 in that being saved is like the receiving of a gift), and you ignore the words that point about how Paul also was fighting against the heresy of being circumcised first in order to be initially saved (Which was the same heresy exposed at the Jerusalem council - See Acts of the Apostles 15:1, and then see Galatians 5:2). So your belief does not take into account time in regards to a believer’s salvation. There are even Provisional Atonement Salvation verses in the Bible. These verses are dealing with how Christ paid the price for mankind BUT you have to make the decision to accept Christ in order for the Atonement to be applied to your life. An example of a Provisional Atonement verse would be John 1:29 that says, “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”. Now, unless you are a Universalist, this verse is not saying that all of mankind is forgiven. So you have to rightly divide this salvation verse with another aspect of salvation (Which is being saved by God’s grace in our Initial Salvation by faith without works). It’s the same with Sanctification. If you were to read 2 Thessalonians 2:13 it is telling you the believer that God has chosen us to salvation through Sanctification of the Spirit and a belief of the truth. Romans 8:13 says if you live after the flesh (sin), you will die, but if you put to death the misdeeds of the body (sin) by the Spirit, you will live (live eternally).

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sins and such people who practice such sins

You guys love adding the word “practice” to sin so you can feel good about your Un-practiced part-time sin.

Here’s a question for you un-practicing sinners:

A murderer has no eternal life abiding in him.

What makes one a “murderer”?

One murder?

Or many murders by one who “practices” murder?

“…no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.” (1 John 3:15)

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bible Highlighter Great posts.
My question is, do you think there are any denominations that aren't led astray?
There are a few Christian groups and or individuals who are close to the truth, and who teach how we must be obey God after we are saved by God’s grace. I was excited to travel on a future vacation so as to attend Christ’s Sanctified Holiness Church because they teach two aspects of salvation as the Bible teaches (You can see their church here). But then I found out that they deny the future bodily resurrection of believers (Which I take it be a salvation issue). There is also Alan Manson of MyGospel.info (See this article here). He also believes in two aspects of salvation (of which he calls Initial Salvation, and Final Salvation - which is a term taken from Dan Corner of Evangelical Outreach article published in 2011 as seen here). However, I talked with Alan by email (which were book length type emails between the two of us). While I love Alan’s soul, Alan Manson believes in some odd things and his attitude is one that is overly controlling to the point of being cult like and unloving. For example: He believes being born again happens later in the Christian life (Instead of it being in our Initial Salvation - John 1:12). He believes in the false belief of the Pre-existence of the soul for the Christian. Meaning, he believes that Christians existed in Heaven before they were born into this world. But only Jesus said he came down from Heaven (signifying He was uniquely the Son of God). While I was willing to agree to disagree to fellowship with him, he started to treat me like an enemy by his unloving words because I did not accept his odd views that are not clearly taught in Scripture. As for Dan Corner of EvangelicalOutReach.org: I also wish Dan Corner could come across as being a little more loving in their rebuke of Free Grace Christians (for he mocks them by classifying them under some kind of skull and cross bones award - See here). I contacted him before by email, but he appeared to just have a hate on for Free Grace Christians whereby we could not just fellowship in Christ in love or talk about the Bible as a guide for our lives personally.

There is another Christian named Alan (not Alan Manson). His name is Alan Ballou. His YouTube videos are the best when it comes to teaching Sanctification as a part of our salvation. The one major thing I disagree with Alan Ballou on is that he does not understand the Trinity.

Update:

I had to remove these videos from Alan Ballou (that I posted before).

While I liked Alan Ballou’s videos before on Sanctification and putting away sin and they were really helpful, the problem is he is a false accuser of the brethren. In the YouTube comment section in this video here, Alan Ballou falsely accused me of several things that I are not actually true. I said that while I agreed with his viewpoint on how there are two aspects of salvation, I told him that I disagree with his view on “obeying the gospel.” I told him “obeying the gospel“ is defined for us in Romans 10 in that it is believing the gospel message. He also implied there was no free will when we come to the Lord (Which is Calvinism), and he used John 6 as an example. I explained to him why this is not Calvinism and instead of disagreeing in love and respect, he started to falsely accuse me (as if I had teachers, and I went to bible college - when that is not the case). I tried to tell him in love that he was falsely accusing me here, and he never replied back. You can see the conversation under the same username I use here (Bible Highlighter) with there being 16 replies to my comment to him. I refuse to watch somebody who falsely accuses other Christians

Then there is Adam of Epiousion Apologetics. He believes in the Trinity (like I do), and he believes holy living after being saved by God’s grace is necessary as a part of God’s plan of salvation.

Update: But he called me a heretic for my telling him my belief (at the time) that water baptism was no longer necessary as a part of the New Covenant. Granted, my belief on this changed and I now believe in water baptism as a part of the faith, but Adam’s reply showed me how unloving he was in trying to talk with others. In fact, I told him how I changed on view of baptism and he did not reply back.

There is IFBC Church (
http://www.ifbc.org/) that appears to agree that holy living is a necessary part of our salvation. But the one church that is closest to me that I would like to attend is in another State (super far away from me).

You said:
Are you just approaching the Bible as an individual who studies?

I believe I study the Bible with the help of the Spirit comparing Scripture with Scripture. I do at times look to various Christian articles online certain times, and I have been seeking to find other believes like me who I can share in the joy of Christ, but there is not many out there who live near me.

You said:
I agree that it is more than faith alone that saves. But I go to a Protestant church and they teach us that we must live in obedience according to the Scriptures. I realize that this is not the normal teaching of most Protestant churches today.

Yes, my apologies. I do realize that there are some Protestant churches that do not fit into the Free Grace mold (and I should be more clear about my words or labels). But you have to also realize that Martin Luther started the Protestant movement and Luther said, “No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day" ['Let Your Sins Be Strong, from 'The Wittenberg Project;' 'The Wartburg Segment', translated by Erika Flores, from Dr. Martin Luther's Saemmtliche Schriften, Letter No. 99, 1 Aug. 1521. - Cf. Also Denifle’s Luther et Lutheranisme, Etude Faite d’apres les sources. Translation by J. Paquier (Paris, A. Picard, 1912-13), VOl. II, pg. 404]. Even if Luther never really said this and it was a false document of what he really believed, we know that Luther did not believe works did not play a part in our salvation (as a part of his protest against the Catholic Church). If history is correct on what he said, Luther said the epistle of James is an epistle of straw. So why would somebody want to follow Martin Luther? That’s where Protestantism originated from. Why should we follow a label that defines that point in history if we do not agree entirely with Luther? Granted, Luther was correct for rebelling against the Catholic Church. It’s just that he did not rebel for entirely for all the right reasons. For the Catholic Church is in error. Catholics are into idolatry (statue worship), and praying to the saints (dead people - which is Necromancy) among many other problems. I see Luther as going down the road of opposite wrong extreme. So why would we want to associate with a label that is associated with Luther? Granted, I am not saying that the church you go to is not saved or they are not helping you in your relationship with the Lord. I am not saying you should not go to your church, either. I am just speaking from my experience and what I know from the Bible, and history. Most churches I have attended do not speak encouraging words that gets you on fire to follow the Lord in our Sanctification like the videos found by Alan Ballou (even though I disagree with him on his non-acceptance of the Trinity as I said before). But the point here is to follow the Lord Jesus according to the Bible alone (with the leading of the Spirit) without having to be tied to any labels. I realize nothing is perfect in this life.

Also, there are Protestant groups that are clever with their wording. They say you must obey as a part of salvation, and or they say Sanctification is a part of salvation, but they see that being saved by God’s grace as the sole removal of the penalty of sin. They don’t believe Sanctification is a part of the removal of the penalty of sin, too. They believe Sanctification saves only in the removal of the presence of sin (But they don’t even believe that). They believe a Christian will live more progressively holy, but they don’t believe a Christian can ever stop sinning this side of Heaven. They see 1 John 1:8 as an excuse that they will be a slave to sin in this life. But they don’t realize that the servant (servant of sin) will not abide in the house forever. Only a son will abide in the house forever.

Side Note (Update):

After somebody pointed this out to me, I looked Protestantism on basic informational websites, and I was mistaken for saying that Protestantism is a denomination. According to educational sources online: Protestantism is a branch of Christianity. Within Protestantism: There are denominations (or sub groups).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me explain something.

What God wants from us is to allow the Holy Spirit to take away all the sin in our life. That is all the sin we keep practicing and won't let go of. This is what John is telling us in his epistles, stop practicing sin.

If we order our behavior (cooperate with Christ) and submit to the Spirit this is possible for all of us. This should be the goal of every believer, to have no known sin in our lives. Some will never reach this goal, but that is why God has given us Grace, something we don't deserve for salvation through believing. If we don't reach that goal, we are still saved through faith.

The ones who are not even trying and don't care about sin have not been washed in the Blood of Christ. They claim Christ but do not have the Holy Spirit working on their behalf.

Even if we do reach that goal of no known sin in our life, we are still mortal, fallen man, and we will make mistakes. those mistakes are called sin in the eyes of God.

Paul plainly tells us when perfection will come to all believers, and that is at the resurrection.

Your false holiness routine (fake sheep skin) is not going to work.
You don’t believe holy living as taught in the Bible (2 Thessalonians 2:13, Hebrews 12:14, Romans 8:13).

The problem is that you said, I quote.

“Yes, I'm a sinner saved by grace!” Quote by Charlie24.​

Source quote.

This suggests that you are currently a sinner now who is sinning in the present (or who will sin again) and yet you will still be saved by God’s grace (Which is wrong).

You said, I quote:

“In reality I am a sinner, for no one is without sin. But in the eyes of God, by faith in His Son, I am righteous, sinless, and perfect in Christ! Salvation is a free gift to one who believes even though he doesn't deserve it.” Quote by Charlie24.​

Source quote.

This means you are turning God’s grace into a license for immorality (Jude 1:4). But he that confesses and forsakes sin shall have mercy (Proverbs 28:13).

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your false holiness routine (fake sheep skin) is not going to work.
You don’t believe holy living as taught in the Bible (2 Thessalonians 2:13, Hebrews 12:14, Romans 8:13).

The problem is that you said, I quote.

“Yes, I'm a sinner saved by grace!” Quote by Charlie24.​

Source quote.

This suggests that you are currently a sinner now who is sinning in the present (or who will sin again) and yet you will still be saved by God’s grace (Which is wrong).

You said, I quote:

“In reality I am a sinner, for no one is without sin. But in the eyes of God, by faith in His Son, I am righteous, sinless, and perfect in Christ! Salvation is a free gift to one who believes even though he doesn't deserve it.” Quote by Charlie24.​

Source quote.

This means you are turning God’s grace into a license for immorality (Jude 1:4). But he that confesses and forsakes sin shall have mercy (Proverbs 28:13).

Will we ever understand what Grace actually means?

I am a sinner by the standard of man, I'm a fallen creature with a sin nature.

But by the Grace of God, in His eyes I am in Christ, perfect, holy, and acceptable to Him.

All because of His wonderful GRACE!

Does this mean I can disregard sin and live like the Devil and still expect that Grace?

If man who claims to be saved has no remorse for his sin, knowing that is what nailed Christ to the Cross, then that man is a liar and the truth is not in him!

I do my part in ordering my steps before the Lord, " the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."

Sometimes I fail and I'm ashamed of that, and I go to the Lord and ask forgiveness.

I don't want to sin knowing what great a price God has paid because of it, but I am human and make mistakes.

I admit that and thank God for His wonderful Mercy and Grace!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul never claimed perfection as you are doing! He claimed that he kept faith in Jesus Christ.

You are being somewhat childish about this , BH!

This is false.

Paul believed that he could one day be perfect in this life.

Paul says in Philippians 3:

Philippians 3:12 NLT
“I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.”

Philippians 3:12 AMP
“Not that I have already obtained it [this goal of being Christlike] or have already been made perfect, but I actively press on so that I may take hold of that [perfection] for which Christ Jesus took hold of me and made me His own.”

Paul says, “Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.” (Colossians 4:12).

Paul says, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Paul says, “And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all men, even as we do for you. To this end may He establish your hearts to be blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.” (1 Thessalonians 3:12-13 MEV).

Paul says, “It is he whom we proclaim, admonishing everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone perfect in Christ” (Colossians 1:28 NABRE).

Paul says, “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

Paul says, “That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.” (Philippians 2:15).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal. 5:16 is speaking of the sins concerning the lust of the flesh. Paul actually lists these sins in chp. 5.

A born-again Christian should have no problem with these things.

Then why is Paul warning the Galatian believers about these sins if the born again will automatically just not do these kinds of sins?
It makes no sense. So you would have to interpret Galatians 5:19-21 as referring exclusively to the unbeliever.
But why would Paul feel it was necessary to tell them that unbelievers who sin are not saved? Again, that makes no sense.
Paul is warning CHRISTIANS in Galatians 5:19-21 that if they do such things, they will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Meaning, if they change their course of action in living correctly for the Lord and go down the road of sin, they will lose their salvation.

You said:
The sins I'm speaking of are the sins we don't even realize we are committing until later.

This is why I say it is impossible to stop sinning altogether, it can't be done, BH, not in this life!

You fail to take into account that the Bible teaches that there are sins not unto death, and sins that lead to death (1 John 5:16) (Matthew 5:22 AMP). You see Sinless Perfection as a salvation issue if obedience was the route one needed to be taken to be saved. So that’s why you hold to Belief Alone-ism. You buy into the Protestant lies on this point that they have fed you.

But stop and think a moment. What if you are wrong? Is sin really worth it if it ends up costing your soul?
For nowhere does the Bible teach you can abide in sin that the Bible condemns with you being saved (Unless you confess and forsake that sin).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But by the Grace of God, in His eyes I am in Christ, perfect, holy, and acceptable to Him.

Does this mean I can disregard sin and live like the Devil and still expect that Grace?

If man who claims to be saved has no remorse for his sin, knowing that is what nailed Christ to the Cross, then that man is a liar and the truth is not in him!

I do my part in ordering my steps before the Lord, " the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."

Sometimes I fail and I'm ashamed of that, and I go to the Lord and ask forgiveness.

I don't want to sin knowing what great a price God has paid because of it, but I am human and make mistakes.

The problem is that you cannot be remorseful truly over your sin if you declare that you are a sinner and you cannot help but to sin again.
That would be like a man who cheats on his wife and says he is sorry to her and yet he has no real intention of ever stopping because he believes he cannot stop and he is a slave to his sin nature. If a man says he is sorry and even feels bad about cheating on his wife, is he truly remorseful with a godly sorrow if he does not plan on ever stopping? No. He is not. His true master is sin. Paul says we are to be slaves to righteousness. But you don’t believe that. You see it all as grace with no true and real change.

But Hebrews 5:13 says,
“For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.”

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Charlie24

How exactly do you believe this verse?

“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12).

Do you truly believe that the man who endures temptation will receive the crown of life? Is that not Works Salvation?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The problem with Belief Alone-ism is that holiness is just optional or holy living is reduced to one’s own standard of morality. If holy living according to the Bible does not play a factor in one’s salvation and it’s all a belief alone in Jesus as the Savior plus nothing else, then one can turn God’s grace into a license for immorality and be saved. Even you will admit that you murder, etcetera is not indicative of a true born again believer. So this means holy living on some level is required as a part of God’s plan of salvation. If this was not the case, then you can live however you please under God’s grace and sin as much as you like and do whatever you like.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy Loves the Law—- There oughta be one in regard to Wasting so much valuable Computer Ink!......The poor guy actually thinks that people read these verbose and windy posts.....

Hello. I am right here. In other words, it’s disrespectful to quote my post and then talk about me in the third person, friend. If you disagree with my belief of what I believe the Bible teaches then fine. You will have to answer for the Lord for why you don’t accept certain verses. But lets please keep things respectful (at the very least).

As for the Law: I don’t believe we are under the 613 Laws of Moses. I do love God’s laws (in the New Covenant or the Laws of Christ) because even to believe in Jesus is a commandment (1 John 3:23). Granted, I believe we first are saved by God in our Initial Salvation by God’s grace without works (Ephesians 2:8-9). But faith continues and expresses itself through faith that works by love (Galatians 5:6).

As for your thinking nobody reads my posts because they are windy (i.e. long):

Well, another believer here has given me “likes” on my longer posts. So your statement here did not turn out to be true.

Also, the posts that are long also are filled with primarily Scripture verses, and not my thoughts alone. So if you have a problem with my posts that are primarily Scripture, then you have a problem with Scripture and not me (Unless of course you just replied without even realizing that I posted Scripture).

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Charlie24

How exactly do you believe this verse?

“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12).

Do you truly believe that the man who endures temptation will receive the crown of life? Is that not Works Salvation?

BH, as long as you have studied the scripture, that is what you take from James 1:12?

Temptation is the test of faith! If you endure (keep your faith and don't give up) you will receive the crown of life!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with Belief Alone-ism is that holiness is just optional or holy living is reduced to one’s own standard of morality. If holy living according to the Bible does not play a factor in one’s salvation and it’s all a belief alone in Jesus as the Savior plus nothing else, then one can turn God’s grace into a license for immorality and be saved. Even you will admit that you murder, etcetera is not indicative of a true born again believer. So this means holy living on some level is required as a part of God’s plan of salvation. If this was not the case, then you can live however you please under God’s grace and sin as much as you like and do whatever you like.

The point is, you can't do it! It is surrendering to the Spirit and He does it through you.

You make living for Christ so difficult! Just try saying, Lord I can't do it, I'm trusting you to do it through me.

Just as Paul said, "the life that I live now I live by faith in the One who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Paul was totally surrendered to Christ, that is what gave the Holy Spirit the legal right to work so mightily in his life!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that you cannot be remorseful truly over your sin if you declare that you are a sinner and you cannot help but to sin again.
That would be like a man who cheats on his wife and says he is sorry to her and yet he has no real intention of ever stopping because he believes he cannot stop and he is a slave to his sin nature. If a man says he is sorry and even feels bad about cheating on his wife, is he truly remorseful with a godly sorrow if he does not plan on ever stopping? No. He is not. His true master is sin. Paul says we are to be slaves to righteousness. But you don’t believe that. You see it all as grace with no true and real change.

But Hebrews 5:13 says,
“For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.”

It's called humility, BH. Humbling yourself before the Almighty.

If you want help from God, and want to get His attention, that is how you do it!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith includes trust and the object of our faith in receiving salvation includes Christ's finished work of redemption.

Okay. You don’t appear to be listening. I believe we must believe (trust) in the gospel message as stated in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 which states that we are to believe that Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and He was risen the third day (for our salvation). What you don’t realize is that the Protestant saying that says we are to believe on the finished work of the cross is not a saying found in the Bible (Among many other unbiblical statements made by Protestants). It’s more than the cross. Believing in the resurrection is also crucial involving the gospel message involving our salvation. But Protestants say to just believe on the finished work of the cross. But God’s plan of redemption was not finished there. It continued with the resurrection.

You said:
It's found and included throughout the Bible where faith and salvation are mentioned. (Acts 15:7-9;

You fail to understand what is going on in Acts 15. Acts of the Apostles 15:1 basically says that there were Jews who were trying to deceive Gentile Christians into being first circumcised in order to be Initially Saved. So seeing that is the topic of the conversation, we have to understand that Acts of the Apostles 15:7-9 is also referring to being saved by God’s grace and the receiving of the Holy Spirit in our Initial Salvation. Anyone who reads this will conclude that Acts of the Apostles 15:7-9 is not referring to something that happens after we are saved by God’s grace or it is talking forever of the state of the believer in regards to eternal life (like God choosing us to salvation through the Sanctification of the Spirit - 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14, cf. Romans 8:13).

The issue in Acts 15 was those who thought they had to be first saved by circumcision which runs contrary to being first saved by God’s grace through faith in one’s Initial Salvation.

You said:

Acts of the Apostles 26:18 is also dealing with Initial Salvation.
For it says, “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.” (Acts of the Apostles 26:18).

Also, being sanctified (washed) by faith would include Ephesians 5:25-27. Christ gave himself for us so as to cleanse us with the washing of the water of the Word so that he might present to himself a church that is holy, without spot and blemish. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). So all instructions given to you in the Bible by God is a part of the faith. So faith is not just a perpetual belief alone. Yes, faith starts off as a belief alone in the Savior and in believing the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, but it does not remain that way.

You said:
Romans 1:16;3:24-28; 4:5-6; 5:1; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9 etc..).

Again, any average person who does not have any Protestant bias can easily see the context that these verses are dealing with our Initial Salvation. I challenge any Bible reader here to read these chapters in prayer fully in context and they will see that what I saying is correct.

You said:
Apart from the death, burial and resurrection of Christ and faith in Christ there is no salvation.

I am not in disagreement that we must believe the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 for our Initial Salvation, and as a type of thing we need to continue to believe in for salvation. What I am in disagreement with is the Protestant saying that says we are to simply believe on the finished work of the cross for salvation (When in reality it also includes believing in His burial, and resurrection and in the fact that He died for our sins).

You said:
The object of your faith is obviously 'in yourself' (works/performance) and is not in Christ alone.

Paul says I have kept the faith. I have ran the race. I have fought the good fight (See: 2 Timothy 4:7). Paul says he beats his body to keep it under subjection so that he may not be a cast away (1 Corinthians 9:27). Paul says work out your salvation with fear and trembling in Philippians 2:12. In 2 Corinthians 7:1, Paul says let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God. Romans 8:13 says if you put to death the misdeeds of the body (sin) by the Spirit, you will live. You don’t believe these points in Scripture.

There is nowhere in Scripture that says in Christ alone in regards to our salvation…. Meaning Christ does it all whereby we don’t have to worry about anything but believing in Jesus for salvation. That kind of thinking runs contrary to Scripture. God does not force you to be a certain way your whole life because you made a one time decision to accept Jesus as your Savior.

We are told in the Bible:

“...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21).​

"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10).​

We are told in the Bible:

1. Continue in the grace of God (Acts of the Apostles 13:43).

2. Continue in the faith (Acts of the Apostles 14:22) (Colossians 1:23).

3. Continue in his goodness, otherwise we can be cut off (just like the Jews were cut off) (Romans 11:21-22).

To be continued (Lord willing):

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BH, as long as you have studied the scripture, that is what you take from James 1:12?

Temptation is the test of faith! If you endure (keep your faith and don't give up) you will receive the crown of life!

Again, this verse does not align with what you believe. You are saying the words of the verse but you either don’t understand them, or you have changed them to mean something else. To endure temptation is a part of salvation. But in your belief it’s just faith alone. Just believe and that’s it. Your repeating this verse (with providing no explanation) is not helping you.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's called humility, BH. Humbling yourself before the Almighty.

1 Timothy 6:3-4 basically says if any man does not agree with the words of Jesus Christ and the doctrine according to godliness, he is proud, and he knows nothing. Being proud is the opposite of humility. Acts of the Apostles 3:23 says that if any man who does not hear that prophet (i.e. Jesus) will be destroyed. Meaning, if we do not obey the commands of Jesus, we will go to hell and not make it into God’s Kingdom.

You said:
If you want help from God, and want to get His attention, that is how you do it!

Jesus humbled himself when he was obedient unto death. We are to have the same like mind as Christ did on this. See Philippians 2:5-8.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, you can't do it! It is surrendering to the Spirit and He does it through you.

You make living for Christ so difficult! Just try saying, Lord I can't do it, I'm trusting you to do it through me.

Just as Paul said, "the life that I live now I live by faith in the One who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Paul was totally surrendered to Christ, that is what gave the Holy Spirit the legal right to work so mightily in his life!

One cannot surrender to the Spirit if they also declare that they are a sinner (present tense) saved by grace. That would be turning God’s grace into a license for immorality. You have to walk after the Spirit in order to not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, this verse does not align with what you believe. You are saying the words of the verse but you either don’t understand them, or you have changed them to mean something else. To endure temptation is a part of salvation. But in your belief it’s just faith alone. Just believe and that’s it. Your repeating this verse (with providing no explanation) is not helping you.

Of course it doesn't align for you, there's no works for you to perform!