The Problems of Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now let’s see if your consistent:

“For IF WE sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

The inspired writer included himself!

As always, doing what the Blind Guides do best—- taking verses out of context.....here we go again....borrow somebody”s “Thinking Cap” .....it s obvious that you don’t OWN one!

There are NINE CHAPTERS that precede the Tenth Chapter of Hebrews .....the ONLY Sin being addressed is the Sin of Unbelief ......it had become “ crunch time” for this Jewish crowd That was being talked to in this Letter......

They had a lifetime of “ Faith in the Blood” .....that’s the good news...

The “ bad news” was that their “ Faith” was in the *WRONG* Blood ! Their Faith was misplaced—- the Faith was in the blood of animals! Now they are being warned that “ The Blood Of animals could NEVER Atone for Sins”..... All Of Those Blood sacrifices were just a “picture” or “shadow” Of The Blood That “ COULD” get a man’s sins forgiven.....The Precious Blood Of The Perfect Lamb Of God, Jesus Christ....

So now that they have been told the True Way Of getting their sins forgiven , they had to show if the Message of the Truth had “ Taken Hold”......They would show by their actions what they Believed in their hearts—-do the Right thing by refusing to go back to the Temple Worship, where Faith was put in the shed blood of animals ( A * WILLFUL* sin, now that they have been enlightened to the Truth) or they could do it the Right Way—- putting their TOTAL FAITH in the Shed Blood Of Jesus Christ....

When this “ scary” verse is taught * IN CONTEXT”, ( scary because only a Fool thinks that he Never sins on purpose! ) even a ten year old could figure it out..... Poorly taught “ Believers” in these Forums That are MUCH older than Ten are STILL too Stiff -Necked to see the obvious Truth Of Hebrews 10.....To their own destruction, they take ONE verse out Of Context and let their entire Confused Doctrine revolve around it.....

I pray that the Newbies in here Understand the simplicity of “ Rightly Dividing” this misunderstood verse that has lead to so much anguish and even suicides because some poorly taught people had the brains and the self- insight to KNOW that they had and continued to Sin on- purpose sometimes and they thought that they would be damned for it....

If you reject The Shed Blood Of Jesus , indeed , there is NO OTHER SACRIFICE for Sin.....Hebrews is talking through and through about UNBELIEF .....and to be Damned for THAT Sin ( the only one that you “ Can” be damned for) ain’t exactly “ Breaking News, now is it ?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:8-
)

Has anybody ever considered that this “confession of sin” just might be a *One Time* thing?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul did not say I did what I did not want to do when I was lost. He said I do not do (present tense) what I want to do.

Lol....in the complete history of millions of writers, poor Paul is the only Author that I Have ever known that couldn’t comprehend the difference between the words “did” and “do”.....

“I * DO* what I Hate to do......NOT “ used to in the past” or * DID* ......this is a “Twisting” Of Scripture That is Tantamount to a Flat- Out Lie...

Btw, Paul had been a Born - Again , Saved man for at “ least” for TEN YEARS when he wrote Romans 7...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, we are to surrender to the leading of the Spirit, but that is not possible for the OSAS or Belief Alone or Sin and Still Be Saved type Christians because they justify sin on some level.

Think again, Mr. Grace Denier.......It was a very difficult thing to do, but I “ surrendered” myself to the Will Of Jesus 40 years ago....and I am the most Hard- Core OSAS man that you will ever meet.....it was the most “ difficult” thing that I ever did but it turned out to be the “ Wisest” thing that I ever did....I did NOT do it to “Get” Saved nor did I do it to “ Stay” Saved......It was simply the Wisest thing to do.....a” Wisdom” offered to me by the promoting of the Holy Spirit.... I am free to decide Whether “ I” run my life , doing things according to “my” will, and suffer the consequences for my stupidity, or I can , figuratively speaking, “ Hand over the Reins Of my life” to God—- I chose the latter, so once again you are mistaken......So , it’s back to your Drawing Board to Dream up other Ignorant Accusations...

OSAS RULES! NOSAS DROOLS! Lol......

Never forget that Jesus was both the Originator and Chief Promoter for OSAS ——PROVEN by the ONE VERSE that Shuts the Mouth Of All OSAS Deniers ....
“All these that BELIEVE in Me *ALREADY HAVE* Eternal Life and shall N E V E R come under Condemnation” ( John 5:24)

Some people with an intelligence that us stunted fail to understand what the word “ Never “ means....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you get the Spirit so as to be led by the Spirit?

You obey.

At the risk of sounding repetitious , I get to say it again!

Sometimes in here, it’s just like “ Shooting Fish in a Barrel!”

Paul asks in Galatians ( you ever read it?) —— “ How did you GET the Holy Spirit? Just tell me This one Thing—-Was it by Obeying The Law Of Moses or was it by hearing about Jesus and putting your Trust in Him to Save you ?)

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if that is the case, then good works are merely optional because one does not have to do them for salvation according to your own words.

I know a certain thief on a cross that would agree with me...

Jesus “could” have told the poor guy, “ Blast the Luck! You “ ALMOST” made it! You showed a Contrite ( repentant) Heart,You Literally “ Turned to Me” as a Lost Sinner and you even showed that you actually believed that I would rise from the dead! ( Remember me when you go to your Kingdom) .....well, Sorry , Charley —- the ol’ “Clock on the Wall” just kinda ran out on you and I didn’t get to see you do any “ good Works” to PROVE that you got Saved...you should have spared yourself all of that last minute Drama—-in the end, you are no better-off than that other thief.....”

Of course that is all Hog Wash—— just like this guy’s “ False and Perverted” gospel of Works Salvation....

Jesus said that to be Saved, all that you MUST do is to “Turn to Me” .......that is what the thief dud....that’s why he got Saved....the same thing happened to me....all I can say is, “ Try it, you’ll like it!”........

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#16. ”And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” (Revelation 22:12-15).

#17. “For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.” (Romans 11:21-22).

#18. “Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:12-13).

#19. ”Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” (Matthew 25:34-40).
“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.” (Matthew 25:41-46).

#20. ”His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.” (Matthew 25:21).
”And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 25:30).

#21. “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:10).

#22. “He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God” (John 8:47).

#23. “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7) (cf. 1 John 2:9-11).

#24. “For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:20).

#25. “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” (Matthew 7:24-27).

#26. “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21).

Supplementary verse:

“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication” (1 Thessalonians 4:3).

#27. “And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet [Jesus], shall be destroyed from among the people.” (Acts of the Apostles 3:23).

#28. “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.’ (John 15:5-6).

Supplementary verses:

(a) “Bring forth therefore fruits befitting for repentance” (Matthew 3:8).

(b) “And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” (Matthew 3:10).

#29. “And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.” (1 Peter 4:18-19).

#30. “For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:8-9).

This guy Loves the Law—- There oughta be one in regard to Wasting so much valuable Computer Ink!......The poor guy actually thinks that people read these verbose and windy posts.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Scripture when it says God will judge His people

God judged me and found me 100% Guilty , and then he did something wild....He took the Punishment due me for my multitude of Sins and placed them on His Son.....and if that was not “wild” enough He next took the Perfection Of His Son and “IMPUTED” it to my Heavenly Account! What a Deal! What GRACE! What LOVE! For many, it just “ Too Good to be True”.....Their Pride convinces that they just “GOT” do Something to Merit all of this! Trying to Merit “ UNMERITED” Favor which is what Grace is.....Only a Blind man would fail to see the Folly Of this and how it “Tramples” the Shed Blood —— I constantly stress that the old Hymn “ nailed it”—— For Salvation , it really IS , “Nothing But The Blood”......Don't wait until the angels are carrying you off to Hell to finally get this straight....

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy Loves the Law—- There oughta be one in regard to Wasting so much valuable Computer Ink!......The poor guy actually thinks that people read these verbose and windy posts.....
I stopped awhile ago. I will look from time to time at his short posts and maybe respond. But as usual it proves worthless..

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if that is the case, then good works are merely optional because one does not have to do them for salvation according to your own words.

I know a certain thief on a cross that would agree with me...

Jesus “could” have told the poor guy, “ Blast the Luck! You “ ALMOST” made it! You showed a Contrite ( repentant) Heart,You Literally “ Turned to Me” as a Lost Sinner and you even showed that you actually believed that I would rise from the dead! ( Remember me when you go to your Kingdom) .....well, Sorry , Charley —- the ol’ “Clock on the Wall” just kinda ran out on you and I didn’t get to see you do any “ good Works” to PROVE that you got Saved...you should have spared yourself all of that last minute Drama—-in the end, you are no better-off than that other thief.....”

Of course that is all Hog Wash—— just like this guy’s “ False and Perverted” gospel of Works Salvation....

Jesus said that to be Saved, all that you MUST do is to “Turn to Me” .......that is what the thief dud....that’s why he got Saved....the same thing happened to me....all I can say is, “ Try it, you’ll like it!”........
Come unto me all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

BH offers a bunch more work. Nothing near rest.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You “ Tread on the *BLOOD* ( typically, you got it wrong) Of The Savior when you put forth your SelF- Righteous Performance ( your good works)

So sinning willfully is putting “forth your SelF-Righteous Performance”???

Another Bible editor in the house: the verse below looks like this to @BloodBought 1953

“For if we sin wilfully put forth our self-righteous performance after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,” (Hebrews 10:26)

“Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:29)

How does this false doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved continue in face of clear scripture that refutes it???

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,” (Hebrews 10:26)

the ONLY Sin being addressed is the Sin of Unbelief

You see, the Bible never means what it says to these guys. They’re always inserting words into the text. They have to! This is how they deal with problem passages that contradict their false doctrine.

This “sin” being addressed here are these mentioned in the same chapter:

“And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;” (Hebrews 10:11-12)

See that?

SinS plural!

And what is sin?

“All unrighteousness is sin” (1 John 5:17)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy Loves the Law—-

Do you hate it?

It is supposed to be in your heart and mind:

“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them” (Hebrews 10:16)

You are supposed to establish the law:

“Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” (Romans 3:31)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The saying to trust in the finished work of the cross alone for salvation is not found in Romans 3. It's nowhere to be found anywhere in the Bible.
Faith includes trust and the object of our faith in receiving salvation includes Christ's finished work of redemption. It's found and included throughout the Bible where faith and salvation are mentioned. (Acts 15:7-9; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5-6; 5:1; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9 etc..). Apart from the death, burial and resurrection of Christ and faith in Christ there is no salvation. The object of your faith is obviously 'in yourself' (works/performance) and is not in Christ alone.

In fact, you have to believe that Christ died for your sins, He was buried, and He was risen the third day according to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. We have to believe the resurrection. So it's not just the finished work of the cross. That's a Protestant saying that does not exist in the Bible.
We not only have to believe that the death, burial and resurrection of Christ "happened" (even the demons believe that) but we also have to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. That's what it means to "believe" the gospel. (Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) Death, burial and resurrection is included in Christ's finished work of redemption. You sure like to pick on Protestants. So do Roman Catholics.

Romans 3:24-27 is talking about Initial Salvation. It's also condemning the heresy of Circumcision Salvationism.
Eisegesis. It goes beyond that. Circumcision salvationism is an erroneous Roman Catholic argument.

Romans 3:1 says, “What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?”
Circumcision is mentioned because the Jews placed a great emphasis on circumcision, yet in Romans 3:27-28, Paul goes on to say - Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law which covers much more and is not merely limited to circumcision. Roman Catholics use this same circumcision argument in an attempt to "get around" the truth that we are saved by grace through faith and not by works in general. They teach saved by "these" works (good works/works of faith etc..) and just not "those" works (works of the law with a heavy emphasis on circumcision) but that argument is bogus.

Romans 4:9-12 says,
Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision. And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.”
Once again, circumcision is mentioned because the Jews placed a great emphasis on circumcision, yet in Romans 4:5-6, Paul clearly states - But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works. *Works (plural) which is not merely limited to circumcision.

Acts of the Apostles 15 tells about certain Jews who were trying to deceive Gentile Christians to be circumcised in order to be saved.
Again, the Jews placed a great emphasis on circumcision for salvation, just like certain people today place a great emphasis on water baptism for salvation, yet that is not they only thing they teach is necessary for salvation. Open your eyes.

Keeping this in mind when we read the words of Paul in Romans 3:24-27 is a big eye opener.
Not a big eye opener at all. It's no secret that the Jews placed a great emphasis on circumcision for salvation, "the deeds of the law/works" goes beyond mere circumcision.

So Paul is not referring to the Laws of Christ which Paul said he was basically under (1 Corinthians 9:21). We are not justified by the law of Moses (Acts of the Apostles 13:39). But of course you ignore this context because it destroys everything you were taught by Protestants (vs. just reading and studying the Bible with the help of the Spirit alone).
Now you sound like a Roman Catholic. The Bible says we are justified/saved through faith (Romans 5:1; Ephesians 2:8) and not through the law of Moses or the Laws of Christ. That would be salvation by works either way. I don't ignore anything and nothing you have said destroys anything taught by Protestants or by myself. The Holy Spirit has not led you to your Roman Catholic error.

When it comes to the moral aspect of the law of Moses, you cannot dissect good works from the moral aspect of the law and then teach that we are saved by "these" works, but just not "those" works. In James 2:15-16, the example of a "work" that James gives is: "If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?" To give a brother or sister these things needed for the body would certainly be a "work of faith/good work" yet to neglect such a brother or sister and not give them the things needed for the body is to break the second great commandment "love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:39) as found written in the law of Moses. (Leviticus 19:18)

In Matthew 22:37-40, we read: Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. Please tell me which good works are "completely detached" from these two great commandments which are found in the law of Moses? (Deuteronomy 6:5; Leviticus 19:18)

CONTINUED...

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Paul is not referring to the works of Christ, but to the works of the law of Moses like circumcision. For the heresy of Circumcision Salvationism was prevalent during that time period.
Absolutely false which I already demonstrated. Elsewhere, the apostle Paul tells us that it is not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us.. (Titus 3:5) and in 1 Timothy 1:9, Paul tells us that God saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works.. so not saved by works includes works in general. Sorry to burst your works salvation bubble. Roman Catholics are wrong about this as well.

We do need to trust in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ for salvation.
I do. I trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of my salvation. Do you? Or do you simply believe that the death, burial and resurrection of Christ "happened" and also trust in works for salvation? The answer to those questions seem obvious to me.

But that's not the only instructions we were given to believe in or to act upon by our Lord. There are many other instructions by Jesus that is a part of the faith and salvation.
Here comes salvation by works...

For example: If you do not forgive, you will not be forgiven by the Father (Matthew 6:15). So just trusting in the finished work of the cross will not save you if you do not forgive others (Matthew 6:15). If you just trust in the finished work of the cross and refuse to help the poor in this life, then you will be cast into everlasting punishment according to the words of Jesus in Matthew 25. So yes. Jesus is the only way. But you have to follow Jesus (or obey His instructions) to be saved. Just believing in His finished work will not save you if that is all you do in this life.
A Christian’s forgiveness of others is based on an understanding that he has been forgiven by God’s undeserved and unearned mercy. Hearts that are humble and appreciate God’s grace gladly forgive others from a heart that is saved, but proud and revengeful hearts with no true repentance, that don't forgive in such small matters, as we see in the parable of the unforgiving servant in Matthew 18, which revealed a heart that is unsaved and does not receive God's forgiveness. Unforgiveness is the mark of an unbeliever and forgiveness would be the mark of a true believer. We are to forgive others because God, through Christ, has forgiven us. (Ephesians 4:32) It is inconceivable that someone who has truly experienced God's forgiveness could refuse to grant forgiveness to others, especially in such a small matter, as in Matthew 18:26-35 for example.

After a casual 'surface' reading of the parable of the sheep and goats in Matthew 25:31-46, these verses seem to suggest that salvation is the result of good works. All Scripture proves itself right and non-contradictory when compared with the totality of Scripture. This passage has to be taken alongside the whole of Scripture. Jesus was not advocating salvation by works. That would be contrary to Romans 4:4-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; 2 Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:5 etc... One's works are an effect of (and therefore indication of) one's salvation status, rather than being a cause of one's salvation. This is not performance based salvation, but salvation based performance. The good deeds mentioned in Matthew 25:35-36 are merely the fruit that will be manifest in the lives of the redeemed. Those who are placed at Christ's right hand are not there based on the merits of their good deeds, but because Christ imputed His righteousness to them. (Romans 4:2-6; Philippians 3:9)

When works are mentioned in connection with salvation, the works are always the result of, not the condition of, receiving salvation. The stress is on works as a manifestation of one's faith (or lack thereof), not simply on the faith from which these works follow. So it is understandable that in this context, Matthew would stress the works that are a manifestation of "faith by which one receives eternal life." Notice how love for other Christians is an indication of one's salvation status: 1 John 3:10 - In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. He who practices righteousness and loves his brother does so BECAUSE he is a child of God and not to become a child of God. 1 John 3:14 - We know that we have (past tense) passed from death to life, because we love our brothers (present tense). Loving our brothers is the result of, not the condition of passing from death to life. You still have the tail wagging the dog, the cart before the horse. The end result is salvation by works.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, you really don't believe in walking after the Spirit. Protestants believe that they do both good and evil. They preach that they will always sin this side of Heaven. That's not walking after the Spirit. Galatians 5:16 says walk after the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. But you don't believe that.

Second, while God does do the good work through us, we also have to cooperate with God and take action. God is not going to force you to be a certain way and neither is God going to force you to do good works just because you have the proper faith alone or if you believe really hard on the finished work of the cross. Christians have tried to employ such nonsense of them believing really hard on the finished work of the cross to overcome sin, and nothing happened. That's why your belief is a sham. It just does not work and it is not consistent with basic morality. If it was all God then why would Paul say, “...I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway? (See: 1 Corinthians 9:27).

Gal. 5:16 is speaking of the sins concerning the lust of the flesh. Paul actually lists these sins in chp. 5.

A born-again Christian should have no problem with these things.

The sins I'm speaking of are the sins we don't even realize we are committing until later.

This is why I say it is impossible to stop sinning altogether, it can't be done, BH, not in this life!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While God does work in our life, we also have a responsibility to keep the faith.

Repeat after me:

“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,...” (2 Timothy 4:7-8).

Notice Paul's words.

I have fought a good fight.
I have finished my course (race).
I have kept the faith.

See, that's why Protestantism is lying to you. They have been getting you to speak against what the Bible says plainly. Paul says I have fought a good fight. I have finished my course (race). I have kept the faith.

But the next verse should shock you.

Henceforth there is laid up for Paul a crown of righteousness because he fought a good fight, and because he finished his race, and because he kept the faith. God is not going to keep the faith for you or force you to be a certain way because of a one time decision you made for Christ.

Paul never claimed perfection as you are doing! He claimed that he kept faith in Jesus Christ.

You are being somewhat childish about this , BH!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While God does work in our life, we also have a responsibility to keep the faith.

Repeat after me:

“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,...” (2 Timothy 4:7-8).

Notice Paul's words.

I have fought a good fight.
I have finished my course (race).
I have kept the faith.

See, that's why Protestantism is lying to you. They have been getting you to speak against what the Bible says plainly. Paul says I have fought a good fight. I have finished my course (race). I have kept the faith.

But the next verse should shock you.

Henceforth there is laid up for Paul a crown of righteousness because he fought a good fight, and because he finished his race, and because he kept the faith. God is not going to keep the faith for you or force you to be a certain way because of a one time decision you made for Christ.

Let me explain something.

What God wants from us is to allow the Holy Spirit to take away all the sin in our life. That is all the sin we keep practicing and won't let go of. This is what John is telling us in his epistles, stop practicing sin.

If we order our behavior (cooperate with Christ) and submit to the Spirit this is possible for all of us. This should be the goal of every believer, to have no known sin in our lives. Some will never reach this goal, but that is why God has given us Grace, something we don't deserve for salvation through believing. If we don't reach that goal, we are still saved through faith.

The ones who are not even trying and don't care about sin have not been washed in the Blood of Christ. They claim Christ but do not have the Holy Spirit working on their behalf.

Even if we do reach that goal of no known sin in our life, we are still mortal, fallen man, and we will make mistakes. those mistakes are called sin in the eyes of God.

Paul plainly tells us when perfection will come to all believers, and that is at the resurrection.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal. 5:16 is speaking of the sins concerning the lust of the flesh. Paul actually lists these sins in chp. 5.

A born-again Christian should have no problem with these things.

The sins I'm speaking of are the sins we don't even realize we are committing until later.

This is why I say it is impossible to stop sinning altogether, it can't be done, BH, not in this life!
In 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, we see a similar list of sins and such people who practice such sins (Galatians 5:21) are described as the unrighteous. (1 Corinthians 6:9)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bible Highlighter Great posts.
My question is, do you think there are any denominations that aren't led astray?

Are you just approaching the Bible as an individual who studies?

I agree that it is more than faith alone that saves. But I go to a Protestant church and they teach us that we must live in obedience according to the Scriptures. I realize that this is not the normal teaching of most Protestant churches today.

Reactions: Bible Highlighter