The Problems of Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only someone who has no knowledge of our sanctification could write such a thing!

The same faith that saves us is the same faith that keeps us saved!

You are trying to DO it yourself, when you should have the faith that He will do it through you.

It's all about faith, BH! Just giving up of your own abilities and giving Him the control, "dying to self."

If you don't do that, you're not going to make it.

That is where your faith is proven, by surrendering to the will of Christ, if you don't, that faith is artificial.

That is what Paul calls "walking in the Spirit." Denying your own abilities to live for Christ (walking in the flesh) and depending on the Holy Spirit to carry out your sanctification by faith (walking in the Spirit).

Rom. 8:13

"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."

First, you really don't believe in walking after the Spirit. Protestants believe that they do both good and evil. They preach that they will always sin this side of Heaven. That's not walking after the Spirit. Galatians 5:16 says walk after the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. But you don't believe that.

Second, while God does do the good work through us, we also have to cooperate with God and take action. God is not going to force you to be a certain way and neither is God going to force you to do good works just because you have the proper faith alone or if you believe really hard on the finished work of the cross. Christians have tried to employ such nonsense of them believing really hard on the finished work of the cross to overcome sin, and nothing happened. That's why your belief is a sham. It just does not work and it is not consistent with basic morality. If it was all God then why would Paul say, “...I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway? (See: 1 Corinthians 9:27).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
by the way, there is NO SUCH THING as BELIEF only salvation.

we are saved by grace through FAITH.

faith and belief are not the same.. Many believe yet have never seen God. and unless the repent, never will

Faith is described in the Bible as both a belief and as following God's instructions to the end (or in loyalty, i.e. to be faithful).

Examples of a belief type faith shown in the Bible.

“Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” (Hebrews 11:3).

“Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.” (Romans 4:3).

“But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” (Romans 4:5).

Here are some quick points on how faith moves beyond just a belief alone in Jesus as the Savior like in John 1:12, and or in believing the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

#1. Faith manifests itself with the “work of faith” mentioned by the apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 1:3, and 2 Thessalonians 1:11. Many Christians today seem to separate works from faith in a way that goes beyond how James describes them. Yet, the apostle Paul mentions that there is a “work of faith.” The Bible talks about the “work of the Lord” (1 Corinthians 15:58) (1 Corinthians 16:10), and I imagine if I asked your average Christian if the “work” within the “work of the Lord” is separate from “the Lord,” they most likely would say they are not separated. But when it comes to the “work of faith,” they will say that works and faith are separate things (Which in my view is not being consistent or honest with oneself).

#2. The word “faithful” is also mentioned 54 times in the New Testament King James Bible. The dictionary defines faithful as:

Faithful:
(adjective):​

1. true to one's word, promises, vows, etc.
2. steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant: faithful friends.
3. reliable, trusted, or believed.
4. strict or thorough in the performance of duty: a faithful worker.

Source:
Definition of faithful | Dictionary.com

This definition is supported by the context in many verses in the Bible. It does not take a detective to figure out that the word “faithful” derives from the word “faith.” They are related and connected to each other. A person is loyal (or faithful) to their master based on their faith in him in what he says. For example: 2 Thessalonians 3:3 says, “But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.” So the Lord is said to be faithful in this verse. How is the Lord faithful? Is it by a belief alone? No. The Lord is faithful to strengthening us (or in establishing us) to keep us from evil. The Lord does something when He is faithful. Revelation 2:10 says to a particular church, “be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” Many Christians today have tried to come up with tricky ways to not apply this verse to their own life. I believe they do not accept what this verse plainly says because it contradicts their erroneous “Faith Alone” teaching that was handed down to them from Martin Luther (Even though Luther was admirable for speaking against the Catholic Church).

#3. Romans 10:17. It says,

“So then faith cometh by hearing,
and hearing by the word of God.”
(Romans 10:17).​

How do we get our faith? According to Romans 10:17, we get our faith by hearing the Word of God. I believe that the “Word of God” can refer to either Jesus, and or the Bible (depending on the context) (Note: See this thread here to see the connection in Scripture between the Living Word and the Bible). Anyways, in this particular instance in Romans 10:17: I believe the “Word of God” refers to the words of Jesus (which are found in the Holy Bible). We must receive the words of Jesus because if we do not, His words will judge us on the last day (See: John 12:48). This would also include the words of His apostles, as well. For Jesus says, “He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.” (Matthew 10:40). So faith is basically everything in my New Testament because it gives us an account of the words of Jesus and His followers. We get our faith by believing and obeying what Jesus and His apostles said. Faith is everything in your New Testament, and faith is not just a belief alone in Jesus.

#4. Hebrews 11.
Hebrews 11 gives us an account of what faith does. “By faith Noah, ... prepared an ark to the saving of his house;...” (Hebrews 11:7). “By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac:” (Hebrews 11:17). “By faith Moses, ... refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;” (Hebrews 11:24-25). So by faith, the great men of God obeyed God and or put forth holy actions (or the “work of faith”). So in Hebrews 11, the word “faith” is used to represent something a believer does. This faith also rejects sin in one's life, for Moses suffered with the affliction of God's people rather than enjoying the pleasures of sin for a season.

I can give you more, but hopefully this will suffice to make my point biblically.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, BH, have it your way. Drive on with your faith in "self" and Christ and see where it gets you.

But I will show you again where Paul took Rom. 8:13 from.

Luke 9:23

" And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."

"Denying self" is denying the self ability to DO of yourself.

No. The context of denying yourself is denying your life (your desires, and or favor with the world) for following the desires of Christ (According to His Word).

For Jesus says,
“For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” (Matthew 16:25-26).

You said:
"Take up the Cross daily" is taking faith in what Christ did on that Cross for us."

Luke 9:24

" For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it."

"whosoever will save his life" is the one who will do it his way and not surrender to the Holy Spirit.

First, we are to surrender to the leading of the Spirit, but that is not possible for the OSAS or Belief Alone or Sin and Still Be Saved type Christians because they justify sin on some level. God is not going to operate in a person's life if they justify sin or evil. If they were on the right course at one point in their life, and they got off track, they can repent (seek forgiveness with the Lord Jesus) and obey Him. But they cannot have the OSAS mindset today that says that one can do both good and evil and be okay with God.

Second, it's synergistic. It's not all God and it's not all us. It's a walk with God. We have to surrender to God and His will, and do what He says, and God can operate and move more in our life by giving us the strength and guiding of His Spirit. But there is no hope or chance for those who justify sin (Which is the popular view held by most Christians today).

You said:
"whosoever will lose his life for my sake" is the one who will deny his ability and surrenders totally to the Holy Spirit allowing Him to carry out our sanctification through us.

While believers do need to surrender to the sanctification of the Spirit, that's not the context of what Jesus was talking about when He spoke about losing His life. Losing your life for Christ is not watching worldly movies, not hanging out with your unbelieving friends, and doing 100% the things of God according to NT Scripture.

You said:
Paul took Rom. 8:13 from the words of Christ Himself.

Just one more thing and I will leave you alone.

This is the bottom line to the words of Christ and Paul.

Rom. 8:14

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

Your OP is not teaching us to be led by the Spirit of God!

How do you get the Spirit so as to be led by the Spirit?
You obey.

Acts of the Apostles 5:32 says,
“And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.”

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only someone who has no knowledge of our sanctification could write such a thing!

The same faith that saves us is the same faith that keeps us saved!

You are trying to DO it yourself, when you should have the faith that He will do it through you.

It's all about faith, BH! Just giving up of your own abilities and giving Him the control, "dying to self."

If you don't do that, you're not going to make it.

That is where your faith is proven, by surrendering to the will of Christ, if you don't, that faith is artificial.

That is what Paul calls "walking in the Spirit." Denying your own abilities to live for Christ (walking in the flesh) and depending on the Holy Spirit to carry out your sanctification by faith (walking in the Spirit).

Rom. 8:13

"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."

While God does work in our life, we also have a responsibility to keep the faith.

Repeat after me:

“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,...” (2 Timothy 4:7-8).

Notice Paul's words.

I have fought a good fight.
I have finished my course (race).
I have kept the faith.

See, that's why Protestantism is lying to you. They have been getting you to speak against what the Bible says plainly. Paul says I have fought a good fight. I have finished my course (race). I have kept the faith.

But the next verse should shock you.

Henceforth there is laid up for Paul a crown of righteousness because he fought a good fight, and because he finished his race, and because he kept the faith. God is not going to keep the faith for you or force you to be a certain way because of a one time decision you made for Christ.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would also like to see proof that such people exist.. Especially people in this chat room..

The poster named “Behold” says,

The ROOT Heresy, is "works in place of Salvation"......or "works added to the Grace of God".
See that?
That is the gospel of works and self effort and that gospel is Satanic and cursed of God and anti-Christ.
Why? Its because it Denies God's Grace, by adding self effort to the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.​

Let me reveal it like this...

God says...>"i provided MY BLOOD and MY Righteous Life" as YOUR FINISHED Salvation....and its a FREE GIFT... "The GIFT of Salvation".."The GIFT of Righteousness".​

Heresy teaches...>>"God started my salvation, but i have to finish it by my WORKS, Self Effort, and my LIFESTYLE".​

Heresy teaches.. "The teaching that God's Salvation is a Gift, is to teach license to sin".​

Heresy teaches....>"Jesus saves you, but you have to keep yourself saved by law, commandments, lifestyle, and confessing sin." ~ Quote by: Behold.​

Post Source:
Heresy : revealed and understood

In fact, he chimed in post #26 that all you have to do is believe + nothing else to be saved (Which is utter nonsense). In fact, poster “Charlie 24” liked his post. In fact, I have argued with many Protestants who believe that all you need is a belief alone in Jesus or the finished work of the cross and nothing else. They especially hate obedience to God and anyone who does obey God for salvation is a heretic according to many of them.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3:24 - being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. That is Scripture and faith involves trust. Condemning protestants in general is a judgment call that is well above your pay grade.

The saying to trust in the finished work of the cross alone for salvation is not found in Romans 3. It's nowhere to be found anywhere in the Bible. In fact, you have to believe that Christ died for your sins, He was buried, and He was risen the third day according to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. We have to believe the resurrection. So it's not just the finished work of the cross. That's a Protestant saying that does not exist in the Bible.

Romans 3:24-27 is talking about Initial Salvation. It's also condemning the heresy of Circumcision Salvationism.

Romans 3:1 says, “What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?”

Romans 4:9-12 says,
Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision. And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.”

Acts of the Apostles 15 tells about certain Jews who were trying to deceive Gentile Christians to be circumcised in order to be saved. Keeping this in mind when we read the words of Paul in Romans 3:24-27 is a big eye opener. So Paul is not referring to the Laws of Christ which Paul said he was basically under (1 Corinthians 9:21). We are not justified by the law of Moses (Acts of the Apostles 13:39). But of course you ignore this context because it destroys everything you were taught by Protestants (vs. just reading and studying the Bible with the help of the Spirit alone).

So Paul is not referring to the works of Christ, but to the works of the law of Moses like circumcision. For the heresy of Circumcision Salvationism was prevalent during that time period.

You said:
Narrow is the way that leads unto life and FEW there be that find it because there are FEW who are trusting in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Romans 1:16) That is the narrow way. Faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. (Romans 4:5-6; 5:1; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9 etc..). Either we are trusting 100% in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation or else we are 100% lost. Jesus is the only way. (John 10:9; 14:6; Acts 4:12)

We do need to trust in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ for salvation. But that's not the only instructions we were given to believe in or to act upon by our Lord. There are many other instructions by Jesus that is a part of the faith and salvation. For example: If you do not forgive, you will not be forgiven by the Father (Matthew 6:15). So just trusting in the finished work of the cross will not save you if you do not forgive others (Matthew 6:15). If you just trust in the finished work of the cross and refuse to help the poor in this life, then you will be cast into everlasting punishment according to the words of Jesus in Matthew 25. So yes. Jesus is the only way. But you have to follow Jesus (or obey His instructions) to be saved. Just believing in His finished work will not save you if that is all you do in this life.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...you don't believe that salvation is by Christ alone?

Salvation with God is synergistic. While Jesus Christ (GOD) draws us, and can save us by His grace, we have to respond to that call. Jesus is not going to force us to accept His invitation. So there had to be some kind of free will choice involved when we chose to accept Jesus as our Savior. God's grace through faith in our Initial Salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9) is a two way street. The same is true with our Sanctification which is the secondary aspect of our salvation (2 Thessalonians 2:13) (Romans 8:13). We are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12). Paul said, I have kept the faith, I have run the race, I have fought the good fight (2 Timothy 4:7). So it's not just Christ alone forcing you to be a certain way doing everything for you. You have to choose each day to follow the Lord Jesus. So it's not just Christ alone (Implying that you don't have to do anything). You have to choose to follow Jesus. Jesus is not going to force you to follow Him.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
It was a real kick listening to this smug, self -righteous Jack-Ass Of COURSE we are to do “good Works !”

But if that is the case, then good works are merely optional because one does not have to do them for salvation according to your own words.

By the way, Adam used to believe as you do. But when he really started reading and studying the Bible on his own without his Pastors talking in his ear, he really started to see what God's Word was really saying. All I can do is encourage you to do the same.

You said:
It was the very reason that God created us! The ONLY Law that Jesus Left us With is this one —- ( And for sure, It was a “ form” of Good Works !) The “ Law Of Christ” says to “Take on the Burdens Of others!” ........Now, if that is not a “ good work” , I don’t know what IS!

The problem arises when one tries to make the claim that these “ good deeds” are the Elixir for Salvation.... Even the Confused guy in the video does not quote a verse saying that you must do Good deeds TO GET SAVED .....that Is because there ARE NONE!

If you were to watch more of his videos, you will see he does provide verses in how we need good works to be saved. But I know you will most likely not watch his other videos. So for your convenience, I have provided to you my own list of verses that proves this biblical truth. For...

After we are saved by God's grace,
God’s works (done through us) are also required as a part of the Salvation Process:

(Here are a List of Verses):

#1. “Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." (James 2:24).

#2. "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.” (James 2:17-18).

#3. "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

#4. "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing," (1 Timothy 6:3-4).

Supplemental verse:

"...God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." (James 4:6).

#5. "And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him." (Hebrews 5:9).

#6. "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14).

#7. “...God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth” (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

Supplemental verses:

(a) “That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” (2 Thessalonians 2:12).

(b) “...and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and establish you in every good word and work.” (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17).

#8. “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1).

Supplemental verse:

“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” (Romans 8:13).

#9. "If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema [accursed] Maranatha."(1 Corinthians 16:22).

Supplemental verses:

(a) "If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15).

(b) “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.” (John 15:10).

#10. ”And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.” (Luke 10:25-28).

#11. “...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” (Matthew 19:17-19).

#12. "And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." (Matthew 10:38). ”If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? (Matthew 16:24-26).

#13. "...No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62) (cf. Luke 8:11-15, 1 Corinthians 4:15).

#14. "But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God." (Romans 2:8-11).

Supplemental verses:

(a) "Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls." (James 1:21).

(b) “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12).

(c) "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." (John 3:20).

#15. “And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.” (John 5:29).

(Continued in next post):

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#16. ”And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” (Revelation 22:12-15).

#17. “For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.” (Romans 11:21-22).

#18. “Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:12-13).

#19. ”Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” (Matthew 25:34-40).
“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.” (Matthew 25:41-46).

#20. ”His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.” (Matthew 25:21).
”And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 25:30).

#21. “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:10).

#22. “He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God” (John 8:47).

#23. “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7) (cf. 1 John 2:9-11).

#24. “For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:20).

#25. “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” (Matthew 7:24-27).

#26. “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21).

Supplementary verse:

“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication” (1 Thessalonians 4:3).

#27. “And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet [Jesus], shall be destroyed from among the people.” (Acts of the Apostles 3:23).

#28. “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.’ (John 15:5-6).

Supplementary verses:

(a) “Bring forth therefore fruits befitting for repentance” (Matthew 3:8).

(b) “And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” (Matthew 3:10).

#29. “And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.” (1 Peter 4:18-19).

#30. “For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:8-9).

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation with God is synergistic. While Jesus Christ (GOD) draws us, and can save us by His grace, we have to respond to that call. Jesus is not going to force us to accept His invitation. So there had to be some kind of free will choice involved when we chose to accept Jesus as our Savior. God's grace through faith in our Initial Salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9) is a two way street. The same is true with our Sanctification which is the secondary aspect of our salvation (2 Thessalonians 2:13) (Romans 8:13). We are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12). Paul said, I have kept the faith, I have run the race, I have fought the good fight (2 Timothy 4:7). So it's not just Christ alone forcing you to be a certain way doing everything for you. You have to choose each day to follow the Lord Jesus. So it's not just Christ alone (Implying that you don't have to do anything). You have to choose to follow Jesus. Jesus is not going to force you to follow Him.
You are drawing out what need not be drawn out. Salvation is of God, timeless by his nature, that change is best said in worldly terms as "in the twinkling of an eye." But salvation is not a worldly term, therefore the time that you refer to is only for those who prolong it by the ways of the world, and sanctification is merely God being true to his promise while one who will linger, lingers.

Thus, you are speaking of those who are only contemplating salvation having received the invitation, but not responding in full. The onus and responsibility you refer to is not after salvation, but before. This is the need Paul spoke of rightly dividing the word of truth--that is between those who are fully in Christ, and those not yet fully in. He preached to both, as were and are the gospels.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are drawing out what need not be drawn out. Salvation is of God, timeless by his nature, that change is best said in worldly terms as "in the twinkling of an eye." But salvation is not a worldly term, therefore the time that you refer to is only for those who prolong it by the ways of the world, and sanctification is merely God being true to his promise while one who will linger, lingers.

Thus, you are speaking of those who are only contemplating salvation having received the invitation, but not responding in full. The onus and responsibility you refer to is not after salvation, but before. This is the need Paul spoke of rightly dividing the word of truth--that is between those who are fully in Christ, and those not yet fully in. He preached to both, as were and are the gospels.

Paul said, I have fought the good fight. I have kept the faith. He was not lying when he said these things. Yes, Jesus is also the author and finisher of our faith, too. But both sets of Scriptures are true. One is not true and the other is accurate. Both are true. This means things are synergistic. We have our part, and God can do His part through us. But we must take a step out in faith first when God draws us. God is not going to believe for us. God is not going to obey for you despite your resistance.

Do you believe Scripture when it says God will judge His people?
If so... then there should be no judgment of His people if God does everything for us and we are free of any responsibility to do anything for God.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or if you believe really hard on the finished work of the cross. Christians have tried to employ such nonsense of them believing really hard on the finished work of the cross to overcome sin, and nothing happened.

Nothing * HAD* to happen .....What was required to be Saved had already taken place —- They Trusted Jesus .....NOT their Performance .....” not by good Works , lest any man should Boast” .....you continue to confuse Sanctification with Salvation....

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BELIEVE to get and stay Saved....The “Good Works” Will Follow naturally because God is working within you and transforming you into the Image Of His Son.......these good Works May take time to manifest themselves....they may not even be visible to the self- Righteous and self- appointed “Fruit Inspectors” like this Clod in the video....

If works just come naturally or automatically then why does Paul say we have to be careful to maintain good works in Titus 3:8? Were you not paying attention to the verse that he quoted in the video? He also points out in Titus 3:14 (BSB) says, “And our people must also learn to devote themselves to good works in order to meet the pressing needs of others, so that they will not be unfruitful.” Again, to be unfruitful means one denies God (Titus 1:16). The unprofitable servant was cast into outer darkness where there was weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:30). Faith without works is dead (James 2:17). Can a dead faith save you? The list goes on and on in the Bible. Warning after warning that you have to ignore over and over. That’s why when you face the Lord Jesus at the Judgment, there will be no excuse for this wrong belief that you hold to.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
or if you believe really hard on the finished work of the cross. Christians have tried to employ such nonsense of them believing really hard on the finished work of the cross to overcome sin, and nothing happened.
Nothing * HAD* to happen .....What was required to be Saved had already taken place —- They Trusted Jesus .....NOT their Performance .....” not by good Works , lest any man should Boast” .....you continue to confuse Sanctification with Salvation....

No. You are the one who is confused as to what the Bible really teaches, friend. The Bible teaches that Sanctification IS also a part of our salvation after we are saved by God’s grace. I have given you 30 points in Scripture to prove this. You can start by explaining one verse at a time or at least dealing with explaining a couple of them.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Initial Salvation

Darn the bad luck! I just can’t seem to find a verse anywhere in the Bible That says that Salvation is “divvied- up” into separate parts! I’ll continue to search....maybe it’s “ somewhere in the Back”.... lol...

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Initial Salvation

Darn the bad luck! I just can’t seem to find a verse anywhere in the Bible That says that Salvation is “divvied- up” into separate parts! I’ll continue to search....maybe it’s “ somewhere in the Back”.... lol...

You are simply being childish, and you are not dealing with this topic properly in truth. Ephesians 2:8-9 is talking about Initial Salvation in context because Ephesians 2:1 says you have been quickened (made alive). When did that happen? Well, most believers hold to the view that such a thing happens when they are Initially Saved. Ephesians 2:8 compares being saved (sav-ED - past tense) by God’s grace like the receiving of a gift. How many times you receive a gift? Just one time, right? So this is again referring to Initial Salvation. The same can be said for Romans 4:2-5, Titus 3:5, etcetera. Paul was not referring to how you can just have a belief in Jesus as the Savior and not worry about living holy and or doing good works. In fact, Paul says one can deny God by being reprobate unto every good work. So you need works in order to not deny God.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” (Revelation 22:14-15).

True! But what are the “ Commandments?” The WILL Of God is to “BELIEVE” on the One that HE Sent”. Do “that” and you are good to go....

Jesus left us with only Two Commandments after He ascended back to Heaven—- #1 Believe. #2 Love.........

Do you Need a “Law” to keep in order to make you feel more comfortable , seeing as how you don’t know how to simply “ Trust” in what has ALREADY been done for you? Is your Faith “ that” weak? OK.....this will make you feel better —— There * IS* One Law! Paul called it “ The Law Of Christ”.....Are you ready? Here it comes—— “Take on the Burdens Of others”

Happy , Pappy? You got your “ Law” to justify yourself ....sleep well....

( By The Works Of The Law,NO FLESH will be Justified)

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, doing good for salvation after being saved by God's grace is mocked even though the Bible teaches it.

It OUGHT to be “Mocked”——-SAVED by Grace and then “ kept” Saved” by being “ good widdle boys and girls” .....Paul said to FINISH our Christian Walk the same way we STARTED it —— FAITH! Read Galatians ...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, have it your way, BH! I'm finished with it. Said my part on the matter.

DON’T LEAVE! You can’t change the mind of somebody that is as “ Stiff- Necked” as this poor, Confused , Bible- Ignorant “ Babe in Christ” ( that “ babe”remark just “ might” be cutting him a lot of slack! He may not even be Saved! Paul says that if you teach a “ False Gospel”,you are Damned! Gal1:8)

Do like I do and use these “ Fallen From Grace” Types as “ Springboards” to get the TRUTH of the Gospel Of Grace out their to rescue the Newbies in the crowd before “ they “ get ruined by the Leaven-Contamination Of The Religionist, Modern-Day Judaizers In here....

So I plead with you not to leave....Your Postings , which are replete with the understanding of God's Word, has saved me a Fortune in Computer Ink—-I am on a fixed- income and I was down to my last barrel.....lol....please reconsider ...Those Of us that will Fight For the True Gospel Of Grace are few and far between...somebody has to do it.....I *LIVE* for it....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So beware lest you tread on your Savior by continuing in sin, because

You “ Tread on the *BLOOD* ( typically, you got it wrong) Of The Savior when you put forth your SelF- Righteous Performance ( your good works) as your means Of Justification.....That “ Justification” gets determined by Two Things—-#1 The Shed Blood Of Jesus at the Cross. #2 Your Faith in #1