The Proof of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you do every thing perfect ? i dont hide anything like that my point isssssss i am saved born again blood bought child of the King i have a know so salvation !!!:) while your busy wanting to take the spec out of my eye ..answer this HAVE YOU EVER GOT ANGRY ? HAVE YOU EVER SINNED SINCE being saved . peter very much had the indwelling of the spirit he was convicted he wept judas on the other hand hung himself . what do you think the Holy spirit does ? john 16
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is expedient for you that I go away, for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.

8 And when He is come, He will reprove the world concerning sin, and concerning righteousness, and concerning judgment:

9 concerning sin, because they believe not in Me;

10 concerning righteousness, because I go to My Father and ye see Me no more;

11 concerning judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12 “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 However when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth; for He shall not speak from Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak; and He will show you things to come.

14 He shall glorify Me, for He shall receive of Mine, and shall show it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are Mine; therefore I said that He shall take of Mine, and shall show it unto you.

26 “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of Truth who proceedeth from the Father, He shall

testify of Me.

27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with Me from the beginning.

why do you think he wept? the Holy spirit that is in him pricked his heart .
As you stated above will come, this implies hadn’t came yet?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for the plank in your eye. I’m not here to testify of myself.
i am not either i share the story .to show what God can do and while your thinking bad things of me but not answer my question have you ever got angry ?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am not either i share the story .to show what God can do and while your thinking bad things of me but not answer my question have you ever got angry ?
I’m not thinking bad things of you. I think your a King and a Preist. To answer the question of anger, Yes; always a product of the flesh.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up on a farm. I understand mules and exactly what you mean.

Truth comes from knowledge. They go hand-in-hand.

How can somebody truly love if they don't know what why they love?
Actually Biblical spiritual truth that is really God in his totality (God is truth) does not emanate from the knowledge of God when the symbols or words are used more precisely. It is the reverse...

When God reveals himself and communicates to us by his voice or word, it is by or through his spirit or power of truth. This truth always brings his love and understanding and therefore knowledge of him. This love only comes from God’s truth and not from the truth of men. Jesus became the truth of God as God’s power worked and still works through him. Jesus partakes of the spirit of truth - with us. God’s power through, and used by his Son always conveyed unconditional love to us that no man can produce and possess alone. It only comes from God. God’s truth and thus love works through a true believer that is saved, ever since his/her became baptized with it.

Blessings,

APAK

Reactions: Acolyte

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Bible say we are saved by Love or repentance via grace and faith.

Love is a fruit of salvation, not the cause of salvation.

Grace means unmerited gift. It does not mean love.

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
5485 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
cavriß from (5463)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Charis 9:372,1298
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
khar'-ece Noun Feminine
Definition
  1. grace
    1. that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
  2. good will, loving-kindness, favour
    1. of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues
  3. what is due to grace
    1. the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace
    2. the token or proof of grace, benefit
      1. a gift of grace
      2. benefit, bounty
  4. thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward
Well there you go: " lovingkindness". I never looked it up, but it's the very word I used.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what i thought you dont know anything about the mule looking at the new gate,,,,,,,,,yes i speak real good English the old mule is stubborn he does not always react to commands like he should.. he is hard headed he will balk . sometimes you have to use reverse physiology om them. <make them think its there idea> if you cant understand that.. read CoreIssue post . maybe your mule will understand lol i live in the country we use the expression like a mule looking at a new gate all the time or there a few bricks shy of a load

Oh, that explains it...you're speaking Hillbilly!:D

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Biblical spiritual truth that is really God in his totality (God is truth) does not emanate from the knowledge of God when the symbols or words are used more precisely. It is the reverse...

When God reveals himself and communicates to us by his voice or word, it is by or through his spirit or power of truth. This truth always brings his love and understanding and therefore knowledge of him. This love only comes from God’s truth and not from the truth of men. Jesus became the truth of God as God’s power worked and still works through him. Jesus partakes of the spirit of truth - with us. God’s power through, and used by his Son always conveyed unconditional love to us that no man can produce and possess alone. It only comes from God. God’s truth and thus love works through a true believer that is saved, ever since his/her became baptized with it.

Blessings,

APAK
Well there you go: " lovingkindness". I never looked it up, but it's the very word I used.

But you cannot find a single verse in the Bible that says salvation is by love.

Not to mention your total disregard of these parts of the definition which are supported by Bible verses.

1. what is due to grace
      1. a gift of grace
      2. benefit, bounty
  2. thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no body is denying Love i reject saved by Love it is his love that give us Grace .if you can show me a scripture that plainly says saved by Love .i would like to see it

You just like to argue over words. :D
Can't you think critically just a teensey bit?
The definition says grace is: lovingkindness. So if someone says we are saved by Gods lovingkindness, they have not gone all heretic. :rolleyes:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just like to argue over words. :D
Can't you think critically just a teensey bit?
The definition says grace is: lovingkindness. So if someone says we are saved by Gods lovingkindness, they have not gone all heretic. :rolleyes:

And again you are forgetting the rest of the definition in which parts actually fit the Bible on salvation.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you cannot find a single verse in the Bible that says salvation is by love.

Not to mention your total disregard of these parts of the definition which are supported by Bible verses.

1. what is due to grace
      1. a gift of grace
      2. benefit, bounty
  2. thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward
I'm at the mad hatters tea party! One lump, not two, please.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And again you are forgetting the rest of the definition in which parts actually fit the Bible on salvation.

It doesn't fit the bible on salvation to say you are saved by Gods lovingkindness, through trust...?

Lord save us from lawyers! :p

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its like...if someone were to say: you will not be let out until you pay the last penny, you would argue they are changing scripture because it doesn't say penny, it says farthing!

Do you drive your wife crazy? o_O

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its like...if someone were to say: you will not be let out until you pay the last penny, you would argue they are changing scripture because it doesn't say penny, it says farthing!

Do you drive your wife crazy? o_O

We've been driving each other crazy for 46 years.

Having lived in Scotland penny, pence or farthing work for me.

If you want to go real cheap go hapence.

Which gives rise to the question when Brextit is done will they returne to the old money system. Hapence, pence, thrupny, shilling, bob, crown, Pound etc.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which gives rise to the question when Brextit is done will they returne to the old money system. Hapence, pence, thrupny, shilling, bob, crown, Pound etc.
Brexit won't be *done*. They will keep dithering and muddling along.