The Prophetic Timeline in Scriptures:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful brethren. The Jews like to create a false ascendancy over the majority of God's people, trying to make themselves somewhat, when in reality they only represent at most 1/3 of total Israelites in the world.

God scattered the ten northern tribes of Israel first. They were not known as Jews.

Apostle Paul in Romans 9 proclaimed those that were not a people, would become God's people, the sons of the Living God. Paul quoted that from the Book of Hosea to Roman Christians.

Thing is, the Book of Hosea was a prophecy given to the northern ten tribes of Israel, called the "house of Israel" in that time, separate from the Jews. God was getting ready to end the northern "kingdom of Israel", and symbolically called them, 'Lo-ammi' (not My people), because they had fallen to idols against Him. But still they would be as many as the stars of the sky, and sands of the sea, and they would eventually be called the sons of the Living God (Hosea 1:9-10; Romans 9:24-26).

The reason Paul did that shows he was well aware that God would scatter the ten tribes of Israel among the Gentiles, and that during Paul's commission to preach The Gospel to Gentiles, that would include scattered Israelites among those Gentiles, and both... would become one in Jesus Christ, becoming His Church.

This is why the majority of God's Birthright Blessings were removed from Jerusalem by its destruction in 586 B.C. by the king of Babylon, and in 70 A.D. by the Romans. There has never been a king of the house of David to sit upon a throne there since. The blessing of the greatest military power, the blessing of the best resources of land, the blessing of as many seed as the stars and sands of the sea, and especially the Blessing of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, is not found in Jerusalem today. All that is found in the Christian west and its Christian allies. Like Jesus said in Matthew 21:40-43, the care of His vineyard would be taken from those wicked men who killed the son, and it would instead be given to "a nation" that would bring forth the fruits.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jay, God had other nations to chastise Israel for their idol worship in the OT. They were carried away by them. In all those times the Jewish Temple was destroyed.

However, God did not set them aside and turn to the Gentiles for about 2000 years as He did when they, Israel, crucified God's Son.

H.R it seems that you are happy to debunk the OT prophecies as being irrelevant to this present time and as such the people who hold to the same view as you, and there are members of this forum who express the same opinion as you, have jumped onto the same coincidence as you have that since, the Nations of the world disbursed Israel to the four corners of the earth around 40 years after the crucifixion of Christ, that the trigger for their disbursal then must be their crucifixion of Christ around the year 30 AD. The OT told what was going to happen to the Temple, that the temple mound would be ploughed like a field and left desolate and that Jerusalem would be left desolated and devastated for a period of time that would be around 2,000 years long, but the time period of around 2,000 years as found in the original Hebrew texts has become hidden by the tradition of man's understanding, interpretation and translation into our present day English translations. Now if people cannot perceive the truth of the matter that I speak of then that is okay by me because God through His Heavenly Host also foretold us that the true understanding of the end times would not be revealed until the time of the End Times occurring, i.e. as in the Book of Daniel.

I stated what I believe and it seems you have a different opinion. That is okay. But It doesn't make your opinion greater than mine.

If you read the Book of Jeremiah you will read of the problem that Jeremiah had in informing the Israelites of what would be happening to them because their belief system had been build line/lie upon line/lie and they were relying on the "Temple" to save them and not on God and adherence to His Statutes for their salvation. People wanted to kill Jeremiah because they believed that their "Opinion" was more correct than Jeremiah. Sadly the same storyline is being repeated today and the consequences will be just as dire as it was back in Jeremiah's time.

You say my opinion is a lie. I didn't say that about yours, I did not say you are lying. But you get off on saying things like that to others. . . .

But H.R you did because you said that you were returning the favour in your response to my first post in this thread. Here is what you posted: -

There are many that see it the way you do and I perceive that it is not correct and is a lie. In other words you said what I believe is a lie so I am returning the favor. Thanks for your views.

You are arrogant in your pride and it is obvious that you love to stroke it in your replies to other. That is why I try to avoid replying to anything you write and I think others are avoiding it too. IMHO, you do not display any of the fruits of the Spirit.

Gal 5:22-25
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control.
Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
NKJV

There are many on forums just like you so maybe that will comfort you.

H.R your response to my provision of scripture above is to attack the person and to condemn the person, in this case me, by my "style" of posting and also claiming that I do not displays any of the fruits of the spirit.

H.R. a better response would have been for you to provide scripture to support your claim that it was the rejection of Jesus that cause God to scatter all of the Israelites to the four corners of the earth. The Israelites in the land of Canaan had already rejected God by not repenting during the previous 490 years of their idolatrous behaviours. Rejecting Christ did not add to their sin of rejecting God before the first Advant.

H.R if you want to show that I am in error then please provide the scriptures that back up your opinion that the scattering of the Israelites was because of their rejection of Christ. Otherwise the purpose of the OP will be lost.

I await your response with your proof scriptures to back up your opinion.

Shalom

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Be careful brethren. The Jews like to create a false ascendancy over the majority of God's people, trying to make themselves somewhat, when in reality they only represent at most 1/3 of total Israelites in the world.

God scattered the ten northern tribes of Israel first. They were not known as Jews.

Apostle Paul in Romans 9 proclaimed those that were not a people, would become God's people, the sons of the Living God. Paul quoted that from the Book of Hosea to Roman Christians.

Thing is, the Book of Hosea was a prophecy given to the northern ten tribes of Israel, called the "house of Israel" in that time, separate from the Jews. God was getting ready to end the northern "kingdom of Israel", and symbolically called them, 'Lo-ammi' (not My people), because they had fallen to idols against Him. But still they would be as many as the stars of the sky, and sands of the sea, and they would eventually be called the sons of the Living God (Hosea 1:9-10; Romans 9:24-26).

The reason Paul did that shows he was well aware that God would scatter the ten tribes of Israel among the Gentiles, and that during Paul's commission to preach The Gospel to Gentiles, that would include scattered Israelites among those Gentiles, and both... would become one in Jesus Christ, becoming His Church.

This is why the majority of God's Birthright Blessings were removed from Jerusalem by its destruction in 586 B.C. by the king of Babylon, and in 70 A.D. by the Romans. There has never been a king of the house of David to sit upon a throne there since. The blessing of the greatest military power, the blessing of the best resources of land, the blessing of as many seed as the stars and sands of the sea, and especially the Blessing of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, is not found in Jerusalem today. All that is found in the Christian west and its Christian allies. Like Jesus said in Matthew. 21:40-43, the care of His vineyard would be taken from those wicked men who killed the son, and it would instead be given to "a nation" that would bring forth the fruits.

Your reference to the Parable of the Wicked Vine Dressers does not speak of God rejecting all of the Jews living at that time in the Land of Canaan but it is addressed to the tribe of the Levites who were the vine dressers during the first Advent of Christ, as they were the Levitical Priesthood charged with providing the spiritual guidance for all of Israel. Here is the Parable to read: -

Matthew__21:33-46: - The Parable of the Wicked Vinedressers
(Mark 12:1-12; Luke 20:9-19)

33 "Hear another parable: There was a certain landowner who planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a winepress in it and built a tower. And he leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country. 34 Now when vintage-time drew near, he sent his servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive its fruit. 35 And the vinedressers took his servants, beat one, killed one, and stoned another. 36 Again he sent other servants, more than the first, and they did likewise to them. 37 Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' 38 But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, 'This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.' 39 So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him.

40 "Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?"

41 They said to Him, "He will destroy those wicked men miserably, and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons."

42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:

'The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
This was the Lord's doing,
And it is marvelous in our eyes'?​

43 "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. 44 And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder."

45 Now when the chief priests and Pharisees heard His parables, they perceived that He was speaking of them. 46 But when they sought to lay hands on Him, they feared the multitudes, because they took Him for a prophet.​

Now let us examine the people being spoke to by Christ. Verse 45 provides the answer, they were the Levitical priesthood of Jesus' day. He was not address all of the other tribes of the Israelites/Jews.

Ezekiel tells us that God will judge the Levitical Priesthood when God gathers all of the Israelites to Himself in our near future when He foretold this: -

Ezekiel__34:20-24: - 20 'Therefore thus says the Lord God to them: "Behold, I Myself will judge between the fat and the lean sheep. 21 Because you have pushed with side and shoulder, butted all the weak ones with your horns, and scattered them abroad, 22 therefore I will save My flock, and they shall no longer be a prey; and I will judge between sheep and sheep. 23 I will establish one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them — My servant David. He shall feed them and be their shepherd. 24 And I, the Lord, will be their God, and My servant David a prince among them; I, the Lord, have spoken.​

When will both prophecies be fulfilled?

When God's Everlasting Kingdom is established on the earth in our near future as foretold in the Daniel__2 Statue Prophecy during the time of those kings when the "stone" rejected by the builders comes down out of Heaven and falls on those who will be ground into dust/powder to be blown away by the wind. The establishment of the Everlasting Kingdom of God and the appearance of the foundational stone out of Heaven will occur in our near future when all of Israel will be redeemed/save when the nations of the Earth are judged for their trampling of God's sanctuary in Jerusalem.

So who rejected Jesus in Jerusalem 2,000 or so years ago? It was the Levitical priesthood who enticed the "supporting crowd" to have Jesus crucified. Not all of Israel were a party to the Levitical priesthood's intent, since their was great turmoil in Jerusalem when Christ died on the cross.

It was the Levitical Priesthood that Jesus was addressing and He clearly stated that the priesthood of God would be given to another nation, i.e. people group/tribe.

We "christians" need to be careful when we rush into our pronouncements over the Israelites and our condemnation of them. We often read more into a passage than is there.

Shalom

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We "christians" need to be careful when we rush into our pronouncements over the Israelites and our condemnation of them. We often read more into a passage than is there.
As Paul warned Gentile Christians "BE NOT HIGHMINDED, BUT FEAR".

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H.R it seems that you are happy to debunk the OT prophecies as being irrelevant to this present

I did not read any further than this because it is all about me.I am not going to argue with you. I had rather ignore you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did not read any further than this because it is all about me.I am not going to argue with you. I had rather ignore you.

So I can assume that you have no scriptural support for your opinion and as such your expressed opinions can be ignored and wpb'ed.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't make a reply without using the word YOU can you. Since I do not want to argue by making it personal I replace the word you with some or many but it seems there are some and many that just can't do that because there pride in wanting it to seem they have a greater knowledge.

You and I have always disagreed so it is nothing new to me.
It was "you" who made "your" original OP post assertions, so "I" directed it to "you" in my "reply."

Apparently "you" can dish it out but can't take it. No wonder you disagree. And here "you" are dishing it out again in a "personal" rely. Why then did you even post "your" comments--why are "you" even here? Did "you" think you had "greater knowledge?"

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was "you" who made "your" original OP post assertions, so "I" directed it to "you" in my "reply."

Apparently "you" can dish it out but can't take it. No wonder you disagree. And here "you" are dishing it out again in a "personal" rely. Why then did you even post "your" comments--why are "you" even here? Did "you" think you had "greater knowledge?"

So you admit it. You are directing your writing to me, personally. That is a major problem. YOU< YOU< YOU< should direct your comments to what is in the OP. I am not the subject of the OP.

Obviously you think YOU have a greater knowledge than I. Your further comments are made because of your pride and I feel no need to address your foolishness.

Why don't you see if you can reply to the subject of an OP without using the word YOU. The person making the OP is writing about a subject, not themselves, and that is what should be addressed in a reply.

But it seems some are not really interested in what an OP says but only in arguing with someone to show they have greater knowledge. These wwill follow a poster on every OP they make with put down comments. In other words they are full of pride and hate.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you admit it. You are directing your writing to me, personally. That is a major problem. YOU< YOU< YOU< should direct your comments to what is in the OP. I am not the subject of the OP.

Obviously you think YOU have a greater knowledge than I. Your further comments are made because of your pride and I feel no need to address your foolishness.

Why don't you see if you can reply to the subject of an OP without using the word YOU. The person making the OP is writing about a subject, not themselves, and that is what should be addressed in a reply.

But it seems some are not really interested in what an OP says but only in arguing with someone to show they have greater knowledge. These wwill follow a poster on every OP they make with put down comments. In other words they are full of pride and hate.
Wow...you personally made assertions by starting the thread, and you made it personal by going on to make your own personal claims. But when you are confronted, you turn and attack claiming that it is me and personal. Obviously, it is you and personal (not me at all)...as well as hypocritical, and a psychological projection complex.

I made a legitimate point worthy of discussion. But yeah, I don't need your foolishness either.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did that in my first post:

The problem with timeline interpretations about matters of God, is He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. No timeline.

See the problem here?
And it was YOU who made it personal:
No problem, you just refuse to believe that God is sovereign. You want to put Him in a box.

Deut 29:29
29 "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
NKJV

It seems that there are those that don't want people to see that their WAS an age of God dealing with the Jews under the Law of Moses and NOW< NOW< NOW, He deals with mankind based on their faith in His finished work on the cross.
...So, you want to apologies and talk about the OP subject?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with timeline interpretations about matters of God, is He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. No timeline.

See the problem here?
Hi Scott,

On this part . . . what is the problem? I don't see it.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever, therefore, what He said then is still true, and will remaint true. So if God said something would happen, we know it will happen. And if He said something would happen after that other thing happens, well, isn't that your timeline?

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scott,

On this part . . . what is the problem? I don't see it.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever, therefore, what He said then is still true, and will remaint true. So if God said something would happen, we know it will happen. And if He said something would happen after that other thing happens, well, isn't that your timeline?

Much love!
If we are interested in knowing and understanding the truth about God and the kingdom (both of which do not exist on a timeline), then context and perspective are completely off if we consider things on a timeline. On the contrary, considering things on a timeline would be man considering things of his own context, leaning on his own understanding.

There is certainly nothing wrong with looking at things within the timeline context...it's just so world-centered, and yet many/most seem to see it all as godly, just because it is in the scriptures. And that is the point: If we are looking at what is in the scriptures, we are to "rightly divide the word of truth." Which I would suggest is a dividing of the light of God, from the darkness of this world. The word contains both.

So then, the question becomes: What do we really want to attain from the word of God, how our own life and times will go, or the greater things of God? And if the greater things of God, then why would one expect to find the things of God hidden in the shadows of men's struggles to escape the things of this world? Why divide the word at all?

To answer your question, to not divide the word of God into what pertains to men and what pertains to God, is to live as a rodent who's eyes are not accustom to the light. I say, if we intend to seek God and his kingdom, then becoming accustom to that light of God would mean taking on a different focus and perspective.

Make sense?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are interested in knowing and understanding the truth about God and the kingdom (both of which do not exist on a timeline), then context and perspective are completely off if we consider things on a timeline. On the contrary, considering things on a timeline would be man considering things of his own context, leaning on his own understanding.

There is certainly nothing wrong with looking at things within the timeline context...it's just so world-centered, and yet many/most seem to see it all as godly, just because it is in the scriptures. And that is the point: If we are looking at what is in the scriptures, we are to "rightly divide the word of truth." Which I would suggest is a dividing of the light of God, from the darkness of world. It's all there.

So then, the question becomes: What do we really want to attain from the word of God, how our own life and times will go, or the greater things of God? And if the greater things of God, then why would one expect to find the things of God hidden in the shadows of men's struggles to escape the things of this world? Why divide the word at all?

To answer your question, to not divide the word of God into what pertains to men and what pertains to men, is to live as a rodent who's eyes are not accustom to the light. I say, if we intend to seek God and his kingdom, then becoming accustom to that light of God would mean taking on a different focus and perspective.

Make sense?
I'm sorry, not really!

Is it possible that God has a program of events He is planning, and that He wants us to know what it is?

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, not really!

Is it possible that God has a program of events He is planning, and that He wants us to know what it is?

Much love!
Of course. It's just that you never hear the other side of "rightly dividing the word of truth." All you hear is people talking about the things of this world.

That makes for a selfish application of the complete word of God, cherry-picking out just what pertains to life in the world. If we are only considering the things that God is doing in the world and considering how it may effect our life here, it's like listening to the weather. Which is not the point of God revealing Himself in his word. His intention is to rescue us from this world, not just to give us words to live by, but to advance us in His direction, "that where He is, we might be also."

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes for a selfish application of the complete word of God, cherry-picking out just what pertains to life in the world. If we are only considering the things that God is doing in the world and considering how it may effect our life here, it's like listening to the weather. Which is not the point of God revealing Himself in his word. His intention is to rescue us from this world, not just to give us words to live by, but to advance us in His direction, "that where He is, we might be also."
Hi Scott,

While I think that God does want us to know His program, and therefore that there will be timeline, though we may not understand it well,

Your point is very sound that prophecy is to testify of Jesus. And God's program is indeed to rescue us from these worldly lives of the flesh. So, both?

I don't recall if you've mentioned this before or not . . . I see us as having a physical resurrection, and that we will live in a new heaven and earth, that is, we will stand in material bodies on a material earth, though we will live in and experience the heavenly realm as well, as it were the veil no longer dividing the two. Is this your understanding?

Much love!