The Psalms

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brett

May 25, 2007
Today we have come to neglect one of our Lords wishes that we sing His Psalms. Why? Why, when the Bible plainly tells us to do so do most of todays churches neglect this command?See the attachment for why.

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
(Brett;11204)
Today we have come to neglect one of our Lords wishes that we sing His Psalms. Why? Why, when the Bible plainly tells us to do so do most of todays churches neglect this command?See the attachment for why.
I've never met a Christian that would refuse to sing a psalm, given a suitable opportunity. Probably people sing the songs they are most familiar with, like what they heard as a child? I am accustomed to Christians singing psalms often, and also reciting them. I am also accustomed to hear other spiritual singing as well. Perhaps there is a group that never sings, though. I've heard of stranger things, and there are so many types of groups out there.Anyway...
smile.gif
...Come, let us sing to the Lord, and shout with joy to the rock who saves us...
smile.gif

Brett

May 25, 2007
Hello B,midbar. Thank you for your reply.Here in Australia many churches refuse to sing the Psalms.I was , for a short while, in a Baptist congregation in Queensland and when the subject was brought up by my wife why they didnt sing them you could almost see the anger building. They prefered to sing one sentence songs, childs music. Vain repetition. Another of the same in the area also refused to sing them and only sung strange chorus songs taken out of actual songs, with modern hip music.At a Presbyterian church in Victoria they refuesed to sing Psalms. Most AOG churches either refuse to sing them, preferring to sing almost rock songs.I write for those who know no better and have been misled.I am happy to see you yourself do sing what God has asked us to.Stay in the truth, and may the Lord ever lead you in it.