The Queen Of Heaven Is A Devil!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Our good works do not earn us forgiveness of sins or the deposit of the Spirit.

We do good works because God makes us good. It is called the fruit of the Spirit. Not your fruit.

Pom, do you agree with this?

Acts 17:28a
For in him we live, and move, and have our being;

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
aspen said:
So the discipline is different? Rather than directing change, it is restricted to punishment?
Yes aspen, it's different. Our fourth grade teacher isn't omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent. The only result from God is change.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Yes aspen, it's different. Our fourth grade teacher isn't omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent. The only result from God is change.
Discipline is discipline. Faith in God, by itself is not change. Faith alone is dead. We are called to have faith in God so that He can complete a good work within us. We are called to have faith that He will transform back into perfect lovers of God and neighbor - this is the good news and our salvation.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
aspen said:
We are called to have faith in God so that He can complete a good work within us.
But notice that God is the one who began the good work in you, and God will be the one that carries it too completion.

Phil 1:6 NIV being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
But notice that God is the one who began the good work in you, and God will be the one that carries it too completion.

Phil 1:6 NIV being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
You are the person who has decided that am relying on my works, not me

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
aspen said:
ATP - discipline is only given out if a change in behavior is the goal. Anything less is punishment
"Discipline is training that makes punishment unnecessary." (Citadel plebe handbook)

God's discipline is pedagogical. (paraphrase of Early Church Fathers)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Well, I dunno. Are you relying on your works?
How coy

This conversation was steered by you as soon as you started interacting with me. It, like most conversations on this board is geared towards two questions:

1. Asking clarification about whether or not authors are posting orthodox posts
2. Determining whether or not the author of a post is REALLY a Christian.

Like I have stated before, constant testing of other Christians is mandatory - after all, no matter how well you know each other or for how long a time period, you are most likely interacting with a wolf in sheep's clothing. And we are only as Christian and our last orthodox statement.....

So much for faith in OSAS.....the crazy thing is that the OSAS folks are always the most compulsive checkers.

Once again, you are the person that has decided that I am relying on my works for salvation, not me

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
aspen said:
So much for faith in OSAS.....the crazy thing is that the OSAS folks are always the most compulsive checkers.

Once again, you are the person that has decided that I am relying on my works for salvation, not me
Well you are relying on your works if you believe OSAS is false. Do you have scripture to prove OSAS is false.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BlackManINC said:
Just curious, what the hell do you mean by "OSAS"?
It is the 500 year old belief that we are required to ask Jesus into your heart once and you are instantly saved. Once Saved Always Saved - otherwise known as easy salvation

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
It is the 500 year old belief that we are required to ask Jesus into your heart once and you are instantly saved. Once Saved Always Saved - otherwise known as easy salvation
There are verses that appear to support the idea and just as many others that do not. Christians have been arguing about it since Luther

BlackManINC

Feb 21, 2014
aspen said:
Ahh I see, no wonder I was referred to by this term, because its a term referring to the few that adheres to sound Bible doctrine, got it.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OSAS is the only truth there is.

Rom 8:31-39 ESV What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

BlackManINC

Feb 21, 2014
ATP said:
OSAS is the only truth there is.

Rom 8:31-39 ESV What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Amen, its about the only shred of truth I've seen on most of this site about the Bible in general.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." - 1 Corinthians 9:27

"If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:11-14

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." - Matthew 10:22

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." - Matthew 24:13

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." - Mark 13:13

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed." - John 8:31

"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." - James 1:12

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
BlackManINC said:
Amen, its about the only shred of truth I've seen on most of this site about the Bible in general.
We have been adopted into an inheritance by the seal of God which makes us heirs of Christ. The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children Rom 8:16 NIV, and we are shielded by God's power 1 Peter 1:5 NIV.

aspen said:
"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." - 1 Corinthians 9:27

"If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:11-14

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." - Matthew 10:22

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." - Matthew 24:13

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." - Mark 13:13

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed." - John 8:31

"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." - James 1:12
Enduring and running the race is about winning or losing crowns in heaven. It has nothing to do with salvation.

Matt 6:20 NIV But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

1 Cor 9:24-27 NIV Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

1 - CROWN 1 - CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS— LOVED THE LORD'S APPEARING - 2 Tim 4:8
2 - CROWN 2 - INCORRUPTIBLE CROWN— DISCIPLINED BODIES / SELF-CONTROL - 1 Cor 9:25-27
3 - CROWN 3 - CROWN OF LIFE— ENDURED PATIENTLY THRU TRIALS - James 1:12, Rev 2:10
4 - CROWN 4 - CROWN OF GLORY— GODLY LEADERS WHO WERE EXAMPLES TO FLOCK - 1 Pet 5:2-4
5 - CROWN 5 - CROWN OF REJOICING— SOUL WINNERS CROWN - 1 Thess 2:19, Dan 12:3

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can we be assured of our own salvation if St. Paul wasn't (1 Corinthians 9:27)?

Salvation is not a "one time" event, but an ongoing process until "the end" (Matthew 10:22; 24:13; Mark 13:13).

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
aspen said:
How can we be assured of our own salvation if St. Paul wasn't (1 Corinthians 9:27)?
He is referring to being a castaway by men, not God.

aspen said:
Salvation is not a "one time" event, but an ongoing process until "the end" (Matthew 10:22; 24:13; Mark 13:13).
Incorrect. Salvation is a one time event. Sanctification is the on going process. Again, enduring and running the race is about crowns in heaven.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
mjrhealth said:
If you believe that than you have never met Him. Jesus is my best friend,mate if you should put it that way. and He would have it no other way.

Aspen, what has religion got to do with having a relationship with God. religion told me there is a God, God Himself taught me about Himself without the religion.Do you really thing God needs.

Religion to save anyone,
a clergy, hierarchy to save anyone,
even the bible to reach out to and save anyone,

If your answer is yes, than you missed the whole thing. Religion puts chains around His feet,it puts shackles upon His hands, it puts a gag across His mouth,and says only we can talk to God, you want Him you go though us. I have learned more about my Father and Jesus than I was ever taught whilst a religious person, I received the Holy Spirit before I even knew there was such a thing.Religion will always keep you a slave to it, Jesus came so we could have Life in Him, to set us free, but we must choose whom we serve, Him or religion, which will it be.

And thanks Blackmaninc, you are right on, they confuse His works withe their works.

In all His love.
Well if that is the case he is your best friend I could just slip up aside the Quuen and call her lizzie then.

Please, he is a King, you are a servant, never once in all of scripture did he refer to any of them as his FRIENDS, and he was physically present with them.

NOT A SINGLE ONE.

Now if the King never even said it of the people he was physically in contact with, then how is it you can be so arrogant to say he is a friend?

You may love him, but he is NOT a friend. Friend has to be accepted by both parties.