The Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Bible the Word of God and for that reason is the Catching Away, a.k.a. the Rapture, a fact?

• Total voters

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Dude... why don't you just say, "Sorry for judging you and your friends when I don't even know you or them" and then maybe talk to me about what it's like when me and my friends hang out instead of trying to save your ego by posting a bunch of mumbo jumbo... I mean seriously guy... do you even know how to just talk to someone on an equal level or is this the way you normally interact with people? Is it common for you to make totally and completely uninformed judgments about people and then when you're called on it you start quoting a bunch of irrelevant nonsense?haha... if so I'm sure you're a real joy to be around.

TWC

Dec 1, 2008
Pharisees will be Pharisees...

This whole thread seems to have turned into one of those "letter of the law vs. spirit of the law" debates. In that sense, it has actually stayed somewhat on topic. :rolleyes:

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
I really don't think it matters Tom, you would disagree with what ever I say. If I said grass was green you would say I was wrong. I could share my experiences with Jesus and Father but because they are of a real spiritual nature and not correlative with religious paradigm I doubt you would understand.

We are called to test the spirits against the Standard God has had recorded for us, the Bible. Anything that runs contrary to that is "not" of or by God, ie. fishing over a few beers instead of assembling ourselves together to worship and to study Godś Word. (Heb. 10:25)

FAITHFUL: Wah Wah Wah, Wah Wah, Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah
CHRISTIAN: Wah Wah, Wah Wah, Wah Wah Wah

charlie_brown_cartoon-5355.jpg

hahahahhahahah
Robie,
This is the fruit that as Christians we are to judge and as rotten as his is it did not grow on now was it picked from a good tree, it stinks, spiritually speaking!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think jiggyfly is totally in the wrong here...

[sup]20[/sup]Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. [sup]21[/sup]For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. - 2 Peter 1:20, 21

The King James Version of the Bible, is an English translation by the Church of England of the Christian Bible begun in 1604 and completed in 1611. James gave the translators instructions intended to guarantee that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology and reflect the episcopal structure of the Church of England and its beliefs about an ordained clergy. The translation was by 47 scholars, all of whom were members of the Church of England. In common with most other translations of the period, the New Testament was translated from Greek, the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew text, while the Apocrypha were translated from the Greek and Latin.

So our Bible has came down through history being spoke first by the men of God as moved by the Holy Ghost.

Years ago a teenage girl in our church got 'drunk in the Spirit.' You could not talk to her , she would only give you a heavenly laugh in return. Well, the next night she testified. She said that she did not sleep for reading the Bible all night long. That's the Holy Ghost! When you get filled with the Holy Ghost you will take an immediate interest in the word of God!

So the KJV was the first Bible?

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Dude... why don't you just say, "Sorry for judging you and your friends when I don't even know you or them" and then maybe talk to me about what it's like when me and my friends hang out instead of trying to save your ego by posting a bunch of mumbo jumbo... I mean seriously guy... do you even know how to just talk to someone on an equal level or is this the way you normally interact with people? Is it common for you to make totally and completely uninformed judgments about people and then when you're called on it you start quoting a bunch of irrelevant nonsense?haha... if so I'm sure you're a real joy to be around.

Robbie,
Disrespect is not of God and he is not a 'Dude.' The Mumbo Jumbo you have just, in ignorance, defamed is one of the most interesting and one of the finest pieces of Christian, extra-biblical, literature ever written. There is life lesson after life lesson to be learned from this book!

Pharisees will be Pharisees...

This whole thread seems to have turned into one of those "letter of the law vs. spirit of the law" debates. In that sense, it has actually stayed somewhat on topic. :rolleyes:

Yes, well, they do not seem to have the intellect to express an opinion on the Rapture but they are an excellent example of why the nation that was at the top of the list, when I enlisted in the Army, is now almost dead last among the Industrialized Nations of the World when education is the measure! I completed the Eighth Grade before I took the GED Test and made in the low 90's on it and I'm instructed now that it only takes 35 to pass and much of the nation can not make that score... sad! I suppose that is why a former Bible Teaching Proff. thought I held a Masters on the subject. We are declining fast and the young men think that being cute with quippy answers makes them smart.

TWC

Dec 1, 2008
Yes, well, they do not seem to have the intellect to express an opinion on the Rapture but they are an excellent example of why the nation that was at the top of the list, when I enlisted in the Army, is now almost dead last among the Industrialized Nations of the World when education is the measure! I completed the Eighth Grade before I took the GED Test and made in the low 90's on it and I'm instructed now that it only takes 35 to pass and much of the nation can not make that score... sad! I suppose that is why a former Bible Teaching Proff. thought I held a Masters on the subject. We are declining fast and the young men think that being cute with quippy answers makes them smart.
The only importance concerning the rapture is the multitude of people who are going to be unprepared when tribulation comes and they're still here. The only people who should concern themselves with the timing of the rapture are the pretribbers, because they're the only ones with anything to lose if they're wrong. I'm anticipating being here the entire time (unless I die first) and preparing my faith to be able to endure to the end as Christ commanded, therefore I have no reason to try and pinpoint when the rapture is supposed to occur (if at all). If scripture repeatedly emphasizes preparedness and endurance to the end, does it really take a rocket scientist or master theologian to see that a doctrine that states that believers won't even be here to the end might be somewhat suspect?

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
That argument is ridiculous Duckybill... the pharisees found their reason to crucify Jesus out of the bible... for exmple I have friends that are in magazines... what makes me more their friend... if I only read what they said in magazines and read what people said about them or if I call them up or hang out with them directly? By the Spirit we now have direct access... so what's a more real relationship with Jesus... reading what He was quoted as saying and talking to other people who have talked to Him or walking with Him and talking to Him directly every minute of every day... or do you even believe that's possible?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
That argument is ridiculous Duckybill... the pharisees found their reason to crucify Jesus out of the bible... for exmple I have friends that are in magazines... what makes me more their friend... if I only read what they said in magazines and read what people said about them or if I call them up or hang out with them directly? By the Spirit we now have direct access... so what's a more real relationship with Jesus... reading what He was quoted as saying and talking to other people who have talked to Him or walking with Him and talking to Him directly every minute of every day... or do you even believe that's possible?
Jesus of the Bible is God. Any 'Jesus' who isn't God isn't the Savior.

That argument is ridiculous Duckybill... the pharisees found their reason to crucify Jesus out of the bible...
They also denied that Jesus is God.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Then what do you mean? I mean you received the Word by reading about Him in the bible... Jiggy received the Word by hearing people talk about Him... where's the argument?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Then what do you mean? I mean you received the Word by reading about Him in the bible... Jiggy received the Word by hearing people talk about Him... where's the argument?
What "argument"? Those who don't follow God's written Word are begging to be deceived.

Psalm 119:105 (ESV)
[sup]105 [/sup]Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Those who don't follow God's written Word get lost.

MANY who say they believe in 'Jesus' will spend eternity in the everlasting fire.

Matthew 7:22-23 (ESV)
[sup]22 [/sup]On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ [sup]23 [/sup]And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
If it's following what's written that lights our feet how could the pharisees be so diligent about it and have been deceived and actually found their reason in the scriptures to crucify the King? I believe it's because what deceives us is in our heart... and if we don't change that even the scriptures will deceive us and in the worst way possible because we'll be egotistical about our ignorance... why do you think Satan used scripture to attack Jesus... because there's no greater darkness than when it's disguised as light...

and I agree about that last quote... I could see a lot of those people being those who only read about Him in a book... it's like going over to a movie stars house after reading every magazine about them... you walk in their door and you're like, "Hey man... I'm here... I know everything about you.. I've read everything written that you've said and people have said about you" and they're all, "Yeah but I don't know you and I'm calling the cops unless you get out of my house stalker" haha

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
... and if we don't change that even the scriptures will deceive us and in the worst way possible because we'll be egotistical about our ignorance... why do you think Satan used scripture to attack Jesus... because there's no greater darkness than when it's disguised as light...
The Scriptures deceive us???

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
haha... well considering some people have found bases on the scriptures to crucify Jesus, convince their congregation to drink poison fruit punch, to burn people at the stake, for countries to go to war, etc... I'd say yes... if your deceived in your heart yes... even the scriptures will be deception... because if the inside is dirty so is the outside... and the scriptures are outside...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
haha... well considering some people have found bases on the scriptures to crucify Jesus, convince their congregation to drink poison fruit punch, to burn people at the stake, for countries to go to war, etc... I'd say yes... if your deceived in your heart yes... even the scriptures will be deception... because if the inside is dirty so is the outside... and the scriptures are outside...
Yes, those who denied that Jesus is God crucified Him. Do you also deny that Jesus is God?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
First let me ask you a question... do you deny that the Word of God is Jesus and not paper and ink?
No, the Bible is the Word of God, also.

1 Corinthians 14:37-38 (NKJV)
[sup]37 [/sup]If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. [sup]38 [/sup]But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.