The Religious Mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1 Corinthians 11, it declares that if a man prays or prophesies having his head covered, he dishonours his head. And just previous to that it says that the head of every man is Christ. Therefore, if a man prays or prophesies with his head covered, he dishonours Christ.

And in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 we are told to pray without ceasing (to be in constant communion with the Lord).

So then, I am always praying; and therefore if I wear a hat to cover my head I am dishonouring the Lord.

There are those who would say that this is a peripheral issue; however in 1 Corinthians 11 the context speaks of the fact that this practice is because of the angels. What this means is that holy angels are stumbled by discrepancies in our propriety in worship: if a man prays or prophesies with his head covered; or if a woman prays or prophesies with her head uncovered: angels will be stumbled by the behaviour for specific reason.

It seems to be a thing that is least important; but in Luke 16:10 it is written that whosoever will be faithful in that which is least will be faithful in the greater things: and whoever is unjust in that which is least will be unfaithful in greater things.

So then, it is important.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clothes and hair can reflect the attitude of the heart.

Because God speaks on the issue of hair in 1 Corinthians 11; and on the issue of clothing in 1 Timothy 2:9-10 and 1 Peter 3:3-4.

It is therefore a matter of obedience; if Jesus is truly your Lord, you will obey Him on every issue.

Luke 16:10 applies. If you are faithful in that which is least, you will be faithful in that which is greater. And if you are unjust in that which is least, you will be unfaithful in that which is greater. On the other hand, the scribes and Pharisees strained out a gnat and swallowed a camel. They were meticulously obedient when it came to the tithing of their herbs; but when it came to the weightier matters of the law (justice, and mercy, and faith) they were severely lacking. However, Jesus said that these they should have done without leaving the other things undone (in other words, they should still not neglect to do that which is least; in that case tithing).

Now I have seen women who came to the Lord and all the clothing they had was skimpy. But there was something holy about them. And I believe that the Lord sanctified them later as they realized that the clothing they wore could be a stumbling block to their brother. And I know women who are yet unaware of what it says in 1 Corinthians 11 about hair; who continue to have short hair. I don't hassle with them. Sanctification is a process for many. I believe and know that if or when they come across the scripture that addresses the issue, they will be obedient to that scripture if they love the Lord. Or, really, their husbands. Because the 1 Corinthians 11 passage teaches that if they continue to wear their hair short, they are dishonouring their husbands (not necessarily the Lord). But if a man wears his hair long, he is dishonouring the Lord according to the passage; and it is also a shame to him.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask yourself the question, if it is true that a haircut shows forth sanctification, would I forsake faith in Christ because of it?

I know that I wouldn't...it is not that important of an issue to me.
show scripture saying we are sanctified by a hair cut ..i live in MO the show me state im waiting

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have it your way...

Go to Burger King rather than the church.
i attend church show me the scriptures ,that's all i ask it needs to have the words sanctified by a hair cut ..others wise your guilty of adding to the word of God

Reactions: Butterfly

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
show scripture saying we are sanctified by a hair cut ..i live in MO the show me state im waiting

1 Corinthians 11:1-16, 1 Thessalonians 5:17.

These passages tell us that if a man has long hair (covers his head) while praying or prophesying (which ought to be 24/7), that he dishonours his head...and that the head of every man is Christ.

You can look up these scriptures in your own Bible.

I will add that these principles are not based on culture or custom, according to verse 16.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i attend church show me the scriptures ,that's all i ask it needs to have the words sanctified by a hair cut ..others wise your guilty of adding to the word of God
Not really...the Lord can communicate things using different words entirely...for example, Philippians 2:12 says the exact same thing as 2 Peter 1:10, using different words entirely.

If I am guilty of adding to the word of God, then let the plagues come on me today.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if a man has long hair (covers his head) while praying or prophesying
really ? so if i am out side and pray with a hat on say its zero temps or hot day and i need to say a quick prayer your a legalist

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
next you will say woman cant wear pants
Jesus did say something specific in Matthew 5:17-20...and the principle of a man not wearing women's clothing, or a woman not wearing man's clothing, is found in the Old Testament.

I think because certain things are a step towards greater sins...transvestitism makes homosexuality more acceptable to society through the desensitization factor.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really ? so if i am out side and pray with a hat on say its zero temps or hot day and i need to say a quick prayer your a legalist
If you say so...

As Jesus spoke concerning becoming a eunuch...

he that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did say something specific in Matthew 5:17-20...and the principle of a man not wearing women's clothing, or a woman not wearing man's clothing, is found in the Old Testament.

I think because certain things are a step towards greater sins...transvestitism makes homosexuality more acceptable to society through the desensitization factor.
your to far out there in the o.t men wore robes women wore robes there was no such thing as pants in the o.t Leviticus 19:27 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard. :eek: if you use one law you must use them all

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that I am being faithful in that which is least, knowing that I would get flack for my stance on these scriptures.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your to far out there in the o.t men wore robes women wore robes there was no such thing as pants in the o.t Leviticus 19:27 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard. :eek: if you use one law you must use them all
We ought to be growing in sanctification...and holiness is defined by the law of God...for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Therefore if the law of the Lord defines something as sin, we ought not to do it. 1 Corinthians 15:34.

Of course, the spirit is more important than the letter.

However, the spirit is often defined by the letter.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you keep going deeper and deeper out of context

your getting flack because your taking it out of context .
I think that you just need to take the time to read the scriptures in question...and decide for yourself what the context dictates to you.

I encourage you to be a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11).

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that you just need to take the time to read the scriptures in question...and decide for yourself what the context dictates to you.

I encourage you to be a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11).
i have read them your either independent baptist or apostolic
We ought to be growing in sanctification...and holiness is defined by the law of God...for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Therefore if the law of the Lord defines something as sin, we ought not to do it. 1 Corinthians 15:34.

Of course, the spirit is more important than the letter.

However, the spirit is often defined by the letter.
the law points to sin shows us what sin is.. but does not save any one