The Revelation Ending

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Stefan

Mar 23, 2022
Peterborough
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What does the below phrase mean when it says in revelation and I quote below

" I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book if any adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book and if anyone takes away words from this book of prophecy God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city which are described in this book."

Please can someone explain what the above phrase means? I look forward to some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Reactions: MatthewG and Ziggy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello John,

This book means the letter itself and not the entire Bible though many do suggest and believe it is. You decide.

The contents and context regarding it all is the judgment that Jesus had laid out which are very descriptive and have purpose, so does all the rest of the chapter to those people then, however this does not negate the fact that the revelation can be useful to a person who reads and desired to understand it up and in and over all picture found in the end.

Those are some my thoughts on your question, I could be wrong you decide and think for yourself.

God bless,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: John Stefan

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus chose and taught directly those who were to be His witnesses to reveal Him publicly.
The only authority greater than theirs comes from God.
When they died Divine Revelation ended and what was divinely revealed is known as the Deposit of Faith. That's our entire faith. As we develop deeper understanding of the faith it's a deeper understanding of what was taught by them. John was the last of them to die and He is teaching that no one has authority to add to his words. With his death the public witness ended. The faith has been deposited on earth.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminds me of Jeremiah Chapter 36.
Jeremiah was told to write in a scroll all the evil that Israel, Judah, and all the nations had committed.
Jehoiakim who was King at the time, heard what was written in the scroll, and took a penknife and started cutting out things he didn't like.
Eventually the whole scroll was burned up in the fire.
So God told Jeremiah to write another scroll with everything the first scroll had in it.... plus.

Hugs