The rich man and the beggar at his gate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply and link. second, I read the link, just click the box under the more button where it says full screen and one can see it perfectly. but the part about the rich man in hell confirmed exactly what I said. but the writer of paper failed in the reasoning of the condition of the rich man being in hell. he said, "the rich man had mental agony, and that he had a tongue, eyes, and ears, but no soul". well that's a mistake. if one had eyes, to see, and ears to hear, ect... that consciousness which require a "soul", which the writer say he didn't have. for dead men, (that's natural or physical death), has no eyes to see, or ears to hear. because we do not see with our eyes or hear with our ears, and contrary to popular belief we don't see nor hear with our brains. no, it is the soul that perceives, so that confirm that the rich man had not yet physically died. but as said had an out of body experience. he was in the spiritual domain, that's how he could hear and see..ect...

but it was an interesting article on hell.

thanks very much for the link.

PICJAG.
Uh...…… that's why it was a "PARABLE."

Reactions: 101G

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok have a nice day ok, i know this is not easy stuff to contemplate, and imo what you "believe" right now is fine, there is no judgement for beliefs anyway, its where our faith is that matters right
No, not right. There's definitely judgement for what you believe or don't believe. Read your Bible, for goodness sake.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, not right. There's definitely judgement for what you believe or don't believe. Read your Bible, for goodness sake.
again, you are welcome to provide a Quote to bolster your argument and we can see, but right now all you are doing is making empty claims that you wadr cannot back up with Scripture, imo; "beliefs" are the standard in english maybe, but in the originals "have faith" has one stem and "belief" has five, and your argument is going to fail wadr bc the other four stems for "belief" have not been recognized prolly

one way to find out though huh? :D

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again, you are welcome to provide a Quote to bolster your argument and we can see, but right now all you are doing is making empty claims that you wadr cannot back up with Scripture, imo; "beliefs" are the standard in english maybe, but in the originals "have faith" has one stem and "belief" has five, and your argument is going to fail wadr bc the other four stems for "belief" have not been recognized prolly

one way to find out though huh? :D
Belief is faith.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Reactions: Willie T

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 16:24-26 . . Abraham said: Between us and you there is a great
chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not
be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.

The Greek word for "great chasm" refers to a nondescript space, viz: a gap,
without really specifying width, depth, or design. The distance across can't
be too much otherwise Abraham and the rich man would've had trouble
hearing and understanding one another's speech. Apparently translators
assumed the gap was large so they added the word "great". It seems far
more likely to me that the chasm Abraham spoke of is a sort of crevasse just
wide enough to prevent pedestrian traffic and deep enough to discourage
attempts.

Anyway, point being: I'm heaven-bound; but I'm not so sure about many of
my friends, relatives, and associates. If they fail to make the cut, I'm
crossing my fingers that there will be some way that I can contact them in
the afterlife after we've all passed on. It disturbs me to think there's a
possibility I might not be allowed to see any of them ever again until the day
of our final good-byes during the terrible event planned for Rev 20:11-15.
_

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
: Between us and you there is a great
chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not
be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.
Why would anyone wish to go from where father Abraham is to the place where the rich man is?

Yet Jesus says I am the way!

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don’t have a clue what you mean by that but i am sure it made sense to YOU when you wrote it.
well no offense but neither you nor willie has demonstrated any lies or twisting of Scripture right, and i have even gone so far as to agree that whatever you believe right now is fine? But see that is not good enough for those full of condemnation, who like to imagine that they are in Christ. So no offense but imo "you dont have a clue" is the best thing that can be derived from that, and that goes dbl for willie lol
you guys wearing the same uniform yet btw?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To bring relief; primarily with water. (Luke 16:24)
_
James 3:6 KJV
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

It's interesting to me that his primary interest is his tongue?

I mean wouldn't his ass have also been on fire if he's in hell as most describe?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well no offense but neither you nor willie has demonstrated any lies or twisting of Scripture right, and i have even gone so far as to agree that whatever you believe right now is fine? But see that is not good enough for those full of condemnation, who like to imagine that they are in Christ. So no offense but imo "you dont have a clue" is the best thing that can be derived from that, and that goes dbl for willie lol
you guys wearing the same uniform yet btw?
Whenever @Willie T post something at least I understand what he is saying. Most of the time I don’t understand what you are saying. Also, he is more articulate than me. As far as twisting Scripture OR who has a “clue” between the three of us is subjective.

Would you care to get back to the subject at hand?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard His parables,
they perceived that He spake of them.
But when they sought to lay hands on Him,
they feared the multitude,
because they took Him for a prophet.'

(Mat 21:45-46)

'And the Pharisees also, who were covetous,
heard all these things: and they derided Him.
And He said unto them,
Ye are they which justify yourselves before men;
but God knoweth your hearts:
for that which is highly esteemed among men
is abomination in the sight of God.'

(Luke 16:14-15)

(Luke 16:19-31)

Hello @Waiting on him,

What the Lord Jesus thought of the Pharisees and their teaching is well documented: He denounced them. It was the teaching of the Pharisee that made the word of God of none effect (Matthew 15:6 & Mark 7:13) , that was the very essence of their sin and it's condemnation. The story of the rich man and Lazarus was one told to illustrate their teachings, and expose the hypocrisy of it. The word, 'beware', is not used often in Scripture, but it is used in connection with the teaching of the Pharisee in Matthew 16: 6 & 11-12, Mark 8:15 and Luke 12:1 which was hypocrisy.

If man were not so blinded by the traditional view of the death state, they would not be taken in by 'The Rich Man and Lazarus', but would see it for what it is. The word 'Beware' has not been taken heed of: and this story has been used and misused to expound the lies of tradition in regard to death for far too long.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard His parables,
they perceived that He spake of them.
But when they sought to lay hands on Him,
they feared the multitude,
because they took Him for a prophet.'

(Mat 21:45-46)

'And the Pharisees also, who were covetous,
heard all these things: and they derided Him.
And He said unto them,
Ye are they which justify yourselves before men;
but God knoweth your hearts:
for that which is highly esteemed among men
is abomination in the sight of God.'

(Luke 16:14-15)

(Luke 16:19-31)

Hello @Waiting on him,

What the Lord Jesus thought of the Pharisees and their teaching is well documented: He denounced them. It was the teaching of the Pharisee that made the word of God of none effect (Matthew 15:6 & Mark 7:13) , that was the very essence of their sin and it's condemnation. The story of the rich man and Lazarus was one told to illustrate their teachings, and expose the hypocrisy of it. The word, 'beware', is not used often in Scripture, but it is used in connection with the teaching of the Pharisee in Matthew 16: 6 & 11-12, Mark 8:15 and Luke 12:1 which was hypocrisy.

If man were not so blinded by the traditional view of the death state, they would not be taken in by 'The Rich Man and Lazarus', but would see it for what it is. The word 'Beware' has not been taken heed of: and this story has been used and misused to expound the lies of tradition in regard to death for far too long.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Lamentations 4:3-6 KJV
Even the sea monsters draw out the breast, they give suck to their young ones: the daughter of my people is become cruel, like the ostriches in the wilderness. [4] The tongue of the sucking child cleaveth to the roof of his mouth for thirst: the young children ask bread, and no man breaketh it unto them. [5] They that did feed delicately are desolate in the streets: they that were brought up in scarlet embrace dunghills. [6] For the punishment of the iniquity of the daughter of my people is greater than the punishment of the sin of Sodom, that was overthrown as in a moment, and no hands stayed on her.

Many people are in a position to do good.