The rich man and the beggar at his gate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 16:25 KJV
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Why does father Abraham call Him Son, also notice the upper case S in Luke's hand?
Apparently you think there was this Rich man, who lived in a house, while at the same time was a begger outside his own gate. (he had two bodies) Then the begger part of him died and went to paradise, and later the rich man died and went to hades and then he looked across and saw his other self, etc. (Talk about your split personalitys!) It's just ridiculous. Why do people feel the need to rip apart scripture and make it mean something it can't possibly mean.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you think there was this Rich man, who lived in a house, while at the same time was a begger outside his own gate. (he had two bodies) Then the begger part of him died and went to paradise, and later the rich man died and went to hades and then he looked across and saw his other self, etc. (Talk about your split personalitys!) It's just ridiculous. Why do people feel the need to rip apart scripture and make it mean something it can't possibly mean.
Why does father Abraham say it's impossible to cross the fixed gulf, is there something that's impossible for God?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the rich man was Jewish.
John 11:45,48,54 KJV
Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him. [48] If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation. [54] Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews; but went thence unto a country near to the wilderness, into a city called Ephraim, and there continued with his disciples.

Now here scripture says many believed on Jesus because of Lazarus being sent back, but Abraham said they wouldn't believe even I'd one returns from the dead?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 16:9-11 KJV
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. [10] For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. [11] Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Or this?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I guess from our perspective Sheol is “hell” to us, right, When that’s probably not the best perspective to read that parable from? “Torment” is actually a pretty subjective thing, in my opinion anyway
Hell is nothing more than alienation from God.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe what Jesus says about the very real physical hell==
Matthew 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Matthew 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Reactions: Renniks

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Matthew 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
You've wailed and gnashed ever since I've joined this forum.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Acts 7:54 KJV
When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

Stephen offended them when he exposed their religious buildings and religious think for what it truly is . So they bit him.

Reactions: 101G and bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Name "Eliezer" means God of help. it's the Hebrew word,
H461 אֱלִיעֶזֶר 'Eliy`ezer (el-ee-eh'-zer) n/p.
1. (meaning) God of help.
2. Eliezer, the name of a Damascene and of ten Israelites.
[from H410 and H5828]
KJV: Eliezer.

Makes me think of: Zechariah 8:23 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.