The Righteousness of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr who is "we?" ty

We "Bible Students",which I believe I have attempted to explain on multiple occasions.

If you be in Christ then you are no longer considered as individuals, you have been joined to the one body, and there is but one head, as such, “We being many are one Body in Christ,” one loaf. (Rom 12:5;1 Cor. 10:17).

In 2 Cor 5:20 the Apostle states, "We implore you on Christ's behalf--Be reconciled to God."

Who do you imagine the "we", which the apostle mentions here is?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We "Bible Students",which I believe I have attempted to explain on multiple occasions.

If you be in Christ then you are no longer considered as individuals, you have been joined to the one body, and there is but one head, as such, “We being many are one Body in Christ,” one loaf. (Rom 12:5;1 Cor. 10:17).

In 2 Cor 5:20 the Apostle states, "We implore you on Christ's behalf--Be reconciled to God."

Who do you imagine the "we", which the apostle mentions here is?
ah well Jesus i know and Paul i know of, wadr, imo your Bible students are not the same "we" that can write Scripture

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, Paul i know, and Apollos i know

ah well Jesus i know and Paul i know...

You've been a believer for how long now and you don't recognize any other believers as your brethren in Christ, save Paul and Apollos?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You've been a believer for how long now and you don't recognize any other believers as your brethren in Christ, save Paul and Apollos?
that is not the point; the point is the part that you snipped out.

No, all of "y'alls" opinions do not amount to Scripture like Jesus' and Paul's do, and neither do mine nor the pope's

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well Jesus i know and Paul i know of, wadr, imo your Bible students are not the same "we" that can write Scripture

Who said anything about writing Scripture?

The "we" who are in Christ includes only those who have been joined to the body of Christ those fully consecrated who have been baptized into Christ death.

I was not implying that all "Bible Students" are so baptized, many have yet to have taken the second step of a full consecration, presenting themselves in sacrifice (Rom 12:1), but nevertheless as believers they are still considered as part of the "household of faith".

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For all of those opinionated experts/Biblical Students on this forum who push and/or endorse flawed understanding of God's word.

Do the spots of a leopard change? Does the character of Satan change? Is Satan a liar and a deceiver and one who makes desolate the lives of people?

What does Christ require us to do to overcome Satan? Is it not simply to just, ". . . . believe in Him Whom He has sent."? (John 6:29)

Is this enough to overcome Satan? Is this all we have to do to receive the gift of eternal life from God?

In the Book of Revelation, are we not told that Satan will come to harvest what is not his to have after he is released from the Bottomless pit after being locked up for 1,000 years, while he has gone away to be imprisoned, by causing many to fall away and to worship him instead of God?

Will you be rewarded with/receive the gift from God of Eternal Life in the age to come, for either having, teaching promoting and/or endorsing a flawed understanding of God's word/requirement(s)?

Edited to stop the avoidance by people of the thrust of this post.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Will you be rewarded with Eternal Life in the age to come...
The real issue is whether eternal life is a reward or a gift. The Bible says it is a gift, but you wish to make it a reward.

There will be rewards in Heaven, but that will not change this fact:

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The real issue is whether eternal life is a reward or a gift. The Bible says it is a gift, but you wish to make it a reward.

There will be rewards in Heaven, but that will not change this fact:

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

So, I may have used an expression in my question that you disagree with, but : -

Will you receive the gift of eternal life for either teaching promoting and/or endorsing a flawed understanding of God's word/requirement(s)?

That is the question at the end of my post. Your response to my post was just nit picking to avoid the thrust of my post.

PS: - I have gone back and edited my post to stop your sort of nit picking from occurring.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
PS: - I have gone back and edited my post to stop your sort of nit picking from occurring.
This is not nit-picking but critical to a proper understanding of the Gospel, the finished work of Christ, and the grace of God to undeserving sinners.

1. Did Abraham believe God and was it imputed to him for righteousness (Q)
2. Are we justified by grace through faith, and is salvation a gift of God (Q)
3. Did God save us according to His mercy or was it according to our righteousness (Q)

TITUS 3
4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is not nit-picking but critical to a proper understanding of the Gospel, the finished work of Christ, and the grace of God to undeserving sinners.

1. Did Abraham believe God and was it imputed to him for righteousness (Q)
2. Are we justified by grace through faith, and is salvation a gift of God (Q)
3. Did God save us according to His mercy or was it according to our righteousness (Q)

TITUS 3
4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Still ignoring my question posed, though. A reasoned answer is not required although I believe that the scriptures will back it up.

Will you receive the gift of eternal life for either teaching promoting and/or endorsing a flawed understanding of God's word/requirement(s)?

My understanding is that you will not receive the gift of eternal life. What is yours?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My understanding is that you will not receive the gift of eternal life. What is yours?
Well if your understanding of the gift of eternal life is faulty, you should try and revise it in the light of Scripture. I base mine on the Word of God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well if your understanding of the gift of eternal life is faulty, you should try and revise it in the light of Scripture. I base mine on the Word of God.

Again avoidance of answering the question by deflection. A simple response on what you believe is the answer is all that I have asked of all of the members that want to respond to my question.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is easier to belong to a faction and flip left of it or right of it..or one who simply tells what Jesus Christ has done for them, or even easier to become a devotee of divine healing, or of a special type of sanctification, or of the baptism of the Holy Spirit....

But Paul did not say, “Woe is me if I do not preach what Christ has done for me,” ...or healing, .. baptism, or sanctification etc...but he said , “…woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!”
All righteousness is found in God Himself.... He is our righteous..
And this is the gospel-
the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!”

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the scriptures love fulfills the law. When Jesus (God) died for the sins of His enemies He displayed the righteous requirement of the Law. His love has saved all those that will put their faith in His love shown on the cross.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
According to the scriptures love fulfills the law. When Jesus (God) died for the sins of His enemies He displayed the righteous requirement of the Law. His love has saved all those that will put their faith in His love shown on the cross.

Well said. We don't agree too often...but we intersect here. :)

See if you can follow the biblical step forward.

Now for the righteousness of God to be in what WE do we must also lay down our lives for His life to come forth from us. Like rivers of living waters. So then we also lay down our lives sacrificially for others as Jesus did as an example for His followers.

What makes us poor makes others rich.

2 Cor. 6:10 as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything.

This happens when we enter INTO Christ to share His life.

THIS is how we put our faith in HIS love so that the world is changed.

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Righteousness is to DO the right thing. It doesn't mean to be sinless...but rather to act with love and good intent. It is honest and innocent of evil intent. Sometimes it means to believe something...from good faith...but mainly to do something. The second main commandment...to love others...is about righteousness.

Holiness is the beauty of God. Only HE has what we would term holiness. He is unique....with a unique presence and glory. So then holiness for us is to walk with or IN God...in His presence. His proximity changes things around Him the way a fire melts or consumes things. Nothing is His proximity is anything but holy. And there is nothing holy away from His presence. The first main commandment is to love God the way He is...in holiness.

The righteousness of God is the acting out of God's will and judgments. It means God getting involved.
Since reading these posts, many moons ago, about righteousness and holiness and the difference between, I later received another’s teaching and understood that there are many truths, but many are saying the same thing, as in righteousness and holiness is the same. Lumping truths together, or ‘shoe-horning’ them, “the just shall live by faith” and “walking in the Spirit” is essentially saying the same thing. I go along with that.

But after reading this post again today, I believe that there really is a big difference. The desire to understand righteousness beyond the surface seemed to always escape me, but I never forgot the truth that
Holiness is the beauty of God. ~~~ “Walk before Me (in My Presence) and be thou perfect.”

I believe there is a beauty of righteousness. Just not the same.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since reading these posts, many moons ago, about righteousness and holiness and the difference between, I later received another’s teaching and understood that there are many truths, but many are saying the same thing, as in righteousness and holiness is the same. Lumping truths together, or ‘shoe-horning’ them, “the just shall live by faith” and “walking in the Spirit” is essentially saying the same thing. I go along with that.

But after reading this post again today, I believe that there really is a big difference. The desire to understand righteousness beyond the surface seemed to always escape me, but I never forgot the truth that
Holiness is the beauty of God. ~~~ “Walk before Me (in My Presence) and be thou perfect.”

I believe there is a beauty of righteousness. Just not the same.

Hey sister! We're living in a time where the standard of Christ has been brought down to a level where people can walk in the flesh and still call it walking in the Spirit. The problem with that, besides hiding the victorious walk from people...is to push back on the basic righteousness of others who are not believers as we are...but who do better in their daily walks than most of us. So then if we condemn them...we condemn ourselves. It is Christianity re-invented according to men. Belief replaces miraculous faith. A good walk "covered by grace" replaces the perfect walk in grace.

So then holiness is to walk in the perfection of Christ....and righteousness is to walk with love in our hearts towards a closer walk with the Lord. The righteousness of God is what makes the distinction. So the irony in all this is that they who don't see the difference between holiness and righteousness...do so because they are walking according to their own righteousness..as good as that may be.