The Sabbath day.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
I do not know why they call Sunday the Sabbath day.I rest from Friday sunset till Saturday sunset. Not because I feel it is part of salvation, but simply because I believe this to be the true Sabbath day.I still attend church on a Sunday but am considering looking at the messianic Jews.In my heart I know that church is not the place to worship God, but we are the temple where God is worshipped in Spirit and Truth.I still believe good can be done to our fellow man on any day.Does anyone have views about the sabbath day. :angel9: :shepard:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Faithful'Sunday isnt called the sabbath day. Sabbath simply means "rest" we are to rest in Christ everyday he is our Sabbath. the death on the cross. Ended the chritian need to follow any Jewish Sabbath law. The days of the week were not even named untill 200AD they mean nothing Christ is our rest(sabbath)We are told not to follow cycles of the moon which is what the Jews base their Sabbath day on. Sabbath is barely mentioned in the new testamant. and thats to tell us not to follow it.Even Jesus healed and did things on the sabbath John 19:14Colossians 2:16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
Sunday is not the Sabbath. Also, I love the scene in Rev where everyone bows down before the throne and worships. So, to me, I like the idea of worshiping as a group. Of course, we can worship anywhere, and by ourselves. We can worship on a ship, on a mountain, in a house, on a construction site, etc. But I understand myself as part of a group, part of a body.I know, I’m not separated from that body merely by being somewhere else, but I guess I’m rather human, and am happier seeing a physical manifestation of being together.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(kriss;13775)
Faithful'Sunday isnt called the sabbath day. Sabbath simply means "rest" we are to rest in Christ everyday he is our Sabbath. the death on the cross. Ended the chritian need to follow any Jewish Sabbath law. The days of the week were not even named untill 200AD they mean nothing Christ is our rest(sabbath)We are told not to follow cycles of the moon which is what the Jews base their Sabbath day on. Sabbath is barely mentioned in the new testamant. and thats to tell us not to follow it.Even Jesus healed and did things on the sabbath John 19:14Colossians 2:16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
Hi Kriss,If you check the dictionary/theass you will see that the definition refer to Saturday and Sunday being the days of rest called the sabbath meaning day of rest. Or to refrain from. It is not the days or the moons we follow but it is the command to keep the sabbath day Holy.Exodus 20:8 (King James Version) 8.Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.Mark 2:27 (King James Version)27.And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:Isaiah 56:3 & 5-6 (King James Version) 3.Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. 5.Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. 6.Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;Isaiah 58:12-13 (King James Version) 12.And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in. 13.If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:The sabbath is the Lords day.Mark 2:28; Isaiah 48:13; Exodus 20:8-11.Gentile converts called it "the Sabbath: 14 years after the cross. Acts 13:42After the cross, the Bible says the Sabbath remains. Hebrews 4:9Isaiah 66:22-23 (King James Version) 22.For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23.And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.Our Lord said, Matthew 5:18-20 (King James Version) 18.For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19.Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20.For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.Exodus 20:7-11 (King James Version) 7.Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. 8.Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9.Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10.But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11.For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.The scripures Christ our Lord, Peter and Paul refer to in the new testament were the Old Testament. The reason why the sabbath day is remembered is because Christ tells us to uphold the commandments and and that the law has not passed away. It is not and never has been required or able to bring salvation. But obeying the 10 commandments honours God not man and shows love for all. It is the words of Christ we are to heed.Faithful.:angel9:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Faithful Christ came to fulfill the Law the comandment is not about a Day any more it is about Christ being our rest our sabbath he fulfilled that Law Christ has become our sabbath. He does not care which day we worship him. we are to worship him everyday. Just as he doesnt care what religion you call yourself. The New Testament is the only infallible guide of what part of the Mosaic law continues to be binding in any sense upon the church age believer. The New Testament plainly teaches that the believer today is not bound to the Sabbath law! "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days: which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ" (Col. 2:16-17).. According to the New Testament epistles, the Sabbath question has no relevance to the church. In all the instruction God gave the churches in the epistles, there is only one mention of the Sabbath—Colossians 2:16—and that one mention was only to show that it is not binding upon New Testament believers. Is it not strange, in light of the fact that the New Testament epistles mention the Sabbath only once and that only to show it is not now binding,Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" (Mt. 5:17-18).The Apostle Paul plainly taught that Sabbath keeping is not binding upon New Testament believers. To observe or not to observe holy days is a matter of individual Christian liberty. "One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind" (Ro. 14:5).To use the old testament quotes to the Jews dosent apply because the Sabbath law wasn't fulfilled untill the cross when Christ fulfilled it thats why its hardley mentioned in the new testament and the Aspostles showed little concern about it.Remember this is one of the reasons they wanted to kill Christ because he broke sabbath day law and healed on the Sabbath. Why did Christ break Sabbath Day law?Because he knew it wasnt about a Day he was going to fulfill this Law and become our Sabbath.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Revelation 1:10 (King James Version) 10.I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,Luke 6:5 (King James Version)5.And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.John was in the Spirit on the Lords day. We know from Christs own words he was Lord of the Sabbath. How if the Lord had taught the disciples that the sabbath (which was the seventh day as defined by God) was no longer kept did John recognise being in the Spirit on the Lords day.It was the Roman Catholic church who changed the sabbath day from Saturday to Sunday. And if you look in the new testament they still refer to the sabbath/Lords day when they meet. The Lords day had not been changed or done away with according to what John says in Revelation 1:10. For John clearly says "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day," So clearly Christ is still Lord of the Sabbath day.God created the world and on the 7th day he rested. Man was not made for the sabbath but the sabbath was made for the good of man.What do you think of what Christ says and John in Revelations?faithful.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Hello FaithfulRev 1:10 is not talking about a particular day of the week.Hope this helpsRevelation 1:10 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,"This verse is the key to understanding the book of Revelation. Without a clear and full understanding of it, the entire book just will not make sense. The sequence of order will seem strange. "I"; this is John speaking and telling us where he was. "I was in the Spirit", not in his flesh body; "on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet". John is taken forward in time, "in the Spirit", to the day of the Lord. The "Day of the Lord" is not referring to Sunday or Saturday. This is the same "Day of the Lord" Paul speaks about in I Thessalonians 5:2, as "coming as a thief in the night". Later in II Thessalonians 2:2-3 Paul makes it clear that at the "Day of the Lord" Christ's return will not happen until "after there will be a great falling away first; and "that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition". Satan must be revealed in his role as the Antichrist first, before that seventh trumpet can sound, the last trumpet.The time, or day, John was taken to was beyond our time frame, however we are living in the generation that will see it come to pass, and live through what John saw and lived, while in the Spirit. There is only one day that is called "The Day of the Lord" in all the Scriptures.Isaiah 2:12 "For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low."This is the day that our Lord returns. This is the day "God's cup of wrath" is poured out upon His enemies. So John was taken in the Spirit to the last day of this earth age, before the start of the age of the Millennium. If you are still in your flesh body, that day hasn't happened yet, and it is still future to us.Every verse that you read in Revelation from this verse to the end of chapter twenty two, will be viewed from the Lord's day, either looking backwards or forwards a short period of time. If you don't come to that point of time in your understanding with John, the rest of what he is saying just will not make senseNow as far as Luke 6:5 go back a couple of verses and observe how much weight Christ gives to this day,also notice how the Pharisees are doing exactly what people of today are doing.Luke 6:1 "And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that He went through the corn fields; and His disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, bubbing them in their hands."What is this sabbath, and why is this important to note that the second sabbath followed after the first? Sabbath means "rest", So what is our rest suppose to be today? We read in Colossians 2 whereby the sabbaths were nailed to the cross at the time of Christ's death. Jesus Christ became our sabbath or rest. If you claim any other rest other than Christ, you are not in Christ. So this is what this verse is all about. Many times a holy sabbath, or feast day would fall in the middle of the week, so the second sabbath for that week is known to be on the Saturday of our week, and could not be confused with one of the feast day sabbaths that might fall in the middle of the week. Remember that Passover comes 14 days after the spring equinox, no matter what day it would fall on. That makes Passover or a holy feast day a first sabbath when it falls say on a Tuesday or Wednesday. God doesn't change as man does, and you can count on His plan every year.Luke 6:2 "And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, "Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days?"Luke 6:3 "And Jesus answering them said, "Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him;"So Jesus asked these Pharisees if they had not read what was stated in the true Law as it was in David's day. This is similar to what many Christians would say today. We are of the New Testament, we are not suppose to read the Old Testament. That is not what Jesus taught, for that is where all of his teaching came from; the Old Testament. We are suppose to understand all the Old Testament, for Christ quoted it constantly, as did Peter and Paul. If you have, then you will understand a little better what Jesus is about to say here.Luke 6:4 "How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the shewbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but for the priest alone?"No, David went beyond what Jesus and His disciples were doing here, for they went in the tabernacle and ate the shew bread right of the altar off God. David and his men took the bread that was set aside for the Levitical priests alone and their families, and ate it.Luke 6:5 "And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath."The Son of man is the Lord of the sabbath, of all rest. Your rest is your peace of mind, that part of your mind that sets order to what you do and think. Those thing that you can not change or affect, you leave to the Father to take care of. Our peace of mind is in the Lord Jesus Christ, and His Word: for He allows us to know what tomorrow will bring, and what the results of our actions will be while we are living in this world of flesh man. Those things that are negative in our lives, the Word leads us around it, through it, or gives us the ability of ordering it out of our lives. When we are in Christ, that is the only rest that we can count on.So what happened to David on that day Jesus is talking about. David and his men was on the run from King Saul, who was trying to kill David. They had been on the run for several day, and David and his men did not have time to stop and eat. They came to the tabernacle, and went to the altar, and took of the bread that was set aside as "shew bread". David also took a sword from the altar also for his defense. This sword that he took was Goliath's sword that David used years before to cut off his head. David was truly a man after God's own heart. David was in the genealogy that Christ would come from, and also from the priest line, so the sabbath was a work day for the priest.Faithful you've got to understand that Christ became our sabbath and we should rest in Him everyday not just Saturday or Sunday.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
n2thelight Hello FaithfulRev 1:10 is not talking about a particular day of the week.Hope this helpsRevelation 1:10 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,"This verse is the key to understanding the book of Revelation. Without a clear and full understanding of it, the entire book just will not make sense. The sequence of order will seem strange.
Hi n2thelight,Thankyou, I do know what you are saying, thought we could share this also.The key to understanding every scripture is the Holy Spirit for the believer.John 16:13 and Ephesians 6:17. The trumpet in this verse signifies the truth about the time that John is referring to in Christ. Because all things do not happen in 1 day or does it? 1 day and thousand years are the same to God.Revelation 1:5.= Isaiah 55:4 (King James Version)4.Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.Psalm 89:27 (King James Version) 27.Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.Revelation 1:6.= Exodus 19:6 (King James Version) 6.And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.Revelation 5:10 (King James Version)10.And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.Revelation 1:7. = Daniel 7:13, Matt 24:30, 1 Thessalonians 4:17 Zechariah 12:10 As you can see the truth is taught by the Spirit to Holy men of God in the scriptures and today he is still the true teachers of Gods people.There is a difference between the 'day of the Lord' and 'the Lord's day'.Matthew 24:44-45 (King James Version) 44.Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. 45.Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?Isaiah 66:22-23 (King James Version) 22.For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23.And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.Isaiah 66:22 = Isaiah 65:17 , 2 Peter 3:12 and Revelation 21:1.Isaiah 66:24.= Mark 9:48.Isaiah 61:1-2 (King James Version)1.The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2.To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;Isaiah 61:1-2 = Luke 4:18-19 & Matthew 5:4.These are the words Christ spoke at the beginning of his ministry.My point is that at the right time our understandings are opened as the Spirit directs. We see the disciples understood the times they were in.The book of revelation is for those who have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to the church.John 4:22-24 (King James Version)22.Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23.But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24.God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.:angel9:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
faithful N2 is exactly rightThe sabbath in the old testmant is fulfilled by Christ in the new testamentSabbath= rest= our LordDay = DaySo we have The Lords Dayour rest is in the Lord When ever the new testament speaks of a Day of the Lord (as in Rev.)it is speaking of the day of his coming on the Day of the Lord. not a Saturday or Sunday

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
The Greek phrase that appears in Rev 1:10 as “the Lord’s day” is unique in the NT. I hesitate to equate it with the different phrase that appears as “the day of the Lord”. One is like hemera kurios and the one in Rev 1:10 is like kuriakos hemera (I didn’t decline it so it should then match Strong’s).For anyone who might be interested, the “kuriakos” does appear in one other place, but not with the word day. It appears with the word supper in 1 Cor 11:20.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Kriss)
faithful N2 is exactly rightThe sabbath in the old testmant is fulfilled by Christ in the new testamentSabbath= rest= our LordDay = DaySo we have The Lords Dayour rest is in the Lord When ever the new testament speaks of a Day of the Lord (as in Rev.)it is speaking of the day of his coming on the Day of the Lord. not a Saturday or Sunday
I agree with you Kriss.And God's Day is 1000 human years.II Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.As Christ Jesus/Yahshua is our Sabbath and Lord, we should rest in Him at the same time, do the work of God.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus (Yahshua) our Lord and Saviour.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(thesuperjag;13969)
I agree with you Kriss.And God's Day is 1000 human years.II Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.As Christ Jesus/Yahshua is our Sabbath and Lord, we should rest in Him at the same time, do the work of God.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus (Yahshua) our Lord and Saviour.
So clearly this does not start till after the first raising of the dead when Christ and the saints 1,000 years after the rise and fall of beast and false prophet. Hebrews 4 1.Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. If we have already received it, how can we come short of it?2.For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. Hebrews 4:7-11 (King James Version) 7.Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8.For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9.There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10.For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11.Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.Christ gives us rest from works unto salvation, but till his return we will not enter into the true promised rest in the new heaven and earth.The 10 commandments says, Thou shalt not kill and it also says that thou shalt not commit adultery. What has passed away about these? Do you think being in Christ gives you rest from these things?No Jesus said, I have not come to do away with the law or the teachings of the prophets and not one iota shall pass away before he has completed everything. So anyone who teaches anyone who breaks even the least of these laws and teaches others to do the same, the same will be least in the Kingdom of heaven. But whoever upholds these and teaches others to do the same will be called great in the Kingdom of heaven.Till Christ returns to reign the law remains. And if the law says keep the sabbath day the seventh day saturday Holy, then that is what we are to do. Because Christ has not done away with law and never came to do that.So my faith is based on Christs own teachings, and neither Paul nor any apostle can change the words and teachings of Christ. For God says he is the one we must obey. Paul was not teaching that the sabbath day was not Holy, he was teaching that Christ had fulfilled the special feast days of which can be seen with the passover feast and the sacrifice and slaughter of the lamb.The words of Jesus is very clear his coming had nothing to do with any law being taken away. We rest in Christ from works unto salvation, but that does not mean we can deliberately break them by committing murder and adultery.How can you differentiate between the sabbath day and murder? Both are laws of the commandments.:angel9:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Because Christ came to fulfill the law Col 2:16 tell us the fulfillment of the law sense the death on the cross which is why the apostles and even Christ himself found the practice of a certain Day unimportant. The Sabbath Day was a sign of the covenant between the Jews and God After the death on the cross Christ fulfilled the Sabbath making it now a covenant to the gentiles, Jews and all people that Christ is now our Sabbath rest.And as far as your verses above I think we have a different understanding of the end times. Satan comes to earth as Antichrist he is here 5 mo. ending with Armageddon and the coming of Christ.The millenium (1000 years) starts when Christ returns Day of the Lord at that time we are all changed into spirit bodies we are in these spirit bodies learning for a thousand years. Then Satan is loosed again for a short time.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Faithful;13770)
I do not know why they call Sunday the Sabbath day.I rest from Friday sunset till Saturday sunset. Not because I feel it is part of salvation, but simply because I believe this to be the true Sabbath day.I still attend church on a Sunday but am considering looking at the messianic Jews.In my heart I know that church is not the place to worship God, but we are the temple where God is worshipped in Spirit and Truth.I still believe good can be done to our fellow man on any day.Does anyone have views about the sabbath day. :angel9: :shepard:
Our true rest comes in and from Jesus, the Sabbath is symbolic of the true rest in Jesus. The true rest is not a day, but a state of being.

agent_grey

Sep 3, 2007
Problems with the saturday view.1 - not all jews keep the same day.2 - Most saturday proponents yield bad fruit. They have a marked tendency towards accusations pertaining to the particular days. Ex. The Satanic Adventist doctrine that Sunday worship is the mark of the beast is a blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Every Saturday guy I have personally met has this blasphemy written on his head. 3 - the New Testament refers to the first day of the week 8 times. If you look up these 8 times in the greek the word for Sabbath is used.4 - The law is 1 cohesive whole. Not one tittle passes so if you are going to keep the old testament law I suggest you start animal sacrifices.5 - Yeshua is recorded as saying in one of the gospels that he and his father have never rested. Which of the days that occur after Yeshua's statement best reflect the Genesis account. The execution, 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb, or rise from the dead to be back with his Father.the key.... God will not mix the light and the darkness......NEVER! Here is the lightThe Whole Law is fullfilled in communion. This is the Lords Day(every day) this is the Sabbath Rest; this is the whole law, it is every component of the law wrapped up in an instant. Valid communion... that is communion that contains the TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD of Christ. Concern yourself with whether the bread and wine you consume is really his body and blood and forget about the days. Time was a consequence of sin; it is linked with death and if you are eating and drinking the right stuff you will live forever and time will be of no concern!Adam and Eve didn't keep the Sabbath.... they broke it! Yeshua restored it. Enjoy your free will and make your choice.Ever wonder why nobody keeps the sabbath in Genesis????? There must be a reason!May the Holy Spirit bless all!

adonaicole

Aug 28, 2007
The Sabbath Day was a sign of the covenant between the Jews and God
I respectfully disagree with this statement, the covenant was made with Adam and he was the father of all men. He was not a jew.Sunday was the day of worship decreed by Caesar, not God.Jesus never said not to obey the sabbath, his point was that healing someone did not defile the sabbath.Matthew 1210And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him. 11And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? 12How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days. The disciples were still keeping the sabbath commandment after Jesus' crucifixion.Luke 23:56 (King James Version) 56And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(adonaicole;17031)
I respectfully disagree with this statement, the covenant was made with Adam and he was the father of all men. He was not a jew.Sunday was the day of worship decreed by Caesar, not God.Jesus never said not to obey the sabbath, his point was that healing someone did not defile the sabbath.Matthew 1210And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him. 11And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? 12How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days. The disciples were still keeping the sabbath commandment after Jesus' crucifixion.Luke 23:56 (King James Version) 56And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
Although tecnichenly you could say its wasnt given to the Jews/Hebrewsthe rest of your Statement is pretty much off track Have you read the Law of Moses? Whats the rest/ Sabbath Law? Sabbath isnt about healing yes Jesus healed on that day which broke Sabbath Jewish Law but Sabbath means "Rest" it was established as a day of rest. After the death on the cross Christ became our Rest. And the disciples put little importance on the Sabbath it only mentioned a couple times. The disciples knew it had nothing to do with a DAY of worship. And you will find little proof they ever kept it

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
six days shall ye labor, on the seventh ye rest. no mention that i recall to what day of the week is the sabboth. it could be any day. i suppose it is kept by traditions, i.e. christians=sunday, adventists=saturday.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The Word Sabbath =Rest that is what the word means I never met to imply it was like a prochecy it is a Law to observe the day of Rest = Sabbath i.e Rest and Sabbath are the SameThere is nothing to rethink Jesus himself said I come not to change the Lawbut to came to fulfill the Law. He has fulfilled the Sabbath in becoming our Rest (Sabbath)Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" (Mt. 5:17-18).Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat or in drink , or in respect of an holyday , or of the new moon , or of the sabbath [days]: Why are we to not not be judged by what we eat,drink, ect or of the Sabbath (rest)days if's its a Law and we are told to follow the Law? then here we are told we dont have to follow/be judged by it. Is it a contradiction in Gods Word? Of course not there are no contradictions in his Word we are to follow the Law but the Sabbath Law has been fulfilled in Christ. He is now our Rest=Sabbath According to the New Testament , the Sabbath question has no relevance to the church. In all the instruction God gave the churches in the , there is only one mention of the Sabbath—Colossians 2:16—and that one mention was only to show that it is not binding upon New Testament believers. Is it not strange, in light of the fact that the New Testament mention the Sabbath only once and that only to show it is not now bindingWhy because we are are suopposed to "Rest" (sabbath) in Christ everyday. He does not care about a day of the week

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
We are not released from the law the law is fulfilled in Jesus Christ we are to rest(sabbath )in him not one day of the week but everyday.This is a simular type to Christ fufilling the role of the sacraficial lamb