The sacrifice of Jesus....revisited

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus died, he rescued us from Satan, who could otherwise have tortured us forever because of our sins. Jesus became our master, forgave us for our sins, and is teaching us to love God with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves. It is true that "the blood of Jesus washed away our sins," but I think there is more to the story than just that.
You can't be serious. Scripture please.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'd say, through faith. He poured His out to take our sins away, a one time only occurrence, and the LAST sacrifice. He ain't going to do it again. And, can you imagine how very bloody these over and over sacrifices of bulls and goats was? Man, they sprinkled it over everything!, including the people...ick.

I don't see HOW this is done, but through faith :)
we apply his sacrifice by faith, yes, but how does God apply it?...the blood thing ie

Reactions: Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell us. Do you even know?
I already told you: Satan would be able to torture us forever, had Jesus not died for our sins. Jesus had never sinned, so when Satan had Jesus murdered, Satan lost his credibility.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already told you: Satan would be able to torture us forever, had Jesus not died for our sins. Jesus had never sinned, so when Satan had Jesus murdered, Satan lost his credibility.
No Scripture? Of course not!

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28 RSV
The 'him' referred to there, Bob, is not Satan. Read Revelation 20 (among other passages). The unrepentant suffer the same fate as a result of the final Judgment as Satan, following him into eternal damnation. It's a terrifying truth, but truth nonetheless.

Grace and peace to you.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we apply his sacrifice by faith, yes, but how does God apply it?...the blood thing ie
What we all should do, quietthinker, is substitute 'life' for 'blood,' here (and we are not somehow "changing Scripture" by doing so). Saving faith is itself the gift of God, so I would rather say that God applies Christ's sacrifice to those whome He calls and justifies through faith.

To your question, though, it should be sufficient merely (<chuckle>... it's no mere thing) to say that He does it ~ Christ is God made man, after all ~ to satisfy His own justice, because, as John 3:16 says, He so loved the world.

Does this answer your question? Or are you driving at something else?

Grace and peace to you.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'him' referred to there, Bob, is not Satan. Read Revelation 20 (among other passages). The unrepentant suffer the same fate as a result of the final Judgment as Satan, following him into eternal damnation. It's a terrifying truth, but truth nonetheless.

Grace and peace to you.
You haven't told me why Jesus died on the cross.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28 RSV
Hell is the unpleasant consequence of our sin. It would go on forever, but Jesus died to save us from that. You seem not to believe that. I waiting to hear you tell me why Jesus died for our sins, or if you even believe he did.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus died, he rescued us from Satan, who could otherwise have tortured us forever because of our sins. Jesus became our master, forgave us for our sins, and is teaching us to love God with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves. It is true that "the blood of Jesus washed away our sins," but I think there is more to the story than just that.
Satan doesn't torture people in hell. The bible makes it clear hell is a place that tortures spirits, including Satan.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some interesting questions arise with the sacrifice of Jesus ie, how is this to be understood?

1...Does God require a sacrifice as in the slaying of an innocent before he will forgive?

Slaying of the innocent Before forgiveness ?
No. The “innocent” does not require forgiveness.

2...If God is love and love keeps no record of wrongs as attested in 1 Cor. 13 ...in the light of this, how do we understand sacrifice?

Sacrifice is the difference between What you HAVE and What you DO with What you HAVE.

Are you Willingly to Give it away....what you have...IS a <—-> Sacrifice
Are you Not willing to Give it away...what you have..IS NOT<-> a Sacrifice.

3...What is it about shed blood and what is the connection to forgiveness?

Mankind HAS BLOOD.
BLOOD IS mankind’s natural life.
A man GIVING His BLOOD, ie His Life, TO something else, IS a Sacrifice.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To your question, though, it should be sufficient merely (<chuckle>... it's no mere thing) to say that He does it ~ Christ is God made man, after all ~ to satisfy His own justice, because, as John 3:16 says, He so loved the world.
Justice! hmmmm, God's justice?....does it differ from mans justice....I would say yes, but how?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Slaying of the innocent Before forgiveness ?
No. The “innocent” does not require forgiveness.

Sacrifice is the difference between What you HAVE and What you DO with What you HAVE.

Are you Willingly to Give it away....what you have...IS a <—-> Sacrifice
Are you Not willing to Give it away...what you have..IS NOT<-> a Sacrifice.

Mankind HAS BLOOD.
BLOOD IS mankind’s natural life.
A man GIVING His BLOOD, ie His Life, TO something else, IS a Sacrifice.
could it be that God becoming a man was a sacrifice?.....and in blindness and ingratitude we murdered him.