The sacrifice of Jesus....revisited

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
Does God require a sacrifice as in the slaying of an innocent before he will forgive?

No blood offering, of beast or bird, or man, can take away sin, for how can the conscience be purged from sin by the shedding of innocent blood ? Nay, it will increase the condemnation.
The priests indeed receive such offering as reconciliation of the worshippers for the trespasses against the law of Moses, but for sins agains the Law of God there can be no remission, save by repentance and amendment.

how do we understand sacrifice?
CHRIST CHOSE TO BECOME THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE

1 Samuel 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Sacrifice is leaven from the pharisees:

Matthew 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Ezekiel 5:6 And she hath changed my judgments into wickedness more than the nations, and my statutes more than the countries that are round about her: for they have refused my judgments and my statutes, they have not walked in them.

-Corruption of the covenant of Levi:

Malachi 2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

-Blood Sacrifice is not what our Father in Heaven wants:

Psalms 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Isaiah 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

-Blood Sacrifice was not commanded by our Father:

Jeremiah 7:22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

-Blood sacrifice is "of fools" and evil:

Ecclesiastes 5:1 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Blood sacrifice is "of fools" and evil
And you are a fool for attacking the sacrifice of Christ by misquoting a mishmash of Scriptures. Why are you identifying yourself falsely as a "Christian"?

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
you are a fool

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Why are you identifying yourself falsely as a "Christian"?

John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you figure?

Hi Bob,
Satan will have ZERO power in Hell, he will be just as wretched as the rest who go there with him. Some think that he will have some kind of "kingly" type power over those who are also there...I don't think so.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No blood offering, of beast or bird, or man, can take away sin, for how can the conscience be purged from sin by the shedding of innocent blood ? Nay, it will increase the condemnation.
The priests indeed receive such offering as reconciliation of the worshippers for the trespasses against the law of Moses, but for sins agains the Law of God there can be no remission, save by repentance and amendment.

1 Samuel 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Sacrifice is leaven from the pharisees:

Matthew 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Ezekiel 5:6 And she hath changed my judgments into wickedness more than the nations, and my statutes more than the countries that are round about her: for they have refused my judgments and my statutes, they have not walked in them.

-Corruption of the covenant of Levi:

Malachi 2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

-Blood Sacrifice is not what our Father in Heaven wants:

Psalms 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Isaiah 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

-Blood Sacrifice was not commanded by our Father:

Jeremiah 7:22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

-Blood sacrifice is "of fools" and evil:

Ecclesiastes 5:1 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

Hi Daniel and welcome to C.B.
Yes it will did and still does, "increase the condemnation." Good post.

Reactions: Daniel L.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Bob,
Satan will have ZERO power in Hell, he will be just as wretched as the rest who go there with him. Some think that he will have some kind of "kingly" type power over those who are also there...I don't think so.
I'm wondering, then, why the Bible even mentions Satan.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is.
Nope. And when asked to back your claim up with scripture, all you point to is Matthew 10:28, which says something very different than ~ even opposite of ~ what you suppose, as demonstrated. So yeah, no, it isn’t. Again, so be it.

Grace and peace.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. And when asked to back your claim up with scripture, all you point to is Matthew 10:28, which says something very different than ~ even opposite of ~ what you suppose, as demonstrated. So yeah, no, it isn’t. Again, so be it.

Grace and peace.
Yep.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! You probably are…. My goodness.

Grace and peace to you, Bob.
The reason the Bible mentions Satan is the harm he can do. Look what he did to Job. And if he could, he'd torture us forever for each sin we committed.

He can't do that, though, because a man without sin, Jesus, was murdered by Satan. That is to say, Satan influenced his followers to murder Jesus. Because Jesus was without sin, and because Satan had Jesus murdered, Satan lost his credibility. He no longer has the power to torture us.

However, that doesn't mean we have bliss ever after. The Lord wants us to stop sinning. He commanded us to repent (Matthew 4:17). (People get around this by redefining the word "repent" so they don't have to stop sinning. The good news is that if we DO repent, we have bliss (Matthew 4:17). And who says we have to wait till we die to have that bliss?

Some people read the Bible and think they know everything, when reading the Bible is only the beginning of their education.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. Yet again, when asked to back your claim up with scripture, all you point to is Matthew 10:28, which says something very different than ~ even opposite of ~ what you suppose, as demonstrated. So yeah, nope.

The obstinance is strong with this one... :)

The reason the Bible mentions Satan is the harm he can do. Look what he did to Job.
Among other things, yes, agreed. The rest... ugh. :) I say we leave it at that.

Grace and peace to you.[/QUOTE]