The Scriptures are God's Greatest Gift to Mankind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Funny thing here, people can and are allowed to belittle, mock, ridicule, attack and mitigate Scripture.

Few bat an eye until their trips to heaven, myths, and fables are. Then the sirens go off. "How dare you!"

Un.

Believe.

Able.
Ye men do that to Christ God and His Spirit every day and deem it a good thing

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible is the word of God...and it also contains testimony of what people said who are not God.

What they said is not the word of God, except in that the word of God records what was spoken by them.

You are grasping at straws; trying to make an argument out of nonsense.
All you have done is prove my point how man have made the bible an Idol in there hearts, Even replaced Christ and God with it,

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you have done is prove my point how man have made the bible an Idol in there hearts, Even replaced Christ and God with it,
You can call God's word an idol if you want....it does not change the fact that those who believe in it that it is the inspired word of God and the ultimate authority on every subject...are giving the word of God its proper place in their hearts.

Let God be true but every man a liar.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny thing here, people can and are allowed to belittle, mock, ridicule, attack and mitigate Scripture.

Few bat an eye until their trips to heaven, myths, and fables are. Then the sirens go off. "How dare you!"

Un.

Believe.

Able.
Speaking of belittling...

Do you believe the Bible is magnified above Christ?

Or are you still trying to decide?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
even Christ said the scriptures have no life in them,

39 Search the scriptures; for in them all of you think all of you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And all of you will not come to me, that all of you might have life. 41 I receive not honour from men

Sorry, but that verse doesn't say what you think it says. It doesn't say that the scriptures have no life in them. Otherwise it would be contradicting Hebrews 4:12; and we know that there are no contradictions within the pages of the Bible.

What it does say is that it is possible to study the holy scriptures and yet not have life over the fact that you will not come to the One of whom they testify. If you do come to the One of whom they testify, you will have life. Therefore the holy scriptures are able to give life to you; if you believe in their testimony about Jesus.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith
I must be honest. I am quite proud of the fact that in this instance, when you did not use Scripture as it was intended, you, even in a roundabout way, did not deny the fact you did so.

That right there tells me you've grown by leaps and bounds. :)

@mjrhealth ?

Your relentless attack on Scripture? False testimony about what it says (adding to it) and misusing it?

Well, not so much.

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, wait, let me have a dream for the answer.

Jer 23:28, The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.

Act 2:16, But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17, And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18, And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Joe 2:28, And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29, And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That right there is uncool and untrue my friend.
i might agree, if he would ever reply to a post rather than using it as fodder, wadr
I love you man and I forgive you for saying that to me.
and blessings can be curses as well, so what
"your love's like rhinestones, falling from the sky"

Status
Not open for further replies.