The Scriptures

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures help you as you see Jesus. It is what Jesus said to the Jews "they testify of me but you didn't see them"." You can see anything you want in scripture, but if you don't see Jesus you will get no help from them. You can be saved and not see Jesus, you can talk in another language and not see Jesus in the scriptures. If you do not see Jesus in the scriptures you will find no help in the scriptures.

Thank God for grace and love to keep us going until we can see Jesus, but there is nothing in scripture to help you until you see Jesus in the scriptures. We go through "IT" over and over until we see Jesus in the scriptures. I don't know what "IT" is but you know it when you are going through "IT." The scriptures are given so the believer can see Jesus, because if you can see Jesus in the scriptures you will see Jesus in you.

You will discover that the only thing that really matters to the father is Jesus in you and you knowing it. Somehow we have forgotten if we ever knew it, but it hasn't changed the only thing that matters is that you understand what scripture has to reveal to you. Man has told us that we are the heart of all God is doing, man does not know what God is doing if they cannot see Jesus in the scriptures.

Jesus was as clear in John on the subject: "the scriptures will reveal me."

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41 I receive not honour from men.
42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? - John 5:39-47 ,

Reactions: FHII

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well said, soul man. Apart from the few exceptions like Joseph of Arimathea and possibly Nicodemus, in general the Pharisees of Jesus' day were too proud to receive Jesus as their long awaited Messiah. They elevated knowledge of Scriptures to great heights and created an elitist cult of scholars who exercised much control and power over Jewish society. Their legalism is legendary, and no wonder Jesus called them blind guides.

Reactions: soul man

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...there is nothing in scripture to help you until you see Jesus in the scriptures...
That is the whole point of the Bible. So that all may see Christ -- the Creator, the Redeemer, and the Judge of all mankind.

And God the Father saw Jesus as the Lamb of God even before He created anything -- "from before the foundation of the world".

Jesus -- God the Word -- is found in the first verse of the first chapter of the first book in the Bible. Elohim (translated as God) stands for the triune Godhead, but John 1:1-3 tells us the the Word was the Creator.

בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ׃
In the beginning God created the heaven(s) and the earth.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is the whole point of the Bible. So that all may see Christ -- the Creator, the Redeemer, and the Judge of all mankind.

And God the Father saw Jesus as the Lamb of God even before He created anything -- "from before the foundation of the world".

Jesus -- God the Word -- is found in the first verse of the first chapter of the first book in the Bible. Elohim (translated as God) stands for the triune Godhead, but John 1:1-3 tells us the the Word was the Creator.

בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ׃
In the beginning God created the heaven(s) and the earth.
Hey, and just as the spoken Word becomes the written Word, so the written Word becomes the spoken Word.