The Second Coming of Christ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately where teh verse about a day=1,000 defines what i s being said! That verse does not stand by itself without any context!

2 Peter 3
King James Version

3 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

When you understand where this metaphoir is be3ing said and what the context is, it should protect you from applying this metaphor to REv. 20
i am sure glad his grace is sufficient. your becoming a thorn in the flesh

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have ripped nothing out of context . i said in God eyes does he have a 12 month colander hanging on his office wall ? i doubt it .. do me a favor go back to teaching and dont be bothering me

Well as God is the one who established teh 24 hour day- I think He knows the difference between a day and a 1,000 years. I am teaching. You just are a stubborn student. ;)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am sure glad his grace is sufficient. your becoming a thorn in the flesh

Then maybe God compelled me to answer to keep you humble then? Same as Paul? and if I am a thorn in your flesh, maybe you should ask why your flesh is pricked?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then maybe God compelled me to answer to keep you humble then? Same as Paul? and if I am a thorn in your flesh, maybe you should ask why your flesh is pricked?
or maybe your flesh compelled you to . a thorn in the flesh is compared to a pain in the backside. im putting you on ignore

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus stated, "No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day." (John 6:44)

The last day is in reference to Christ Millennial Reign of one thousand years. "And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years." (Rev 20:4)

What happens after 'the allotted time limit of a thousand' comes to its full? "Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power." (1 Corinthians 15:24)

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.” (Genesis 2:16-17)

Did Adam die in a 24 hour period or did he die within the Day of a thousand years? So all the days of Adam’s life amounted to 930 years, and then he died. (Genesis 5:5)

How long is the Day of Christ? Have you never heard of Christ's Millennial Reign?

Revelation 20:7
Now as soon as the 1,000 years have ended, Satan will be released from his prison,

Revelation 20:2
He seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for 1,000 years.

Revelation 20:5
(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6
Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years.

Revelation 20:3
And he hurled him into the abyss and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not mislead the nations anymore until the 1,000 years were ended. After this he must be released for a little while.

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years.

You may want to read (2 Peter 3:8) again and call it a man made construct?

Dear BroRando, I Like these passages of scripture. Do you follow Jehovah Witness doctrine?

Reactions: Ezra

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The scripture doesn't state that the every eye will see him in a physical appearance but rather "to see with the mind".
No. That verse means exactly what it says. To visibly see Christ physically descending from Heaven (with His saints and angels). Since you hold to many false doctrines, how can you expect your re-interpretations of Scripture to be correct?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. That verse means exactly what it says. To visibly see Christ physically descending from Heaven (with His saints and angels). Since you hold to many false doctrines, how can you expect your re-interpretations of Scripture to be correct?
Jesus stated, "No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day." (John 6:44)

The last day is in reference to Christ Millennial Reign of one thousand years. "And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years." (Rev 20:4)

What happens after 'the allotted time limit of a thousand' comes to its full? "Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power." (1 Corinthians 15:24)

Maybe this may clarify and help BroRando: I agree with the fact that many can see with their eyes but not perceive in their minds, and therefore not see anything at all - Mark 4:12
Today, most of the world cannot see Christ in their minds/heart - this is fact - no disputing it.
When Christ returns, He will "role back the heavens" for everyone to physically see and perceive - Rev 6:14
Why would Christ do this???
It is the Day of Resurrection, Rapture, Return and Judgement - The End of this present satanic ruled Age whereby Christ reveals to this corrupt World His AUTHORITY over the Anti-Christ, the kings of the earth Psalm 2:1-12, and all who received his Mark ( committed themselves fully to rebellion against God - the sons of disobedience -the children of wrath).
As Christ reveals Himself in POWER & GLORY, we who are His are Victorious with Christ in the face of all who hated us, persecuted us and mocked us. The Lord is MAGNIFIED in us at His Coming - "Christ is us the hope of His Glory" - Colossian 1:27, Ephesians 1:11-14
Therefore it is Christ, at His Coming, refusing to allow anyone to 'Not See' and 'Not Perceive'.
It is the undeniable TRUTH finally Revealed that the wicked will cry out and say "let the mountains and the rocks fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and the wrath of the Lamb." Rev 6:16

Last edited:

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Enoch aren't you the same person denying to repent and be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ?
“Repent, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:36-38, WEB).
Matthew 28:19 – Trinity corrupted verse

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch aren't you the same person denying to repent and be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ?
Matthew 28:19 – Trinity corrupted verse

The Truth of the Trinity was clearly given by God(Elohim) to us starting in Genesis.

The Hebrew word for 'one' in the shemah 'Hear oh Israel the Lord thy God(Elohim) is one(echad)....'
Elohim and Echad are Plural terms denoting two or more.
"Let US make man in Our Image"

I am the Elohim of #1 Abraham #2 Isaac #3 Jacob
Abraham = the Father of Nations
Isaac = Only begotten son of the Father through Sarah and willingly laid down his life on the altar to be sacrificed
Jacob = Jacobs Ladder = the Holy Spirit

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jacob = Jacobs Ladder = the Holy Spirit

"Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power." (1 Corinthians 15:24)

A. Trinitarians make the claim God Almighty hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father.
B. Christians make the claim that Jesus Christ hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father.

SEE the difference?
Which one is true?
Which one is false?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power." (1 Corinthians 15:24)

A. Trinitarians make the claim God Almighty hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father.
B. Christians make the claim that Jesus Christ hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father.

SEE the difference?
Which one is true?
Which one is false?

B. Christans believe this - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1-14
1 Cor 15:24 "When He hands the Kingdom to his God and Father (the Word became Flesh = Jesus the only begotten of the Father full of Grace and Truth) If you had known Me, you should of known my Father also...John 14:7-15
I and My Father are One(Echad) Read and BELIEVE John chapter 17
the ONLY begotten of the Father, the Son of God who is One(Echad) with God who is seated at the right hand of Father, whom the Father has appointed Heir over all things.
The Holy Spirit of God the Spirit of Truth whom the world cannot receive - These Three are One = They are Echad = Father Son Holy Spirit

Last edited:

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Foolish conjecture you made.

B. Christans believe this - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1-14
1 Cor 15:24 "When He hands the Kingdom to his God and Father (the Word became Flesh = Jesus the only begotten of the Father full of Grace and Truth) If you had known Me, you should of known my Father also...John 14:7-15
I and My Father are One(Echad) Read and BELIEVE John chapter 17
the ONLY begotten of the Father, the Son of God who is One(Echad) with God who is seated at the right hand of Father, whom the Father has appointed Heir over all things.
The Holy Spirit of God the Spirit of Truth whom the world cannot receive - These Three are One = They are Echad = Father Son Holy Spirit

Do you SEE how the trinity is leading you away from what the Bible teaches? For one, if they are three separate persons that are co-equal, then why is Jesus handing the Kingdom over to his God and Father?

Obviously claiming God Almighty hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father is a false and inaccurate doctrine.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you SEE how the trinity is leading you away from what the Bible teaches? For one, if they are three separate persons that are co-equal, then why is Jesus handing the Kingdom over to his God and Father?

Obviously claiming God Almighty hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father is a false and inaccurate doctrine.
Why is Jesus handing over the Kingdom to his God and Father?
Because that is part of the TRINITY.
The TRINITY =Father, Son, Holy Spirit agreed to this Plan, BEFORE, the creation of the world.
The TRINITY = Father, Son, Holy Spirit are Echad = a United One
The TRINITY = Father, Son, Holy Spirit are in Authority = not you, not me, not the angels (pray and read Hebrews chapter 1)

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is Jesus handing over the Kingdom to his God and Father?
Because that is part of the TRINITY.
The TRINITY =Father, Son, Holy Spirit agreed to this Plan, BEFORE, the creation of the world.
The TRINITY = Father, Son, Holy Spirit are Echad = a United One
The TRINITY = Father, Son, Holy Spirit are in Authority = not you, not me, not the angels (pray and read Hebrews chapter 1)

Interesting. You mentioned Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. All three are begotten, although not at the same time. Which means they can't be co-existent.

Therefore, claiming all three are co-existent is a false and inaccurate doctrine. Unless all three are begotten persons at the same time. Terah begat Abraham otherwise he would not exist. Abraham was begotten which means he was brought forth by Terah. Same with Isaac whom was begotten by Abraham and Jacob whom was begotten by Isaac.

Therefore, if Jesus was begotten, then he was begotten by someone who existed before he did. You don't beget something that already exists. It comes into existence. If Jesus was begotten, then at one time he was not.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. You mentioned Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. All three are begotten, although not at the same time. Which means they can't be co-existent.

Therefore, claiming all three are co-existent is a false and inaccurate doctrine. Unless all three are begotten persons at the same time. Terah begat Abraham otherwise he would not exist. Abraham was begotten which means he was brought forth by Terah. Same with Isaac whom was begotten by Abraham and Jacob whom was begotten by Isaac.

Therefore, if Jesus was begotten, then he was begotten by someone who existed before he did. You don't beget something that already exists. It comes into existence. If Jesus was begotten, then at one time he was not.

LOL - this is too funny - thanks for the laugh

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um . . .

Matthew 24:23-27 KJV
23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25) Behold, I have told you before.
26) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27) For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Revelation 1:7 KJV
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Much love!
So an invisible 'spiritual' 2nd coming would be pronounced by those who say 'He is here!" of 'He is there!' ?

Same as those who predict His coming on a mountain top they gathered to for watching?

Sort of like those who say he came in spirit and not in the flesh?

Since He came in the flesh the first time, He will certainly come bodily the 2nd time.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL - this is too funny - thanks for the laugh
The created christ believers always argue with human reasoning. They apply humanism to all Scripture. So, if they can't comprehend it humanly, then it must not be so with God.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. (John 1)

We are not called to believe only what we can comprehend, even as not to only believe by sight. We are called to believe what is written plainly in one place, and then be guided into all the truth of it elsewhere in Scripture.

And the best thing about God's Word, is that if we read it plainly, then we can certainly what is what: And the Word was God.

Reactions: David in NJ