The Second Coming of Christ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Learn what εγω ειμι means... "For there stood by me this night an angel of the God whose I am, whom also I serve," (Acts 27:23) εγω ειμι Acts 27:23 Interlinear: for there stood by me this night a messenger of God -- whose I am, and whom I serve --
You continue to deflect.

Yes, I know 'ego eimi'.

What you are deflecting from is this, so I'll repost it:

Your answer there is in Philippians 2, I'm sure you know about it. Jesus "took on the form of a servant", being found in fashion as a man. This is one of those places where understanding Who Jesus actually is will allow you to just read the verse "as is".

He "took on the form of a servant". Someone Who already has existance can "take on a form". In that this "taking on a form" is accomplished by "being found in fashion as a man", this Someone Who already exists does so prior to being found in fashion as a man. And that this One takes on the form of a servant, His form was not of a servant. Angels, for instance, are servants, ministering spirits to those inheriting salvation.

That He took on the form of a servant is why He is handing the keys to His Father.

Much love!

~ simply stated, the verse shows that Jesus existed before His incarnation, and was not a servant-angel, one of the created ministering spirits, who minister to those inheriting salvation.

But I completely understand why you would want to try to indirectly wriggle away from this.

Much love!

Reactions: David in NJ