The Secret Name Of Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saw it and it.... still didn't answer the question, nor touched on my point that made what you shared in post 8 invalid.

In peace

I answered your question about the Bible being the Word of God. I answered your confusion concerning the progression of revelation from God.

It is not invalid just because you don't want to believe it.

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went ahead and listened to it. (Well, "at it") IMHO, that Blowhard is just trying to be clever and cute. He really just wasted his time and mine in recording that video.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came across this YT video that someone retweeted on my twitter page. The title really struck me because I am a bit into conspiracy theories, so anything that could share truth that's been hidden from us is something I like to watch.

This video shocked me! Not because it was sharing something that's been hidden, rather it was sharing something that's been hidden in plain sight! I won't spoil the secret name here because I think the video does well to explain (also has good build up). It's a bit lengthy, but gets to the secret name pretty quickly. The dialogue afterwards is pretty interesting, though I was mainly there to check out the secret name bit. I didn't pay much attention after that.

The graphics were cool, though.

Here's the link if anyone is interested:
bit.ly/SecretName

In peace

Jesus has a name written that no one knows but he himself.” (Revelation 19:12b) The Bible already speaks of God’s Son by names such as Jesus, Immanuel, and Michael. But this unstated “name” appears to stand for the position and privileges that Jesus enjoys during the Lord’s day. (Compare Revelation 2:17.) Isaiah, describing Jesus since 1914, says: “His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6) The apostle Paul associated Jesus’ name with His very high privileges of service when he wrote: “God exalted [Jesus] to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend.”—Philippians 2:9, 10.

Jesus’ privileges are unique. Apart from Jehovah himself, only Jesus can comprehend what it means to hold such a high position. (Compare Matthew 11:27.) Therefore, of all God’s creatures, only Jesus can fully appreciate this name. Nevertheless, Jesus does include his bride in some of these privileges. So he makes this promise: “The one that conquers . . . I will write upon him . . . that new name of mine.”—Revelation 3:12.

John adds: “And he is arrayed with an outer garment sprinkled with blood, and the name he is called is The Word of God.” (Revelation 19:13) Whose “blood” is this? It could be Jesus’ lifeblood, shed for the sake of mankind. (Revelation 1:5) But, in this context, it more likely refers to the blood of his enemies that is spilled when Jehovah’s judgments are executed upon them. We are reminded of the earlier vision in which the vine of the earth is reaped and trodden in the great winepress of the anger of God until the blood reaches “as high up as the bridles of the horses”—signifying a great victory over God’s enemies. (Revelation 14:18-20) Likewise, the blood sprinkled on Jesus’ outer garment confirms that his victory is decisive and complete. (Compare Isaiah 63:1-6.) Now John again speaks of Jesus’ being called by a name. This time it is a widely known name—“The Word of God”—identifying this Warrior-King as Jehovah’s Chief Spokesman and Champion of truth.—John 1:1; Revelation 1:1.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is really no need to try to insult him like that, you can just say that you are of another denomination, despite your personal feelings about his.

I'm not worrying what people think about me and what I believe. There were a people in the past who truly believed they were God's people and insulted Jesus and his disciples. I understand people's right to disagree but we should be wary of judging people and insulting people. We can truly believe to be God people and be wrong just like people in the past. I choose to leave judging to God and his Only-begotten son and while I may disagree with what a person believes I try my best to do it respectfully without insulting anyone or judging anyone.

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain, where is the gospel changed?
This can be a very big elaborate post that I can write up to share the heresy that has gone in the name of Jesus through churches today and past alike. Frankly, I am feeling a bit lazy (please forgive me) so I will just give a link that explains THE biggest heresy today and we can go one point at a time.
bit.ly/MostHatedCommand
Please keep discussion hereafter focused on the point being presented, or else I can see this getting way off topic than it needs to be. Thanks in advance.

Peace be to all who read these words.

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This time it is a widely known name—“The Word of God”—identifying this Warrior-King as Jehovah’s Chief Spokesman and Champion of truth.—John 1:1; Revelation 1:1.

I personally feel like there was a lot of non-needed commentary to get to the point of the video. Please, in future try to keep it on the point. Thanks.

Indeed, Jesus is given the name "Word of God" and it is widely known as a name. But how many people knew it was another name for Jesus? Don't we hear all the time in church (or should I say Kingdom hall?) that the Bible is the Word of God? This confusion causes many 'suss' doctrines to be made by making other bible writers equal to or greater than the TRUE Word of God (i.e., Jesus).

Using the Bible to interpret Jesus' words is wrong. We should interpret the rest of the Bible with the words of Jesus. This is the only correct way to interpret scripture. Unless we build our house on the cornerstone, then our house won't be aligned properly. We must start and end with Jesus. The author and finisher of our faith.

The doctrine that the Bible is the Word of God has, sadly, produce fruit that cancels out what Jesus says to promote what someone else says.

That is the importance in knowing the difference between Jesus and the bible being the Word of God.

Peace be to everyone who reads these words

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered your question about the Bible being the Word of God. I answered your confusion concerning the progression of revelation from God.

It is not invalid just because you don't want to believe it.

Stranger
I think your words you are saying is really directed at yourself in the mirror.

people usually give hints at what they feel themselves when they criticize others.

BTW, all your points I brought forth a counter argument to, so is it me that doesn't want to believe the truth if I've answered all your statements, but you haven't answered mine? Food for thought.

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went ahead and listened to it. (Well, "at it") IMHO, that Blowhard is just trying to be clever and cute. He really just wasted his time and mine in recording that video.
Woah, that's some strong opposition to say without expressing your reasoning behind those thoughts. I'm all up to hear why you think this, cause maybe you saw something that I missed? Please do help me see if I am blind to it?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is really no need to try to insult him like that, you can just say that you are of another denomination, despite your personal feelings about his.

Glad you said that....I was “thinking “ that, but didn’t think to SAY it.
Many on here are just ignorant and arrogant about their ignorance!!! LOL

Reactions: Willie T

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think your words you are saying is really directed at yourself in the mirror.

people usually give hints at what they feel themselves when they criticize others.

BTW, all your points I brought forth a counter argument to, so is it me that doesn't want to believe the truth if I've answered all your statements, but you haven't answered mine? Food for thought.

I showed you in post #(8) that the Bible is the written Word of God. You have not refuted it other than saying Jesus is the Word.

Stranger