The Serpent Seed Theology [removed from another thread]

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone asks a question, it is to someone other than themselves.
When it is or may be from a false , even bad, motive, then it need not be answered.

Jesus did NOT answer all the questions put to Him, not even questions from His Own Disciples.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please elaborate

The whole purpose of satan having sex with Eve was to prevent the line that Christ would come through,it had to be pure .Eve had twins ,one from satan(cain)one from Adam (Abel)

That attempt failed ,then he sent his angels in Gen 6 that failed as well .That's why it's stated that Noah was perfect,meaning not that he didn't sin,but that his daughters hadn't mingled with the fallen angels,meaning the line that Christ would come was still pure.

What one needs to understand is that satan knows the Word better than most Christians,he just twist it,in the same manner he tempted Christ.

But anyway that failed,then what did he(satan)do?Herod who killed every son under the age of 5.That failed as well ,of course that failed as well,then what happened?He tried to tempt Christ
This whole fallacy is based on the floored assumption that Adam and Eve were the first people ever. They were not. The world was well advanced by this time, early man lived in caves, these people were building walled cities to protect themselves from invading nations. Furthermore, this is an Old Testament parable that tells us sin entered the world by the disobedience of humankind to God. Thirdly, snakes do not procreate with humans.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What descendants of Cain? They were all killed in the flood.
The whole world to the Israelites was the land of Israel, it was the land of Israel that got flooded, not the whole globe.

Neither did Noah collect animals from all seven continents. I doubt they knew of America's existence, neither did Noah have Polar Bears or Kangaroos in the Ark, they were animals local to him.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Serpent Seed doctrine is PURE BALONEY.

I don't know about that. I don't agree with all that has been said about it, but I think there is something to it.

Scripture is clear that there is a 'serpent seed'. (Gen. 3:15) "And I will put enmity between thee, and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;...."

If 'her seed' results in a man, which it does in Jesus Christ, then shouldn't the 'serpent seed' result in a man, the anti-christ? Which begs the question, how would such a man be born into the family of man? How does the dna get introduced?

I don't have all the answers but I think there is something to it.

Stranger

Reactions: n2thelight

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here is the explanation of Genesis 3:15 from the Believers Bible in eSword.

Verse 15 switches to the Devil himself. This verse is known as the protevangelium, meaning "The First Gospel." It predicts the perpetual hostility between Satan and the woman (representing all mankind), and between Satan's seed (his agents) and her Seed (the Messiah).

The woman's Seed would crush the Devil's head, a mortal wound, thereby spelling utter defeat. This wound was administered at Calvary when the Saviour decisively triumphed over the Devil.

Satan, in turn, would bruise the Messiah's heel. The heel wound here speaks of suffering and even of physical death, but not of ultimate defeat. So Christ suffered on the cross, and even died, but He arose from the dead, victorious over sin, hell, and Satan.

The fact that He is called the woman's Seed may contain a suggestion of His virgin birth. Note the kindness of God in promising the Messiah before pronouncing sentence in the following verses.

-----------------------------------
This is a wonderful example of the divinely inspired Word of God, right at the beginning of the Bible. I am not sure exactly when it was written but it was several thousand years ago, so please do not spoil scripture by letting your imaginations run wild with silly theories.

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about that. I don't agree with all that has been said about it, but I think there is something to it.

Scripture is clear that there is a 'serpent seed'. (Gen. 3:15) "And I will put enmity between thee, and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;...."

If 'her seed' results in a man, which it does in Jesus Christ, then shouldn't the 'serpent seed' result in a man, the anti-christ? Which begs the question, how would such a man be born into the family of man? How does the dna get introduced?

I don't have all the answers but I think there is something to it.

Stranger
What does Jesus say ? "My Words Are Spirit And They Are Life (Truth)"

When Peter spoke not after the Way of God, but of man, Jesus rebuked either Peter and/or hasatan for that.

As 'if'? a seed of hasatan was present .... not being Peter, as clarified, but the seed of unbelief. (common , very common, here today)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole world to the Israelites was the land of Israel, it was the land of Israel that got flooded, not the whole globe.

Neither did Noah collect animals from all seven continents. I doubt they knew of America's existence, neither did Noah have Polar Bears or Kangaroos in the Ark, they were animals local to him.

That isn't what God said in His Word. And Noah wasn't an Israelite.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That isn't what God said in His Word. And Noah wasn't an Israelite.

The Old Testament is about Eretz Yisrael and its immediate neighbours, not Australians, Canadians or any other part of the world. When people visit Israel they are going to "The Land of Israel" but the land of Israel does not cover the whole globe. Let the Bible explain itself.

In Exodus 10:5 a plague of Locusts "covered the face of the whole earth."
Quite clearly the locusts did not cover the whole globe, they only covered the land of Egypt and then probably not all of it.

In Numbers 22:5,11 we read that after the Israelites were delivered from Egypt and settled in Canaan they "Covered the face of the earth."
This is simply their way of saying they occupied the land in which they were dwelling.

When Cain went to the Land of Nod the Bible says "Behold thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth." (Gen 4:14) The earth for him was the place where he lived.

When the devil tempted Jesus he took him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. The kingdoms of the world were what they could see i.e. local. (Matthew 4:8)

The same idiom is used to describe the Israelite conquest of Canaan,
Deut 2:25 This day I will begin to put the dread and fear of you on the peoples who are under the whole heaven, who shall hear the report of you and shall tremble and be in anguish because of you.

Incas and Inuit weren't trembling in anguish, it was the people in the region, Canaanites Moabites and Edomites.

When the Bible talks about the whole land or the face of the earth, it means the land or the earth of Israel and not the whole globe.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Testament is about Eretz Yisrael and its immediate neighbours, not Australians, Canadians or any other part of the world. When people visit Israel they are going to "The Land of Israel" but the land of Israel does not cover the whole globe. Let the Bible explain itself.

In Exodus 10:5 a plague of Locusts "covered the face of the whole earth."
Quite clearly the locusts did not cover the whole globe, they only covered the land of Egypt and then probably not all of it.

In Numbers 22:5,11 we read that after the Israelites were delivered from Egypt and settled in Canaan they "Covered the face of the earth."
This is simply their way of saying they occupied the land in which they were dwelling.

When Cain went to the Land of Nod the Bible says "Behold thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth." (Gen 4:14) The earth for him was the place where he lived.

When the devil tempted Jesus he took him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. The kingdoms of the world were what they could see i.e. local. (Matthew 4:8)

The same idiom is used to describe the Israelite conquest of Canaan,
Deut 2:25 This day I will begin to put the dread and fear of you on the peoples who are under the whole heaven, who shall hear the report of you and shall tremble and be in anguish because of you.

Incas and Inuit weren't trembling in anguish, it was the people in the region, Canaanites Moabites and Edomites.

When the Bible talks about the whole land or the face of the earth, it means the land or the earth of Israel and not the whole globe.

Seeing as their are sea life fossils found all over the globe, the flood was worldwide. That's science.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noah was living about 5 or 6 thousand years ago and no other people or nations were wiped out.
Someone told you that.

God tells you all the people on earth were destroyed, except Noah and the seven with him.

You chose to believe someone totally opposed to God.

That ends in death, not life.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This whole fallacy is based on the floored assumption that Adam and Eve were the first people ever. They were not.
If they were not the first human beings, why would Scripture attribute the introduction of sin and death into the world through Adam? And why would it be necessary to have a *last Adam* who would undo the damage done by the first Adam?

We must take the creation account as given. As for the *Serpent Seed* doctrine, it is clearly refuted in the Bible (Gen 4:1) and those are the words of God the Holy Spirit given to Moses, since only God knew exactly what happened at that time.

ADAM HAD INTERCOURSE WITH HIS WIFE EVE
And Adam knew Eve his wife... [Note: knew is a euphemism for sexual intercourse]

EVE CONCEIVED A CHILD AS A RESULT
...and she conceived.. [Note: intercourse leads to conception]

THE NAME OF HER FIRSTBORN SON WAS CAIN
...and bare [bore] Cain... [Note: "Cain" (Heb Qayin) means obtained or acquired, hence "I have gotten a man"]

EVE ATTRIBUTED THE CHILD TO GOD'S GRACE
...and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. [Note: Eve acknowledged Yahweh (the LORD = YHWH) as being directly involved with the gift of the child]

The "seed" of the Serpent refers to those who are evil, and enemies of God and Christ. They were called children of the Devil by Christ metaphorically, since Satan is the source of all evil. They displayed the character of Satan, hence the children of the Devil.

Reactions: Ezra

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must take the creation account as given.
All who trust God the Creator, and who have faith in Jesus the Messiah our Savior, do believe God's Word.

As written, all who reject God's Word have already or do also reject Jesus and His Father.

Reactions: Enoch111

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If they were not the first human beings, why would Scripture attribute the introduction of sin and death into the world through Adam? And why would it be necessary to have a *last Adam* who would undo the damage done by the first Adam?

We must take the creation account as given. As for the *Serpent Seed* doctrine, it is clearly refuted in the Bible (Gen 4:1) and those are the words of God the Holy Spirit given to Moses, since only God knew exactly what happened at that time.

ADAM HAD INTERCOURSE WITH HIS WIFE EVE
And Adam knew Eve his wife... [Note: knew is a euphemism for sexual intercourse]

EVE CONCEIVED A CHILD AS A RESULT
...and she conceived.. [Note: intercourse leads to conception]

THE NAME OF HER FIRSTBORN SON WAS CAIN
...and bare [bore] Cain... [Note: "Cain" (Heb Qayin) means obtained or acquired, hence "I have gotten a man"]

EVE ATTRIBUTED THE CHILD TO GOD'S GRACE
...and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. [Note: Eve acknowledged Yahweh (the LORD = YHWH) as being directly involved with the gift of the child]

The "seed" of the Serpent refers to those who are evil, and enemies of God and Christ. They were called children of the Devil by Christ metaphorically, since Satan is the source of all evil. They displayed the character of Satan, hence the children of the Devil.

The father of Cain and Able was called Adam, but he was not the first man ever. Cain was living in the Bronze Age and he went to live in another country, the land of Nod, where they were building a walled city to protect themselves from other nations.

You ask about the first and last adam, the Hebrew word for man is adamah meaning simply man. It is not a persons name, just the first human being ever. There is a big time gap between the first man who came out of the ground and the father of Cain and Able.

Sin came by adamah, it was already in the world at the time of Cain and Able. The death penalty was already established. The Lord put a mark on Cains forehead so he would not be put to death for murder.

Last edited: