The Serpent Seed Theology [removed from another thread]

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The enemy of Christ sure likes to slip those extra millions in everyplace he can, doesn't he ?

It continues to disrupt those too young to know better, to cause some to stumble, and woe to those who cause them to stumble!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does Jesus say ? "My Words Are Spirit And They Are Life (Truth)"

When Peter spoke not after the Way of God, but of man, Jesus rebuked either Peter and/or hasatan for that.

As 'if'? a seed of hasatan was present .... not being Peter, as clarified, but the seed of unbelief. (common , very common, here today)

Jesus never indicated Peter was of the seed of the serpent or devil. Jesus addressed the devil who was behind Peter's words.

And you ignored my questions in post #(50).

Stranger

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please elaborate

The whole purpose of satan having sex with Eve was to prevent the line that Christ would come through,it had to be pure .Eve had twins ,one from satan(cain)one from Adam (Abel)

That attempt failed ,then he sent his angels in Gen 6 that failed as well .That's why it's stated that Noah was perfect,meaning not that he didn't sin,but that his daughters hadn't mingled with the fallen angels,meaning the line that Christ would come was still pure.

What one needs to understand is that satan knows the Word better than most Christians,he just twist it,in the same manner he tempted Christ.

But anyway that failed,then what did he(satan)do?Herod who killed every son under the age of 5.That failed as well ,of course that failed as well,then what happened?He tried to tempt Christ

It was clearly ADAM'S disobedience to God's command not to eat the fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil that caused the Fall and brought sin into the world. It was not through anything Eve did. Paul named Adam as the perpetrator in his epistle to the Romans. Paul echoes this in 1 Corinthians.

Romans 5:12-21--Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Cor 15:20-24--But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:8 "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1 John 3:10 "In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother".

a "seed" here is spiritual, and not phyical. a child of God don't practice/committeth "SIN", scripture, Ezekiel 18:20 "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him".

sinneth, means to practice sin, or contuine in it. so a "offspring/Seed", will be determin by the "behaviour" of the child. and God children don't practice "SIN", meaning it's a way of life for them.

PICJAG.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
It was clearly ADAM'S disobedience to God's command not to eat the fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil that caused the Fall and brought sin into the world. It was not through anything Eve did. Paul named Adam as the perpetrator in his epistle to the Romans. Paul echoes this in 1 Corinthians.

Romans 5:12-21--Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Cor 15:20-24--But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Simple question,who was that tree?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it silly?We have the Milk and the Meat of the Word.Those still on the milk can't understand the meat....

You are fighting against the Word of God that says that Adam is the father of Cain. I don't respect that, and I don't want to continue this post of farce.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are fighting against the Word of God that says that Adam is the father of Cain. I don't respect that, and I don't want to continue this post of farce.
By the way, You were asking about Adam's dates. I found out that Dr Usser dates the birth of Adam to 4004 BC.
Around 4000 BC, there were enough people in West Asia, Egypt, China, and Peru for them to live in small cities (about 10,000-50,000 people). These places began to choose kings to govern them. Then they formed the first small empires. They built the world’s first big buildings, the ziggurat temples in West Asia.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dr Usher dates creation and Adam, the first man out of the ground, to 4004 BC.
4892 B.C. Adam and Eve (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:3)
4762 B.C. Seth born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:6) .
4657 B.C. Enosh born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:9) .
4567 B.C. Cainan (alt. Kenan) born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:12) .
4497 B.C. Mahalalel born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:15) .
4432 B.C. Jared born (D:Heb/70)(B:Heb/70 Genesis 5:18) .
4270 B.C. Enoch born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:21) .
4205 B.C. Methuselah born (D:Heb/70)(B:Heb/70 Genesis 5:25) .
4018 B.C. Lamech born (D:Heb)(B:Heb Genesis 5:28) .
3962 B.C. Adam dies. (Genesis 5:4) .

By the way, You were asking about Adam's dates. I found out that Dr Usser dates the birth of Adam to 4004 BC.

That messes with your dates.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That messes with your dates.
The figures are other peoples, but they do give us a range of about 900 years for the Biblical Adam, which could be helpful when researching the Kennite people who inhabited the Land of Nod.

However, adam with a small 'a' or adamah in the Hebrew meaning man, who we read about in the creation account goes back three million years or more.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This unorthodox post is silly, and I would rather get into more meaningful discussions.

Signing off...

Without a doubt some very unorthodox views will be given surrounding such a subject. But, it merits wading through all that to find the source of truth from which it grows.

We can only go as far as the revealed Word lets us. And this topic, 'Serpent Seed' goes back to 'origins'. This means it will undoubtedly involve the doctrine of election and the 'children of promise'.

Verses and questions to consider.

1.) Shouldn't the seed of the serpent result in a man, as the seed of the woman did in Jesus Christ. (Gen. 3:15)

2.) How is that seed passed down? How is it introduced into the family of man?

3.) (John 8:23-24) "...Ye are from beneath; I am from above....."

(John 8:41-42) "...Ye do the deeds of your father...If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God...."

(John 8:44) "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do..."

(John 10:26) "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep...."

(John 3:3) "...Except a man be born again, (Born from above), he cannot see the kingdom of God." Parenthesis mine.

4.) Doesn't it appear that the children of the devil and children of God are such even before they accept or reject Christ? Jesus was clear that they did not believe because they were not his. He didn't say you are not mine because you don't believe. He said the reason you don't believe is that you are not mine.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to add also that this doctrine should in no way cause the believer to be concerned about whether or not they are a child of God. If you believe in Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you are a child of God.

Stranger

Reactions: Cooper

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Without a doubt some very unorthodox views will be given surrounding such a subject. But, it merits wading through all that to find the source of truth from which it grows.

We can only go as far as the revealed Word lets us. And this topic, 'Serpent Seed' goes back to 'origins'. This means it will undoubtedly involve the doctrine of election and the 'children of promise'.

Verses and questions to consider.

1.) Shouldn't the seed of the serpent result in a man, as the seed of the woman did in Jesus Christ. (Gen. 3:15)

2.) How is that seed passed down? How is it introduced into the family of man?

3.) (John 8:23-24) "...Ye are from beneath; I am from above....."

(John 8:41-42) "...Ye do the deeds of your father...If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God...."

(John 8:44) "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do..."

(John 10:26) "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep...."

(John 3:3) "...Except a man be born again, (Born from above), he cannot see the kingdom of God." Parenthesis mine.

4.) Doesn't it appear that the children of the devil and children of God are such even before they accept or reject Christ? Jesus was clear that they did not believe because they were not his. He didn't say you are not mine because you don't believe. He said the reason you don't believe is that you are not mine.

Stranger

You are on the right track. Here is the explanation of Genesis 3:15 from the Believers Bible in eSword. The passage is about the perpetual hostility between Satan and the woman (who represents all humanity), and between Satan's seed (his agents, the wicked) and her Seed (the Messiah).

The woman's Seed, the Messiah, gave Satan a crushing blow at Calvary when the Saviour decisively triumphed over the Devil.

Satan, in turn bruised the Messiah's heel, the heel speaking of suffering and even Christ's physical death, but not his ultimate defeat. So Christ suffered on the cross, and even died, but He arose from the dead, victorious over sin, hell, and Satan.

The woman's Seed may be a reference to His virgin birth. The wonderful thing is, that this prophetic word picture was painted right at the beginning of the Bible, proof, if proof was needed of the Bibles divine inspiration. God bless.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Cooper

You gave that quote already. The analogy in places doesn't work. You have satan's seed resulting in plural 'agents'. You have the womans seed resulting in a singular Christ.

Though from Adam and Eve you will have all humanity, the specific hostility between the woman and satan is against her. This is why there are such terrible crimes committed against women. And the measuring rod for a safe society is whether or not a woman can walk safely at night on the streets. So, I don't see the woman representing all humanity.

Yes, (Gen. 3:15) is the first prophecy in the Bible.

Stranger