The seven fold Spirit of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here it is.

5 In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.

8 The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

There are 8 steps. 7 is the number of completion; 8 is the number of new beginnings or the 8th day/eternity. This passage is what I call the process of glorification. IOW how we become like Christ. Romans 8:29.

Reactions: marks and amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, well if you say the Spirit of God is a 7 fold Spirit, I do not take that to mean 7 different spirits...
While there is only one Holy Spirit, the seven spirits of God are seven aspects of the Holy Spirit as seen in Christ and His ministry. At the same time, God is not limited, so the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit encompass all the attributes of God.

However, when Christ presented Himself the the Jews (Luke 4:17-19) He brought the seven aspects of the Holy Spirit before them as being displayed in their Messiah (quoting from Isaiah 61):
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because

[1] he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;

[2] he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted,

[3] to preach deliverance to the captives,

[4] and recovering of sight to the blind,

[5] to set at liberty them that are bruised,

[6] To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

[Note: this is the Day of Grace in which we presently see ourselves]

[7] and the day of vengeance of our God.

[Note: this is not mentioned by Christ at this point, since this is reserved for His Second Coming]

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seven fold Spirit of God?
OP ^

Isa 11:2
[2] And the spirit of the LORD shall rest " upon him," the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Isa11:2
[1] And there shall come forth " a rod " out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

The "rod"...

1Cor 15:
[45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the "last Adam" was made aquickening spirit.

John 14:
[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I would say the Seven Spirits of God ARE:
The Lord Jesus the Christ:
1) Way of Life in Truth
2) Wisdom of God
3) Understanding
4) Counsel
5) Might/Power
6) Knowledge
7) Fear of God

1 Cor 12:
[4] Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

Diversities of Gifts...yet ONE SAME Spirit:

Christ: The HOLY SPIRIT.

1 Cor 10:
[4] And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

The Holy Spirit, UPON Him, IN Him, IS Him...

1 Cor 1:
[24] But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
by HearttoSoul
The Seven Spirits of God
Here is the thread I started if you want to read thru and see what was shared there.
The Seven Spirits of God

Hello @Heart2Soul,

I differ from you in regard to what the seven spirits of God are. They are referred to, in Revelation 3:1, Revelation 4:5; and Revelation 5:6.

* In 3:1, ' ... These things saith He that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars ... ' (see 1:4). The Holy Spirit, as co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Son, could not be properly spoken of as a possession of Christ; and placed on the same footing as the seven stars, 'which are the angels of the seven assemblies.' When Christ speaks of 'having' these, it does not mean having them in possession as attributes, but having them in His power for use, disposal and command.

* In 4:5, these
'spirits' are said to be 'before the throne', ready to obey the commands of Him who sits thereon.

In 5:6, the Lamb is described as having 'seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God,' In regard to the seven eyes, see Zechariah 4:10 and 3:9:-

'For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.' (Zecharia 4:10)

'Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
(Zechariah 3:8-9)

* Here the seven eyes denote the fact that the Lord is about to remove the iniquity of the Land of Israel. In Revelation 5:6 The Lion spoken of by the Elder is about to put forth His power and eject the usurper from his dominion.
'The prince of this world is (already) judged' (John 16:11), Sentence has been passed; a judgement summons has been issued (John 12:31 & John 16:11); and execution is about to be put in (Revelation 12). All this is shown to be in virtue of the 'right' obtained by the payment of the redemption price: that is why John sees a Lamb as 'having been slain.'

* So, the seven spirits that are before the throne of God, should be allowed to remain as described in God's Word.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Note: I posted this in the wrong thread, and only now realised my mistake, so have placed it here as intended

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace and peace to you from the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come; from the sevenfold Spirit before his throne; 5 and from Jesus Christ.
Revelation 1:4 (nkjv)
[ Greeting the Seven Churches ] John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,

the greek is hepta (7) Pneuma (spirit)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Heart2Soul,

I differ from you in regard to what the seven spirits of God are. They are referred to, in Revelation 3:1, Revelation 4:5; and Revelation 5:6.

* In 3:1, ' ... These things saith He that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars ... ' (see 1:4). The Holy Spirit, as co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Son, could not be properly spoken of as a possession of Christ; and placed on the same footing as the seven stars, 'which are the angels of the seven assemblies.' When Christ speaks of 'having' these, it does not mean having them in possession as attributes, but having them in His power for use, disposal and command.

* In 4:5, these
'spirits' are said to be 'before the throne', ready to obey the commands of Him who sits thereon.

In 5:6, the Lamb is described as having 'seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God,' In regard to the seven eyes, see Zechariah 4:10 and 3:9:-

'For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.' (Zecharia 4:10)

'Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
(Zechariah 3:8-9)

* Here the seven eyes denote the fact that the Lord is about to remove the iniquity of the Land of Israel. In Revelation 5:6 The Lion spoken of by the Elder is about to put forth His power and eject the usurper from his dominion.
'The prince of this world is (already) judged' (John 16:11), Sentence has been passed; a judgement summons has been issued (John 12:31 & John 16:11); and execution is about to be put in (Revelation 12). All this is shown to be in virtue of the 'right' obtained by the payment of the redemption price: that is why John sees a Lamb as 'having been slain.'

* So, the seven spirits that are before the throne of God, should be allowed to remain as described in God's Word.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Note: I posted this in the wrong thread, and only now realised my mistake, so have placed it here as intended

In my thread I didn't know anything about the Seven Spirits of God so I turned to the forum for answers....and all the answers came from different members.....with different answers...lol....then I had to decide which one to go with...ha! not easy..but praying and seeking the Holy Spirit about it helped a lot.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL Some are likely, unfortunately, to get a bit stirred up if the result is not what has been determined by some.
I wouldn't jump the gun on that. Assuming people are getting riled up is likely to rile some up!

;)

Reactions: amadeus