The simplicity of the Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The simplicity of the Gospel... So simple that a mere child can understand.

In light of all the debates regarding those that believe in the loss of salvation... I have been forced to do some deep pondering...

Sometimes... I want to question God... Is it really true?? Am I really understanding correctly that YOU... my Lord and Saviour....have promised me ETERNAL SECURITY and SALVATION on the basis of my belief in the complete ATONEMENT of CHRIST on the CROSS and His SHED BLOOD??? Is this really the deal???

My heart... and my spirit scream YES... even though my mind and thoughts desire to reject this unbelievable TRUTH. The simplicity of it all... the beauty of it all... the outrageousness of it all.

How is it that I could possibly turn down this invitation... to partake as co-heir with Christ???

How is it that I would even DARE to question and attempt to correct the very work of GOD ALMIGHTY.

Scripture states that NOTHING can separate me from the LOVE of GOD. NOTHING... no man... no power... no principality... HE has me by HIS MIGHTY RIGHT HAND... and HE has promised never to let me go.

Thank you JESUS... for saving a wretch like me. I BELIEVE.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In light of all the debates regarding those that believe in the loss of salvation... I have been forced to do some deep pondering...

Sometimes... I want to question God... Is it really true?? Am I really understanding correctly that YOU... my Lord and Saviour....have promised me ETERNAL SECURITY and SALVATION on the basis of my belief in the complete ATONEMENT of CHRIST on the CROSS and His SHED BLOOD??? Is this really the deal???

My heart... and my spirit scream YES... even though my mind and thoughts desire to reject this unbelievable TRUTH. The simplicity of it all... the beauty of it all... the outrageousness of it all.

How is it that I could possibly turn down this invitation... to partake as co-heir with Christ???

How is it that I would even DARE to question and attempt to correct the very work of GOD ALMIGHTY.

Scripture states that NOTHING can separate me from the LOVE of GOD. NOTHING... no man... no power... no principality... HE has me by HIS MIGHTY RIGHT HAND... and HE has promised never to let me go.

Lovely words from the heart Addy. Keep on growing and meditating on your thoughts and heart's desires that are grounded in the Spirit of God with his Son. The goal and purpose of the gospel of course beyond repentance, is the KINGDOM of God, of Heaven for those that have the right mindset and heart (who have repented and turned to Christ already). We are saved for the new Kingdom not birthed from this earth.

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” Matthew 4:17

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are always people on these sites that will try to shake us but the Rock on which I stand is SOLID and I have a firm foundation in the gospel of Jesus and God's saving grace. I am an heir, and will always be an heir. i will nor be shaken by whims and fancies and downright lies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Addy
For God it is all simple, but for men with their own thoughts and often very carnal desires in the mix it has become for sometimes very complex.

Consider that in Eden, they very simply had only one command to obey... and they did it wrong. From there the complexities for carnal men increased and has continued to increase.

Even in your short OP Addy you have mentioned those complexities of men. Let us all then surrender to God continuously and allow Him to lead us along every step of our journey. With Jesus [and the Holy Ghost] it should and could be very simple indeed.

We need not decide that it must be this or it must be that. It must simply be Jesus!

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

Give God the glory!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

* There IS an "EVERLASTING" Gift of SALVATION "ALREADY PAID FOR"....and "OFFERED to " ALL men".

* There IS a "LOSS" of Salvation.

The "disagreement" IS: Between two schools of thought.
1) * ONE can NOT "LOSE" Salvation, "UNTIL" he has "RECEIVED" Salvation.
2) * ONE CAN "LOSE" Salvation, BY "NOT RECEIVING" "his" (bought, paid for, offered) Salvation.

Scripture TEACHES... Salvation IS ALREADY...
PAID FOR, and FOR every man TO FREELY ACCEPT or FREELY REJECT.

Salvation IS NOT FORCED...on anyone.
Salvation IS a GIFT, that is OFFERED.
All men can Freely Choose, TO RECEIVE the Gift OFFERED THEM...."OR NOT".

A man WHO Freely Chooses to "RECEIVE Gods Gift OFFERED to him" .... THEN, "RECEIVES" the Gift. ONCE and FOREVER.

A man WHO Freely Chooses to "REJECT Gods Gift OFFERED to him".... THEN, "LOSES" Gods Gift of Salvation, (that was bought and paid for Expressly FOR THAT MAN).

It is NOT a matter of a man, RECEIVING the Gift, and then "DECIDING TO GIVE IT BACK".

It IS a matter of a man, Choosing to Receive the Gift....or not. Or NOT...is that mans LOSS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

correct
Paul explains it here:
1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

its simple, that which is of God remains with God and that which is of the earth remains with the earth and that which is of darkness remains in darkness. if you are born again, born of the Holy Spirit that which is of God, it will remain with God.

Reactions: marks and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are always people on these sites that will try to shake us but the Rock on which I stand is SOLID and I have a firm foundation in the gospel of Jesus and God's saving grace. I am an heir, and will always be an heir. i will nor be shaken by whims and fancies and downright lies.

Amen. FACT IS:...A man "IN" Christ, "CAN NOT BE SHAKEN"...

That IS the Beauty of:
Heb 7;
[22] By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

The OLD Covenant, Required "MEN", (by their own strength, power, fortitude, ENDURANCE) ....TO Maintain and Keep their Belief IN God, their Faith IN God....
ALL the while being, "subjected to"...Crafty Notions, Ideals, Philosophies, Mindful Logical Conclusions....OF Worldly men.... WHO were and ARE STILL
" Written about, Quoted, Taught about, Their Ideas, Their Thoughts, Praised, touted, Famed, Taught AS Standing Truths ".

* The NEW Covenant, "IS" a man Accepting THE "POWER OF GOD...... "IN" the man....
AND the "POWER OF GOD".... "IN" the man "maintains and KEEPS" the man "IN" Belief.

And the beauty of THAT IS:
NOTHING, no one, has POWER Greater than God.

1 John 4:
[4] Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Glory to God...THE Almighty....ALL MIGHT and POWER above, ALL THINGS.

Taken

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen! When I compare God's grace and mercy to human mercy and what we consider graciousness it truly seems insane, like God is insanely and madly in love with us that He would even offer such a thing, despite the sin, despite refusing Him, He will still give grace. May God be blessed who gave us every spiritual gift in the heavenly places in Christ! Holy, holy, holy!

Beautiful passage from Hosea that goes well with this:

"And I will make for you a covenant on that day with the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the creeping things of the ground; and I will abolish the bow, the sword, and war from the land; and I will make you lie down in safety. And I will betroth you to me for ever; I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love, and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness; and you shall know the Lord.

And in that day, says the Lord,
I will answer the heavens
and they shall answer the earth;
and the earth shall answer the grain, the wine, and the oil,
and they shall answer Jezreel;
and I will sow him for myself in the land.
And I will have pity on Not pitied,
and I will say to Not my people, ‘You are my people’;
and he shall say, ‘Thou art my God.’
"

Reactions: Nancy

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You avoided my point and went to personal. No matter how I might were to answer your question, would God be glorified? Would anyone be edified?

Blessed my friend!

you challenged, not me, if you don't like the response, so what.

interesting self righteous back peddling there

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you challenged, not me, if you don't like the response, so what.

interesting self righteous back peddling there
I did not challenge. I simply stated where I am on this. You disagree and you may state that as well. Only God gives any meaningful increases and we praise Him for that!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amen! When I compare God's grace and mercy to human mercy and what we consider graciousness it truly seems insane, like God is insanely and madly in love with us that He would even offer such a thing, despite the sin, despite refusing Him, He will still give grace. May God be blessed who gave us every spiritual gift in the heavenly places in Christ! Holy, holy, holy!

Beautiful passage from Hosea that goes well with this:

"And I will make for you a covenant on that day with the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the creeping things of the ground; and I will abolish the bow, the sword, and war from the land; and I will make you lie down in safety. And I will betroth you to me for ever; I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love, and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness; and you shall know the Lord.

And in that day, says the Lord,
I will answer the heavens
and they shall answer the earth;
and the earth shall answer the grain, the wine, and the oil,
and they shall answer Jezreel;
and I will sow him for myself in the land.
And I will have pity on Not pitied,
and I will say to Not my people, ‘You are my people’;
and he shall say, ‘Thou art my God.’
"
Hosea is indeed very searching...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow... lots happens when one is away for 3 hours...

Not much to say on this topic... It was more of a pondering/lament.
God has all of the answers that we need. We simply, yes simply, must always be leaning on Him!

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Prov 3:5-6

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God has all of the answers that we need. We simply, yes simply, must always be leaning on Him!
I'm really sorry for the HARSH response you got on this thread... YOU know me amadeus... I don't like this sort of thing...
You will always be my gentle and tender friend... Please never have reservations about sharing your heart in ANY of my threads.
Much LOVE in CHRIST..... Addy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Prov 3:5-6
@amadeus Great verse, there, Proverbs 3.5 We were thinking about it last Lord's Day in church.

Reactions: amadeus and Truman

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Psalm 91:14-16 (Good News Translation)

14 God says, “I will save those who love me
and will protect those who acknowledge me as Lord.
15 When they call to me, I will answer them;
when they are in trouble, I will be with them.
I will rescue them and honor them.
16 I will reward them with long life;
I will save them.”