The Sin Nature

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
According to you. Who are you ? I answer to God and him only. He provided for my salvation ,not some mere man!
Jesus was not a mere man.

When you do answer to God you will answer for that blasphemy.
This is a Christian site. Now I understand why you don't know the gospel.
Jesus was a mere man?
Wow! It is not blessed to call Jesus that.

I'll be ignoring that doctrine of demons now. Take it with you.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus was a mere man?

That is not the point. The point is that Jesus became flesh and dwelt among us to bear the burden of sin for our salvation. He became the sacrifice without spot or blemish.

Does that make Him greater than all other men? Yes. Does that mean He was not tempted like other men? No.

Either way there is no need to be offended by those who consider Jesus a brother...even if it is premature (before becoming sons).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I warn those who think that we as believers on Christ Jesus cannot have future sin, nor be held accountable for it by Lord Jesus when He returns. This certainly is NOT some anti-Gospel message, it is a WARNING DIRECTLY FROM LORD JESUS per that Matthew 7:21-23 Scripture below.

Notice what Lord Jesus taught in Matthew 7 with those who will claim on the day of His future return, "Lord, Lord", of how they did many wonderful works in His name...

Matt 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto Me, "Lord, Lord", shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?"

23 And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."

KJV

That means working iniquity as a believer on Jesus Christ CAN... get you into TROUBLE WITH HIM at His future coming.

And that goes directly against any idea that we have no need for REPENTANCE TO JESUS OF FUTURE SINS WE MAY COMMIT.

You know WHY Lord Jesus will say He never knew those? Because they just went about their 'own' business thinking they were already saved, and thought they had no further need to talk with Him about their future mess-ups! Working our problems out directly talking with Jesus is one of the reasons for Communion with Christ!

And what better way for the devil to get many brethren in trouble with Jesus when He returns, by making them think they can never sin anymore after having believed The Gospel, and thus never need to repent anymore!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't labor to retain our salvation. We don't need confess to indwelling God our sins else we lose our salvation.
When we do confess our sins it's for our relief from guilt at having offended God. And that guilt is due to our being aware of what it means to sin.
Our confession is for our peace of mind. Not to secure or reinstall our salvation as if we can lose it everytime we sin. Or don't confess when we do.

We do not work to keep God's free gift.

That statement above in bold is a VERY DANGEROUS statement. It shows your lack of understanding about Christian doctrine.

And when we confess our sins to The Father through His Son, it certainly is not only to release our feelings of guilt! Release of guilt ONLY happens once we are FORGIVEN.

And if you're not asking Him to forgive you of a sin, then you gonna' just believe He forgave you of it anyway, without repenting to Him? Doing that can most definitely put your soul in danger! And I showed this with what Jesus taught in Matthew 7:21-23 about those types.

In 1 Corinthians 5, Apostle Paul had them cast out that brother that was having sexual intercourse with his mother. Paul said to cast that one out so that his spirit might be saved in the day of Christ (i.e., Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20). So don't get cocky and have a party in thinking you cannot sin and separate yourself from Lord Jesus at His future coming...

Phil 2:11-12
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

KJV

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That statement above in bold is a VERY DANGEROUS statement. It shows your lack of understanding about Christian doctrine.

And when we confess our sins to The Father through His Son, it certainly is not only to release our feelings of guilt! Release of guilt ONLY happens once we are FORGIVEN.

And if you're not asking Him to forgive you of a sin, then you gonna' just believe He forgave you of it anyway, without repenting to Him? Doing that can most definitely put your soul in danger! And I showed this with what Jesus taught in Matthew 7:21-23 about those types.

In 1 Corinthians 5, Apostle Paul had them cast out that brother that was having sexual intercourse with his mother. Paul said to cast that one out so that his spirit might be saved in the day of Christ (i.e., Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20). So don't get cocky and have a party in thinking you cannot sin and separate yourself from Lord Jesus at His future coming...

Phil 2:11-12
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

KJV
What is very sad is that you didn't read my post.

We who are redeemed from our sins through Christ, are reborn in Jesus,washed clean by the blood of the lamb eternally. And God remembers our sins no more.
If we sin as one reborn on Christ, Christ and his sacrifice are our advocate.

It is eternal salvation!

Not conditional reprieve.

It is a lie straight out of hell, that the enemy of Christ hopes shall be believed over Jesus, and is by those not in Christ, that the saved Christian returns to damnation when they sin and do not confess it.
Romans 6 ESV,MOUNCE - Dead to Sin, Alive to God - What shall - Bible Gateway
Dead to Sin, Alive to God
Romans 6

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 We know that our old self[a] was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For one who has died has been set free from sin. 8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. 10 For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. 11 So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. 13 Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. 14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. Slaves to Righteousness 15 What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves,[c] you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18 and, been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. 19 I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification. 20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21 But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Adam and Eve's flesh had the 'potential' for sin already built in.
That does not mean that those were not perfect human bodies at creation. They were direct creations of God, and after God had finished His creative work He declared everything to be "very good" (perfect).

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That is not the point. The point is that Jesus became flesh and dwelt among us to bear the burden of sin for our salvation. He became the sacrifice without spot or blemish.

Does that make Him greater than all other men? Yes. Does that mean He was not tempted like other men? No.

Either way there is no need to be offended by those who consider Jesus a brother...even if it is premature (before becoming sons).
I'm not offended by someone who thinks of Jesus as their savior and brother.

I'm disgusted by that which is anti-gospel ! And calls Jesus, not a brother, not savior, but a mere man.

Then blaspheme God by claiming they're saved by God, not that mere man.

That's a lie.
That doctrine that extricated Jesus from the gospel is satanic.
Which is why its proponents insist they are still able to be overcome by sin and die condemned unless they obsessively repent.

No wonder that anti-gospel blasphemes Jesus as a mere man.

That satanic doctrine invalidates Jesus sacrifice.
Romans 6

John 10:28-29 tell us: “I give to them eternal life, and they shall by no means perish forever, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.”

Jesus was God. The word made flesh that dwells among us.

Hebrews 9:22 “And without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.”

Jesus did the work to save us from sin.
We cannot save ourselves.

The pride and ego of those who are slaves in the world insist they must assist God to keep them saved.

2Timothy 1:9 says:
“Who [God] has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the times of the ages.”

We either believe in the gospel or we don't.
If we are in Christ we know the gospel is true. We're proof of that.
We don't edit the gospel, blaspheme Jesus as a mere man, and insist we can be overcome by sin and lose salvation unless we perpetually confess. Promoting that falsehood is a sin. Blaspheming the holy spirit is the unforgivable sin.

The anti-gospel is damnation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Release of guilt ONLY happens once we are FORGIVEN.
KJV

Every born again person, in '2022, was FORGIVEN= 2000 yrs ago by God, based on Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross.

2 Corinthians 5:19 says that God was in Christ in the world not counting man's sins against them.
Yet heretics teach the opposite, and all say you need to confess sin to stay saved.
God says you dont in Romans 4:8 and 2 Corinthians 5:19.

1 John 1:9 is talking to unbelievers, and heretics live in that verse trying to keep themselves saved, instead of trusting in CHRIST to keep them saved.

So.....THE CROSS = because this forgiveness is completed by God, through Christ, its Eternal.

This is why Paul teaches that :

"""""There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."""

Let me explain the verse....

If you are born again, you have become "one with God, "in Christ", as : "the righteousness of God in Christ". = SPIRITUALLY.

So, as the born again EXIST Spiritually IN GOD, IN CHRIST, there is no judgment found against their sin, as it has all been resolved and forgiven by the sacrifice of God as Christ on the Cross 2000 yrs ago.

God does not hold the born again believer's Spirit guilty for sin, ever again.. Romans 4:8. = "no condemnation", and its the Born again Spirit that is the SON/Daughter of God. Not your body, as "the body is dead because of sin", and the FLESH, the "old man", "is crucified with Christ".
All that is left is your mind, that has to be '"renewed.", Paul teaches.

So, the religious but lost christian faker will never understand any of this... AND, if the believer does not understand any of this, and exists in the carnal mind that informs them that that are just a saved sinner, needing to confess another mistake, confess another work of the flesh, confess another sin........ then that is MENTAL CONDEMNATION that they will address = by trying to clear their inner GUILT by confession.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That's where I disagree. Like Apostle Paul showed about the flesh in Romans 7, likewise, Adam and Eve's flesh had the 'potential' for sin already built in. Otherwise, they never could have sinned by their own will. And think what it would mean if Adam and Eve had not been allowed to be tempted and thus sin.

In God's Eternity, those in it will never be able to sin, because God said He will make us a joy (Isaiah 65:18). That is part of that idea of not remembering the things of this world. There won't be a second rebellion.
Book,chapter,verse, where God tells us this please:''Adam and Eve's flesh had the 'potential' for sin already built in.''

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not offended by someone who thinks of Jesus as their savior and brother.

I'm disgusted by that which is anti-gospel ! And calls Jesus, not a brother, not savior, but a mere man.

Then blaspheme God by claiming they're saved by God, not that mere man.

That's a lie.
That doctrine that extricated Jesus from the gospel is satanic.
Which is why its proponents insist they are still able to be overcome by sin and die condemned unless they obsessively repent.

No wonder that anti-gospel blasphemes Jesus as a mere man.

That satanic doctrine invalidates Jesus sacrifice.
Romans 6

John 10:28-29 tell us: “I give to them eternal life, and they shall by no means perish forever, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.”

Jesus was God. The word made flesh that dwells among us.

Hebrews 9:22 “And without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.”

Jesus did the work to save us from sin.
We cannot save ourselves.

The pride and ego of those who are slaves in the world insist they must assist God to keep them saved.

2Timothy 1:9 says:
“Who [God] has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the times of the ages.”

We either believe in the gospel or we don't.
If we are in Christ we know the gospel is true. We're proof of that.
We don't edit the gospel, blaspheme Jesus as a mere man, and insist we can be overcome by sin and lose salvation unless we perpetually confess. Promoting that falsehood is a sin. Blaspheming the holy spirit is the unforgivable sin.

The anti-gospel is damnation.
Most believe He was and is God, but that He became a man for a brief time giving up His position to qualify Himself as a mere man to save us from sin according to the requirement of the Father.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Most believe He was and is God, but that He became a man for a brief time giving up His position to qualify Himself as a mere man to save us from sin according to the requirement of the Father.
That idea would presuppose Jesus wasn't God, wouldn't it?

If Jesus became something according to the requirement of the Father, that removes Jesus from being the Father.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It's those on the false doctrine of OSAS in the absolute sense that are guilty of abusing that 18th verse to try and say they cannot sin anymore.

Actually its those who are obsessed with OSAS and Commandments who teach that real believers say that they can't sin.
But Real Believers dont say that.. Its the liars who are obsessed with OSAS who falsely accuse Real Believers of saying what they dont say or teach.

Here is what a real believer understands..
Its this... Jesus has taken care of all their sin, by becoming their sin, by becoming their eternal sacrifice for their sin, and dying for their sin.
So, where is the sin of a real believer found? Its on the Cross of Christ.
Its Gone.
And because Real Believers know that, we dont focus on any of that, as we have understood SALVATION and we exist as a "new creation in Christ" having become "the righteousness of God, in Christ"...born again.

Those who do not understand Salvation, focus on SIN, Works, and Commandments, and worry about losing salvation, And they try to perform for God to self-attempt to stay saved, as they have no real faith in Christ to keep them saved.
A real believer KNOWS that CHRIST is their Eternal Life and their Salvation, and HE IS IN THEM..and they are Eternally Secure.

Real believers, serve God not out of fear or out of desperation, but out of reverence and awe, as we understand this Grace of God that is so amazing, and so completely undeserved.
The discipleship of a Real Believer, is not fear based, or performance based.
Its GRATITUDE BASED........ We are loving God with our LIVES< because God first loved us... proven by His only begotten SON's SACRIFICE for us.

Let me show you a real believer.....

"she washed Jesus's feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair".

Why?

"Because She was forgiven MUCH"..

And a Real Believer has been forgiven all SIN for all time, and we are so THANKFUL .....so very THANKFUL.... that we only want to live for God.

= That is the motivation of a real believer. = GRATITUDE.......a THANKFUL HEART, that is always so thankful for this Undeserved Grace that is the MERCY of God.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus was a mere man?

Lol, can you not comprehend, nor read.
Jesus is NOT the mere man; anyone else is so therefore I do not follow them. I follow Jesus Christ who redeemed my soul by his precious blood. Blood he gave freely bc of the love of the Father for the world and his desire that none should perish.

Lol you really are a sad person. Try reading what I've said again. Glad to be ignored, I hate engaging in ignorance and lack of hearing & understanding. May the Spirit open your eyes and unstop your ears to hear the TRUTH of Gods word !

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That idea would presuppose Jesus wasn't God, wouldn't it?

If Jesus became something according to the requirement of the Father, that removes Jesus from being the Father.
I would say that is a pretty good definition of just what it is to be Christ. It does after all agree with what Paul said, even of himself.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said, For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Paul was talking about his trials in that Philippians 1 verse.

How does that verse pertain to what is being discussed in this thread thus far?
Granted, the context of what Paul said was not separate from his circumstances and therefore it can easily be denied as being a general and biblical principle of having come to Christ, no longer he who lives, but Christ who lives in him; or that the Oneness that Christ had prayed for included those given to Him...but that would deny that any of that is where this is all going, or may actually have been the current status of Paul at the time, and no Freudian slip but a genuine statement of his having been anointed by God.

But putting all that aside...does not "Son of Man" and "Son of God" mean Jesus was both? Is that not biblical, even His own words?

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Granted, the context of what Paul said was not separate from his circumstances and therefore it can easily be denied as being a general and biblical principle of having come to Christ, no longer he who lives, but Christ who lives in him; or that the Oneness that Christ had prayed for included those given to Him...but that would deny that any of that is where this is all going, or may actually have been the current status of Paul at the time, and no Freudian slip but a genuine statement of his having been anointed by God.

But putting all that aside...does not "Son of Man" and "Son of God" mean Jesus was both? Is that not biblical, even His own words?
Do you know what Son of Man, and, Son of God import in the scriptures?

Those identities are afforded others besides Immanuel.

Fixed typo

Last edited: