The Sin Nature

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what Son of Man, and, Son of God import in the scriptures?

Those identities are afforded others besides Immanuel.

Fixed typo
In other words, it can and does go both ways. Which confirms that the scriptures are spiritually discerned. Which is a relatively new idea regarding the scriptures. What was written was the main rule, until Jesus repeatedly referred to hearing what the Spirit says. Anyway, language skills now take a backseat.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People speak of a "sin nature", but I can't find that in my Bible.

What I do find is that our flesh has been corrupted by sin, and so until we are born again being baptized into Jesus Christ, we are spiritually dead, and are slaves to sin.

Do we have a "sin nature"? What is it? Where are we taught this in the Bible?

Much love!

Only a few translations use nature most use flesh but where did it come from, it came from the consumption on the knowledge tree fruit.

It's ingredients had effected the human body the genes. Thus from that time on everyone born can recognize good and evil from the get go.

And there was no exemptions to the forming of a human that would be like bypassing effected genes.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not mean that those were not perfect human bodies at creation. They were direct creations of God, and after God had finished His creative work He declared everything to be "very good" (perfect).

Well, yes it does mean even the 'flesh' prior to their sin, was still not perfect.

The idea some preachers have that Adam and Eve prior to their sin meant they were in a 'perfect' state is based on the old Jew's tradition of thinking the resurrection is about a new flesh body. Since they believe in the perfection of flesh with the idea of resurrection, they also think that's the original state of Adam and Eve.

The Biblical reality per God's written Word though, is that the resurrection type body is a "spiritual body", not another new flesh body. Even though that "spiritual body" can look like flesh, feel like flesh, and live upon this earth, it still is not a flesh body like today. The flesh of this present world is to be destroyed, it is only temporary for this present world time. The body type of the future is simply a body type of that other dimension.

And just think for a moment -- which dimension is the more 'real' one, this earthly dimension, or the Heavenly dimension where our Heavenly Father, His Son, and the angels live? That should be easy to answer since Heaven is wherever God is, and that dimension existed first before He made the creation. So what kind of body does The Father have, since He was not born in the flesh, but only His Son was? And what kind of body did Lord Jesus have prior to His being born in the flesh? And how could Jesus eat the food and drink that Abraham prepared for Him and the other two men with Him that appeared to Abraham in Genesis 18?

What is truly sad, is that some that are so wrapped up with flesh, have created the false idea that for the angels to appear on earth in our dimension, they must take on a flesh body. It's as if they think those in Heaven have no literal form, which God's Word shows differently, even per Genesis 1:26-27 that the outward image of flesh man comes from God's Own Likeness and outward image.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Book,chapter,verse, where God tells us this please:''Adam and Eve's flesh had the 'potential' for sin already built in.''

Where is YOUR NAME written in God's Word that says YOU will be saved? That's the kind of silly question you just asked me because your lack of ability to figure out that flesh can never be perfect like God.

Rom 7:14-25
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

KJV

1 Cor 6:13
13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them.
Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
KJV

If you are confused about what kind of body the future resurrection is, I suggest you study 1 Corinthians 15 by Apostle Paul.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most believe He was and is God, but that He became a man for a brief time giving up His position to qualify Himself as a mere man to save us from sin according to the requirement of the Father.

@Blue Dragonfly's took my words out of context thru not comprehending by reading it all.

The mere man I referred to was any man [ humankind ] that tried to teach outside the correctly divided in context TRUTH in the Bible, the Word of God !

Usually when I am wrong, I have more testosterone than some MEN to apologize.

However I am NOT wrong in my FAITH in Jesus nor my belief that WE ALL WILL FACE JUDGMENT, either by Jesus or by the Father.
I'm thankful mine will be by my beloved saviour Jesus Christ.

If there were ZERO possibility of falling away from GRACE ,we would have NEVER been warned to beware of it. If there was ZERO possibility of thinking we were right when we really were deceived, there would be ZERO warning.If we were not to confess & repent of any sins we may commit as a believer,then we would not have been told we have an advocate. How ppl can blindly accept what mere men say is the truth when it is contrary to the Word of God is the dangerous step of being told " I NEVER KNEW YOU !"

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is very sad is that you didn't read my post.

We who are redeemed from our sins through Christ, are reborn in Jesus,washed clean by the blood of the lamb eternally. And God remembers our sins no more.
If we sin as one reborn on Christ, Christ and his sacrifice are our advocate.

It is eternal salvation!

Not conditional reprieve.

Oh, I well understood what you wrote. You put future repentance to Christ for future sin in the category of your "anti-Gospel" term. And that is exactly what you are trying to do also in your above words. You are preaching a NO NEED TO EVER REPENT OF SIN AGAIN false message of the devil.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Oh, I well understood what you wrote. You put future repentance to Christ for future sin in the category of your "anti-Gospel" term. And that is exactly what you are trying to do also in your above words. You are preaching a NO NEED TO EVER REPENT OF SIN AGAIN false message of the devil.
Post the book, chapter and verses where Jesus said when you sin as a Christian you must repent or lose your salvation.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Where is YOUR NAME written in God's Word that says YOU will be saved? That's the kind of silly question you just asked me because your lack of ability to figure out that flesh can never be perfect like God.

Rom 7:14-25
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

KJV

1 Cor 6:13
13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them.
Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
KJV

If you are confused about what kind of body the future resurrection is, I suggest you study 1 Corinthians 15 by Apostle Paul.
I understand. You don't have a book chapter or verse that states God created Adam and Eve with a built in potential to sin.

Christians are of course aware your remarks against Adam and Eve are false. Because they were not made with a sin nature, that is and contrary to what you claim, the potential to sin.

God created Adam from the dust/earth. And Eve from his rib. All of creation and created are of God and through God.
Colossians 1.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you go to Romans 5:12 and make a discovery? There is no need to worry about the exact phrase.
I'm hoping you can appreciate the distinction I'm making here, as some people think of a "sin nature" as some mystical "force" that impresses itself upon us, kind of a "black box" thing, whereas I think of this in terms of negative impact on our physical being that we can understand in the same sort of way as mental illness, only that it is systemic to all Adam's race, and always has the same effect.

Much love!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither Lucifer nor Adam had a sin nature, when they sinned.

Since sin nature has nothing to do with first sinning, then it's just a made up excuse for sinning.

And some Christians of born of the divine nature that sin, still want to use it for their own excuse.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Neither Lucifer nor Adam had a sin nature, when they sinned.

Good guess, Robert,

However, lets look at the Truth.
(Lets use a BIBLE)

Jesus said.. of Lucifer..

John 8:44

"""He was a murderer FROM THE BEGINNING, and abode not in the truth, Because there is NO TRUTH IN HIM. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.""
"

Notice reader..... Jesus said this of Lucifer, when He was in HEAVEN.......not after He was sent to earth.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good guess, Robert,

However, lets look at the Truth.
(Lets use a BIBLE)

Jesus said.. of Lucifer..

John 8:44

"""He was a murderer FROM THE BEGINNING, and abode not in the truth, Because there is NO TRUTH IN HIM. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.""
"

Notice reader..... Jesus said this of Lucifer, when He was in HEAVEN.......not after He was sent to earth.
Which is where he first sinned.

The fact that Lucifer did not abide in the truth, proves that he began in the truth.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

It's the same with Adam and all men, who begin with being lightened by Christ coming into the world:

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Those who hold to a certain teaching one way or the other, will interpret all Scripture accordingly. Those holding to a lie, will read all Scripture with that lying veil upon their eyes, and those with the truth, will read Scripture clearly as written.

That is why it is useless to go down the road with more and more Scriptures, where one is reading with a lie in their eyes, and another is only reading what is plainly written.

Once you bypass the simple reading of these Scriptures given here, there is no going on from here.

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

The fact that Lucifer did not abide in the truth, proves that he began in the truth.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

It's the same with Adam and all men, who begin with being lightened by Christ coming into the world:

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Those who hold to a certain teaching one way or the other, will interpret all Scripture accordingly. Those holding to a lie, will read all Scripture with that lying veil upon their eyes, and those with the truth, will read Scripture clearly as written.

That is why it is useless to go down the road with more and more Scriptures, where one is reading with a lie in their eyes, and another is only reading what is plainly written.

Once you bypass the simple reading of these Scriptures given here, there is no going on from here.

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

You're confused.
You are trying to present the false reality that Adam's sin, and Lucifer's sin nature, are the same.
They are not.
Notice that Lucifer was from the BEGINNING...... found with Inquity.

Adam was not found with Iniquity, from the beginning.
He was the "image of God" as his beginning, and Lucifer was never this.......

Adam had to FALL......into sin.

Lucifer was "from the BEGINNING" a murderer and the Father of Lies.

Get a bible, Robert.
It'l be something new for you to try..
And on the way there, get rid of the cult commentaries.
Try a local dumpster. (for best results)