The son of perdition and the Tabernacle of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Letting the New Testament speak.
I've created pictures for this topic, to make it clearer. The last few are in the second post.

A man of sin and son of perdition "whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders" (2 Thessalonians 2:9), "who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, setting himself forth, that he is God." (2 Thessalonians 2:4).

There is only one Temple of God that could be meant according to the New Testament. View the images. They show the New Testament speaking for itself

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 10.png

Continued in Post #2

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
2 Thessalonians 2
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

9-12 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

John 10
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

Revelation 11:1-2 speaks symbolically of John being told to count the sheep, because all those who were/are to be sealed with the seal of God are now in the temple. The fullness of the Gentiles has come in and so ALL ISRAEL has been saved (Romans 11:25-26 and Revelation 7:1-9).

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I put it to you all that in Revelation 11:1-2 John is being told to count the sheep, because all those who were/are to be sealed with the seal of God are now in the temple. The fullness of the Gentiles has come in and so ALL ISRAEL has been saved (Romans 11:25-26 and Revelation 7:1-9).
The fulfilling of the gentiles is a literal future event in Jerusalem, the time of which the literal human man (The Beast) will be revealed to the world, causing abominations and desoltation

All Israel will be saved, when the very last person is saved and added to the church on earth, prior to the second coming

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Here's a site I found making it easier to check where any particular Greek word is found in the New Testament:

Strong's #3485 - ναός - Old & New Testament Greek Lexical Dictionary - StudyLight.org
Abbott-Smith Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament
ναός , -οῦ , ὁ ,
(Att.. νεώς ; < ναίω , to inhabit),
[in LXX (νεώς , 2 Maccabees 6:2, al.) chiefly for H1964;]
1. a temple (Hom., Find., al.).
2. The inmost part of a temple, the shrine (Hat., Xen., al.); in NT,

(a) generally: pl., Acts 17:24; of silver models of a heathen shrine, Acts 19:24;

(b) of the temple building proper, or sanctuary, at Jerusalem, as distinct from τ . ἱερόν (q.v.), the whole temple enclosure:

Matthew 23:16-17; Matthew 23:35; Matthew 27:5; Matthew 27:40, Mark 14:58; Mark 15:29 John 2:19-20, Revelation 11:2; (τοῦ ) θεοῦ , Matthew 26:61; Matthew 27:51, Mark 15:38, Luke 1:9; Luke 1:21-22; Luke 23:45, 1 Corinthians 3:17, 2 Corinthians 6:16, 2 Thessalonians 2:4, Revelation 11:1; of the temple in the Apocal. visions, Revelation 3:12; Revelation 7:15; Revelation 11:19; Revelation 14:15; Revelation 14:17; Revelation 15:5-6; Revelation 15:8; Revelation 16:1; Revelation 16:17; Revelation 21:22 a. Metaph., of Christians, 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 6:19, 2 Corinthians 6:16, Ephesians 2:21; of Christ's body, John 2:21 (cf. John 2:19); ὁ θεὸς ν . αὐτῆς ἐστιν , Revelation 21:22 b.
UNQUOTE

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The appearance of the son of perdition will be accompanied with lawlessness:

Matthew 7
21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!

2 Thessalonians 2
7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already working, only he is now holding back until it comes out of the midst.
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the breath of His mouth and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming,
9 whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 and with all deceit of unrighteousness in those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, so that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie,
12 so that all those who do not believe the truth, but delight in unrighteousness, might be condemned.