The soul given to the devil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Stefan

Mar 23, 2022
Peterborough
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is it true what people say about people selling their souls to the devil? And does the devil accept their souls in person in return for some gifts? I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Kings 21:20
So Ahab said to Elijah, “Have you found me, O my enemy?” And he answered, “I have found you, because you have sold yourself to do evil in the sight of the Lord:

2 Kings 17:17
And they caused their sons and daughters to pass through the fire, practiced witchcraft and soothsaying, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger.

Being entirely sold out to do evil means their heart is totally hardened against God, and they are committed whole heartedly to do evil in his sight, not that they have sold themselves to the devil.

For the prophet of God tells David something similar in wording
2 Samuel 12:9
Why have you despised the commandment of the Lord, to do evil in His sight? You have killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword; you have taken his wife to be your wife, and have killed him with the sword of the people of Ammon.

God tells us “Behold, all souls are Mine;
So the Devil can capture someone to do his will, but the devil does not own their souls, their souls God owns, meaning also the judgement of their destiny is God's alone, and not the devil's.

Ezekiel 18
New King James Version
A False Proverb Refuted
18 The word of the Lord came to me again, saying, 2 “What do you mean when you use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying:

‘The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
And the children’s teeth are set on edge’?

3 “As I live,” says the Lord God, “you shall no longer use this proverb in Israel.

4 “Behold, all souls are Mine;
The soul of the father
As well as the soul of the son is Mine;
The soul who sins shall die.

Reactions: John Stefan

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Regarding the heathen king of Babylon, God owns all his ways.
Daniel 5:23
And you have lifted yourself up against the Lord of heaven. They have brought the vessels of His house before you, and you and your lords, your wives and your concubines, have drunk wine from them. And you have praised the gods of silver and gold, bronze and iron, wood and stone, which do not see or hear or know; and the God who holds your breath in His hand and owns all your ways, you have not glorified.

More examples of God having the right to do with His own things what He wishes, God is in charge of His own judgement and will to as Ephesians says to work all things according the council of his own will, for his own purposes.

11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,

15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good?’

Matthew 21
8 “So when evening had come, the owner of the vineyard said to his steward, ‘Call the laborers and give them their wages, beginning with the last to the first.’ 9 And when those came who were hired about the eleventh hour, they each received a denarius. 10 But when the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise received each a denarius. 11 And when they had received it, they complained against the landowner, 12 saying, ‘These last men have worked only one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.’ 13 But he answered one of them and said, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius? 14 Take what is yours and go your way. I wish to give to this last man the same as to you. 15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good?’ 16 So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen.”

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it true what people say about people selling their souls to the devil? And does the devil accept their souls in person in return for some gifts? I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan
According to scripture, we are all born creatures of wrath and citizens of the kingdom of darkness. Faith in Christ, confessing Him as Lord and believing in His resurrection, is the means of our deliverance and entry into the kingdom of Light and eternal life.

People not understanding this truth and believing themselves both good and "free agents" have tried to sell their souls for wealth, fame, and power. However, anyone could pursue these things with disregard to Christ and be condemned.

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26

The musical artist Bob Dylan claimed to sell his soul to the devil in a "crossroads " experience and later receive the gospel, but his soul never really belonged to him in the first place.

Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. John 8:34

Jesus doesn't save us for ourselves but purchased us with His blood.

19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Satan encourages the idea that men are free and stand uncondemned until the judgment, because he already owns everyone who doesn't believe and the gospel is meaningless to those who believe in their own righteousness.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

kind regards John Stefan
Everyone has sold his soul to the Devil until he gets saved.