The Spiritual Function of the Prophets have ceased !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... why would we need prophets if we have the completed revelation from God in the Bible?
That's the error. God is not finished speaking to his children. Have we been orphaned?

John 10:27 NIV
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Reactions: marksman

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:19-22
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
You dismiss the Apostles and Prophets based on your misunderstanding of ONE verse?

• Luke 11:49
    Because of this, God in his wisdom said, ‘I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and others they will persecute.’

• 1 Corinthians 12:28
    And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues.

• 1 Corinthians 12:29
    Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?

• Ephesians 2:20
    built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

• Ephesians 3:5
    which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets.

• Ephesians 4:11
    So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers,

• 2 Peter 3:2
    I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

• Revelation 18:20
    “Rejoice over her, you heavens! Rejoice, you people of God! Rejoice, apostles and prophets! For God has judged her with the judgment she imposed on you.”

Reactions: Wynona and marksman

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dismiss the Apostles and Prophets based on your misunderstanding of ONE verse?

• Luke 11:49
    Because of this, God in his wisdom said, ‘I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and others they will persecute.’

• 1 Corinthians 12:28
    And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues.

• 1 Corinthians 12:29

• Ephesians 2:20
    built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

• Ephesians 3:5
    which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets.

• Ephesians 4:11
    So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers,
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  • 2 Peter 3:2
    I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

• Revelation 18:20
    “Rejoice over her, you heavens! Rejoice, you people of God! Rejoice, apostles and prophets! For God has judged her with the judgment she imposed on you.”
Great passages thanks as they confirm the OP.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 11:49
You claim God is DONE sending Apostles and Prophets? Why?
1 Corinthians 12:29
Is this instruction given for NOTHING?
Ephesians 3:5
Who were these Apostles and Prophets? Any record of what they said and continue to say?
Ephesians 4:11
Christ GAVE them and you take them AWAY?

Revelation 18:20
Apostles and Prophets in Revelation? Thought you said they were DONE!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, thanks.
Yes, I am he. Great to see you. (while I destroy your topic) Apologies. - LOL
I support prophecy today. Can you tell?
I know you do lol we have history :). And you and I can agree to disagree here lol. I like you and you have a good demeanor which is why I wanted to make sure it was you brother .

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you do lol we have history :). And you and I can agree to disagree here lol. I like you and you have a good demeanor which is why I wanted to make sure it was you brother .
I sent you a PM explanation. That should help.
Yes, thanks, my brother. I like you too. Much love.
Now back to the disagreement. - LOL

Reactions: ChristisGod

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well God certainly talks to his children. Mostly to direct them with the Holy Spirit to do good works.
Yes. I agree.
I have experienced some things that confirm this. Ready for a testimony?

I was in a church service where people were being prayed for.

It is common for people to go down under the power of the Holy Spirit. So I was up front standing behind people as a catcher. We don't want anyone to get hurt. The last person had been prayed for, but I was enjoying the worship music playing. The song said something about eagles wings. So I had my arms stretched out to follow the lyrics. The minister that was praying for people walked toward me and slapped a hand on my forehead, saying: "Vision like an eagle!" It startled me, but I received it as a prophetic word.

Didn't think much of it after that. I knew that if it meant something that I would see later. Sure enough. Wow. I began having visions. Rather nondescript visual snippets in my mind of a street near where I lived at the time. Wasn't sure what it meant. But I found out later!

Some time later I was in town on my bicycle. Turned to head home and remembered the vision. I wasn't far away, so I decided on a whim (hold that thought) to go check it out. It was the opposite direction from home. Out of my way. Glad I went.

No idea what it was about. I rode up the street until I felt I had gone far enough. Saw nothing. (I thought) So, I decided to turn around and head home. At that very moment I noticed something.

There was a woman across the street examining the back of her car. As if assessing damage. Hmm...? I decided to cross the street and get a closer look. I noticed that she looked rather sickly. Okay...

I crossed street and got a better look at her. Then God spoke very clearly to me. "Talk to that woman." I asked, "What should I say?" I never get an answer to that question. Great... (sigh)

So, I turned my bike around and went back in her direction. She was heading right for me. While I turned around I noticed a police squad car and another car with damage. Hmm, okay.

I waited for her to come to me. She was heading my direction. I asked, "What happened here?" She explained that she was coming back from a doctor's appointment when this guy ran into her. Now I was face-to-face with her. She had bumps on the top of her head the size of cherry tomatoes. I asked her if she had cancer. "Yes." She said. I asked if I could pray for her, now realizing what this was all about. "Yes."

I asked for permission to lay a hand on her shoulder while I prayed. "Sure." Totally unprepared, I said a prayer as best I could in the moment. I was not full of faith, just following the leading I felt.

Headed for home on my bicycle in wonder of what had just happened here. ??? Consider the logistics involved to make that happen. Wow.

Apostles and Prophets today? I think so.