The Spirituality of Christian Guards at the Vulnerable City Wall

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE SPIRITUALITY OF THE IMAGE OF BELIEVERS AT THE PROTECTIVE CITY WALL:

(1) The Role of the Righteous Standing in the Gap Made in the Wall by Enemies:
"And I sought for anyone who would repair the wall and stand in the breach before Me on behalf of the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I could not find any (Ezekiel 22:30)."
"He said He would destroy them, had not Moses, His chosen one, stood in the breach before Him, to turn away His wrath from destroying them (Psalm 106:23)."

What does it mean for prayer warriors to "stand in the breach" of broken down protective walls to prevent the people's destruction? Just how much power do spiritual intercessors really have?

(2) The Role of the Righteous as Guards Standing in the Watchtower at the Wall:

"I will stand at my watchpost and station myself on the rampart; I will keep watch to see what He will say to me, and what He will answer concerning my complaint (Habakkuk 2:1)."
Practically speaking, what does it mean for the righteous to maintain a watchtower vigil scanning the horizon for God's approach?

"Arise, cry out at night at the beginning of the watches! Pour out your heart like water before the presence of the Lord! Lift your hands to Him for the lives of your children...(Lam. 2:19)."
How emotional does this watchtower vigil need to be?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
THE SPIRITUALITY OF THE IMAGE OF BELIEVERS AT THE PROTECTIVE CITY WALL:

(1) The Role of the Righteous Standing in the Gap Made in the Wall by Enemies:
"And I sought for anyone who would repair the wall and stand in the breach before Me on behalf of the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I could not find any (Ezekiel 22:30)."
"He said He would destroy them, had not Moses, His chosen one, stood in the breach before Him, to turn away His wrath from destroying them (Psalm 106:23)."

What does it mean for prayer warriors to "stand in the breach" of broken down protective walls to prevent the people's destruction? Just how much power do spiritual intercessors really have?

(2) The Role of the Righteous as Guards Standing in the Watchtower at the Wall:

"I will stand at my watchpost and station myself on the rampart; I will keep watch to see what He will say to me, and what He will answer concerning my complaint (Habakkuk 2:1)."
Practically speaking, what does it mean for the righteous to maintain a watchtower vigil scanning the horizon for God's approach?

"Arise, cry out at night at the beginning of the watches! Pour out your heart like water before the presence of the Lord! Lift your hands to Him for the lives of your children...(Lam. 2:19)."
How emotional does this watchtower vigil need to be?

I believe that God has put it on my mind to pray for certain things over the years - most recently for the Church. So perhaps what you are questioning just means being faithful in these things the Lord lays on our hearts. A bit like those who were faithful in prayer leading up to the Welsh and Hebridean revivals in the past.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe that God has put it on my mind to pray for certain things over the years - most recently for the Church. So perhaps what you are questioning just means being faithful in these things the Lord lays on our hearts. A bit like those who were faithful in prayer leading up to the Welsh and Hebridean revivals in the past.
@Pearl Prayer is a foundational activity in Acts 2.42. :)