The Strangest Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Last night before nightshift, I had this dream. There was a girl [about 16] who was extremely unwell. She had a loving family who were deeply concerned for her. They decided to watch her around the clock as it was apparent that she was not long for this world.

She was lying on a couch in the living room with blankets over her. One of the family regularly came to check on her but then suddenly, she disappeared and they began to panic and frantically search for her everywhere.

In the mean time, while lying in her bed on the couch, that young lady heard the voice of the Lord. The Lord said to her, "go tell the old woman [who was one of their neighbors] that she had come to help her." The old woman had been living alone for a long time and she had no close relatives or family too speak of. Although she did her best, the elderly woman could not keep up with the day to day maintenance that a house this size, requires. The old woman was also gravely unwell.

The girl got up and did as the Lord had said. When she got there, the old house was in a state of disrepair. It looked so forlorn and unloved and there were signs of evil entities flicking back and forth through the unkempt, dreary, half empty rooms....

Anyway, the young girl knocked on the door and an elderly lady answered.
The girl said to her "The Lord has asked me to come and help you"
the elderly woman replied "no thank you I am fine"

The girl said a second time....
"The Lord has asked me to come and help you",
The elderly women again said "No thank you, I am fine"

The third time the girl said "the Lord has asked me to come and help you"
The elderly lady once again said "no thank you I am Fine"

Suddenly, a powerful annointing fell from the heavenlies and it cascaded down and over the house, from Top to bottom. Just then, the atmosphere changed and the house turned from an old, dark and dingy, neglected, demon infested hovel, to a beautiful, spiritually clean, peaceful, light, bright, shiny new home. One that the old woman could be proud of. The old woman had also changed into a kind, joyful, caring, loving, woman of God.

Minutes later, the girl returned home to find her whole family in a state of desperation but they were so thankful that she had returned safely and that she was also completely, made well.

Blessings and Peace

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think it’s a message for someone Angelina ?

Reactions: Angelina

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last night before nightshift, I had this dream. There was a girl [about 16] who was extremely unwell. She had a loving family who were deeply concerned for her. They decided to watch her around the clock as it was apparent that she was not long for this world.

She was lying on a couch in the living room with blankets over her. One of the family regularly came to check on her but then suddenly, she disappeared and they began to panic and frantically search for her everywhere.

In the mean time, while lying in her bed on the couch, that young lady heard the voice of the Lord. The Lord said to her, "go tell the old woman [who was one of their neighbors] that she had come to help her." The old woman had been living alone for a long time and she had no close relatives or family too speak of. Although she did her best, the elderly woman could not keep up with the day to day maintenance that a house this size, requires. The old woman was also gravely unwell.

The girl got up and did as the Lord had said. When she got there, the old house was in a state of disrepair. It looked so forlorn and unloved and there were signs of evil entities flicking back and forth through the unkempt, dreary, half empty rooms....

The girl said to her "The Lord had asked me to come and help you"

Suddenly, a powerful annointing fell from the heavenlies and it cascaded down and over the house, from Top to bottom. Just then, the atmosphere changed and the house turned from an old, dark and dingy, neglected, demon infested hovel, to a beautiful, spiritually clean, peaceful, light, bright, shiny new home. One that the old woman could be proud of. The old woman had also changed into a kind, joyful, caring, loving, woman of God.

Minutes later, the girl returned home to find her whole family in a state of desperation but they were so thankful that she had returned safely and that she was also completely, made well.

Blessings and Peace

Interesting. Very straightforward.

Hard to tell if this is a word of knowledge dream given about someone in particular - a young woman; maybe one you know, or whom you will meet, or who will read this - and therefore a literal dream, or instead primarily spiritual, and thus a lesson on God's cure for the spiritual loneliness many of us go through, especially older believers in their waning years, but sometimes younger believers as well.

If it's primarily spiritual, it's interesting there's been quite a lot of talk lately about how the saints of God sometimes have to walk alone during stretches of their lives. This seems to be a pattern that repeats itself among the faithful (other threads have discussed this as well):
The saint must walk alone

If it's spiritual, the message seems to be that God's plan is to use the young to heal the old of their spiritual loneliness, and be healed themselves in the process. Loneliness is clearly alluded to in the dream from the statement, "The old woman had been living alone for a long time and she had no close relatives or family to speak of." Loneliness is also suggested in how the house "looked so forlorn and unloved," and as a result, "there were signs of evil entities flicking back and forth through the unkempt, dreary, half empty rooms." Again, empty rooms speaks to loneliness and isolation. There also appears to be a hint of the old woman having shut her heart up from thinking anyone will ever truly care any more, as is suggested by how she tries to dismiss the girl three times, insisting she is "fine" when it is clearly evident she is not. But the girl is specifically sent by God "to come and help her." In context, that means God sent her to keep the old woman company, and dispel the darkness that descended over her life, and because the young woman is faithful to God and refuses to be dissuaded, the power of God shows up and both of their lives are changed.

Can't say as I know for sure what this dream is about specifically. There's nothing really to interpret, which is indeed sort of strange for a prophetic dream. But it's just interesting that it should come at a time when we've been discussing spiritual loneliness, and sometimes having to walk alone with God.

God bless, and thanks for sharing.
- H

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It kind of conveys some slightly different to me …..notice how it was the girl who was really sick that intervened, not her family. The unexpected person is often used by the Lord, despite feeling unwell ( which many would use as an excuse to do nothing because of their own needs ) the girl responds and reaches out to someone else in need. The elderly lady shows pride, yet the Lord ( and the girl ) persevere, how many would have given up after the first rejection. We are called to persevere, like the persistent widow.
It kind of reminded me of the conversation with Peter , where he is asked three times if he loves the Lord….feed my sheep ………be active and give others the food they need.
The girl had no knowledge that she would equally receive a blessing, her motive was not to receive , it was to act despite of what she herself was facing and feeling xx
Rita

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It kind of conveys some slightly different to me …..notice how it was the girl who was really sick that intervened, not her family. The unexpected person is often used by the Lord, despite feeling unwell ( which many would use as an excuse to do nothing because of their own needs ) the girl responds and reaches out to someone else in need.

If you mean that God uses the broken to heal the broken, that was running across my mind when I read it as well.

What the dream actually illustrates is an important principle where spiritual fulfillment is concerned: Being loved by others is a blessing, but it is actually when we are truly needed by someone that we find our true fulfillment in life, because we have discovered our genuine purpose and ministry in Christ. One can be surrounded and loved by others in the body of Christ and yet not feel any sense of importance in it, because no one truly needs us. Yet when we are sent by God to someone who truly does, our genuine importance is revealed and we start having a much greater sense of self-worth. This is also when the blessing of giving and receiving starts to kick in, because those we have helped long to reciprocate in some way out of thankfulness, making us feel all the more truly appreciated.

In the link I provided, some were arguing that the body of Christ should always be there to prevent believers from feeling lonely, but while true, when it does happen it is often not fulfilled by a group of people collectively but by God sending someone in particular, as the dream suggests. God doesn't use a lot of multiple surface relationships; when it comes to significant spiritual growth, what He often tends to do instead is lead us into building very strong, close connections with a select few.

This is similar to what Paul was teaching when he said we are to "hold fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God." The members of the body are not all connected to one another in the same ways or with the same closeness. While connected to the whole body in a sense, ligaments and joints are usually connected very closely to only a few members on one end and a few on the other. Yet because we all connect closely to a different set of individuals in each of our own spheres of influence, this makes the whole body connect together as one and maintain a cohesiveness collectively.

Being needed is tremendously important in life. Without it, we never arrive at the place of having a true sense of spiritual worth and fulfillment.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice story @Angelina! Must have been a pleasant dream.

The thought that comes to mind is a blessing dream. That for service to God and his children, a heavenly home awaits you. Or any that serve him. Away from this devil infested world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Blessings and Peace
Does God violate our choices?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God violate our choices?

The "choice" the old woman was initially attempting to make was not only against God's will but not even what she truly wanted; she was just not willing to open up her heart and risk being rejected once more. The context suggests she didn't want to be lonely, and in fact had come to the place where it was effecting her spiritual life, since the darkness was now "crouching at the door" so to speak.

The implications of how the dream ended suggest she got what she really wanted all along, but had grown afraid to hope for any longer: Healing. The power of God showed up and changed her decision.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The "choice" the old woman was initially attempting to make was not only against God's will but not even what she truly wanted; she was just not willing to open up her heart and risk being rejected once more. The context suggests she didn't want to be lonely, and in fact had come to the place where it was effecting her spiritual life, since the darkness was now "crouching at the door" so to speak.

The implications of how the dream ended suggest she got what she really wanted all along, but had grown afraid to hope for any longer: Healing.
The thing is with many dreams, it's possible to morph them anyway which fits our paradigm.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is with many dreams, it's possible to morph them anyway which fits our paradigm.

Yes, it is, but the same principles apply to scripture interpretation. The way we discern accuracy from falsehood is partly through the leading of the Holy Spirit and partly through very exacting analysis of the dream in its context.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings and Peace

I wonder what @Hidden In Him would say about this. Years back, a woman said to me that "demons hide in clutter". I can believe that as the more messy and disorganized our surroundings are, the more disorganized our minds become. I have gone minimal. I've donated or tossed many things over the last couple years and, I love it. It sure does help with state of mind.
Going to be watching this thread.
xoxo

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what @Hidden In Him would say about this. Years back, a woman said to me that "demons hide in clutter". I can believe that as the more messy and disorganized our surroundings are, the more disorganized our minds become. I have gone minimal. I've donated or tossed many things over the last couple years and, I love it. It sure does help with state of mind.
xoxo
"Demons hide in the clutter". That may explain my recent desires to clean up my lab, our home, my life of "stuff". (I was thinking of a harsher term, but I'd rather stay on good terms with the moderators.)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Demons hide in the clutter". That may explain my recent desires to clean up my lab, our home, my life of "stuff". (I was thinking of a harsher term, but I'd rather stay on good terms with the moderators.)
I often feel a sort of peace of mind after my home is cleaned. Like I can relax.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The persistence of prayer for others(interceding on their behalf)has it rewards, as this comes from love for one another. Let us love one another as He first loved us.

And the year was 2006. I was on another forum and a young woman came forward seeking prayer as she was dying of cancer. She did not have long to live(according to doctors) and she would be leaving behind her handicapped young son. This caught my attention and everyday I would read her blog. In everything she spoke, she brought Glory to The Lord. It was then, that I heard The Lord speak to me that He wanted me to to pray for this woman for 40 days. At the time, I did not know the meaning of the 40 days. So I got one of my work schedules and turned it over to the blank side. I decided that after each time I prayed, I could write down a roman numeral to keep track of the forty days. I contacted this woman by pm and we began to talk. I told her The Lord had asked me to pray for her for 40 days. On about day 8 as I was reading her blog, it brought me to tears. She was such a faithful Christian. That night, after I had prayed for others, I brought her up before The Lord, and asked Him to give me her cancer, and to please let her live. After that there was a long pause and then He said, "My son, you would do that for a stranger ?" and I said yes. The next day when we were talking about something in pm I found these words leaving my lips to her in the pm, "Be it done to you, as you have asked." After that, about four days went by with nothing being spoken on her blog. On day 5 she came on her Blog to announce to the world That The Lord had cured her of cancer and the doctors have confirmed it. I hope there is something to learn for The Body, in this testimony, as there was also in your dream. Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
xoxo

It's an interesting question, Nancy.

Depending upon the person and the situation, evil spirits can be behind the clutter and disrepair because they are the ones who brought the victim into a state of depression to begin with, and taking care of daily chores becomes increasingly difficult for them because there's no desire for living. This is the case with the old woman, for "although she did her best, she could not keep up with the day to day maintenance that a house that size required." I've gone through periods of depression, and it's always this way. You don't have any energy for doing anything, and yet the housework keeps piling up and you keep getting farther and farther behind, and the enemy uses this to make you even more depressed because of your surroundings. But when we are restored to joy and closeness with God, suddenly our energy returns, and the house starts getting clean and you start putting your affairs in order again. This also happens to the woman in the dream. The presence of God empowers her inwardly and then manifests outwardly, and the house gets cleaned up. It's yet another confirmation to me personally that the dream is from God.

Now I will say this, however. The old saying "cleanliness is next to godliness" is true in many ways, in how "the atmosphere changed and the house turned from an old, dark and dingy, neglected, demon infested hovel, to a beautiful, spiritually clean, peaceful, light, bright, shiny new home... The old woman had also changed into a kind, joyful, caring, loving, woman of God." But the thing that we have to watch is presuming that our joy comes from without, i.e. from keeping the house clean and our life in order. Certainly it's better for one's moods to have things beautiful and orderly rather than messy and in disrepair, but our healing as believers comes from the Lord Himself, i.e. from the power of God within, and not from anything without. If we lean on the wrong source for joy and strength, it's only a matter of time before it will fail. Many rich people are miserable even though they have a small army of servants to keep everything spotless.

Sort of reminds me of Jesus' teaching to Mary and Martha, and how Martha was busy doing all the cooking and cleaning, but Mary was doing the one thing absolutely necessary (Luke 10:38-42).

So it becomes a matter of making sure our priorities are straight, and we put first things first. So long as we do that, I think the saying has merit to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I often feel a sort of peace of mind after my home is cleaned. Like I can relax.

My wife says the same thing. She doesn't enjoy things like cooking unless the kitchen is clean.

Beautiful surroundings do indeed help with moods. I recently started planting a bunch of flowers on the backyard patio, and the colors are pretty to look at. As one of the guys I buy my plants from said in broken English, "Flowers make happy."

Lol. :p