The Tabernacle of the Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it look like I'm trying to be dogmatic? Do you even understand the verses you post? Try engaging the thread with some understanding.

You know, I hold my tongue and hold my tongue, but . . . what if you were to try posting without being insulting?

Are you the holy one?

James 3:13 "Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom."

Hm.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just say you can't see or don't understand instead of offering a pathetic opinion that does nothing. Don't be like an unbeliever that gets in the way of the advancement of others.

Rather than impunge the respondant, why not simply support your notion with Scripture?

Much love!
mark

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What is different between having faith and believing?
ha well I guess it is subtle, they even share a synonym, but I could point out that our beliefs change as we mature, or at least they should imo, whereas faith does not change. Also belief comes from the heart, but maybe I am getting ahead now

but I guess (hopefully) obvious is that a belief that is not subject to change is not a "belief" at all, (nor is it faith, as we are taught). Thousands of snake-handlers have already learned this lesson the hard way I guess

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well I guess it is subtle, they even share a synonym, but I could point out that our beliefs change as we mature, or at least they should imo, whereas faith does not change. Also belief comes from the heart, but maybe I am getting ahead now

but I guess (hopefully) obvious is that a belief that is not subject to change is not a "belief" at all, (nor is it faith, as we are taught). Thousands of snake-handlers have already learned this lesson the hard way I guess

I think what we believe makes a huge difference. Many people have a faith that's not based in reality.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT seen, ( touched, tasted or handled)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think what we believe makes a huge difference. Many people have a faith that's not based in reality.
Well, I hope you understand that is two diff subjects to me, I don't believe that "having a faith" is even possible, although I guess it is true that most ppl have a belief that is not based in reality.

But anyway, while I agree with you on the first, I think, love believes all things should maybe get a hearing in there somewhere

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"heart" is used as a euphemism in Scripture, isn't it?
Isn't this pretty widely acknowledged? Maybe not

Well of course it is. It is used metaphically. That's why I think forming doctrine based on a muscle structure may not yield the most accurate result.

But many are not concerned with such things I suppose.

Much love!
mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I hope you understand that is two diff subjects to me, I don't believe that "having a faith" is even possible, although I guess it is true that most ppl have a belief that is not based in reality.

But anyway, while I agree with you on the first, I think, love believes all things should maybe get a hearing in there somewhere

Why I think you are right!

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In Hebrew the word for "ark" is actually "coffin."
That may be so, but context determines of the meaning of every word.

1. The Ark of the Covenant could not possibly represent a coffin
, since God -- who is Life -- made that Ark His meeting place, and displayed His Shekinah glory over the Ark of the Covenant, between the cherubim.

2. Also, the Ark contained the two tablets of stone with the Ten Commandments, which are the highest expression of God's holiness and righteousness. The Law of Love is embedded in those commandments.

3. Also the Ark contained Aaron's rod which budded, meaning God gave supernatural life to that inanimate dead rod, in order to establish that God had chosen the Aaronic priesthood for his service.

Your ideas are not totally rooted in scriptural reality.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That may be so, but context determines of the meaning of every word.

1. The Ark of the Covenant could not possibly represent a coffin
, since God -- who is Life -- made that Ark His meeting place, and displayed His Shekinah glory over the Ark of the Covenant, between the cherubim.

2. Also, the Ark contained the two tablets of stone with the Ten Commandments, which are the highest expression of God's holiness and righteousness. The Law of Love is embedded in those commandments.

3. Also the Ark contained Aaron's rod which budded, meaning God gave supernatural life to that inanimate dead rod, in order to establish that God had chosen the Aaronic priesthood for his service.

Your ideas are not totally rooted in scriptural reality.

The ark is the meeting place of God WITH men. Without death there is no life. No longer I....the self crucified with Christ so that the life of God would flow unimpeded.

These ideas go deeper than what you consider to be reality.

Reactions: faithfulness

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand.

I switched from KJV to the NIV in the 70s after much study and listening to linguists debate KJV versus NIV.

They all agreed linguistically the NIV was superior.

A big issue was people trying to claim KJV is word for word.

Fallacy is there is no such thing nor can there be. Languages just do not work that way.

Today KJVO rely on scholars. But scholars are not linguists.
Aye, Bible scholars are usually not linguists and likely the opposite is also usually so that linguists are not Bible scholars. But also consider that neither are linguists nor Bible scholars always men of God. If a Bible scholar or a linguist is not a man of God how much can we trust to his words with regard to God and the things of God? Without the leading and interpretation of the Holy Spirit in a man of God, is he not dead with regard to the things of God?

Reactions: faithfulness

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But then again do not most people have lives in the fleshly ways that are not reality? This of course presumes that reality is truth. Jesus said that He is the Truth, so anyone without him has no truth. They have no truth so then is not what they have effectively a lie? Perhaps not, but how much truth can a dead man possess? How real is walk on planet Earth of a dead man?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aye, Bible scholars are usually not linguists and likely the opposite is also usually so that linguists are not Bible scholars. But also consider that neither are linguists nor Bible scholars always men of God. If a Bible scholar or a linguist is not a man of God how much can we trust to his words with regard to God and the things of God? Without the leading and interpretation of the Holy Spirit in a man of God, is he not dead with regard to the things of God?

Sadly, they are all dead now, but the scholars I have the highest respect for also linguists.

Attachments

• DM100.pdf
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But then again do not most people have lives in the fleshly ways that are not reality? This of course presumes that reality is truth. Jesus said that He is the Truth, so anyone without him has no truth. They have no truth so then is not what they have effectively a lie? Perhaps not, but how much truth can a dead man possess? How real is walk on planet Earth of a dead man?

I was just saying that those who believe that they should be proving God by handling poisonous snakes have a faith, but it's not grounded in reality. It's not true. God tells us not to put Him to the test. And that is what they are doing.

The reality I mean is what God says is reality.

The walk of a dead man? Dead man walking.

Much love!
Mark

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just saying that those who believe that they should be proving God by handling poisonous snakes have a faith, but it's not grounded in reality. It's not true. God tells us not to put Him to the test. And that is what they are doing.
Perhaps it is not! A number of years ago with a friend in the Lord I was looking for a particular church [building] in Oklahoma and found instead a man in standing by his vehicle out on lonely unpaved [dirt] road. We had a very long conversation with him there in the middle of nowhere. He was quite a bit older than either myself or my friend at the time and had spent his entire deeply involved in a snake handling assembly. He knew the scriptures fairly well and did not disagree when we expressed problems with the way he had gone and the way his assembly was going with their handling of poisonous snakes regularly. Nonetheless he was stuck in that rut. He had always been with those snake handlers and in spite of any doubts, he insisted that he would remain with them for the remainder of his days. Our conversation was always on a very friendly basis.

The reality I mean is what God says is reality.
That what I mean as well. Is there any other reality or is anything else fiction or delusion or lies? Men seem to believe in some other reality... but why should we believe it? Because of the science of men? Because of what our 5 physical senses combined with the conclusions of our brain seemingly perceive?

The walk of a dead man? Dead man walking.
Unbelievers as I see it are simply dead in the eyes of God. As we become like Him [if we do] should they not also be dead to us?

Give God the glory!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus

Yes.

We used to see people according to the flesh, now we see them that way no longer. Faith over sight.

Reactions: amadeus