The theological fallacy of a spiritual 'resurrection'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say in the bible anything you are saying?

Where is it that those in BoA were tasting death? And that they no longer do?
David called the valley of the shadow of death which could easily be paraphrased as the "valley of the fear of imminent death".
Where in the Bible are these ideas said? You have stated opinion only. Why would they still be in Death... to be comforted as Lazarus was.
If there is no one in Death and everyone is in Hell or Heaven... then why does Jesus have the keys to Death and Hell. Is He just keeping the door shut, or using it to store the brooms?
When you get full of your own opinions, perhaps you can listen to other's opinions for a change?

You have been presented with Scripture, yet you cling to your own opinion like super glue.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matt 27:44-57

Look what all is going on here. Immediately upon Christ’s death the earthquake arrives causing the curtain in the temple to be cut in two. This showed us that the work was indeed complete. The penalty was paid.

The “centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.” This was the scene at the cross. This is not a natural disaster that hit 3 days later.

Having established that the earthquake occurred when He gave up the ghost, verse 52 adds more information as to what was going on: “And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.”

Where actually where these resurrected “saints which slept” before Christ secured this resurrection?

Abraham’s bosom.

We can only conclude that the emptying of Abraham’s bosom occurred at the cross.

As soon as Christ died there was a mass evacuation from Hades.

Ephesians 4:8-10 says, when he (Christ) ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.).”

The result of this can be where the New Testament locates the dead in Christ after the victory of the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Who is this group that is called “captivity” here? It is those sinful men that would be set free by Christ’s victory over death. They were miserably bound in solid spiritual chains. They were imprisoned in a dark prison without any hope of pardon or release. Isaiah 14:17 succinctly tells us that Lucifer “opened not the house of his prisoner.” They had no ability to free themselves from their awful jail. With Christ’s triumphant resurrection, all those who bow the knee to Christ and His shed blood at Calvary are liberated from the ugly clutches of Satan.

Whilst they were captives of the devil from birth, they found in Christ an escape from their awful bondage. Christ indeed “led captivity captive” when He defeated Satan at the cross and rose victorious to the splendour of heaven. He confronted Lucifer on the believer’s behalf and roundly defeated him. He was their representative. Jesus paid their enormous debt the believer owed and took their sentence upon Himself. We are therefore the spoils of war. We are the trophies of His grace.

Matthew references don't indicate that BoA was emptied to me. It just says what happened, that some dead guys got up and walked around a bit.

And Captivity is taken captive... Therefore Death is made subject to Jesus will. ie. the keys to death and hell were given to Jesus at that point. I believe that makes for a more accurate to the text reading.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When you get full of your own opinions, perhaps you can listen to other's opinions for a change?

You have been presented with Scripture, yet you cling to your own opinion like super glue.

I have been presented with scriptures that don't contradict my opinion.
Come with better proofs if you can and I will listen.
Until then expect your flights of fancy to get nailed down with Scriptures I bring to the table.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been presented with scriptures that don't contradict my opinion.
Come with better proofs if you can and I will listen.
Until then expect your flights of fancy to get nailed down with Scriptures I bring to the table.
Right, what Scriptures? Cause your paradise is in sheol with the rest of the lost. You will never win me over with that nonsense.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Right, what Scriptures? Cause your paradise is in sheol with the rest of the lost. You will never win me over with that nonsense.

Paradise is NOT in Sheol. That is your mistake not mine.
Bosom of Abraham is Paradise. Next door is Sheol or Hell.
As Jesus taught in Luke 16:20+

Reactions: ewq1938

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paradise is NOT in Sheol. That is your mistake not mine.
Bosom of Abraham is Paradise. Next door is Sheol or Hell.
As Jesus taught in Luke 16:20+
Paradise is the third heaven according to Paul. But you did not look up all the references on Paradise.

Why would the tree of life be in the under world next to sheol?

Does the New Jerusalem pop up from under the earth?