The Thing I Fear as a Believer in Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not fear death or the loss of salvation. Those two go together. If one is unsure of their salvation, or that they can lose it, then they can never have the fear of death removed from them. But our salvation is secure in the work of Jesus Christ and His work alone. We who are believers in Christ are going to get there.

But Scripture is clear to believers concerning something else. (1 John 2:28) "And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming."

Irregardless of how you want to view 'his coming', whether it be at death, or the rapture, or the Second Coming, it is when you will meet the Lord Jesus. And as John says, if we are not in a spiritual state of abiding with Him, then we will certainly meet Him in a feeling of being ashamed before Him. And as a believer in Christ, that is my greatest fear. That is the last thing I ever want to occur. Understand, the shameness is on my part, not Jesus's. He is not ashamed to call me brethren. But if in a state of straying away from Christ and not abiding in Him, it will be the feeling felt by me if I meet Him in that state. Of course it won't last, but it will be there.

How much better to be walking with Him, abiding in Him, when I meet Him. If it be through the process of death, how easy the transition since I would already be walking in the spirit instead of the flesh. And how difficult a time that would be if I am walking in the flesh. No confidence. A fear. And an ashamedness to meet Him.

This encourages me to maintain a walk with Him.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
what i am most struck by here S is that you do not equate
'his coming', whether it be at death, or the rapture, or the Second Coming
with
in a spiritual state of abiding with Him
iow why isn't "His coming" equated with "abiding" here?
How much better to be walking with Him, abiding in Him, when I meet Him.
i mean...look, i know that you seek a closer walk with Christ; there are many other sites you could be spending your time on, etc. But do you see how this sentence sounds...i dunno, disconnected?
And how difficult a time that would be if I am walking in the flesh. No confidence. A fear. And an ashamedness to meet Him.
i suggest that this is manufactured, and encouraged, by perceiving a Kingdom Tomorrow, and that when all of those are applied to Today, to you, the Body of Christ, Tomorrow will take care of itself, wadr.

now am i denying that there will be a Party in the Sky with Jesus at some point in the future, such as we are encouraged to believe?
i guess it seems like i am, but i say that i am not; certainly i would like that as much as anyone.
i am saying that that is irrelevant to Today, and that a thief in the night might even be at work here
so iow, fear encourages you to maintain your walk, right?
if this is not a fair redux, let me know

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you @Stranger that was a good post...and I agree.
Like you, I have no fear of death or not being in the Kingdom.
I don't particularly like or respect Rick Joiner much. But a few lines from his book The Final Quest haunts me...mainly because God gave me a long dream once which had the same message.
Rick Joiner's is shorter than my dream so I will mention it.
He arrived in the Throne Room at the End.
( an angel was with him) ..he comes in at the back...he can here God voice talking but can see Him...he too far back...as he walks forward past the crowed at the back, he sees they are weeping....he asks them who they are...they said " All of us are in the Foolish Virgin group. We can hear His voice at all times, but we can never see His face."
" Every man in his own order..." 1 Cor In his own group. ( my own emphasis would be on the "every" and on "order". :) )
....and so the book goes on...obviously just allegory as was my dream..but the same message. If we don't wish to be ashamed at the End, we make our calling and election sure... as you mentioned...we choose to Abide....we choose God over ourself...and we stay hotly in love with our wonderful God. We don't 'drop our guard'.

Bless you....H

Reactions: Nancy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you @Stranger that was a good post...and I agree.
Like you, I have no fear of death or not being in the Kingdom.
I don't particularly like or respect Rick Joiner much. But a few lines from his book The Final Quest haunts me...mainly because God gave me a long dream once which had the same message.
Rick Joiner's is shorter than my dream so I will mention it.
He arrived in the Throne Room at the End.
( an angel was with him) ..he comes in at the back...he can here God voice talking but can see Him...he too far back...as he walks forward past the crowed at the back, he sees they are weeping....he asks them who they are...they said " All of us are in the Foolish Virgin group. We can hear His voice at all times, but we can never see His face."
" Every man in his own order..." 1 Cor In his own group. ( my own emphasis would be on the "every" and on "order". :) )
....and so the book goes on...obviously just allegory as was my dream..but the same message. If we don't wish to be ashamed at the End, we make our calling and election sure... as you mentioned...we choose to Abide....we choose God over ourself...and we stay hotly in love with our wonderful God. We don't 'drop our guard'.

Bless you....H

Yes, to remain vigilante is the best.

But, I do believe the shame will be on our part only. Not on Jesus Christ's part. I think He knew what He was getting when he got us. I don't believe any believer will come through the back, as Joiner's dream indicates. For "He is not ashamed to call them brethren". (Heb. 2:11) My shame is bad enough. To have Him ashamed of me would be unbearable.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Loving God and neighbor is the only repentance. Recognizing we are fools...”but a walking shadow, a poor player. That struts and frets his hour upon the stage. And then is heard no more:....full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing” and turning from it, by practicing loving others - justification through Christ’s justification and the direction of the spirit.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well @aspen and @bbyrd009 ...I am for grace all the way...but however much in this here and now I have 100% confidence in all God has done through Jesus Christ for us...
I do not believe one bit that at the end ( we are NOT talking about 'this now' but the end of the end..) one single person will be looking Jesus right in the eye with no wavering... ...every knee will bow...and I bet that actually 'seeing Him' we will all have our noses on the ground!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great is the mystery of godliness. Great is the variance of experience we each have.

An experience, a dream had by Bill Bazansky, is very telling. If you've never read "Escape from terror" by him, it's a tremendous testimony.

Escape from Terror

Bill, not his given first name, was born in the Ukraine and was a youngster in WWII when the Germans tried to march ukranians back to Germany to work in the factories.

In the dream Bill had he was in a long line of people. Way ahead was a very big Jesus facing the oncoming line. As each person in the line approached a solemn faced Jesus slowly raised up his right or left arm and pointed. Sheep to the right, goats to the left. A fearful prospect to face the living christ in that line even after striving to please Him!

As Bill came to the front, the stern faced Jesus broke into a wide smile and instead of pointing right or left, pointed straight at Bill and crooked his finger in a come here motion. This is my ideal of relationship with the savior. To be clasped in His arms in a father - son embrace!

I use my saved imagination to comfort myself. Nora Lam, Chinese Christian forced to work in a coal mine while 9 months pregnant, in her cell pretended to be holding onto the ankles of Jesus whole she poured out her heart to Him. (read her book "China cry" for full testimony)

I used to imagine there was a big rocking chair in our house where Jesus sat slowly rocking with me in His lap and His arms about me, my head resting on His bosom. The rocking chair creaked as He rocked us slowly back and forth.

It's no joke what we have to face here and we must receive comfort.
1 Thessalonians 5:9-11 KJVS
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, [10] Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. [11] Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Once Jesus told me He had given me the ministry of encouragement so I strive to do this. I pray that I can help lift your spirit in some manner. We all need comfort and hope in this cold world.

Last edited:

Albert Finch

Apr 13, 2009
Houston, Texas USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The PURITY God requires from us is impossible for us. We must allow Him to produce it in us. PURITY produces in us godliness when we consistently sit at the feet of Jesus.

"...beholding the glory of the Lord, are being changed into His likeness ....." - 2 Corinthians 3:18

We want thoughts that are inspired by the Holy Spirit because we are abiding in His Presence. As we have our conversation, our CONFESSION, MEDITATION, AND DEVOTIONAL with God -- by His Word and truth -- then He has the authority over our lives. Our time is valuable and we want to use that time as an opportunity to increase our spiritual momentum to dive deeper into the heart and PURPOSE of God for our life.

UNDERSTANDING HOW HE VIEWS US IN CHRIST

Knowing how He views us in Christ will strengthen the inner man and demolish satan's strongholds.

"For the weapons of our warfare are not worldly but have divine power to destroy strongholds." - 2 Corinthians 10:4

True Christianity sparks a flame in the human spirit. It ignites the heart with holy fervency for Jesus.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Yes, to remain vigilante is the best."

ha, you got a little Freudian thing goin on here too, buddy
:D

Hey

Sometimes a little fruedian thing is just a cigar

Or something like that

Reactions: bbyrd009

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not fear death or the loss of salvation. Those two go together. If one is unsure of their salvation, or that they can lose it, then they can never have the fear of death removed from them. But our salvation is secure in the work of Jesus Christ and His work alone. We who are believers in Christ are going to get there.

But Scripture is clear to believers concerning something else. (1 John 2:28) "And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming."

Irregardless of how you want to view 'his coming', whether it be at death, or the rapture, or the Second Coming, it is when you will meet the Lord Jesus. And as John says, if we are not in a spiritual state of abiding with Him, then we will certainly meet Him in a feeling of being ashamed before Him. And as a believer in Christ, that is my greatest fear. That is the last thing I ever want to occur. Understand, the shameness is on my part, not Jesus's. He is not ashamed to call me brethren. But if in a state of straying away from Christ and not abiding in Him, it will be the feeling felt by me if I meet Him in that state. Of course it won't last, but it will be there.

How much better to be walking with Him, abiding in Him, when I meet Him. If it be through the process of death, how easy the transition since I would already be walking in the spirit instead of the flesh. And how difficult a time that would be if I am walking in the flesh. No confidence. A fear. And an ashamedness to meet Him.

Stranger

I have replaced fear with awe and wonder. If God wants to damn me, it is his prerogative - however, based on His character, there seems to be no limit He will go to in order to save us. Fear is the opposite of faith

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have replaced fear with awe and wonder. If God wants to damn me, it is his prerogative - however, based on His character, there seems to be no limit He will go to in order to save us. Fear is the opposite of faith

As usual, you missed the whole point of what I said.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"And as John says, if we are not in a spiritual state of abiding with Him, then we will certainly meet Him in a feeling of being ashamed before Him. And as a believer in Christ, that is my greatest fear."

as well it should be imo, if you have not connected the second thing with the first thing yet

Albert Finch

Apr 13, 2009
Houston, Texas USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

"...The times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord." Acts 3:19

"Waiting upon the Lord" is the key to a victorious, overcoming life. Throughout the Psalms, whenever David found himself in difficult circumstances, he constantly reminded himself to "wait upon the Lord."
As we wait upon the Lord, we will experience a genuine encounter with the Lord. Then wherever we go, the result of this "manifest presence" that we have experienced, will cut through every bondage and fear in those who are witnessing the result of our life being the expression of His life. There will be a realignment of our inner being, and our priorities will change from the natural to the spiritual. Our spiritual senses will be energized by His presence and restored to respond to His purposes.

During these prolonged times spent in His presence, we are "sowing" to the Spirit – enlarging our capacity to flow with the Holy Spirit. It is always costly to the natural man, but this provides us with the opportunity to overcome.
"And as John says, if we are not in a spiritual state of abiding with Him, then we will certainly meet Him in a feeling of being ashamed before Him. And as a believer in Christ, that is my greatest fear."

as well it should be imo, if you have not connected the second thing with the first thing yet
Many "early morning risings" may seemingly bear no fruit at all, but the continued lifting up of our desire for Him, along with our worship and the obedience of seeking after Him, rather than things, will in time bring forth within us an accumulative effect that will surprisingly produce a profound spiritual result. We will have "become" a prophetic vessel that is available to Him.

These times of "waiting upon the Lord," in His presence, do not produce quick results, but rather, lasting ones. Jesus commanded us to abide in Him, adding that it will cause us to bear "fruit that remains." But, the abiding life – a life that "waits" in God's presence, will produce fruit that will stand in eternity.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Stranger
How could you be walking in the flesh if you're a born again believer?
What does walking in the flesh mean to you?

To me it means that we are not renewing our mind more and more.
Romans 12:2

I am much more aware today as to what God expects from me than I was when I was first saved. And probably in 10 years I'll realize I could have done even more.

But walking in the flesh means sinning habitually and living in sin.
Galatians 5:16-17
Colossians 1:9-10

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could you be walking in the flesh if you're a born again believer?
What does walking in the flesh mean to you?

To me it means that we are not renewing our mind more and more.
Romans 12:2

I am much more aware today as to what God expects from me than I was when I was first saved. And probably in 10 years I'll realize I could have done even more.

But walking in the flesh means sinning habitually and living in sin.
Galatians 5:16-17
Colossians 1:9-10

Doesn't Paul say in (Gal. 5:16), "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." Thus the believe can walk in the flesh.

Walking in the flesh is walking in accordance to the wants and desires of the flesh. Could be lust. Could be vengeance. Could be wanting to open up a book store when God doesn't want you to.

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Doesn't Paul say in (Gal. 5:16), "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." Thus the believe can walk in the flesh.

Walking in the flesh is walking in accordance to the wants and desires of the flesh. Could be lust. Could be vengeance. Could be wanting to open up a book store when God doesn't want you to.

Stranger
Right.
Paul said to walk in the spirit so we don't fulfill fleshly desires.
Born again believes that are following Christ like they're supposed to be are walking in the spirit!
Can't quote scripture right now.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right.
Paul said to walk in the spirit so we don't fulfill fleshly desires.
Born again believes that are following Christ like they're supposed to be are walking in the spirit!
Can't quote scripture right now.

I agree.

Stranger

Reactions: GodsGrace