The Three Beasts in Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DaDad said:
Hi Bible_Gazer,

The Book of Daniel is written to the Nations. Daniel is NOT called to prophesy to the Jews, thus in Daniel Chapter 9 he must don the mantle of Jeremiah to address his kinsmen. All other Prophetic Chapters and interactions/events are to the NATIONS.

As such one should expect to find the FIVE world empires as defined in 2:45, and as conforms with World History.

To presume otherwise would not be wise.

With Best Regards,
DD
I think Daniel was written to the Jews - parts of it was suppose to have been written in Hebrew.

I don't see where it says the 5th kingdom of the metallic image.

In Daniel 7 it is the 4th beast God's come against it which has to be the 4th kingdom in Dan.2

And God's kingdom will rise up against it as said in both places.

Rome is still in the picture - The Iron Kingdom is not finished yet, more to come.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Bible_Gazer,

Bible_Gazer said:
I think Daniel was written to the Jews - parts of it was suppose to have been written in Hebrew.
Daniel DIRECTLY prophesied to his kindsmen under the mantle of Jeremiah. All other interactions are between the Nations, starting with the Babylonian Nebuchadnezzar, Beltshazzar, Darius, and finally the Medo/Persian Cyrus.

Bible_Gazer said:
I don't see where it says the 5th kingdom of the metallic image.
Daniel 2
41 And as you saw the feet and toes partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom
45 ... the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold ... = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIIVE

Furthermore history supports a FIFTH "divided" empire whose participants DO NOT pay taxes to the occupant (Italy) of that ancient geography, but virtually ALL exhibit the residue of Iron because the Roman Empire was never conquered, and the Roman Republic model was never replaced. Thus:

... and to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation under GOD, ...

And this same History reveals this end-time "divided kingdom" as between 3-superpowers, and a pending 4th One-World-Government -- which has already announced the 10 "Toes"/"Horns"/Nations participants.

Bible_Gazer said:
In Daniel 7 it is the 4th beast .

Daniel 7:11-12
“Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. 12 (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)

In analogy, if there were a happy little bird (Babylonian) which were devoured by a cat (Medo/Persian) with full digestion, and the cat devoured by a dog (Grecian) with full digestion, and the dog devoured by an alligator (Roman) with full digestion, when Animal Control (Jesus) kills the alligator, how is it that the bird, cat, and dog come back to life?!? Isn't the first empire integral to the second empire, and so forth????

Conversely, if there are three concurrent superpowers, U.K./U.S., Russia, and China, -- are not all three able to continue after the U.N. is judged, until they are integrated into the new Millennial Kingdom?

With Best Regards,
DD

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
DaDad said:
Hi Floyd,

I would like to ask you some questions regarding Chapters 12, 13, & 17. Would you be willing to open a new Topic which we can go through some of the text and history?

With Best Regards,
DD
Hi DD.
I will give that 24 hours of thought and prayer.
Floyd.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DaDad said:
Hi Bible_Gazer,

Daniel DIRECTLY prophesied to his kindsmen under the mantle of Jeremiah. All other interactions are between the Nations, starting with the Babylonian Nebuchadnezzar, Beltshazzar, Darius, and finally the Medo/Persian Cyrus.

Daniel 2
41 And as you saw the feet and toes partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom
45 ... the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold ... = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIIVE

Furthermore history supports a FIFTH "divided" empire whose participants DO NOT pay taxes to the occupant (Italy) of that ancient geography, but virtually ALL exhibit the residue of Iron because the Roman Empire was never conquered, and the Roman Republic model was never replaced. Thus:

And this same History reveals this end-time "divided kingdom" as between 3-superpowers, and a pending 4th One-World-Government -- which has already announced the 10 "Toes"/"Horns"/Nations participants.

Daniel 7:11-12
“Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. 12 (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)

In analogy, if there were a happy little bird (Babylonian) which were devoured by a cat (Medo/Persian) with full digestion, and the cat devoured by a dog (Grecian) with full digestion, and the dog devoured by an alligator (Roman) with full digestion, when Animal Control (Jesus) kills the alligator, how is it that the bird, cat, and dog come back to life?!? Isn't the first empire integral to the second empire, and so forth????

Conversely, if there are three concurrent superpowers, U.K./U.S., Russia, and China, -- are not all three able to continue after the U.N. is judged, until they are integrated into the new Millennial Kingdom?

With Best Regards,
DD
Thanks for your input

I will stick with what God is talking about, rather than figuring what man's history wants us to hear.
God listed 4 kingdoms for us to see in Daniel 2 not five.
I think they are all history, yet the last one is wounded and will finish out to its complete destruction later.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Bible_Gazer said:
Thanks for your input

I will stick with what God is talking about, rather than figuring what man's history wants us to hear.
I think they are all history, yet the last one is wounded and will finish out to its complete destruction later.
Why do you think there are four kingdoms in Dan.2?
Floyd.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring!

Let's simplify the premise so others may join in, in light of Rev.17:9, etc., "Here the mind, the one having wisdom...." I attempted to show earlier that the 3rd beast is the same as the 1st and 2nd beast 1st coming, however is the 1st and 2nd beast 2nd coming (Rev.20:7).

Now Rev.17:9 This is the same preamble like the one occurring in Rev.13:18, the mind that has wisdom from the Word, let it apply its wisdom here, namely in regard to what the angel now says about the heads and the horns. First and foremost we must not harm "1" humble soul that 'reads.' For those doing a good work in Daniel, a head's up regarding the direction I'm heading, eg, Rev.17:10 same as Dan.7:24.

A sort of head's up. The two numbers "7" and "10" cannot be understood literally; they must be symbolical, cf. Rev.13:1. We cannot list seven actual kings, seven dynasties of kings with their kingdoms rationally contextually in history, or seven forms of types of secular governments and then add ten kings who are represented by the horns, who, with their kingdoms, followed the first seven, thus making a list of seventeen secular kings. My sub-point, steer away of making the beast the antichristian state power, eg, pagan emperors of Rome takes a too narrow view. Let's not introduce the papacy steering clear contextually of religious and ecclesiastical matters pointing to some tremendous personal antichrist who will at the end control all state and all ecclesiastical power and have his seat on the city of seven hills, Rome. How does it feel to be on the same page?

Old simplifying Jack

btw brother Floyd, following you along in Daniel trying to get on the same paragraph.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi BG,

Bible_Gazer said:
I will stick with what God is talking about ...
Daniel 2

It seems you wish to stick to a doctrine, -- over Scripture. Please let me know when you are ready to discuss Scripture.

With Best Regards,
DD

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Floyd said:
Why do you think there are four kingdoms in Dan.2?
Floyd.
Gold - Babylon
silver - Medes and Persian
Brass - Greece
Iron - Rome

Daniel 2:40
40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron:
forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

does not say anything about a fifth kingdom

After the 4th kingdom , God setup an eternal kingdom never to ruled by another or destroyed by a Gentiles kingdoms. vs 2:44-45 7:22-27

Daniel 7 only mention 4 beasts.
Lion being Babylon first and ..........
DaDad said:
Hi BG,

Daniel 2

It seems you wish to stick to a doctrine, -- over Scripture. Please let me know when you are ready to discuss Scripture.

With Best Regards,
DD
The clay is in the fourth kingdom as it says - mix with iron - the kingdom was partially weak.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Bible_Gazer said:
Gold - Babylon
Brass - Greece
Iron - Rome

The clay is in the fourth kingdom as it says - mix with iron - the kingdom was partially weak.
Perhaps you did not read verses 41, & 45, so let me re-post them for your reference:

Daniel 2
45 ... the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold ... = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE

And for reference, the empire of Clay "divided kingdom" consisting of 3-superpowers ALL use the Roman Republic model, as Rome was never conquered, but simply decayed into the dust bin of history with that government model having never been superseded:

Thus we find the Iron residue in the empire of Clay.

With Best Regards,
DD

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
DaDad said:
Hi BG,

Daniel 2

With Best Regards,
DD
Thank you for caring!

Only a head's up, ie, Daniel chapters 7 & 8 with their very lucid "4" Kingdoms parallel the "4" in chapter 2.

The whole book of Daniel is the basis for the "1" Kingdom of the Godman Christ, ie, the supreme concept in the N.T.

btw my true friend, whenever your view gets shot down, seems like you immediately join others on other threads claiming "off topic," "start a new thread," and etc. - as a true friend only letting you know that I'm not the only one that understands this. Just grin and bear it like the rest of us.

Old insignificant Jack
Bible_Gazer said:
Gold - Babylon
Brass - Greece
Iron - Rome

Daniel 2:40
40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron:
forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

does not say anything about a fifth kingdom

After the 4th kingdom , God setup an eternal kingdom never to ruled by another or destroyed by a Gentiles kingdoms. vs 2:44-45 7:22-27

Daniel 7 only mention 4 beasts.
Lion being Babylon first and ..........

Perfect!

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
To my most bestest, dearest, closest, and most Christian best friend forever (BFF),

shturt678 said:
"off topic,"
Thank You So So Much For Caring To Share Your Greatly Esteemed Thoughts As Though They Were Refined Gold Bestowed Upon A World In Desperate Poverty! :wub:

Please be aware that the Host of this Topic (Bible_Gazer) can direct the conversations where ever he wishes, as evidenced.

Perhaps if you hosted a Topic, you could shepherd those conversations.

Your most contrite, diminutive, humble, lowly, meager, meek, modest ,self-effacing, submissive, unassuming, unostentatious, and unpretentious servant,
DD

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
DaDad said:
To my most bestest, dearest, closest, and most Christian best friend forever (BFF),

Thank You So So Much For Caring To Share Your Greatly Esteemed Thoughts As Though They Were Refined Gold Bestowed Upon A World In Desperate Poverty! :wub:

Please be aware that the Host of this Topic (Bible_Gazer) can direct the conversations where ever he wishes, as evidenced.

Perhaps if you hosted a Topic, you could shepherd those conversations.

Your most contrite, diminutive, humble, lowly, meager, meek, modest ,self-effacing, submissive, unassuming, unostentatious, and unpretentious servant,
DD
Thank you for your response and the head's up!

I have enough problems allowing our Godman Lord Jesus Christ (Shepherd) 'shepherd' me, ie, only reminding you to keep taking the back lowly chair continually entering the "door" to the Kingdom of God.

Old Jack, still guilty of using pretentious jargon - confession of sin

btw the "door" = "Shepherd."

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible provides its own interpretation as to who the "beasts" are. With the assistance of the book of Daniel chapter 7, that unveils the meaning of four "beasts" that existed in the past (ancient Babylon , Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome) and that ' came out of the sea ', it can be deciphered concerning the "beasts" of Revelation.

For example, at Revelation 13, it speaks of a "wild beast ascending out of the sea" that has "ten horns and seven heads, and on its horns ten diadems, but on its head blasphemous names."(Rev 13:1) But who is the creator of this "wild beast" ? Revelation 13:1 also says that "it stood on the sand of the sea". From the conclusion of Revelation 12, it can be seen that the "dragon" or Satan "stands on.....the sea" and watches as his creation emerges from it. But what is the "sea" ?

The Bible provides its own answer at Isaiah 57, saying: "But the wicked are like the restless sea that cannot calm down, and its waters keep tossing up seaweed and mire."(Isa 57:20) Thus, the "sea" is the restless masses of mankind always seeking "change", wanting to establish their own political government or arrangement, and which some 196 nations but also regions that want autonomy have done so. Even within nations, there is the constant bickering and infighting that never ends, showing the restlessness of wicked mankind.

The "wild beast" of Revelation 13 is seen with "ten horns and seven heads". Why ? Because this "wild beast" pictures the seven world powers that have had a direct impact on God's people, starting with Egypt, then Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome and finally the last world power to ever exist, the Anglo-American dual world power of Britain/America. The use of the animals "leopard", "bear", and "lion", as as seen at Daniel 7 of three world powers, shows the "wild beast" of Revelation 13:1 to be a composite "beast", shaped into a world political empire by Satan.

At Revelation 17:10, it says: "And there are seven kings: Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet arrived; but when he does arrive, he must remain a short while." In the apostle John's day, five of the world powers had come and gone (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece), "one is" (Rome), and "the other had not yet arrived (Anglo-American world power), but when he does, he must remain a little while" during the "Lord's day".

The "diadems" (Greek diadema, not stephanos meaning "crown") on the different heads shows royalty or regal power, with these "seven heads" being the dominate world powers at the time, exercising royal authority over the earth at their particular time. The exact same number of diadems is also found on the ' seven heads of the dragon' (Rev 12:3) showing that Satan is the ruling factor behind all the world powers as his creation and that he is "the ruler of the world".(John 14:30; Rev 12:9)

What about the "ten horns" ? The number "ten" represents earthly completeness, with nothing after it, such as the "Ten Plagues" (Ex 7-12), the "Ten Commandments" or "Ten Words".(Ex 34:28) Hence, the "ten horns" pictures all the political governments existing during "the Lord's day" (Rev 1:10), the time period that began with Jesus being installed as king of God's kingdom in 1914.

So the "wild beast" at Revelation 13:1 is Satan's entire world wide political system. The "ten horns" (all political governments now existing) will accomplish Jehovah God's "one thought" of seeing that the world empire of false religion, Babylon the Great, is destroyed at the direction or behest of the "scarlet-colored wild beast", the United Nations (Rev 17:16) and then see their finality or destruction at Armageddon, the "war of the great day of God the Almighty".(Rev 16:14, 16)

But continuing on to Revelation 13:11, we see another "wild beast", that has "two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking like a dragon." It has dominating power, for "it exercises all the authority of the first wild beast in its sight. And it makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first wild beast, whose mortal wound was healed."(Rev 13:12) The ' wild beast with two horns like a lamb ' is the same as the seventh world power of Biblical history, Britain/America.

It tries to appear "like a lamb", docile, putting on a display of interest in other nations welfare, but when the "mask" is pulled back, "it began speaking like a dragon." It is like a vicious animal that puts on "sheep's covering" (Matt 7:15) so as to fool everyone, but it always ready to attack and ravagously take what it wants.

So as to keep control or dominate the world scene, "it makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first wild beast, whose mortal wound was healed" (World War I was such a blow economically to the U.S. and especially to Britian, that this later brought on the "Great Depression" of 1929, but over time recovered and continued to assert itself ), or itself. How did it ' make the earth and its inhabitants worship the first wild beast ' ?

Revelation 13:13 says: "And it (Britain/America) performs great signs, even making fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the sight of mankind." After the end of World War I in 1919, British prime minster David Lloyd George and American president Woodrow Wilson, made a proposal of how to "permanently" end the deadliness of war, by establishing a League of Nations organization. This was one of the "great signs" that enthralled people all over the earth.

This political organization began its operation in 1920, but went defunct in 1939, when Hitler invaded Poland on September 1. It later reemerged as the United Nations, fulfilling Revelation 17:8. The United States and its associate partner, Britain, continue to dominate the world scene, with the US dollar still holding sway among currencies, being called "the reserve currency". That is why it is also called "the false prophet", for the world looks to it for "salvation" from various problems, such as aid in times of disaster, or money loans.(Rev 16:13)

This seventh world power of Britain/America puts on a front of being peaceful but underneath it is "like a dragon", willing to do anything necessary to maintain it status as "tops" in the world, from subterfuge to outright attack. But their end is rapidly coming.

Revelation 19 says that "the wild beast (all political governments and their organizations standing when Armageddon arrives) and the (or their) kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the one seated on the horse and against his army. And the wild beast was caught, and along with it the false prophet that performed in front of it the signs with which he misled those who received the mark of the wild beast and those who worship its image. While still alive, they both were hurled into the fiery lake that burns with sulfur."(Rev 19:19, 20)

Now, Satan's political "system of things" has vanished by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus and his associate kings (Rev 2:26), and so has false religion (Babylon the Great) along with the "merchants", greedy commerce.(Rev 17:16; 18:8; 19:21)

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Guestman,

Guestman said:
The Bible provides its own interpretation as to who the "beasts" are. With the assistance of the book of Daniel chapter 7, that unveils the meaning of four "beasts" that existed in the past (ancient Babylon , Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome)
If your assertion is correct, then why does Dan. 2:41 & 45 depict FIVE world empires, versus the Four which you ascribe?

Dan. 2
45 ... the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold ... = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE

Guestman said:
The "diadems" (Greek diadema, not stephanos meaning "crown") on the different heads shows royalty or regal power, with these "seven heads" being the dominate world powers at the time,
Rev. 12:3
3 And another portent appeared in heaven; behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems upon his heads.

Rev. 13:1
And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems upon its horns and a blasphemous name upon its heads.

You cite the seven heads and associated ten horns / ten diadems. However you do not explain how/why the diadems transitioned from the seven heads / seven diadems to the ten horns / ten diadems, -- and why the order changed from heads/horns to horns/heads.

I tried to elicit an explanation from another Forum poster, but he was unable to answer this simple question. And so I turn to you to respond.

With Best Regards,
DaDad (DD)

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DaDad said:
Hi Guestman,

If your assertion is correct, then why does Dan. 2:41 & 45 depict FIVE world empires, versus the Four which you ascribe?

Dan. 2
45 ... the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold ... = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE
There are only four different metals ("head of gold", ancient Babylon, "chests and arms of silver", Medo-Persia, "abdomen and thighs of copper", Greece, "legs of iron", Rome, as well as the "feet....partly of iron and partly of clay", the Anglo-American dual world power) mentioned at Daniel 2, that corresponds to the "beasts" of Daniel 7.

It need be noted that four "beasts" are seen at Daniel 7 and are ancient Babylon ("like a lion", Dan 7:4, world power from 632 B.C.E. to 539 B.C.E.), Medo-Persia ("like a bear", Dan 7:5, world power from 539 B.C.E. to 331 B.C.E.), Greece ("like a leopard", Dan 7:6, world power from 331 B.C.E. to 31 B.C.E.) and Rome ("fourth beast, fearsome and terrifying and unusually strong", Dan 7:7, world power from 31 B.C.E to 476 C.E.), these having come and gone.

However, from the breakup of the Roman Empire (the "feet...partly of iron and partly of clay", Dan 2:33) came another "beast", though not mentioned as a "beast" in the book of Daniel, but as an extension of the Roman Empire. How so ?

With the downfall of the Roman Empire in 476 C.E., by Germanic warlord Odoacer and Rome's dissolution, this once powerful empire had it "feelers" as far west as Britain, and in fact had established a fort there in about 44 C.E. Even later, a small encampment called Roman Londinium or Roman London was formed and of which last year (2013) when an excavation was being done in a part of London, there was found some 10,000 items that belonged to the Romans, uncovering such items as an amber amulet in the shape of a gladiator's helmet, showing once their presence there.

Hence, from Rome's breakup came another world power, Britain that combined with its once colony, America, to bring into existence the Anglo-American dual world power in 1917 C.E. in these "last days". These now work cooperatively as basically "one", having a common language and characteristics.

But the Anglo-American world power does not have the same powerful capabilities that the Roman Empire displayed (having "large iron teeth....devouring and crushing", Dan 7:7), for Britain/America is "mixed with the people" (Dan 2:43, clay does not have the same strength as iron, but can relatively easily be broken, Dan 2:41, showing that Britain/America is not as strong as it could be, that the Roman Empire [totally called "iron", no mixture] displayed), showing that this world power is greatly impacted by the demands of its people, whereas the Roman Empire used force when it deemed necessary, regardless of how it affected their people or anyone. The Roman Empire's military machine was unmatched at its height of power, such as during the time of Jesus.

For example, governor Pontius Pilate used money (without permission) from the temple treasury in Jerusalem to build an aqueduct from a place some 25 miles away to bring water into Jerusalem. Large crowds clamored against Pilate for doing this. So Pilate sent disguised soldiers to mix in with the crowd and, at his signal, attack them, injuring some and killing some.(Luke 13:1)

The Anglo-American dual world power is the last of the seven world powers mentioned in the Bible, its decimation (along with all other political governments on the earth) coming very soon.(Rev 16:14, 16, Armageddon is a world situation, not a location in the Middle East)

DaDad said:
Hi Guestman,

3 And another portent appeared in heaven; behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems upon his heads.

And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems upon its horns and a blasphemous name upon its heads.

You cite the seven heads and associated ten horns / ten diadems. However you do not explain how/why the diadems transitioned from the seven heads / seven diadems to the ten horns / ten diadems, -- and why the order changed from heads/horns to horns/heads.

I tried to elicit an explanation from another Forum poster, but he was unable to answer this simple question. And so I turn to you to respond.

With Best Regards,
DaDad (DD)
At Revelation 12:3, it says that "another sign was seen in heaven. Look! A great fiery-colored dragon, with seven heads and ten horns and on its heads seven diadems", whereas Revelation 13:1 says that "it (the "dragon" or Satan as the "wild beast" creator) stood still on the sand of the sea. And I saw a wild beast ascending out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, and on its horns ten diadems, but on its heads blasphemous names." Why the difference ?

Simply put, Satan, as the "dragon" and creator of the "wild beast" (the entire political system throughout the earth), holds sway or control of all the earth, exercising authority through the "seven heads". The seventh "head" or Britain/America is a force that now dominates and Satan works through the composite "head", not through each individual "diadem" that each nation has.

Since the inception of the "wild beast" some 4,000 years ago, Satan controls all political nations and their agencies, and is now doing this through the seventh "head", Britain/America, so that he (Satan as the "dragon" with "diadems" on it seven heads, showing his royal authority earthwide) "pulls the strings" invisibly through the seventh world power of Biblical history.

With the seven heads of the political "wild beast" each having "diadems' on each horn represents that each government exercises their own power or authority, such as Britain has its own governmental arrangement (considered a monarchy) while the U.S. has its own political setup (called a democratic system), having each their own royal authority, but working together as "one".

Hence, Satan manipulates the earth through the combined political arrangement of Britain/America as one "head" with its "diadems", not as two individual governments in which each has its own "diadem" or ruling authority, establishing their own country's policies, apart from the other.

For instance, Medo-Persia (the fourth "head" in succession, Rev 13:1) was two separate governments, but functioned as "one", with each having it own "diadem" or ruling authority (when Cyrus was king, Media exercised more power than Persia, for Daniel 7:5 says that the "bear...was raised up on one side", one side being higher or exercising more power within the combination)

But also to be noted is that on the ' seven heads ' of the political "wild beast" is "blasphemous names". Why ? Because the masses of mankind placed their own particular governmental system above God's rulership, this being blasphemy.

And for the now existing National Council of the Churches of Christ to say (Dec 18, 1918) concerning the "scarlet-colored wild beast" (Rev 17:3), that was proposed in 1918 as the League of Nations by Britain/America and began operation in 1920, that "such a League is not a mere political expedient; it is rather the political expression of the Kingdom of God on earth.....The League is rooted in the Gospel." The churches have supplanted God's Kingdom with the League of Nations (and later, with the United Nations) as supposedly God's means to bring "peace on earth". What blasphemy !

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Guestman,

Guestman said:
There are only four different metals ("head of gold", ancient Babylon, "chests and arms of silver", Medo-Persia, "abdomen and thighs of copper", Greece, "legs of iron", Rome, as well as the "feet....partly of iron and partly of clay",
If what you suggest is accurate, then verse 41 is incorrect in assigning the Feet and Toes as a distinct "kingdom"; verse 45 is incorrect in depicting FIVE world empires by separating the clay from the iron, by the insertion of the bronze between them; and history is incorrect in yielding a FIFTH empire era where world power is "divided" between THREE SUPERPOWERS, and a FOURTH ONE-WORLD-GOVERNMENT.

Dan. 2

Per the above, if the verse 45, 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE significance is not as proposed, then please provide an alternate explanation for this Scriptural Intelligent Design.

Guestman said:
It need be noted that four "beasts" are seen at Daniel 7 and are ancient Babylon ("like a lion", Dan 7:4, world power from 632 B.C.E. to 539 B.C.E.), Medo-Persia ("like a bear", Dan 7:5, world power from 539 B.C.E. to 331 B.C.E.), Greece ("like a leopard", Dan 7:6, world power from 331 B.C.E. to 31 B.C.E.) and Rome ("fourth beast, fearsome and terrifying and unusually strong", Dan 7:7, world power from 31 B.C.E to 476 C.E.), these having come and gone.
If the "bear" is Medo/Persia, then perhaps you can explain which three nations ("ribs") were NOT absorbed into the constituency of the "bear", but were simply gnawed on for some duration, after which they HAD TO BE DROPPED so that the "bear" could "arise and devour much flesh".

Guestman said:
... Medo-Persia (the fourth "head" in succession, Rev 13:1) was two separate governments, but functioned as "one", with each having it own "diadem" or ruling authority (when Cyrus was king, Media exercised more power than Persia, ...
Perhaps you could provide a historical citation which documents your parallel Ruler assertion.

550–530 Cyrus II the Great
529–522 Cambyses II
522 Bardiya (Smerdis)
521–486 Darius I the Great
485–465 Xerxes I the Great
465–424 Artaxerxes I Longimanus
424 Xerxes II
424–423 Sogdianus
423–405 Darius II of Persia
404–359 Artaxerxes II Mnemon
358–338 Artaxerxes III Ochus
338–336 Artaxerxes IV Arses
336–330 Darius III
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achaemenid_Empire

Per the above, I only find a series of rulers, with NO parallel rulers.

And finally, you did not respond to my query regarding the distinction between the seven heads/diadems, versus the ten horns/diadems:

Please explain how/why the diadems transitioned from the seven heads / seven diadems to the ten horns / ten diadems, -- and why the order changed from heads/horns to horns/heads.

Do people just make this stuff up, to try and pull the wool over peoples eyes?!? We're not stupid. We've got history books.

With Best Regards,
DD

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Taken from www.revelationsmessage.co.uk chapter 13:

[SIZE=12pt](a) Here is reached probably the highest point on earth (as opposed to heaven) for the beast/Satan who now has many of the earth's population openly worshipping him directly, and via. his[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] false messiah[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]and false prophet, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]some believing that he is the true God.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]It is quite possible that the charade of Satan is so convincing that the established religions will accept him as [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Messiah (in the case of the Jews,) the risen Christ (in the case of Christendom,) the hidden Imam (in the case of Islam,[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]) the 5th Buddha (in the case of Buddhists,) and the Maitreya (in the case of the New Agers.) [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]This especially so as the beast will "hate the whore," [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt](Rev. 17:16)[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] and appear to destroy her, which is clearly[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] false righteousness[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] for the effect of drawing their large groups together. The question arises, who is this entity described as[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]"the beast?"[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](See 2:6 above.)[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt] Chapter 2 of Daniel describes the figure in Nebuchadnezzar's dream. When the legs are reached they are described as iron (V.33,) and from history are clearly military and religious Rome. The ending of the military phase of Rome started in the 4th century A.D.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] under Constantine. [/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]He and his [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]very influential mother Helena,[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] began the conversion of the empire [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]into a military and religious body,[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]for many reasons, including the main one, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]effective control of the empire and people. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Constantine set up his own capital at Byzantium/Stambul (Istambul) which he re-named Constantinople. This alienated Rome, which by the 11th century A.D., split completely into the East and West of the original [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]"Holy Roman[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Empire." [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Since then the two have established separate orthodoxies, i.e. Eastern Orthodox, and Roman Church, (two legs, left and right.) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The feet of the dream (Dan. 2:41) and the toes, 5 from the left leg, and 5 from the right leg; (V.42) are the subject of our present study. Verse 1 describes it as having 7 heads and 10 horns (the horns are assumed to be the toes of the "image" Dan. 2:41.) Other references to it are in Dan. 7:7 "ten horns," and 7:20 "ten horns." In 7:20 and 7:24[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] another horn rises and subdues 3 of them, and becomes very powerful. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]It is that horn in its power base that "makes war with the saints," 7:21, 7:25.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]In Rev. 13, the beast has 7 heads. In Dan. 7:20 the ten horns are on one head, implying that the 7 nations have[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] become one power (Confederation,)[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] under the most powerful horn 7:21. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The identity of the little horn is the next concern. In Dan. 8:23 we are shown that he arrives out of the divided kingdom of Alexander the Great, (8:21-22,) which divided between his four Generals at the death of Alexander. We also have many Scripture references to him. I.e; in Dan. 8:23 the correct Hebrew shows that "the transgression," [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt](against Israel) [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]are to reach a peak, before "he," "shall stand up."[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]This clearly points to the Tribulation imposed on the Jews by him [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt](Satan)[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] in the background, and almost certainly his full exposure ("standing up") will correspond with the[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] breaking of "the covenant," (Dan. 9:27.)[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]His highest representative on earth is commonly called "Antichrist." Through the Ages he has had various roles on earth i.e. (Isa. 14:4,) (Isa. 14:12,) (Isa. 14:25,) (Dan. 7:8) (Dan. 8:23,) (Dan. 9:26,) (Dan. 11:36,) (Mic. 5:5,) (2 Thess. 2:3,) (2 Thess. 2:8,) (Rev. 13:1,) (Rev.13:18.) Some of the above apply to his future role as Antichrist.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]In summary, the "little horn," Antichrist emerges from the 4th beast (confederacy) as its leader. Initially magnanimous to Israel, there is a 3½ year period of peace for them. After the first 3½ years, he breaks the agreement with Israel and they enter persecution (Jer. 30:7,) known in prophecy as "Jacob's trouble," for 3½ years. [/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]However, this is the stage of the dramatic re-entry of the Christ of Jehovah onto the world stage for the first time in Power (Dan. 2:34-35, 44 and 45,) (Isa.) (Zech.) (Ezk.) etc.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Simultaneously or partly simultaneously (apparently) much is happening to the nations of the world, which is not of Satan, but the[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]"wrath of[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]God," (Rev. 16:1[/SIZE]

Floyd.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
To All,

Floyd said:
[SIZE=12pt]The feet of the dream (Dan. 2:41) and the toes, 5 from the left leg, and 5 from the right leg;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]...the divided kingdom of Alexander the Great, (8:21-22,) which divided between his four Generals at the death of Alexander. [/SIZE]
Who is it that would wittingly or unwittingly attempt to deceive the church?!?

1. How is it that one should infer that the two legs have significance? Were there not TWO THIGHS which preceded the two legs? And if there were ANY significance, then wouldn't it be attributed to the THIGHS?!?

2. Alexander's empire was NOT divided between four generals, -- but rather FIVE:

1. Antipater taking Macedonia and Greece,
2. Lysimachus Thrace
3. Antigonus Asia Minor
4. Seleucus Babylonea
5. Ptolemy Egypt

“There were not only three major monarchies -- Macedonia, Seleucia, and Egypt; there were a hundred Greek city-states, of all degrees of independence; there was a maze of alliances and leagues; there were half-Greek states in Epirus, Judea, Pergamum, Byzantium, Bithynia, Cappadocia, Galatia, Bactria; and in the west were Greek Italy and Sicily, torn between aging Carthage and youthful Rome. ...(Alexander) had left not one but several strong men behind him, and none could be content with less than sovereignty. ... After some minor trials at arms which disposed of lesser contenders, they divided the empire into five parts -- Antipater taking Macedonia and Greece, Lysimachus Thrace, Antigonus Asia Minor, Seleucus Babylonea, and Ptolemy Egypt.”[1]

[SIZE=8pt][1][/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Durant, Will, “[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Story of Civilization: Part I,” Simon and Schuster, NY, 1954[/SIZE], pp. 557-558

Perhaps the promulgators of various doctrines should realize that WE DO HAVE HISTORY BOOKS.

With Best Regards,
DD

add

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DaDad said:
Hi Guestman,

If what you suggest is accurate, then verse 41 is incorrect in assigning the Feet and Toes as a distinct "kingdom"; verse 45 is incorrect in depicting FIVE world empires by separating the clay from the iron, by the insertion of the bronze between them; and history is incorrect in yielding a FIFTH empire era where world power is "divided" between THREE SUPERPOWERS, and a FOURTH ONE-WORLD-GOVERNMENT.

Dan. 2

Per the above, if the verse 45, 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE significance is not as proposed, then please provide an alternate explanation for this Scriptural Intelligent Design.

Do people just make this stuff up, to try and pull the wool over peoples eyes?!? We're not stupid. We've got history books.

With Best Regards,
DD
I am not suggesting anything, for the book of Daniel speaks only of four metals (gold, silver, copper, and iron), but also attaches "clay to the iron", in which clay is not a metal, but an addition. This does not impact the fact that five world powers are seen here.

The problem with most is that they are unable to discern who "the toes of the feet (that ) were partly of iron and partly of clay" being spoken at Daniel 2:41-43. For example, in giving several illustrations at Matthew 13, Jesus used the Greek word syniemi five different times (Matt 13:13-15, 19, 23, 51), that means "to mentally put the pieces together." Jesus said that his genuine disciples would have access to this knowledge telling them: "To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted."(Matt 13:11)

Daniel 2:41 shows that from the dissolution of the Roman Empire (in 476 C.E.) came forth another "kingdom" (through a series of "events" that formed the Holy Roman Empire), also "divided, but some of the hardness of iron will be in it." This "kingdom" will not have the strength that Rome had (Dan 2:40), for with the addition of "clay" in the mixture, it loses some strength.

This "clay" is "the people" that now make known their voice for change within the government, causing fracturing, unlike Rome that quickly disposed of any dissenters within its empire. The "people....will not stick together, one to the other, just as iron does not mix with clay."(Dan 2:43) Hence, "the kingdom will be partly strong and partly fragile."(Dan 2:42) This "kingdom" is now alive and active as the Anglo-American dual world power.

Daniel 2:45 is another "kingdom" that God has set up, and is not a political world power. Daniel 2 outlines the world powers that started with ancient Babylon in 632 B.C.E and ends with the destruction of the final one, Britain/America.

Daniel 2:44 says that "In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever."

Thus, the "kingdom" that came forth from the "legs of iron" (Rome), the Anglo-American world power, will not pass off the scene of its own accord, but will be "alive" (Rev 19:20b), actively promoting its own nationalistic interests and controlling importance in world affairs, when it is wiped off the face of the earth by another "kingdom" (along with all other political governments and agencies), God's kingdom that "the God of heaven set up" in 1914.(Rev 16:14, 16)

Hence, at Daniel 2:45, it further says that "just as you saw that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and that it crushed the iron, the copper, the clay, the silver, and the gold. The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the future. The dream is true, and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

This "stone....cut not hands (or through politics)" is God's heavenly kingdom or government, that will soon take decisive action against all human political governments, crushing them out of existence. Jesus taught us to pray for that "Kingdom to come".(Matt 6:10) Daniel 2 speaks of five human rulerships and one heavenly one.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
DaDad said:
To All,

Who is it that would wittingly or unwittingly attempt to deceive the church?!?

1. How is it that one should infer that the two legs have significance? Were there not TWO THIGHS which preceded the two legs? And if there were ANY significance, then wouldn't it be attributed to the THIGHS?!?

2. Alexander's empire was NOT divided between four generals, -- but rather FIVE:

1. Antipater taking Macedonia and Greece,
2. Lysimachus Thrace
3. Antigonus Asia Minor
4. Seleucus Babylonea
5. Ptolemy Egypt

“There were not only three major monarchies -- Macedonia, Seleucia, and Egypt; there were a hundred Greek city-states, of all degrees of independence; there was a maze of alliances and leagues; there were half-Greek states in Epirus, Judea, Pergamum, Byzantium, Bithynia, Cappadocia, Galatia, Bactria; and in the west were Greek Italy and Sicily, torn between aging Carthage and youthful Rome. ...(Alexander) had left not one but several strong men behind him, and none could be content with less than sovereignty. ... After some minor trials at arms which disposed of lesser contenders, they divided the empire into five parts -- Antipater taking Macedonia and Greece, Lysimachus Thrace, Antigonus Asia Minor, Seleucus Babylonea, and Ptolemy Egypt.”[1]

[SIZE=8pt][1][/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Durant, Will, “[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Story of Civilization: Part I,” Simon and Schuster, NY, 1954[/SIZE], pp. 557-558

Perhaps the promulgators of various doctrines should realize that WE DO HAVE HISTORY BOOKS.

With Best Regards,
DD

add
From Floyd:

Selecuids.gif

Floyd, on 09 Jun 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:
Floyd said:
I am not going to comment on any of your interpretations, until I have read JWs book on Daniel.
Please do not answer ANYONE on ANY SUBJECT, until you read Walvoord's book, and then Church's book, then Newton's book, and then Calvin's book, and then, and then, and then.

This is a strange reply! You are the one who quoted and recommended these works! Clearly you have read them and some of your opinions have been shaped by them!
So; what's going on with you DD?

Floyd, if you can't take a clue and arrive to the TRUTH, then the Holy Spirit is not within you. Please ask GOD to reveal TRUTHs, -- not men.

Again; a strange reply; and also presumptuous! Only Almighty God knows the heart of a person! I am doubting your stability/balance in these comments!
You are a man yes? You suggested John Walvoord's book!?

So now, what is the solution to 1:21 where Daniel DIED in the First year of Cyrus, -- but was in the third year of Cyrus?!? (I.e., What has four tires and flies? A garbage truck.)

Again; what on earth are you saying? Dan.1:21 is far from saying what you state!?
Also; what has a garbage truck got to do with Scripture!!!???
I have got to rethink my opinion of your abilities!

You clearly needed reminding that your opinions are now no longer valued; by your insistent posting of irrelevances.
Clearly; you have 5 on the brain in some abberant formulation of your own, both in Dan.2; and in Alexander's Generals!

It is clear that whatever "idea" you have in your head re the above, it has to contain the number 5!

Please be so kind as to desist , at least as far as I am concerned.